PDA

View Full Version : Football Cutler - 5 Picks

Jack
11-13-2009, 07:32 AM
Reckon this will light up the Orton/Cutler controversy. . .

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-13-2009, 07:39 AM
No.. Denver won that deal. No controversy

MahiMike
11-13-2009, 07:47 AM
Guess McDaniels IS a genius.

MichaelH
11-13-2009, 07:52 AM

Maybe that was also why Cassel was much better last year.

Marcellus
11-13-2009, 07:59 AM
Not sure which is worse, the fact it looks like Denver once again appears to have made the right decision or the fact that I am sure all the Cutler nut huggers on here who were lavishly licking his taint and pineing for him will still not admit he sucks.

The guy has a big time NFL arm and a JR High brain. Jeff George v2. But hey, his arm is stronger then Elway's.

Go back and look up some threads when the trade was made and check all the I so wish we had Cutler posts.

Quesadilla Joe
11-13-2009, 08:23 AM

"He's getting a lot of heat now, but someone who knows coaches well predicted to me that McDaniels is going to be one of the greatest NFL coaches ever. Strong words, I know, and we'll see. But I think he's going to be a real good one".

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 08:32 AM
Mike Nolanwas an NFL HEAD coach that can atleast help mcd out. We had that in gailey but we fired him. weeee great year

TheGuardian
11-13-2009, 08:33 AM
And after the Donkeys get throttled in the playoffs and Orton is shown as a fraud next year and Moreno has another year of looking like a bust it'll all start to unravel. McDaniels is not a genius, Orton does sucks (as did Cutler), Moreno will eventually be called a bust, and in a year from now all the "pundits" will ask "what happened to the Broncos from a year ago?"

Bane
11-13-2009, 08:36 AM
"He's getting a lot of heat now, but a genius who knows coaches well predicted to me that Mc Dickhole is going to be one of the worst NFL coaches ever. Strong words, I know, and we'll see but this guy is no genius.
- Adam Mc Schafter on Josh Mc Dickhole
:rockon:

Nixhex
11-13-2009, 08:45 AM
Jay Cutler is Jeff George reincarnated.

The Poz
11-13-2009, 09:18 AM
Sure glad my Fantasy Football opponent started him last night.

Consistent1
11-13-2009, 09:28 AM
In fairness...who really whould have predicted that Cutler would look this bad? And at least Denver has gotten better in other ways even if Orton breaks down some. The Donks have a pretty easy schedule from here on out. The Bears may just be screwed for the year and possibly the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
11-13-2009, 09:32 AM
In fairness...who really whould have predicted that Cutler would look this bad? And at least Denver has gotten better in other ways even if Orton breaks down some. The Donks have a pretty easy schedule from here on out. The Bears may just be screwed for the year and possibly the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

To be fair, Cutler was wildly inconsistent last year in Dungver and one of the biggest reasons they ended up missing the playoffs.

The guy is in his 3rd year as a starter and as he showed last night, he is not learning anything.

He has always been overrated and has not won anything on any level to earn the hype he has gotten.

Mile High Mania
11-13-2009, 09:36 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

Define easy... with 8 games, they still host the Chargers and Giants - they play @ Indy and @ Philly.

Games against Redskins, Chiefs twice, Raiders

So, 4 of the 8 are not easy... @ KC is a toss up right now, but records typically don't matter much when AFCW teams meet. You know that.

Regarding Cutler looking this bad... while I still think the guy can be stellar, he does appear to lack leadership and shows frustration way too much (which I said in the past), but I also told those expecting him to have 2008 numbers in Chicago to temper that excitement because CHI doesn't have the weapons.

All in all, I think he'll be fine, but Hester is not a #1 WR... he's a great #2 with Bennet being a solid #3, then having Knox as your Stokely option. If they can get a legit #1 guy and get the OL back to form, things will improve.

The INTs are out of hand and he's 1 away from his career high from 2008, but again... he had better weapons in Denver, so it's not shocking to me.

