Hammock Parties
11-15-2009, 06:33 PM
I knew he would.

chiefs1111
11-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Yay we won....

Mama Hip Rockets
11-15-2009, 06:34 PM
they won in spite of him, not because of him.

-King-
11-15-2009, 06:37 PM
We had 11 players off the street going into the game, we came out with the other 11.

bishop_74

Dude knows how to run out a clock.

Otter
That was like watching two walruses screw.

Yeah we won, I guess.

Bunit
11-15-2009, 06:38 PM
with 22 guys off the street too :clap:

Silock
That was like watching two walruses screw.

Yeah we won, I guess.

AROOOOOOOOOOOOOAROROROROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

pr_capone
Turning the ball over on 4th down in FG range nearly came back to bite the team on the ass.

KCUnited
11-15-2009, 06:39 PM
We won, but did you see him yelling at the players again?

Bunit
11-15-2009, 06:39 PM
Feels good, ohhhhhhhhhhh yeahhhhhh

the Talking Can
11-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Haley was right.

Bunit
11-15-2009, 06:40 PM

saw him yelling at matt cassel midway through 4th on raiders goaline

kregger
11-15-2009, 06:41 PM
Couldn't erase that miscarriage of a game fast enough from my DVR.

Stinger
22 guys off the street .............

It's twue, It's twue

http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsK/9042-1934.gif

Otter

Are you waiting for this to change? I'm just curious as to why you might as well be pointing out that the sun rose today.

In other news Dane Cook made a joke, Terry Bradshaw was a funny knucklehead and Shannon Sharpe was annoying and has a lisp.

bigbucks24
11-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Is this really something to celebrate? 2 wins?

Pioli Zombie
He was dropping F bombs on Maurice Carthon. F bombs on Bowe. F bombs on Cassel. He should drop a few on himself for sucking so bad.
Posted via Mobile Device

WilliamTheIrish
Maybe he meant "I could win two 2 games with 22 guys who will soon be on the street", looking for jobs.

Mecca
11-15-2009, 06:44 PM
And he's still making some of the worst coaching decisions in the league.

Bunit
11-15-2009, 06:50 PM
Is this really something to celebrate? 2 wins?

Probably not, but I will anyways. Fuck it, wins don't come round here much.

Mojo Jojo
11-15-2009, 06:52 PM
We have reached the status of 22 guys off the street!!!!!

Red Dawg
11-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Water should buy the first round of drinks.

FringeNC
11-15-2009, 07:09 PM

Absurd. You can bitch about his offensive schemes and lack of offensive production, but to bitch about tactical decisions is a joke. Not sure what you are referring to, but you lose all credibility with me (if you care) if you contend that going for it on 4th and 1 inside the 20 was a mistake.

Easy 6
11-15-2009, 07:11 PM
Chiefs win.

Donko's lose.

Yea, its been a pretty good day.

Mecca
11-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Absurd. You can bitch about his offensive schemes and lack of offensive production, but to bitch about tactical decisions is a joke. Not sure what you are referring to, but you lose all credibility with me (if you care) if you contend that going for it on 4th and 1 inside the 20 was a mistake.

Against a team that can't score it's a dumbass decision.

Param
11-15-2009, 07:15 PM
Chiefs win.

Donko's lose.

:clap:

Agree. Chiefs won today!

FringeNC
11-15-2009, 07:15 PM

Funny. I remember you on our side suggesting that Herm sucked the big one because he was the epitome of a play-not-to-lose coach. Now that Walter Football doesn't like Haley, you all of a sudden are advocating Martyball.

WildTurkey
11-15-2009, 07:16 PM

if they make it and go on to score a td then the game is over... it's worth the risk

pr_capone
11-15-2009, 07:16 PM

It was a mistake.

Any team that has as much trouble as we do putting up points needs to take them where we can get them.

Not kicking the FG there could have easily cost us the game.

Mecca
11-15-2009, 07:18 PM
Dude there is a difference in being conservative and being smart.

The Chiefs are an awful team playing another awful team, you take your points. It's one thing if you're losing or the other team has major offensive firepower but that wasn't the case today.

Reaper16
11-15-2009, 07:19 PM
Funny. I remember you on our side suggesting that Herm sucked the big one because he was the epitome of a play-not-to-lose coach. Now that Walter Football doesn't like Haley, you all of a sudden are advocating Martyball.
You're crazy. Since when has Mecca advocated MArtyball. FACT is that Haley has made a lot of rookie mistakes. He hasn't been better than Herm was as far as in-game decision making.

DaWolf
11-15-2009, 07:19 PM
It was a mistake.

Any team that has as much trouble as we do putting up points needs to take them where we can get them.

True, but I would also say you should be able to pick up a yard. Going for it on the 4th an 1 where Charles broke the run essentially was the difference, and Haley probably figures you get a first there and if you punch it in, you got the game. The playcall perhaps should have been something else, but if that works and we go in it is a great call. If it fails, it looks bad. You can argue it either way. Herm definitely would have kicked it so he is quite different than Herm in terms of his aggressiveness...

