PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mid-Season Most Disappointing Player

Rain Man
11-12-2009, 05:26 PM
Okay, give me a minute. This is going to be a big list.

This vote is for the most disappointing player based on your expectations. Not the worst, but the most disappointing for you.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2009, 05:30 PM
Dorsey
Ty Jack
Cassel

DeezNutz
11-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Dorsey
Ty Jack
Cassel

1. One of the biggest positives thus far, actually.
2. Incomplete. No way to make that assessment, yet, but the selection itself sucked balls.
3. In a landslide. Isn't even close.

Rain Man
11-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Someone voted for Succop out of habit after the other "good player" polls.

Bane
11-12-2009, 05:35 PM
Dorsey I guess.Everyone said he was the best player in that draft but I haven't seen it yet.Cassel has no help so to me the lone fact that he is still alive is amazing .Tyson Jackson is a rookie so I didn't expect a lot out of him anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

crazycoffey
any chance we could stop talking about the chiefs?
God I miss the offseason....

CupidStunt
Albert without question.

The Franchise
11-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Dorsey I guess.Everyone said he was the best player in that draft but I haven't seen it yet.Cassel has no help so to me the lone fact that he is still alive is amazing .Tyson Jackson is a rookie so I didn't expect a lot out of him anyway.
Posted via Mobile Device

He'd be a stud if we'd actually stayed with the 4-3 and let him play the position that he was good at.

Deberg_1990
11-12-2009, 05:38 PM
He'd be a stud if we'd actually stayed with the 4-3 and let him play the position that he was good at.

Who knows? He may turn out to be a solid player, but thats not what was advertised coming out of college.

I guess im just disappointed. I expected a young Warren Sapp type of player.

DeezNutz
11-12-2009, 05:38 PM
Is Albert truly disappointing when everyone knows--excuse me, everyone except the people who matter--that he's playing too light?

Bane
11-12-2009, 05:39 PM

Yeah I've often been curious to see if he would .
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
11-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Who knows? He may turn out to be a solid player, but thats not what was advertised coming out of college.

Warren Sapp would disappoint you if he was made into a 3-4 DE.

Reaper16
11-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Cassel, duh. My expectations were even pretty low for the guy and he hasn't lived up to those.

GordonGekko
11-12-2009, 05:45 PM
Matt Cassel, huge contract; dismal numbers for the majority of the game. I don't think he is a winner, and I just don't envision him leading us to the playoffs. The OLine is definitely not helping.

Bwana
11-12-2009, 05:49 PM
L. Johnson

I'm still on the wait and see regrding Cassel. Lets see what he can do behind a decent line.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2009, 05:50 PM
I can't believe there is even a question of who deserves this "honor".

DaKernal
11-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Mike Brown. I thought he would make an impact in the secondary and be somewhat of a leader on the defense along with Vrabel.

Instead, the only thing he leads on the team is whiffed tackles and TD's allowed

TinyEvel
11-12-2009, 05:51 PM
At first I thought L. Johnson or Brown, but "disappointing" means not living up to expectations, and my expectations weren't very high for either of them, so I chose Cassel.

OnTheWarpath15
11-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Cassel, and again, sadly, it's really not close.

Coogs
11-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Cassel. Reports, on more than one occasion, comming out of the summer months were that we had a legit NFL QB on our roster. Many (not here either, but NFL pundits) were predicting him to be a top 10 QB. We have not seen that yet. Not even close. Even if the O-line does suck, we should see flashes.

teedubya
11-12-2009, 06:01 PM
Zach Thomas was pretty disappointing... so was Armani its not a TOOOOOMER.

teedubya
11-12-2009, 06:02 PM
Actually, the most disappointing thing STILL is Jared Allen playing for the Vikings.

DeezNutz
11-12-2009, 06:03 PM
Cassel. Reports, on more than one occasion, comming out of the summer months were that we had a legit NFL QB on our roster. Many (not here either, but NFL pundits) were predicting him to be a top 10 QB. We have not seen that yet. Not even close. Even if the O-line does suck, we should see flashes.

Once we hit River Falls, however, many in the media were saying that Croyle looked like the better QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Zach Thomas was pretty disappointing... so was Armani its not a TOOOOOMER.

You can't tell me there was no place for him on this clusterfuck.
No
Fucking
Way.

