PDA

View Full Version : Football Lewis: Mangini Overworking Players

Coogs
11-12-2009, 12:15 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4647978

Lewis: Mangini Overworking Players

BEREA, Ohio -- Cleveland Browns running back Jamal Lewis said Thursday he's frustrated by another losing season and coach Eric Mangini is pushing his players too hard.

Lewis, who intends to retire after this season, said Thursday that he doesn't want to be a "babysitter" to Cleveland's younger players. He wants to win and expressed disappointment that 2- and 3-hour practices aren't translating into wins for the team, which has a 1-7 record.

While Lewis doesn't mind working hard, he says Mangini is wearing out his players.

The team captain says he hasn't approached Mangini about making changes. Earlier, Mangini said he has changed his approach and adjusted this season.

ChiefsCountry
11-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Patriot Way!

The Franchise
11-12-2009, 12:17 PM
Mangini has to be one of the worst coaches ever. The dude is a complete prick to his team and has nothing to show for it.

NY CHIEF
11-12-2009, 12:23 PM
:crybaby::crybaby:

Bane
11-12-2009, 12:33 PM
Mangini has to be one of the worst coaches ever. The dude is a complete prick to his team and has nothing to show for it.

If any of us were as bad at our jobs as Mangenius is,we'd be looking for new jobs.Even as bad as I think Lane Kiffin is,Mangenius is way worse.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2009, 12:39 PM
Being a dictator automatically leads to wins. I read it in Bill Parcells' field manual.

Param
11-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Maybe it's just me, but what did people expect him to do in his first season in Cleveland?

DJ's left nut
11-12-2009, 01:01 PM

I don't know why this is familiar to me...but it is.

Bane
11-12-2009, 01:05 PM

Yeah but Haley is our prick!LMAO
Posted via Mobile Device

Amnorix
11-12-2009, 01:13 PM
It took Belichick a while to "become human", which in my view undermined his first few years in Cleveland, from what I've read. He started out thinking players were just pieces on a chessboard.

Since then, he's evolved to become very, very good at managing personnel.

Mangenius has never learned that lesson. He's not a people person, and he just can't seem to build the kind of deep respect that players like Brady, Seau, Rodney Harrison, and others have for Belichick. Seau has specifically said that he's ONLY willing to come back and play for the Patriots, in part because he knows the system, and in part because he respects and trusts the coach.

Mangini doesn't get it, and it's a serious question whether he ever will.

Coogs
11-12-2009, 01:13 PM

Any bets on which one of our guys has the nads to go public with this kind of thing?

chiefsfan4life1978
11-12-2009, 01:19 PM

That's Todd Haley in a nutshell from what I've seen and heard.

HemiEd
11-12-2009, 01:26 PM

Yeah, he should just be buddies, and pat the losers on the back like Herm.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-12-2009, 01:29 PM

Yeah, Todd Haley is....

oh wait.....wrong prick.

(that's what she said)

Micjones
11-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Haley, I think, is learning though.

HemiEd
11-12-2009, 01:52 PM
Haley, I think, is learning though.

Yeah, and a little success would help his situation a lot.

Coogs
11-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Yeah, he should just be buddies, and pat the losers on the back like Herm.

I agree. But I still wonder which player is going to crack first? Waters?

HemiEd
11-12-2009, 02:23 PM
I agree. But I still wonder which player is going to crack first? Waters?

To be honest, I think it already happened with Pollard, and he was made an example of.

Did you see the look on Dorsey's face during that locker room interview the other day? (The I aint sain' shit look? The get clear the fuck away from me with that microphone and camera look?)

I know a lot of people are frustrated with the apparent lack of progress, but I would say they have totally changed the locker room/player attitudes. Now they just need some success.

Consistent1
11-12-2009, 03:08 PM
I think Belichick should get an agents cut from some of these clowns riding his coattails.Hope Pioli doesnt end up being one of them!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2009, 04:29 PM
Patriot Way!

LMAO

Someone posted an article at a different board a while back which outlined, in great detail, how Belicheat has strategically sent his ex-minions out in to the world to ensure that the Pats remain a dominant team.

At the time, it was just another humorous throw-away article.

But now...:hmmm:

Marcellus
11-12-2009, 04:51 PM

Besides here, where exactly have you heard this? Where have you witnessed it? You mean from the yelling on the sidelines?