PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Perhaps it is time for Len Dawson to retire.

chris
11-13-2009, 11:41 AM
I was listening to the Bears radio coverage of last night's game and was blown away at the detailed and entertaining analysis performed by Color commentator.....Tom 'Somebody",

Really added depth by explaining the mechanics of the game while at the same time complimenting and conversely ripping players on both sides.

Or if you listen to Boomer doing the Sunday night games; he is excellent.

I've noticed this year Dawson is rambling more and more; and really doesn't add depth to the play by play. And always negative without explaining why.

He needs to be replaced. (Won't help the terrible product currently on the field; but at least we would be better entertained)

What say yea? Agree or not that we need a new color person?

BigRedChief
11-13-2009, 11:43 AM
I was listening to the Bears radio coverage of last night's game and was blown away at the detailed and entertaining analysis performed by Color commentator.....Tom 'Somebody",

Really added depth by explaining the mechanics of the game while at the same time complimenting and conversely ripping players on both sides.

Or if you listen to Bloomer doing the Sunday night games; he is excellent.

I've noticed this year Dawson is rambling more and more; and really doesn't add depth to the play by play. And always negative without explaining why.

He needs to be replaced. (Won't help the terrible product currently on the field; but at least we would better entertained)

Don't be pushing Lenny "The Cool" off into the sunset. So what if he's not a great color commentator? You don't throw out a Chiefs legend. We don't have enough of them.

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 11:47 AM
he repeats PROTECT THE QB 100x times a game. No shit Lenny, that said, let the dude have a job until HE wants to quit. He earned that much.

journeyscarab
11-13-2009, 11:49 AM
We can 'ill-afford' to let Lenny go! I love it when he says 'ill-afford'.

Spicy McHaggis
11-13-2009, 11:51 AM
he repeats PROTECT THE QB 100x times a game. No shit Lenny, that said, let the dude have a job until HE wants to quit. He earned that much.

He is a bit cantankerous at times of late but given the team that's trotted out for the last few years I would be too.

Garcia Bronco
11-13-2009, 11:53 AM
I really miss the days of Inside the NFL with Dawson.

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 11:54 AM
He's fine. People are way too hard on play by play people. It's not an easy job. I can't talk more than 10 minutes without mis speaking about something

mikey23545
11-13-2009, 12:06 PM
I really miss the days of Inside the NFL with Dawson.

This X 1000

CaliforniaChief
11-13-2009, 12:07 PM
I think he's still pretty good, and he's Len FREAKING Dawson.

Frazod
11-13-2009, 12:08 PM
BTW, the color guy he's talking about is Tom Thayer, a member of the '85 Bears Super Bowl team.

Gonzo
11-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Lenny's been in Chriostasis, (sp?) for ten years now. You are hearing taped responses.

Once scientists are able to reverse the aging process, he'll be back on the field.

They're close, I'd expect him to be the starting QB within the next decade.

wild1
11-13-2009, 12:14 PM
Berman good and Dawson not? You're nuts.

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Mizzou play by play guy is good, the color guy sounds drunk

thawk
11-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Have heard rumbling of Trent Green taking the job when Lenny is done ????

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Have heard rumbling of Trent Green taking the job when Lenny is done ????

Trent is doing nothing but TV.

CoMoChief
11-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Mizzou play by play guy is good, the color guy sounds drunk

Dave Armstrong???? That guy is a loser.

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 12:23 PM
Dave Armstrong???? That guy is a loser.

yes, you are in charge of who wins and loses in life.

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 12:28 PM
I really can't stand listening to Len Dawson. No disrespect, but he is waaay to negative about everything. It seems like he has a hard time keeping up with the action.

Frankie
11-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Perhaps it is time for Len Dawson to retire.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!

http://www.patrickjames.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/jackson-frankenstein-mob.jpg

GET'IM!!!!

Frazod
11-13-2009, 12:34 PM
I really can't stand listening to Len Dawson. No disrespect, but he is waaay to negative about everything. It seems like he has a hard time keeping up with the action.

What the fuck is there to be positive about right now?

