PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley has to chill some...

petegz28
11-15-2009, 08:50 PM
Cursing at players for lining up wrong or making bone-headed plays is one thing. Cursing out coaches on the sideline and telling them to fuck off and such is not good for anyone. I like his passion and his intensity but he has to mature some for the good of the team and his own heart.

Mama Hip Rockets
11-15-2009, 08:51 PM
i don't understand why he yells at everybody for sucking when he clearly sucks just as much as anyone else.

LaChapelle
11-15-2009, 08:52 PM
Haley posts here
under several aliases

petegz28
11-15-2009, 08:54 PM
i don't understand why he yells at everybody for sucking when he clearly sucks just as much as anyone else.

I think he is doing ok but today he made some bad decisions. Really the only one that I thought would hurt us was the going for it on 4th and 1 instead of kicking the FG. Other than that, I know people get pissed about his constant draws and they are frustrating but I understand them. Even the announcers said that when we tried to run with Cassel under center we were getting stuffed. Samething as last year.

The Bad Guy
11-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Ha, the biggest spaz on this board telling people to chill out.

I'm fine with Haley ripping anyone he wants when they can't line up in the right spot and it costs this team.

dirk digler
11-15-2009, 08:55 PM
WTF? You cuss at people all the time. :D

petegz28
11-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Ha, the biggest spaz on this board telling people to chill out.

I'm fine with Haley ripping anyone he wants when they can't line up in the right spot and it costs this team.

Apparently you didn't read the OP slow enough? :shrug:

KCrockaholic
His face on that timeout because of Bowe was just EPIC! I was scared sitting on my couch at home. Bowe must have been shitting his pants and wishing he could be traded to Oakland for the rest of the game just so he wouldn't have to deal with Haley. GoChiefs needs to make a Gif of that.

Lemme check, I think the words were

"You F***er!, What in the F*** are you doing?!?, You F***er!

petegz28
WTF? You cuss at people all the time. :D

What the.....**** OFF! **** you!!! **** YOU!!

:D

DeezNutz
Yellers are winners.

Seriously, though, he needs to demonstrate more composure. A leader has to be more collected, but the constant cursing, etc., is going to be something that appeals to a lot of fans, since many of us are doing the same thing at home to our tvs.

chris
11-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Cursing at players for lining up wrong or making bone-headed plays is one thing. Cursing out coaches on the sideline and telling them to **** off and such is not good for anyone. I like his passion and his intensity but he has to mature some for the good of the team and his own heart.

Amazing.

Have you ever played college sports? I did, and my coaches cussed all the time. THey wanted results; unlike HS sports when it more about character building and having fun.

I can only imagine the pressure in the pros to get results.

You need to find something else to fill your time.

petegz28
11-15-2009, 08:59 PM
Yellers are winners.

Seriously, though, he needs to demonstrate more composure. A leader has to be more collected, but the constant cursing, etc., is going to be something that appeals to a lot of fans, since many of us are doing the same thing at home to our tvs.

MArty was the perfect example if you ask me. He would grab a player by the facemask and let them have it but not on every play. And I never say him rip another coach on the sideline.

Mr. Laz
this

It's not like he is doing worth a shit either.

petegz28
Amazing.

Have you ever played college sports? I did, and my coaches cussed all the time. THey wanted results; unlike HS sports when it more about character building and having fun.

Again, someone failed to read the OP. STFU

DeezNutz
11-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Amazing.

I did too, for a guy who likened himself to Bob Knight.

And we killed him behind his back. He was an absolute joke, and the angry routine became old very, very quickly.

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Haley really screwed up when he called that timeout on 4th down. Then he stands there yelling at Maurice Carthon, wtf did Carthon do wrong?

DaWolf
11-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Yellers are winners.

A leader wins. If Haley wins no one cares. Herm was all nice and composed on the sidelines and it got him 6 wins in 2 years...

DeezNutz
MArty was the perfect example if you ask me. He would grab a player by the facemask and let them have it but not on every play. And I never say him rip another coach on the sideline.

This is not a popular sentiment on this board, but, as a "coach," Marty was sensational.

He didn't have what it took to lead an organization to the SB, but as far as preparing a team, he's very high-quality.

chris
Yellers are winners.

You have to be kidding?????