Tribal Warfare
11-13-2009, 09:48 AM
The guy has a big time NFL arm and a JR High brain. Jeff George v2. But hey, his arm is stronger then Elway's.

Uh, no Elway had gun that is up their with Favre and Cutler can't come close to that that type of fastball. Strong arm, but don't forget who you are comparing him to.

Mile High Mania
11-13-2009, 09:49 AM
Uh, no Elway had gun that is up their with Favre and Cutler can't come close to that that type of fastball. Strong arm, but don't forget who you are comparing him to.

I'm guessing he was having fun with Cutler's comment from last year when he bragged about having a stronger arm.

Skyy God
11-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Sure glad my Fantasy Football opponent started him last night.

Mine too. I need a WR upgrade, so I tried to trade Collie and Hasselbeck to him for Steve Smith (Car). Now he gets saddled with 3 pts from the QB slot and I should take his playoff spot.

easymobee
11-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Mine too. I need a WR upgrade, so I tried to trade Collie and Hasselbeck to him for Steve Smith (Car). Now he gets saddled with 3 pts from the QB slot and I should take his playoff spot.

I play in a pretty large league and my opponent and I are both 8 and 1 (leading the 2 divisions by a mile each) he started Cutler and Vernon Davis last night and got 8 pts total from them. I was pretty worried going in, because even last week when AZ killed CHI Cutler scored big on fantasy points and VD has been Alex Smiths security blanket thusfar. Schaub is my QB and on bye, so I'm starting local hero Josh Freeman this week and I think he can outduel Cutlers 4 pts.
Posted via Mobile Device

The Franchise
11-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Now you see what happens when you have a good offensive line and good WRs around you. I bet you Cutler misses throwing to Marshall and Royal.

Dartgod
11-13-2009, 10:44 AM
And after the Donkeys get throttled in the playoffs and Orton is shown as a fraud next year and Moreno has another year of looking like a bust it'll all start to unravel. McDaniels is not a genius, Orton does sucks (as did Cutler), Moreno will eventually be called a bust, and in a year from now all the "pundits" will ask "what happened to the Broncos from a year ago?"
You left out, "and Brandon Marshall sucks and only has such good stats because they force him the ball so much."

:rolleyes:

Kyle DeLexus
11-13-2009, 10:55 AM
The INTs are out of hand and he's 1 away from his career high from 2008, but again... he had better weapons in Denver, so it's not shocking to me.

The bad thing for him is a lot of his INT's are his receivers falt. It's like they don't know how to run a route properly.....I didn't get to see last nights game so I don't know if that was the case there.

Mile High Mania
11-13-2009, 10:55 AM

You know, I think I read this same post (or forms of it) at least 5 times every off-season.

Mile High Mania
11-13-2009, 10:57 AM
The bad thing for him is a lot of his INT's are his receivers falt. It's like they don't know how to run a route properly.....I didn't get to see last nights game so I don't know if that was the case there.

One of the INTs last night (pass to Hester over the middle I believe) was sorta set up by a ref being in the way. There was another that was tipped, I think. But, still... even if you say those 2 weren't entirely his fault... the other three were.

The one thing I liked about Cutler was his ability to move around and extend a play, the only negative thing is that he makes either a bad decision or a forced pass isn't always thrown the best in that situation.

PunkinDrublic
11-13-2009, 11:02 AM
He forgot to take his insulin shot. He's got the diabeetus.

FD
11-13-2009, 11:34 AM

One of them was entirely Hester's fault when he tripped, but Cutler made some truly god-awful decisions on a couple of them, throwing right into a crowd of 49ers. It was ugly.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-13-2009, 12:27 PM
In fairness...who really whould have predicted that Cutler would look this bad?

me.

DJ's left nut
11-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Cutler's nowhere near as bad as he's shown this season, I'd still give my 2nd rounder and Cassel for him.