Personally I wonder what keeps him from retiring.

talastan
11-13-2009, 12:35 PM
Would you do any better calling play by play for this team?

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 12:37 PM
What the **** is there to be positive about right now?

Personally I wonder what keeps him from retiring.

Oh I know there isn't a damn thing positive going on out there but he just sounds like a grumpy old man about everything.

bowener
11-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Trent is doing nothing but TV.

He is a pretty pretty man.

CaliforniaChief
11-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Oh I know there isn't a damn thing positive going on out there but he just sounds like a grumpy old man about everything.

I think Mitch is there to bring more of the silver lining stuff. Let Lenny be Lenny.

gblowfish
11-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Don't mess with Lenny or Griggs.
They've pounded more pink, drank more swill, gambled away more green, had more fun than all of you combined!!!!

Frankie
11-13-2009, 12:56 PM
He is a pretty pretty man.

GoChiefs, what have you done with bowener?

blaise
11-13-2009, 12:56 PM
I think Lenny does a good job. I've heard quite a few different NFL teams local broadcasters, and I think Lenny's above average. Most of them are terrified to say anything at all negative because they're afraid of losing their jobs. You could hear a game with a 2-7 team, losing 31-3 and you'd think there was nothing wrong with the franchise. At least Lenny doesn't act like everything's super-dandy because he's afraid to get fired. He might not break things down as well as some guys but at least you can tell he's as disgusted as the fans are.

MOhillbilly
11-13-2009, 01:04 PM

Have you read this BB?

Slainte
11-13-2009, 01:11 PM
And always negative without explaining why.

Right. Motherfuck Dawson and his insane, mysterious negativity...

You are one dumb cunt, chris...

chris
11-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Right. Mother**** Dawson and his insane, mysterious negativity...

You are one dumb ****, chris...

Whatever, considering you are a worthless collection of electrons on the other side of the internet who types whatever he feels without understanding the true nature of the thread.

(ROFL. Just giving you a hard time.)

seaofred
11-13-2009, 01:32 PM
I've said it before, but I don't listen to the Chiefs radio BECAUSE of Lenny.

Mr. Arrowhead
11-13-2009, 01:40 PM
I've said it before, but I don't listen to the Chiefs radio BECAUSE of Lenny.

weird, i listen to Chiefs radio because of him

blaise
11-13-2009, 01:42 PM
Soon you'll listen to it because the TV broadcasts are blacked out.

Crush
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Get rid of Len? You shut your whore mouth.
Posted via Mobile Device

alpha_omega
11-13-2009, 01:44 PM
Well, i can't really comment...I am one of the ones who prefers the national broadcast.

I will say that i love Len, but if his Chiefs broadcasts are as bad as his sportscasts were there at the end...it is probably time for him to go.

I may have additional comments later when the blackout comes.

mlyonsd
11-13-2009, 02:14 PM
If you want to LYAO and be thankful Lenny is still somewhat coherent listen to the raider radio network play by play.

I'm pretty sure one of those guys is drunk every week.

http://www.ksfo.com/

joemama
11-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Berman good and Dawson not? You're nuts.

I believe he was talking about Esiason.

googlegoogle
11-13-2009, 03:54 PM
You don't need to retire him and no one will accept it because he's too much a figurehead.

Just add another guy for color or whatever.

I also am not getting detailed analysis.

Anyone else have to turn to post game on another radio channel ,METRO SPORTS or Chiefsplanet to talk details or learn details?

Add another guy on the broadcast team 101fm!

Brock
11-13-2009, 03:56 PM
He doesn't really do a great job, but he's Len Dawson, so STFU.

Marcellus
11-13-2009, 04:00 PM
weird, i listen to Chiefs radio because of him

This. I watch on TV and listen to the online feed from 101 through my stereo system. Pause the DVR long enough to sink up the audio and it is is perfect.
I cant stand the TV announcers.

The mere thought of the subject of this thread is dangerously close to warranting a neg rep beat down.