Mecca
11-15-2009, 07:20 PM
You're crazy. Since when has Mecca advocated MArtyball. FACT is that Haley has made a lot of rookie mistakes. He hasn't been better than Herm was as far as in-game decision making.

There are far to many people around here that don't know the difference in being aggressive and being a retard.

DeezNutz
People were in the game thread saying to go for it on 4th and 1 on our own half of the field in the first fucking quarter.

Folks have lost their minds. No, no, no. That would not be a smart decision.

FringeNC

The Chiefs are an awful team playing another awful team, you take your points. It's one thing if you're losing or the other team has major offensive firepower but that wasn't the case today.

I actually am shocked that you view it as a mistake, and given your overall football philosophy, think that your dislike of Haley has clouded your judgment to make rational evaluations of tactical decisions.

WildTurkey
11-15-2009, 07:21 PM
It was a mistake.

the raiders can't move the ball which is exactly why giving them the ball inside their own 20 isn't that huge of an error... especially in a game where if the chiefs get a td there the game is more or less sealed

Mecca
11-15-2009, 07:21 PM
No I just realize the difference in how you call a game has to do with your opponent and your talent.

Param
11-15-2009, 07:22 PM

You're just a breath of sewer air on a divisional rival game day win, aren't ya?

pr_capone
11-15-2009, 07:26 PM
the raiders can't move the ball which is exactly why giving them the ball inside their own 20 isn't that huge of an error... especially in a game where if the chiefs get a td there the game is more or less sealed

I respectfully disagree.

In a game where their kicker can boot 50+ yard field goals with consistency, they don't need to move the ball all that far to get in FG range. At the time the Chiefs went for it on 4th and 1 we were only up by 3.

Even if the Raiders had somehow managed to score a long TD, which with our inability to stop the run is not out of the question, we would have only been down by 1.

A FG in that situation still nets us the win.

We were VERY fortunate that the Raiders turned the ball over at the end... this could have been a crushing loss.

Mecca
11-15-2009, 07:29 PM
You're just a breath of sewer air on a divisional rival game day win, aren't ya?

I ripped the fuck out of Herm for this same shit, having a bad team is no excuse for stupid decisions.

And I stress this anyone who advocates going for a 4th down in your own end in the 1st quarter is a complete idiot.

pr_capone
11-15-2009, 07:30 PM
I ripped the **** out of Herm for this same shit, having a bad team is no excuse for stupid decisions.

And I stress this anyone who advocates going for a 4th down in your own end in the 1st quarter is a complete idiot.

It was the 3rd.

Mecca
11-15-2009, 07:31 PM
It was the 3rd.

Look at Deez post.

And Haley went for a 4th down in his own end early in the Charger game which was completely stupid.

pr_capone
11-15-2009, 07:33 PM
Look at Deez post.

And Haley went for a 4th down in his own end early in the Charger game which was completely stupid.

Oh, sorry. I was on another 4th and 1.

DaWolf
11-15-2009, 07:34 PM
Well there you go. Haley just admitted that he should have taken the FG but at the time wanted to go up by 2 scores against a good D. He said the call where he went of the long FG was also a mistake, he should have punted for field position instead of giving Oakland a short field.

My guess is that this is a young coach who will learn from this...

DeezNutz
11-15-2009, 07:35 PM
Well there you go. Haley just admitted that he should have taken the FG but at the time wanted to go up by 2 scores against a good D. He said the call where he went of the long FG was also a mistake, he should have punted for field position instead of giving Oakland a short field.

My guess is that this is a young coach who will learn from this...

I like Haley a lot more in pressers than I do on Sundays...

DaWolf
11-15-2009, 07:38 PM
I like Haley a lot more in pressers than I do on Sundays...

The thing I respect is that he admits mistakes. My hope is that he will be able to fairly evaluate himself after this year, and my guess is he will get himself an OC to sit there and be someone who can "hold him in check" as he calls it, in situations like that. Right now as the OC and head coach, I don't think he's taking the view of the game that he would if he were just the HC...

jidar
11-15-2009, 07:40 PM
I thought that was the wrong decision before I knew the outcome, I'm going to stick by that.
That's just based on what I know though, Haley obviously has more information about what's happening on the field than any of us so it's hard to criticize. He might have seen something that made him think they could pull it off.

Tribal Warfare
11-15-2009, 07:44 PM
saw him yelling at matt cassel midway through 4th on raiders goaline

Well that proves noone is untouchable when Haley chewed out Prince Cassel.

The Bad Guy
11-15-2009, 07:53 PM
There are far to many people around here that don't know the difference in being aggressive and being a retard.

I'm sure you can show us the way all knowing one.

DeezNutz
11-15-2009, 07:54 PM
The thing I respect is that he admits mistakes. My hope is that he will be able to fairly evaluate himself after this year, and my guess is he will get himself an OC to sit there and be someone who can "hold him in check" as he calls it, in situations like that. Right now as the OC and head coach, I don't think he's taking the view of the game that he would if he were just the HC...

Agreed. And I'm similarly hopeful.

Seems like a good dude. Sure would be nice to see him succeed.

Reaper16
11-15-2009, 07:56 PM
Agreed. And I'm similarly hopeful.