That said, last night was one of the worst nights I've ever seen from a QB. He had 3 picks that were a direct result of absolutely pitiful decisionmaking.

He made a few nice throws, but he's regressed a great deal across the board. Add in the fact that the Bears offense is horribly run and you have a recipe for disaster in Chicago.

He's still one of the top 10 most talented QBs in the league, but there's a lot of work that needs to be done to iron out some bad habits.

Marcellus
11-13-2009, 01:37 PM

That was a Cutler quote from last year.

vailpass
11-13-2009, 01:38 PM

Cutler claimed he had a stronger arm than Elway.
Posted via Mobile Device

Marcellus
11-13-2009, 01:41 PM
Cutler's nowhere near as bad as he's shown this season, I'd still give my 2nd rounder and Cassel for him.

That said, last night was one of the worst nights I've ever seen from a QB. He had 3 picks that were a direct result of absolutely pitiful decisionmaking.

He made a few nice throws, but he's regressed a great deal across the board. Add in the fact that the Bears offense is horribly run and you have a recipe for disaster in Chicago.

He's still one of the top 10 most talented QBs in the league, but there's a lot of work that needs to be done to iron out some bad habits.

The guy has not shown one iota of consistency in his career unless you call throwing untimely INT's consistent and he is not getting better. I wouldn't trade Croyle for him.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Cutler needs a little talent around him and he will be fine.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2009, 02:14 PM
This brings up an interesting question....how many does Cutler have to throw before he gets benched in a single game?

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Cutler needs a little talent around him and he will be fine.

He had much talent around him in Denver and the results were genrally the same.

Marcellus
11-13-2009, 04:28 PM
He had much talent around him in Denver and the results were genrally the same.

Yup. $1,000,000 arm, $.0.50 brain.

Mile High Mania
11-13-2009, 06:07 PM
This brings up an interesting question....how many does Cutler have to throw before he gets benched in a single game?

Benched? They just gave up multiple picks and Orton to get him... then, they just recently extended him for 2 years right? There will be no benching... nothing outside of a mid/late 4th quarter deal if a game is well out of reach.

I do think it's funny that when he took over with Denver the team had been doing well, especially the defense and then it just could never get on tract during his time in Denver. Now, in 2009 it was all going to be different... but, his offense is sputtering, no consistency with the ground game and their defense sucks (injuries are playing a role there), but I do find the whole thing very interesting.

But, I applaud their losses... it gives Denver a great R1 pick in 2010.

Brock
11-13-2009, 06:09 PM
Not a very bright football player.

Tribal Warfare
11-13-2009, 06:40 PM
Cutler claimed he had a stronger arm than Elway.
Posted via Mobile Device

good christ :shake:

Quesadilla Joe
11-13-2009, 06:44 PM
One of the INTs last night (pass to Hester over the middle I believe) was sorta set up by a ref being in the way. .

I was listening to Chicago sports radio most of the day yesterday just LMAO, and they talked to Devin Hester... Hester said on the INT that he slipped that he noticed that the CB was sitting on the route and that he tried to break off his route early inside so he can break up a potential INT... but he slipped.

Marcellus
11-13-2009, 06:46 PM
I was listening to Chicago sports radio most of the day yesterday just LMAO, and they talked to Devin Hester... Hester said on the INT that he slipped that he noticed that the CB was sitting on the route and that he tried to break off his route early inside so he can break up a potential INT... but he slipped.

Now the receivers are breaking off routes to try to prevent INT's? Holy shit.

Sanka
11-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Vaj Cuntler is at BEST an 8-8 QB.

Quesadilla Joe
11-13-2009, 07:02 PM
Now the receivers are breaking off routes to try to prevent INT's? Holy shit.

Yeah I about died when I heard that ROFL

boogblaster
11-13-2009, 09:27 PM
Sadly the Donks got the better deal ......

Hammock Parties
11-13-2009, 11:17 PM
How many picks would an ape throw?