DumbHillbillies
11-13-2009, 04:26 PM
If len is gone who are the chiefs going to dust off and prop up to remind the fans that we once won a superbowl. He is a prop to demonstrate that we weren't always a joke of a franchise.

stevieray
11-13-2009, 04:27 PM
...get rid of Lenny?

you talk to your mom with that mouth?

MOhillbilly
11-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Maybe its time we took Chris out behind the barn. Toss a treat oneway and hit him with a hammer the other.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2009, 04:46 PM
LEAVE LENNY ALONE!
http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/images/gallery/chris-crocker-cries.jpg

Simply Red
11-13-2009, 04:51 PM
...get rid of Lenny?

you talk to your mom with that mouth?

th^t

Boon
11-13-2009, 04:56 PM
LENNY!

Enough said.
Leave him alone.

GoHuge
11-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Love it when somebody is so awesome and they where so stimulating they're Tom "Somebody"

chris
11-13-2009, 05:44 PM
Love it when somebody is so awesome and the where so stimulating they're Tom "Somebody"

OK; I'll confess.

I wanted to; but I didn't stop the car; fire up the notebook via Verizon wireless card, go to the bear website, and look up the announcers.

ROFL

wildcat09
11-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Have you read this BB?

good point......

|Zach|
11-13-2009, 05:46 PM
I wish Len wasn't such a prick literally everytime I have ever seen him in public. Aside from that, he does a decent job on Chiefs radio. Key to winning the game almost every week is protecting the QB. lol

I think the Chiefs broadcast is really strong overall.

GoHuge
11-13-2009, 05:58 PM
OK; I'll confess.

I wanted to; but I didn't stop the car; fire up the notebook via Verizon wireless card, go to the bear website, and look up the announcers.

ROFLWell since your calling for the removal of our Hall of Fame QB color anlayst and thought this was thread worthy I figured at some point you would have paid enough attention to hear these amazing announcers say "welcome back this is Jack Mehoff along with color analyst Tom the brilliant "somebody."

No need for the stupidness and lame attempt at humor. Why not throw in "firing up the satellite dish on top of my car" or something else just as ignorant so you get to use the R O F L emoticon.

:lame:

Try harder.

T-post Tom
11-13-2009, 06:32 PM

Or if you listen to Boomer doing the Sunday night games; he is excellent.

He needs to be replaced. (Won't help the terrible product currently on the field; but at least we would be better entertained)

DEATH TO THE HERETIC! DEATH BY NUTHOOKS!

T-post Tom
11-13-2009, 06:36 PM
I wish Len wasn't such a prick literally everytime I have ever seen him in public. Aside from that, he does a decent job on Chiefs radio. Key to winning the game almost every week is protecting the QB. lol

I think the Chiefs broadcast is really strong overall.

Met Len 4 times over the years. Perfect gentleman everytime. Even signed a couple of autographs for rude fans that asked while he was eating dinner. Maybe you two just don't have chemistry.
:D

RealSNR
11-13-2009, 07:05 PM

I think the Chiefs broadcast is really strong overall.I'm with T-Post. I met the guy when I was 7 years old. He signed all kinds of stuff for me, and he even let me try on his Super Bowl championship and MVP rings.

It's stuff like that why regrettably I can't ever turn my back on the Chiefs. That day was one of the happiest moments of my life.

|Zach|
11-13-2009, 07:06 PM
I'm with T-Post. I met the guy when I was 7 years old. He signed all kinds of stuff for me, and he even let me try on his Super Bowl championship and MVP rings.

It's stuff like that why regrettably I can't ever turn my back on the Chiefs. That day was one of the happiest moments of my life.

Thats cool, and I understand people are just people I don't hate the guy or anything I have just had bad experiences personally.

Demonpenz
11-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Old people and teenagers are the rudest. I am sure lenny is in some pain phyiscally for what he did for the chiefs.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-13-2009, 07:29 PM
Well since your calling for the removal of our Hall of Fame QB color anlayst and thought this was thread worthy I figured at some point you would have paid enough attention to hear these amazing announcers say "welcome back this is Jack Mehoff along with color analyst Tom the brilliant "somebody."

LMAO