His cut was my first indication that "somethin' ain't right in River City".

88TG88
11-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Why can't I select them all ?

RustShack
11-12-2009, 06:05 PM
Goff

Bwana
11-12-2009, 06:05 PM

Yeah, I have a feeling you're right about this, but I still want to see if he is worth a damn behind a decent line. I do have the feeling in my gut we bought a "great looking car with a bad engine" though. I guess we should have taken it for a longer test drive, before going balls to the wall with the checkbook.

Coogs
11-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Once we hit River Falls, however, many in the media were saying that Croyle looked like the better QB.

I know. But we still heard bits stating he was the real deal.

DeezNutz
11-12-2009, 06:07 PM
Yeah, I have a feeling you're right about this, but I still want to see if he is worth a damn behind a decent line. I do have the feeling in my gut we bought a "great looking car with a bad engine" though. I guess we should have taken it for a longer test drive, before going balls to the wall with the checkbook.

Hmm...I think Cassel is ugly as fuck, but I'll defer to your opinion on the matter. :D

FD
11-12-2009, 06:08 PM
This poll begins and ends with Albert.

Bwana
11-12-2009, 06:11 PM
Hmm...I think Cassel is ugly as ****, but I'll defer to your opinion on the matter. :D

ROFL

Heh, I don't want to bump uglies with the dude, I just want him to
throw a decent ball without taking five seconds in the pocket.

I don't know if they guy has just been knocked around to much from lack of blocking, of if he has shitty field vision.

LaChapelle
11-12-2009, 06:12 PM
The Stain
Brown, his problems were suppose to be in the injury department.

DeezNutz
11-12-2009, 06:13 PM
I know. But we still heard bits stating he was the real deal.

Lots of hopeful thinking, IMO. KK, for example, was stating beyond a shadow of a doubt that Cassel would be a franchise QB.l

DeezNutz
11-12-2009, 06:14 PM

:toast:

Red Brooklyn
11-12-2009, 06:17 PM
I had to vote for Bowe. Maybe my expectations were just too high... I don't know. But the poll asks who I'm most disappointed in. I'm shocked how poorly Bowe is doing - whether through his own fault, the coach's fault, the O-line's fault, the Qb's fault, whatever. I thought he'd be performing better. Honesty, my expectations for Cassel were pretty low... so... he's right about where I feared he'd be. No big surprise.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Lots of hopeful thinking, IMO. KK, for example, was stating beyond a shadow of a doubt that Cassel would be a franchise QB.l

Oh God, Petro was even worse. Of course, he changeth his tune on a daily basis, so one might listen to the breeze blowing through the trees and gain just as much useful knowledge, yes.:rolleyes:

Rain Man
Eh, I missed Goff in the poll since he's in IR. Page too, for that matter.

I had high expectations for Goff.

Coogs
ROFL

I don't know if they guy has just been knocked around to much from lack of blocking, of if he has shitty field vision.

Same here. And maybe he still will. But for now he is the most disappointing player. And that is saying something, 'cause there are quite a few candidates that you could make a strong case for that honor.

Frazod
11-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Brown. While I wouldn't have been surprised if he'd already been lost for the year due to injury, I never would have guessed that I'd PREFER it if he was lost for the year due to injury.

LaChapelle
11-12-2009, 06:19 PM
Maybe I'm remembering wrong. There was plenty of warning Cassel was going to be less than spectacular.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Derrick Johnson.

The scheme really fit his talents.

It didn't fit his attitude.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2009, 06:24 PM
The Stain
Brown, his problems were suppose to be in the injury department.

http://o.aolcdn.com/art/sportsdata/nfl/players/hs_7803.jpg
"Heh, fuck you Mike Brown".
"Somebody chalk up another
'W' for our column and bring me
a fresh beat; it's time to DANCE, beeyatch"!

jidar
11-12-2009, 06:25 PM
Disappointment is the difference between expectation and performance, to that end there cannot possibly be any other answer to this question than Cassel.

smittysbar
11-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Cassel

DeezNutz
11-12-2009, 06:28 PM
Derrick Johnson.

The scheme really fit his talents.

It didn't fit his attitude.

LMAO.

The company penis is clean!

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2009, 06:31 PM
LMAO.

