View Full Version : MU Why It's Grrrrrreat to be a Mizzou Tiger

gblowfish
11-13-2009, 09:46 AM
Most epic party school EVAH!

University of Missouri creates experimental winery
ASSOCIATED PRESS
11/13/2009

http://tinyurl.com/yz3thog

COLUMBIA, Mo. -- A University of Missouri research center that studies grape growth is creating an experimental winery.

The school's Institute for Continental Climate Viticulture and Enology provides research support to the state's 92 commercial wineries.

By setting up a winery, the institute can apply those experiments to the entire winemaking process.

The wine will be commercially available with a label that reflects its university affiliation.

Viticulture is the science of growing grapes. Enology is the science and study of wines and winemaking.

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 09:52 AM
I was at the baylor game, it was def whine country

Chief Henry
11-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Iowa State had a basketball coach that loved to party at Mizzou :)

CoMoChief
11-13-2009, 09:58 AM

ROFL

gblowfish
11-13-2009, 09:59 AM
Hey, at least we didn't start an experimental Meth lab....

Hey....
That's a pretty good idea.
Let's write a grant proposal!

gblowfish
11-13-2009, 10:00 AM

Ouch.
I was actually at the Baylor game.
Gloom
Despair
and
Agony on Me.

blaise
11-13-2009, 10:03 AM
The only wine students drank when I was in college came out of a box.

CoMoChief
11-13-2009, 10:03 AM
Anyone had a chance to look at Mu's non conf schedule in bball?

The only team they play that's worthy of beating a D-II school is Oregon, and they even suck. Last season they went like 7-23 <=== OMG!!!!! :eek:

CoMoChief
11-13-2009, 10:05 AM
The only wine students drank when I was in college came out of a box.

Unless you go to the Les Bourgeios (sp?) Winery in Rocheport, I would agree with that statement.

(talk about a great way to get a girl in bed...take her to the winery in Rocheport.)

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 10:07 AM
I am a fan of boxed wine for college students, any glass items with alcohol should be withheld until you are 25

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 10:08 AM
Unless you go to the Les Bourgeios (sp?) Winery in Rocheport, I would agree with that statement.

(talk about a great way to get a girl in bed...take her to the winery in Rocheport.)

I went there one time and they had cats squshing up the grapes with their paws, then the cats would make sure the temp was correct for making the wine. It was the damndest thing cats are awesome

CoMoChief
11-13-2009, 10:36 AM
I went there one time and they had cats squshing up the grapes with their paws, then the cats would make sure the temp was correct for making the wine. It was the damndest thing cats are awesome

ROFL shut up

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 10:43 AM
ROFL shut up

No seriously i have seen cats do crazy shit. I had one that helped me with Calc II in college, It was the damndest thing, the cat probably would have done better but it was cross eyed

teedubya
11-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Why It's Grrrrrreat to be a Mizzou Tiger

(crickets)

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 12:14 PM
well you never have to clean your final four banners

CoMoChief
11-13-2009, 12:18 PM

Ouch...

WAIT!!!!! There are a whole bunch of "NCAA Tournament Appearances" banners!!!!!

kepp
11-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Anyone had a chance to look at Mu's non conf schedule in bball?

The only team they play that's worthy of beating a D-II school is Oregon, and they even suck. Last season they went like 7-23 <=== OMG!!!!! :eek:

And the transformation from MU football fan to kU bball fan is complete.

Chief Henry
11-13-2009, 12:23 PM

Its great to be a mizzou tiger football fan because your football coach can
cancel any and all scheduled home and away fb game with opponents that he wants...cough cough IOWA

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 12:25 PM
Its great to be a mizzou tiger football fan because your football coach can
cancel any and all scheduled home and away fb game with opponents that he wants...cough cough IOWA

if the big ten really cared about football, they would cancel the season. It would be better for the sport

Stewie
11-13-2009, 12:26 PM
I've had a couple of those Missouri wines and they're pretty good. There's also a good wine made in Basehor, Kansas that's good. It's called Holy Field Vineyards. My one fault with local wines is they are slightly sweet compared to similar wines. Some people like that, but I'm not a sweet tooth.

Mojo Jojo
11-13-2009, 12:29 PM
Most epic party school EVAH!

University of Missouri creates experimental winery
ASSOCIATED PRESS
11/13/2009

http://tinyurl.com/yz3thog

COLUMBIA, Mo. -- A University of Missouri research center that studies grape growth is creating an experimental winery.

The school's Institute for Continental Climate Viticulture and Enology provides research support to the state's 92 commercial wineries.

By setting up a winery, the institute can apply those experiments to the entire winemaking process.

The wine will be commercially available with a label that reflects its university affiliation.

Viticulture is the science of growing grapes. Enology is the science and study of wines and winemaking.

In a related story KU is setting up a Whinery on campus. The first variety will be a Todd Reesling.

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 12:29 PM
I've had a couple of those Missouri wines and they're pretty good. There's also a good wine made in Basehor, Kansas that's good. It's called Holy Field Vineyards. My one fault with local wines is they are slightly sweet compared to similar wines. Some people like that, but I'm not a sweet tooth.

There is a good one up in Weston, too.......it gets the wifey tipsy....

kepp
11-13-2009, 12:30 PM
In a related story KU is setting up a Whinery on campus. The first variety will be a Todd Reesling.

Only available in boxes.

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 12:31 PM

it only cums in little boys

Titty Meat
11-13-2009, 02:07 PM
Mizzou built a whinery to attract Dick Vermiel as the next Mizzou headcoach.

Titty Meat
11-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Ouch...

WAIT!!!!! There are a whole bunch of "NCAA Tournament Appearances" banners!!!!!

Weren't you one of the Mizzou "fans" talking shit on Nebraska football? STFU