PDA

View Full Version : Football Ochocinco find 20K for fake bribing incident

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 09:23 AM
Per ESPN this morning.

Seriously? I think this is way too much. The No Fun League really needs to pull their panties out. I realize that the mere mention of "bribe" is probably what set this off but come on......

Mr. Flopnuts
11-13-2009, 09:25 AM
Fuck the NFL. On multiple fronts.

stevieray
11-13-2009, 09:27 AM
uhuh. ..more like players need to stick to just playing football, instead of putting on sideshows for attention.

KCUnited
11-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Now if Anderson Silva puts his fist through eight five's skull, all would be well in the world.

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 09:30 AM
nobody was fined more that 15K for the fight with Atlanta and Washington.

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 09:31 AM
the league is still pissed they have to address him as ochocinco

Bugeater
11-13-2009, 09:33 AM
uhuh. ..more like players need to stick to just playing football, instead of putting on sideshows for attention.
Yes, this.

BigRichard
11-13-2009, 09:34 AM

Ocho's antics are not a problem. He doesn't rub anything in anyones face and he isn't causing huge problems unlike TO did. Football is all about entertainment so I have no problem with this. I think the only distractions are the ones that the NFL is creating by fining him.

Dayze
11-13-2009, 09:40 AM
yeah, the NFL hates that behvior so much. So much that the networks immediately zoom in on any player that made any play whatsoever. Networks love it; NFL loves it.

i watched an ESPN classic game the other day from the late 80's; it was refreshing to see a guy make a tackle, and get up and go back to the huddle w/out doing some lame a** WWF 'finishing' move etc. Or see a WR catch a 11 pass and not get up and do a ghey zoro-esque first down motion etc.

DaFace
11-13-2009, 09:41 AM
Lame. It was funny.

BWillie
11-13-2009, 09:41 AM
I don't know why the NFL gives a shit what endzone dance anybody does or just little fun stuff like this - in fact - if I were them - I would embrace it and market that sh*t.

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 09:42 AM
Ocho's antics are not a problem. He doesn't rub anything in anyones face and he isn't causing huge problems unlike TO did. Football is all about entertainment so I have no problem with this. I think the only distractions are the ones that the NFL is creating by fining him.

I am more with this........he doesn't personally attack anybody. His "antics" are always in good fun. The league needs to lighten up. Football is, afterall a game.

Chiefnj2
The NFL hates those antics so much, they allow the nfl network to continuously show highlights of the incident and now talk about the fine. Hypocrites.

Mile High Mania

I do think he is a good entertainer, but his focus should be on winning... he's a freaking Bengal, they don't need the sideshow drama.

I have no problems with this one - just nip it in the bud and move on. I think the NFL should be more relaxed in what they allow with celebrations, but something like the bribing stunt - yeah, fine him - it's stupid.

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 09:43 AM
yeah, the NFL hates that behvior so much. So much that the networks immediately zoom in on any player that made any play whatsoever. Networks love it; NFL loves it.

i watched an ESPN classic game the other day from the late 80's; it was refreshing to see a guy make a tackle, and get up and go back to the huddle w/out doing some lame a** WWF 'finishing' move etc. Or see a WR catch a 11 pass and not get up and do a ghey zoro-esque first down motion etc.

I do agree that some players go overboard.

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 09:43 AM

the late 80's early 90's were the worst. ever watch Flordia State or Alabama back then. They would take helmets off do full team dances. Gold chains outside the uni

jidar
11-13-2009, 09:45 AM
For the most part I agree that the NFL should just let guys perform, but I understand where they are coming from on the bribe bit. Just bribery by itself would be a touchy subject that they don't want brought up, but they also can't have players clowning the refs no matter how jokingly.

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 09:49 AM
For the most part I agree that the NFL should just let guys perform, but I understand where they are coming from on the bribe bit. Just bribery by itself would be a touchy subject that they don't want brought up, but they also can't have players clowning the refs no matter how jokingly.

don't you think 20K is a little steep?