It's not his fault; Pioli offered him a "slurpee" and he misunderstood.

Reaper16
11-12-2009, 06:33 PM
It's not his fault; Pioli offered him a "slurpee" and he misunderstood.
True. What Pioli really said was that he was going to place the slurpee guy at 7-11 on Antioch and I-35 ahead of DJ on the depth chart.

Hammock Parties
11-12-2009, 06:35 PM
LMAO.

This went over my head.

Something about Johnsons?

Rain Man
11-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Disappointment is the difference between expectation and performance, to that end there cannot possibly be any other answer to this question than Cassel.

Y'know, I'm actually more impressed with Cassel than I thought I would be. I was really scared of his signing, but he's outperformed my expectations. So I wouldn't call him a disappointment at all.

Of course, I was expecting Tony Banks or Scott Mitchell or someone.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2009, 06:37 PM
True. What Pioli really said was that he was going to place the slurpee guy at 7-11 on Antioch and I-35 ahead of DJ on the depth chart.

And if we add the pimple-faced teenager from Baskin Robbins on Vivian Road, we'll finally have the "Right 53 Flavors", yes.

Progress!

Reaper16
11-12-2009, 06:38 PM
And if we add the pimple-faced teenager from Baskin Robbins on Vivian Road, we'll finally have the "Right 53 Flavors", yes.

Progress!
LMAO

DeezNutz
11-12-2009, 06:39 PM
This went over my head.

Something about Johnsons?

I was using a Coming to America allusion to make fun of you about making a veiled reference to the painfully stupid, "right 53."

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2009, 06:44 PM
I was using a Coming to America allusion to make fun of you about making a veiled reference to the painfully stupid, "right 53."

You're a horrible, horrible fan/Pioli Zombie.

Posted via Bluetooth butt-plug.

Micjones
11-12-2009, 06:45 PM
I'm honestly going to go with Derrick Johnson.
I think Albert's been hurt by the weight loss and I'm not entirely ready to evaluate Cassel with so many other factors in play (i.e. poor offensive line play, a new offensive system installed 1 week before the season began, a carousel of WR's, a conservative offensive approach).

Bwana
11-12-2009, 06:46 PM
You're a horrible, horrible fan/Pioli Zombie.

Posted via Bluetooth butt-plug.

Classic!

LMAO

HemiEd
11-12-2009, 06:46 PM
Cassel

easily

GloryDayz
11-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Well, LJ hasn't done much for the last few weeks!!!

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2009, 06:47 PM
I'm honestly going to go with Derrick Johnson.
I think Albert's been hurt by the weight loss and I'm not entirely ready to evaluate Cassel with so many other factors in play (i.e. poor offensive line play, a new offensive system installed 1 week before the season began, a carousel of WR's, a conservative offensive approach).

:spock: How can you "honestly go" with a guy who doesn't get to play?

Mr. Laz
11-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Disappointing to me is relative to expectations ... so my top 5 based on that.

1. Albert - If you just evaluated him by this year and his draft spot fans would be screaming bust and demanding that he be pulled. Last year bought him some grace time but he has looked putrid this year.

2. Derrick Johnson -3 coaching staffs and he has looked the same during each one more or less. People want to scream at Haley but DJ has been very inconsistent for most of his pro career.

3. Dwayne Bowe - still dropping balls and without Gonzo taking the coverage he hasn't been much of a threat at all. Yes, i realize the Oline hurts his production but Bowe isn't provoking any fear into defenses at all.

4. Matt Cassel - Yes, he's getting hit alot but he has still been playing scared even when not getting pressured. His accuracy past 15 yrds has been terrible and he's no longer even using his feet to make plays very much. When he gets pressure now he almost turns into Damon "fetal position" Huard.

5. This slot could be filled by several players ... Waters,Niswanger,LJ,Goff. None of them have lived up to anything worth a shit. flip a coin.

Bwana
11-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Well, LJ hasn't done much all year.

There, fixed it for you.

cdcox
11-12-2009, 06:51 PM

My expectations were not very high for Cassel (*cough* Scott Mitchell *cough*).

So I went with Albert.

SDChiefs
11-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Cassel. What makes it even worse is I had very low expectations for him to begin with.