Seems like a good dude. Sure would be nice to see him succeed.
I like him, too. My great hope is that he will learn from all of his mistakes and that be will be a better coach in the future for us for having made them.

Rausch
11-15-2009, 08:01 PM
I love Haley going for it on 4th but hate a lot of this trickeration bull$3it he pulls.

dirk digler
11-15-2009, 08:02 PM
People were in the game thread saying to go for it on 4th and 1 on our own half of the field in the first fucking quarter.

Folks have lost their minds. No, no, no. That would not be a smart decision.

I admit I did because it wasn't 4th and 1 it was 4th and 1/2 of a millimeter. They could have farted the ball over the first down marker

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-15-2009, 08:02 PM

Yep. And you gotta' get three to avoid "complete ass"-status; four if you want to show your face in public w/0 still looking like a schmuck, yes.

Noss
11-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Chiefs win.

Donko's lose.

Oh yes, this is how I describe a perfect football Sunday! :thumb:

Otter
11-15-2009, 08:15 PM
I ripped the **** out of Herm for this same shit, having a bad team is no excuse for stupid decisions.

God bless you Mecca!

Much like Jesus and King Kong you've died for our sins!

|Zach|
11-15-2009, 08:16 PM
God bless you Mecca!

:D

pr_capone
11-15-2009, 08:18 PM
God bless you Mecca!

LMAO

The Bad Guy
11-15-2009, 08:36 PM
I like him, too. My great hope is that he will learn from all of his mistakes and that be will be a better coach in the future for us for having made them.

Oh no. That's just not possible. He just can not improve. I've already learned on this board that Herman Edwards was a better coach and that it is fair to compare the 2 when Haley has coached 10 games compared to Herm's 5 years.

Todd Haley can never get better.

Micjones
11-15-2009, 08:41 PM
He needs to win 1 more to really make his point.

BossChief
11-15-2009, 08:44 PM
Oh no. That's just not possible. He just can not improve. I've already learned on this board that Herman Edwards was a better coach and that it is fair to compare the 2 when Haley has coached 10 games compared to Herm's 5 years.

the legend of herm grows by the day!

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-15-2009, 08:47 PM

"Magic 8-Ball says: 3rd and Draw"!

Come on man; I believed in Haley big time for a long time, but he needs to relinquish the reigns on Offense if he's going to succeed as a head coach in this league, early in his career.

I hope he can and does, because hiring another new HC at the end of this season would be absolute clown shoes.

Tiger's Fan
11-15-2009, 08:56 PM

He's no Pete Carrol.

ROFL

DeezNutz
11-15-2009, 08:58 PM
There are a lot of similarities between pro and college coaches...

Good grief. Herm Edwards, for example, would likely be a fantastic college coach at a program like UCLA.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-15-2009, 11:21 PM
There are a lot of similarities between pro and college coaches...

Good grief. Herm Edwards, for example, would likely be a fantastic college coach at a program like UCLA.

No one is teh awesome College Coach until they can single-handidly clean out the buffet at teh Lawrence Ks. Sizzler, yes.:)

WebGem
11-16-2009, 12:01 AM
Haley was right.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-16-2009, 12:02 AM
Haley was right.

Sweet potato pies!:D

Mr. Arrowhead
11-16-2009, 12:13 AM
Hes no Bill Belichik, he didnt go for it on his own 30 yard line

Raiderhater
11-16-2009, 12:25 AM

There are far too many people around who are never happy unless they are bitching.

greg63
11-16-2009, 12:29 AM
Guess he doesn't have to eat his words.

Well, can we dump the 22 guys off the street and get a real team now? :D
j/k

Tiger's Fan
11-16-2009, 02:06 AM
Well, can we dump the 22 guys off the street and get a real team now? :D
j/k

Theres more truth to this than you know.

We can play with, and beat teams with similar talent. Those teams, like ours, are very short on talent though. They're just getting started on building this mess from the ground up, and most people don't understand that. Contrary to popular opinion, it won't happen in one, or even two offseasons. We have that much to replace.

Christofire
11-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Are you waiting for this to change? I'm just curious as to why you might as well be pointing out that the sun rose today.

In other news Dane Cook made a joke, Terry Bradshaw was a funny knucklehead and Shannon Sharpe was annoying and has a lisp.

It cracks me up when people complain about Haley's temper. You read how people rant and rave on this board during the game, and we're expected to believe that somehow during a game they would be more calm and composed if they were the one on the sideline who had devoted almost this entire calendar year to fixing this team? Yeah, right.
Posted via Mobile Device

wild1
11-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Did people really think this team would not win 2 games this year?

The Bad Guy
11-16-2009, 07:48 AM
"Magic 8-Ball says: 3rd and Draw"!

Come on man; I believed in Haley big time for a long time, but he needs to relinquish the reigns on Offense if he's going to succeed as a head coach in this league, early in his career.

I hope he can and does, because hiring another new HC at the end of this season would be absolute clown shoes.

I agree about the offense, which is why I think Charlie Weis has a shot ending up here as the OC. It seems from their backgrounds that they have the same philosophies.