Bwana
11-13-2009, 09:50 AM
The NFL Nazi's strike again, fucken limp dicks.

stevieray
11-13-2009, 09:52 AM
don't you think 20K is a little steep?

for you? sure.

for him?...pffft.

respect the game. it's not there because of him. he's there because of it.

kstater
11-13-2009, 09:53 AM
This is one that was probably warranted. You can't even have a hint of a possibility of bribery regardless of it was a clear joke or not.

stevieray
11-13-2009, 09:55 AM
This is one that was probably warranted. You can't even have a hint of a possibility of bribery regardless of it was a clear joke or not.

FIRE!

...just kidding.

Chief Henry
11-13-2009, 09:57 AM
The NFL can't take f'n joke.

The Franchise
11-13-2009, 09:59 AM
The NFL is in a win/win situation.

They know damn well that the players are going to keep doing these elaborate celebrations....and they get to fine the player and make money off of it. It gets money and it gets fans.

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 09:59 AM
he even borrowed the dollar from a coach.......that is the worst interest rate on a loan EVAH

kstater
11-13-2009, 10:01 AM
The NFL is in a win/win situation.

They know damn well that the players are going to keep doing these elaborate celebrations....and they get to fine the player and make money off of it. It gets money and it gets fans.

:spock:

The Franchise
11-13-2009, 10:03 AM
:spock:

What don't you understand?

I'm not saying that I agree with them handing out fines for this shit.....but it's not going to hurt them when this happens. Like fans are going to stop watching the NFL because they're handing out fines to players for excessive celebrations.

Ocho Cinco gets to do his celebrations.....and get fined for it. Fans will watch the game waiting for the next celebration and the NFL will get money off of the player.

KChiefsQT
11-13-2009, 10:05 AM
20K is nothing to him and it's not a fucking comedy show, it's a game. He's annoying, like his name. Go to a circus if you want to act a fool, otherwise suit up and play ball.

kstater
11-13-2009, 10:05 AM
What don't you understand?

I'm not saying that I agree with them handing out fines for this shit.....but it's not going to hurt them when this happens. Like fans are going to stop watching the NFL because they're handing out fines to players for excessive celebrations.

Ocho Cinco gets to do his celebrations.....and get fined for it. Fans will watch the game waiting for the next celebration and the NFL will get money off of the player.

A. The fines go to charity.
B. The multi-billion dollar entity known as the NFL wouldn't care about a measly 20k.

The Franchise
11-13-2009, 10:06 AM
A. The fines go to charity.
B. The multi-billion dollar entity known as the NFL wouldn't care about a measly 20k.

Then it's even better for them because they're donating money to charity.

Pioli Zombie
11-13-2009, 10:09 AM
I believe the word in this case is "fined", not "find" you big dummy.
Posted via Mobile Device

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 10:12 AM
I believe the word in this case is "fined", not "find" you big dummy.
Posted via Mobile Device

uhhh.....I am still drunk......err......too much pain meds........I mean......your the one with the thick candy shell......

and it only took 3 pages for someone to point that out

-King-
11-13-2009, 10:22 AM
20K is nothing to him and it's not a fucking comedy show,@ it's a game. He's annoying, like his name. Go to a circus if you want to act a fool, otherwise suit up and play ball.

Tell us how you really feel.

But the bolded part makes no sense really. Are you not supposed to have fun and entertain in a game? Like it or not, he's one of the best wrs in the league and he wants to have fun. What's wrong with that? Millions of people love what he does and he's not being disrespectful when he does it. I see nothing wrong with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

KChiefsQT
11-13-2009, 10:40 AM

But the bolded part makes no sense really. Are you not supposed to have fun and entertain in a game? Like it or not, he's one of the best wrs in the league and he wants to have fun. What's wrong with that? Millions of people love what he does and he's not being disrespectful when he does it. I see nothing wrong with it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Absolutely, have fun and entertain us by making mind-blowing catches and plays. At this point, I don't find his stupid jokes entertaining in the least bit of ways. No one said he was disrespectful, just giving my opinion... but that 20K could have gone to a charity in need of it... He knew he'd be fined for it, hell I knew the second I saw it. It was DUMB!