Mr. Laz
11-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Cassel. What makes it even worse is I had very low expectations for him to begin with.
then your not being honest, you're being bitter.

lemme guess ...... Sanchez?

CoMoChief
11-12-2009, 07:06 PM
I dont see how it's not Albert. He's supposed to be a cornerstone on the offense, protecting the QB and allowing running lanes for the RBs. He hasnt done either and is playing at the level of Damion McIntosh, after having a promising rookie season.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2009, 07:09 PM
Well, we made it to 63 posts before the inevitable kicked-in.:spock:

OnTheWarpath15
11-12-2009, 07:12 PM
My expectations were not very high for Cassel (*cough* Scott Mitchell *cough*).

So I went with Albert.

My personal expectations were low as well, but the expectations of the organization were not, therefore Cassel is the obvious pick, IMO.

Hell, he's been disappointing even by my expectations. That's saying something.

bevischief
11-12-2009, 08:05 PM
What no Haley option?

DeezNutz
11-12-2009, 08:06 PM
What no Haley option?

This isn't a golf poll.

chiefs1111
11-12-2009, 08:10 PM
Cassel

bevischief
11-12-2009, 08:18 PM
This isn't a golf pole.

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2009, 08:25 PM
This isn't a golf pole.
LMAO

DaneMcCloud
11-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Cassel by a wide, wide margin

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2009, 08:47 PM
Where's the "Fuck New England and everything it stands for" option?

Chiefnj2
11-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Albert should be the runaway winner. Last year people were talking about a pro bowl future and now he is one of the worst LOTs in the entire league. His poor play is affecting everyone's favorite scapegoat.

luv
11-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Cassel

Hootie
11-12-2009, 09:44 PM
I'd have to personally say Albert.

Hootie
11-12-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm not disappointed or pleased with Cassel...

I think, given his supporting cast, he's outplaying a lot of QB's in the NFL.

I don't think, however, he is performing even close to his contract...but I am willing to give him another year before I start getting worried.

ALSO...he gets bonus points from me for still being healthy...he gets beat up every game and keeps fighting...we can at least give him credit for that.

I don't think it is all of his fault the team puts him in 3rd and long after 3rd and long...

RNR
11-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Russell...err....wait....this is Chiefs Planet....I would guess he would be the favorite player on your list...at least after next Sunday. He was your MVP last game that fell a little short, he will make it up to you this time~ :shake:

Chief Roundup
11-12-2009, 10:00 PM
What no Haley option?

That is what I thought as well. His play calling has been bad. We need to stretch the field at least once or twice before the 2:00 left in the 4th quarter.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2009, 10:04 PM
The Raider has a point; it could be worse. We could be stuck with JaFatty.

I mean fuck; the only way that situation at QB gets any worse, is if they decide to start Al Davis in his place.

DaKernal
11-12-2009, 10:10 PM
I mean really, if cassel doesn't start to show something very soon, someone should start a petition to start Croyle. I would really love to see him get a couple starts, just to see if he can outplay Cassel.

I think he could, but Cassel will never get benched unless he gets injured

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-12-2009, 10:13 PM
Cassel will not be benched by this regime, period. If he fails, Pioli should be on the first train out of town with him.

DaKernal
11-12-2009, 10:14 PM
Cassel will not be benched by this regime, period. If he fails, Pioli should be on the first train out of town with him.

I 100% agree with this

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-12-2009, 10:20 PM

If he fails...ROFL "If" he fails...ROFL

Oh! Excuse me, I was having a moment there and lost my composure.

Let's try this again:

If he fails, the only grace for Pioli is the drafting of a legitimate, elite, top-tier QB prospect in the 2011 Draft.

Or, as you so eloquently put it; GTFO.

Demonpenz
11-12-2009, 10:54 PM
I never thought cassell was good, albert is my pick for 1

KC Jones
11-13-2009, 06:56 AM
Albert is my pick. His 'sophomore slump' has been far beyond anything I could have imagined. Before this year I thought of the guy as a legitimate NFL LT. At this point I'm thinking he might be the most overpaid guard in the NFL. (Other than maybe Robert Gallery)

Bane
11-13-2009, 07:04 AM
If he fails...ROFL "If" he fails...ROFL

Oh! Excuse me, I was having a moment there and lost my composure.

Let's try this again:

If he fails, the only grace for Pioli is the drafting of a legitimate, elite, top-tier QB prospect in the 2011 Draft.

Or, as you so eloquently put it; GTFO.

Well if Carl got 20 chances,how many does that give Pioli?ROFL
Maybe Pioli will get us turned around in a few years,but I'
I'll just be glad when everybody lets this GENIUS bullshit die.

CHIEFS58
11-13-2009, 07:26 AM
Ryan is a complete bag of ass. He couldnt block an 80 year old woman.

Hydrae
11-13-2009, 07:55 AM
This poll begins and ends with Albert.

No, it ends with "Why isn't this a multiple choice poll? " :)

I really wanted to vote for DJ but he hasn't been on the field enough to know if he is disappointing or not. He is certainly my vote getter for the last 3 seasons combined. I voted for Cassell.

Blick
11-13-2009, 08:28 AM
Just to name a guy who hasn't been mentioned yet...Cottam. I thought he would make some kind of progress at least this year...maybe just hover over the middle of the field and haul in a few balls, but he hasn't even seen the fucking field. I'd seriously have to go look at the roster to check if he's still even on the team.

Just checked...1 catch for 11 yards. Wow. You can't get on the field over Sean Ryan? JFC.

Rasputin
11-13-2009, 10:10 AM
I'm most disapointed in DJ he was suppose to have a pro bowl year but where is he? Verry disapointed in Cassel but didn't have the the expectations of him especially with this putred OL. Also disapointed we let go Bonecrusher Pollard before the season yes he takes bad angles but he was one hard hitin SOB that could change the game.

BigChiefFan
11-13-2009, 10:39 AM
I mean really, if cassel doesn't start to show something very soon, someone should start a petition to start Croyle. I would really love to see him get a couple starts, just to see if he can outplay Cassel.

Hilarious. The Glass vagina had his shot and failed miserably and now some clamor for him? He even played THIS YEAR.

Chiefnj2
11-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Only on Chiefs Planet would the QB be the most disappointing player considering he has the league's worst OL protecting him, a HB that was on pace to have one of the worst YPC per carry in league history, a new system thrown at him a week before the season started (did anyone catch the stat during the Jax game that KC STILL had more practices under Gailey than Haley), the worst TE in the league, brand new below average receivers every week and a HC/OC/QB coach completely over his head. Yep that QB sure is disappointing, I can't imagine why he isn't leading the team to victories.

Oregon chief
11-13-2009, 10:42 AM
I think Goff was my biggest disapointment. I at least thought he would hold down his position, maybe even do better than average. I was way off.

BigChiefFan
11-13-2009, 10:43 AM
Only on Chiefs Planet would the QB be the most disappointing player considering he has the league's worst OL protecting him, a HB that was on pace to have one of the worst YPC per carry in league history, a new system thrown at him a week before the season started (did anyone catch the stat during the Jax game that KC STILL had more practices under Gailey than Haley), the worst TE in the league, brand new below average receivers every week and a HC/OC/QB coach completely over his head. Yep that QB sure is disappointing, I can't imagine why he isn't leading the team to victories. Agreed.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Only on Chiefs Planet would the QB be the most disappointing player considering he has the league's worst OL protecting him, a HB that was on pace to have one of the worst YPC per carry in league history, a new system thrown at him a week before the season started (did anyone catch the stat during the Jax game that KC STILL had more practices under Gailey than Haley), the worst TE in the league, brand new below average receivers every week and a HC/OC/QB coach completely over his head. Yep that QB sure is disappointing, I can't imagine why he isn't leading the team to victories.

Only on Chiefsplanet will you find people willing to make excuses for a QB that doesn't look downfield, holds on to the ball for far too long, gets happy feet under pressure (even when pressure isn't there) and doesn't make good decisions.

Regardless of his surrounding talent.

PunkinDrublic
11-13-2009, 11:08 AM
I wouldn't call it the most dissappointing, but I for one am sick of seeing our D lineman easily outmanuvered in the backfield by running backs and QBs Tamba Hali has got to lead the league in QB whiffs it's embarrassing.

Coogs
11-13-2009, 11:22 AM

I'm not sure how many games you get to watch nj, but it has been extremely disappointing to watch the performance of our entire offense INCLUDING our QB so far this season.