Simply Red
11-13-2009, 10:42 AM
lame,

Ocho is awesome.

Dayze
11-13-2009, 10:49 AM
the late 80's early 90's were the worst. ever watch Flordia State or Alabama back then. They would take helmets off do full team dances. Gold chains outside the uni

Overall I think the way the game was shown was different too. It seemed like there was only like 3 cameras; now it seems like there are 20 to capture every possible dance etc.

I hated Florida State for the reason you mention; still do. But I'm still I 'Bama fan. :D

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 11:06 AM

Posted via Mobile Device

THIS

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 11:07 AM
uhhh.....I am still drunk......err......too much pain meds........I mean......your the one with the thick candy shell......

and it only took 3 pages for someone to point that out

and this is how I hit 1,000 posts?? real ground breaking:rolleyes:

Simply Red
11-13-2009, 11:10 AM
some do it (celebrate) to coat their ego.

I truly thing CJ does it to add a lil' comedic-value to the game. Plus he's a producer on the field. I think the guy has a good heart.

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 11:13 AM
some do it (celebrate) to coat their ego.

I truly thing CJ does it to add a lil' comedic-value to the game. Plus he's a producer on the field. I think the guy has a good heart.

I saw a little of the HBO Hard Knocks with the Bangels and he is really a funny guy. I do think he loves the game and works really hard. Not sure I really agree with the name change but I am a fan.

dirk digler
11-13-2009, 11:14 AM
The NFL is fucking stupid. The ref was laughing and knew he was joking and like bribing a person with $1 should be considered serious.

This is total FAIL on the NFL's part. They need to pull the dick out of their ass

BIG_DADDY
11-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Per ESPN this morning.

Seriously? I think this is way too much. The No Fun League really needs to pull their panties out. I realize that the mere mention of "bribe" is probably what set this off but come on......

Chad is not my favorite person but give me a break. I'm sure he would have gladly given 20k for all the media coverage he is going to receive for this.

Sure-Oz
11-13-2009, 11:17 AM
No Fun League indeed

OnTheWarpath15
11-13-2009, 12:41 PM
:rolleyes:

And once again Peter King drops the ball.

He said on SNF last week that he talked to the league and that there would be no action on this.

Micjones
11-13-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't know why the NFL gives a shit what endzone dance anybody does or just little fun stuff like this - in fact - if I were them - I would embrace it and market that sh*t.

HELL YEAH.

Molitoth
11-13-2009, 12:53 PM
I lol'd, I thought it was hilarious. The HOF jacket, not so much.

LaChapelle
11-13-2009, 12:56 PM
He can afford it and some Charity wins.

Tylerthigpen!1!
11-13-2009, 01:23 PM

Dude its football. Not like it is serious. They play a game.

mikey23545
11-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Football is all about entertainment so I have no problem with this.

Well, hell, maybe the players should wear giant shoes and red rubber noses and really get you off.

Chiefnj2
11-13-2009, 02:36 PM
Punch a player in the head while he's in a defenseless position - $7,500
Complain about calls - get new rules instituted in your favor if you are Tom Brady.
Complain about calls - get fined 20k if you are Jay Cutler.
Jokingly try to bribe a ref with $1 dollar - get fined $20k.

Makes lots of sense.

kcfanXIII
11-13-2009, 02:41 PM
i'm torn on the celebrations. i think they are funny but i also get the "just play the game" argument. i don't think its such a big deal in this case cause mr ochocinco knows he's gonna get fined, so he's almost voluntarily giving to charity. i hate the rule players can't celebrate with their team mates, i'd rather see guys working together as a team, even if it is celebrating with some stupid choreographed dance. however, the stupid first down celebrations in the second quarter of meaningless games is getting old(except chiefs players since we get first downs at the rate most teams score td's.) just go back to the huddle, the ref can tell me its a first down.

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 05:55 PM
The most expensive incomplete pass of all time

Pioli Zombie
11-13-2009, 05:57 PM
Eye don't think its fare they find him.
Posted via Mobile Device

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 05:59 PM
Eye don't think its fare they find him.
Posted via Mobile Device

I changed it, damnit