I agree with the poll so far in that Albert and Cassel are the two leaders in suckage. But man for man right down through the offense you can make a case for every position. There has not been a bright spot from any one position period.

Does it mean Cassel can not be a good QB because he ha failed to this point? No. It just means many of us feel we should be seeing more, even though the parts around him are not the best either.

He has to improve, or a QB controversy is waiting to happen. Regardless of his supporting cast.

MOhillbilly
11-13-2009, 11:36 AM
Only on Chiefsplanet will you find people willing to make excuses for a QB that doesn't look downfield, holds on to the ball for far too long, gets happy feet under pressure (even when pressure isn't there) and doesn't make good decisions.

Regardless of his surrounding talent.

ummm id add that you cant teach accuracy. Guy just doesnt have a dead eye, be it 40yds down field or a 10 yd dump pass.

Chiefnj2
11-13-2009, 11:56 AM
ummm id add that you cant teach accuracy. Guy just doesnt have a dead eye, be it 40yds down field or a 10 yd dump pass.

Except he had a 63% completion percentage last year.

MahiMike
11-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Either Albert or Waters. Neither are playing to their potential.

MahiMike
11-13-2009, 12:17 PM

How about that 2nd TD to Chambers last week? Dude thread a needle.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Except he had a 63% completion percentage last year.

Keep us posted as to when Moss & Welker arrive

wild1
11-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Albert, Waters, and the whole offensive line.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Either Albert or Waters. Neither are playing to their potential.

Can you please describe the "potential" of a 32-year old, ten year veteran?

Chiefnj2
11-13-2009, 12:23 PM
how many of those completions were for 20 or more this year?

You said he wasn't accurate even on dump offs. 13 this year.

suds79
11-13-2009, 12:24 PM
I had to go with Albert.

I see Cassel has also received a lot of votes. But I think to be fair we all couldn't say for sure what we had in Cassel.

We all knew and saw that Brandon could be a good LT in this league from last year and Todd Haley (with his damn weight loss thing) and Bill Muir (with his inept coaching) have Albert going in the wrong direction.

Man if I could say anything to Brandon? (A little tongue in cheek here) Forget everything they've taught you and have a Twinkie.

wild1
11-13-2009, 12:38 PM
I'm inclined to cut Cassel some slack because

A. the offensive line is the worst group in football
B. his targets are the worst group in football

How do you get around that?

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2009, 12:40 PM

B. his targets are the worst group in football

How do you get around that?

I don't think you can call a WR corp that features Dwayne Bowe, a consistent (until this season) 1,000 yard receiver "the worst in football".

Bradley was productive last year and Bowe had twice as many receptions through the halfway point as he does this year. Wade doesn't suck and neither does Chris Chambers.

At some point, you have to look at the QB's decision making AND at the playcaller.

kcpasco
11-13-2009, 12:41 PM
Albert, because thats who we got for Allen.

kcpasco
11-13-2009, 12:43 PM

B. his targets are the worst group in footballHow do you get around that?

I don't agree with that

LaChapelle
11-13-2009, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Chiefs09

----------------

This petition shit is going to get out of hand. People actually think they made a difference. I can see a petition to fire a beer vender in Chiefs fans future.

wild1
11-13-2009, 01:04 PM
I don't agree with that

With Gonzalez not around to open things up, it's Bowe and nobody. And Bowe is regressing.

Chiefnj2
11-13-2009, 01:21 PM
I don't think you can call a WR corp that features Dwayne Bowe, a consistent (until this season) 1,000 yard receiver "the worst in football".

Bradley was productive last year and Bowe had twice as many receptions through the halfway point as he does this year. Wade doesn't suck and neither does Chris Chambers.

At some point, you have to look at the QB's decision making AND at the playcaller.

How long has Cassel been playing with Wade and Chambers?

HC_Chief
11-13-2009, 01:21 PM
With Gonzalez not around to open things up, it's Bowe and nobody. And Bowe is regressing.

Wade and Chambers are both decent #2 receivers. The corps is much better now than it was at the beginning of the season. The problem is our protection is absolute shit. Until we give the QB time to set, read, and throw, it won't matter who we have at wideout.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2009, 01:23 PM
Wade and Chambers are both decent #2 receivers. The corps is much better now than it was at the beginning of the season. The problem is our protection is absolute shit. Until we give the QB time to set, read, and throw, it won't matter who we have at wideout.

I've been advocating more Spread and Shotgun formations so that Cassel's able to do just that.

I wonder why this hasn't been a much bigger part of the game plan because it would certainly help out Cassel.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2009, 01:24 PM
How long has Cassel been playing with Wade and Chambers?

How long has Favre played with Rice, Harvin & Berrian?

HC_Chief
11-13-2009, 01:27 PM
I've been advocating more Spread and Shotgun formations so that Cassel's able to do just that.

I wonder why this hasn't been a much bigger part of the game plan because it would certainly help out Cassel.

You mean go back to the offense that CHAN GAILEY implemented last season to overcome the shit OL? :hmmm:

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2009, 01:33 PM
You mean go back to the offense that CHAN GAILEY implemented last season to overcome the shit OL? :hmmm:

I understand that there are Pro's and Con's to running the spread offense but quite frankly, I think the Chiefs would have been far more productive offensively if they had stuck with the Spread, especially considering the state of the offensive line.

I hope that with the addition of Chambers, we'll see the spread used quite a bit more this weekend because he has the ability to help open up both the passing lanes and running lanes.

HC_Chief
11-13-2009, 01:44 PM
I understand that there are Pro's and Con's to running the spread offense but quite frankly, I think the Chiefs would have been far more productive offensively if they had stuck with the Spread, especially considering the state of the offensive line.

I hope that with the addition of Chambers, we'll see the spread used quite a bit more this weekend because he has the ability to help open up both the passing lanes and running lanes.

I agree... just pointing out the irony of the situation; if we had kept Gailey we would have been running that offense to begin with. We would most likely have had much different numbers across the board (including, IMO, in the W column).

Chiefnj2
11-13-2009, 01:46 PM
How long has Favre played with Rice, Harvin & Berrian?

More than 1 week.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2009, 01:52 PM
More than 1 week.

No, it didn't.

Favre had 2 TD's in week one. One to Harvin and one to Shiancoe. He was also 23 of 27.

Making excuses for Matt Cassel's performance this year does not make him a better quarterback.

Chiefnj2
11-13-2009, 01:55 PM
No, it didn't.

Favre had 2 TD's in week one. One to Harvin and one to Shiancoe. He was also 23 of 27.

Making excuses for Matt Cassel's performance this year does not make him a better quarterback.

Who said he was better than Favre? Why are you comparing someone with 25 starts with someone who has over 250 starts? Someone who has a good OL and the league's best running back with someone who has the worst OL and LJ? God you're dumb.

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Who said he was better than Favre? Why are you comparing someone with 25 starts with someone who has over 250 starts? Someone who has a good OL and the league's best running back with someone who has the worst OL and LJ? God you're dumb.

No, you're fucking dumb.

You make excuse after excuse for Cassel.

It's the line or the receivers or what the fuck ever.

The bottom line is that he's played like SHIT all season. He doesn't look downfield, he gets nervous in the pocket, his accuracy is awful and he just flat-out looks like a bust out there.

He doesn't have that "I'll take this team and put it on my back" type of persona.

He's a backup QB and that's exactly how he's played all season.

Like a backup.

Coogs
11-13-2009, 02:14 PM
The bottom line is that he's played like SHIT all season. He doesn't look downfield, he gets nervous in the pocket, his accuracy is awful and he just flat-out looks like a bust out there.

He doesn't have that "I'll take this team and put it on my back" type of persona.

Like a backup.

I'll pretty much have to second this. I originally thought this team could win 9 games this year. One of the reasons I thought that way is because I thought Cassel would bring more to the table than what we have seen.

The other reason was because I thought we would be better coached this season than last season. Sadly, I am not sure we are.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2009, 04:32 PM
No, you're fucking dumb.

It's the line or the receivers or what the fuck ever.

Like a backup.

I'll pretty much have to second this. I originally thought this team could win 9 games this year. One of the reasons I thought that way is because I thought Cassel would bring more to the table than what we have seen.

The other reason was because I thought we would be better coached this season than last season. Sadly, I am not sure we are.

Though I'm pissing in the wind, a part of me would LIKE to hope that the majority of the fan base will learn from this debacle and realize that this is a playmaker's league, and that there are some positions that you can...NOT compromise on.

Rausch
11-13-2009, 04:34 PM
It would be one thing to just suck, but to suck AND be the team's biggest cogsugger makes you teh winnar...

Rausch
11-13-2009, 04:37 PM
No, you're ****ing dumb.

It's the line or the receivers or what the **** ever.

Like a backup.

I disagree.

In fact, he's the Anti-Thigpen.

He sucks for 3 and 1/4th quarters and then turns into Joe fucking Montana the last 4 minutes of the game.

We should have kept Thiggy's inconsistent ass and started him the 1st half, ran the wildcat or some other such trickeration bull$3it the 3rd quarter, then throw Cassel in there the 4th to score his 10-14 pts...

DaneMcCloud
11-13-2009, 04:40 PM
I disagree.

He sucks for 3 and 1/4th quarters and then turns into Joe fucking Montana the last 4 minutes of the game.

We should have kept Thiggy's inconsistent ass and started him the 1st half, ran the wildcat or some other such trickeration bull$3it the 3rd quarter, then throw Cassel in there the 4th to score his 10-14 pts...

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2009, 04:40 PM
I disagree.

LMAO

SDChiefs
11-13-2009, 04:52 PM
then your not being honest, you're being bitter.

lemme guess ...... Sanchez?

Hell no. And I am being honest. Hes just that bad.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Hell no. And I am being honest. Hes just that bad.

ROFL Flawless Victory.

The_Doctor10
11-13-2009, 05:35 PM

Seeing as he put up almost identical numbers to Warren Sapp in his rookie season, with some of the most inept coaching in the NFL's history, logic would dictate that a second year at his natural position would mean he takes another step to living up to that hype.

Bunit
11-13-2009, 05:57 PM
1. One of the biggest positives thus far, actually.
2. Incomplete. No way to make that assessment, yet, but the selection itself sucked balls.
3. In a landslide. Isn't even close.

Agreed with 1 and 2 but num 3 aint no landside. Dude has been disappointing but aint got shit to work with.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-13-2009, 06:52 PM
I think Cassel was ahead 36 to 26 the last time I checked this poll.

It's pretty funny to see how the breakdown occurs according to what time of day people post.

milkman
11-13-2009, 07:57 PM
To me the guy who has disappointed the most is Scott Pioli.

While he wasn't my first choice, when he was hired I at least expected a GM that would find better players to replace the scrubs he releases, and to this point, the players he has picked up have been every bit as bad, if not worse, than the ones he's released.

I also wouldn't have expected that he would only be able to find players from just the "tree".

Rausch
11-13-2009, 07:59 PM
I alos wouldn't have expected that he would only be able to find players from just the "tree".

I'm stupified by this.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2009, 08:05 PM
To me the guy who has disappointed the most is Scott Pioli.

While he wasn't my first choice, when he was hired I at least expected a GM that would find better players to replace the scrubs he releases, and to this point, the players he has picked up have been every bit as bad, if not worse, than the ones he's released.

I also wouldn't have expected that he would only be able to find players from just the "tree".

I'm stupified by this.

You are the worst fans evah!/Pioli Zombie

Posted from beneath Scott Pioli's desk

Coogs
11-13-2009, 08:29 PM
I think Cassel was ahead 36 to 26 the last time I checked this poll.

It's pretty funny to see how the breakdown occurs according to what time of day people post.

I have a feeling a lot of people read the thread or check the results on these things before they make a decision.

Willie Lanier
11-13-2009, 10:46 PM
I voted Cassel even though it's too early in my opinion to make a final judgement on his potential due to our anemic o-line. He really lost me last week; his final stats were mediocre pushing good, but for the first time this season I got the impression he could care less about the outcome... It's tough to put into words, but he just seemed, nonchalant, and I despise that attitude when you're team is gushing blood. If your boys are up 20 with a minute to go and a pass sails high, smirking it off works, but we got a long way to go before we can ever be up by 20 points, so speak some fire, smack some rookies. I'm just losing my optimism...

Hammock Parties
11-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Could you replace the most disappointing player with an ape and notice a difference?

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Could you replace the most disappointing player with an ape and notice a difference?

I would think that 5 on the line could put some eyes out and give Cassel enough time to scratch his ass before ignoring Bowe again...