I doubt he cares about you and your TV. I won't if I knew I needed to get results now.

petegz28
11-15-2009, 09:02 PM
Haley really screwed up when he called that timeout on 4th down. Then he stands there yelling at Maurice Carthon, wtf did Carthon do wrong?

Yea, I didn't get that at all. Yelling at Carthon that is. The timeout was ok. We were lined up wrong and clock was running down.

DeezNutz
11-15-2009, 09:02 PM
A leader wins. If Haley wins no one cares. Herm was all nice and composed on the sidelines and it got him 6 wins in 2 years...

Disagree completely.

There have been plenty of broke dicks who have won, for a time. Doesn't make them leaders.

Leaders have staying power. And the wins will come.

chris
11-15-2009, 09:03 PM
this

It's not like he is doing worth a shit either.

Comical. He is making progress.

DeezNutz
11-15-2009, 09:03 PM
You have to be kidding?????

I doubt he cares about you and your TV. I won't if I knew I needed to get results now.

Sorry, this post makes very little sense and misrepresents my previous comment in almost every respect.

petegz28
11-15-2009, 09:04 PM
This is not a popular sentiment on this board, but, as a "coach," Marty was sensational.

He didn't have what it took to lead an organization to the SB, but as far as preparing a team, he's very high-quality.

He just needs to take it down a notch. He let's too much get to him. Yes, I would have ripped Bowe a new one too. You can't line up wrong in that situation. I am talking more about telling other coaches to fuck off on the sideline. When you start ripping other coaches like you do players then bad things are going to come of it.

DaWolf
11-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Disagree completely.

There have been plenty of broke dicks who have won, for a time. Doesn't make them leaders.

True, and by "wins" I was referencing the guys who instill a winning atmosphere and put their guys in a position to win. The Steelers have had a yeller and a calm guy on the sidelines as their last two coaches, but in both cases the guys led their teams by instilling a winning environment...

chris
11-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Disagree completely.

If his senior management ddin't like TH style, they would tell him to tone it down. Since they haven't, I suggest you accept that TH isn't going to change.

Leaders come in all shapes and colors; not just in your preferred model.

DeezNutz
11-15-2009, 09:09 PM
True, and by "wins" I was referencing the guys who instill a winning atmosphere and put their guys in a position to win. The Steelers have had a yeller and a calm guy on the sidelines as their last two coaches, but in both cases the guys led their teams by instilling a winning environment...

I agree with this.

But the Chin was a hell of a lot more controlled, generally speaking, than Haley to this point. Let's hope some of the immaturity wears off and he evolves as a coach. Seems like a smart enough guy when he talks. Now let's see it in practice, not just in theory.

petegz28
11-15-2009, 09:10 PM
I agree with this.

But the Chin was a hell of a lot more controlled, generally speaking, than Haley to this point. Let's hope some of the immaturity wears off and he evolves as a coach. Seems like a smart enough guy when he talks. Now let's see it in practice, not just in theory.

He just lets his emotions get the best of him. He is on the right track, he just needs to learn how to curse as a head coach, if you get my meaning.

chiefzilla1501
11-15-2009, 09:11 PM
He just needs to take it down a notch. He let's too much get to him. Yes, I would have ripped Bowe a new one too. You can't line up wrong in that situation. I am talking more about telling other coaches to **** off on the sideline. When you start ripping other coaches like you do players then bad things are going to come of it.

I agree with this. Coaching has a lot to do with managing your assistants. The best coaches can coach through their assistants.

It's one thing that worries the hell out of me. It wouldn't worry me so much if there wasn't already the issue that he fired several assistants already because he couldn't work with them. Not to mention that we'll hopefully hire more coaches after the season--who would want to work for a coach who has a history of being unable to work with assistants?

DeezNutz
11-15-2009, 09:12 PM
If his senior management ddin't like TH style, they would tell him to tone it down. Since they haven't, I suggest you accept that TH isn't going to change.

Leaders come in all shapes and colors; not just in your preferred model.

Senior management? Pioli, I assume?

The only thing he's proven to this point is that he could wash the Hoodie, so I could give a fuck less what that dipshit thinks. (subject to revision if he ever pulls it out and demonstrates a respectable level of competence)

And I don't give a fuck if he was the Executive of the Century. The Hoodie casts a large and impressive shadow.

The Bad Guy
11-15-2009, 09:13 PM
I did too, for a guy who likened himself to Bob Knight.

And we killed him behind his back. He was an absolute joke, and the angry routine became old very, very quickly.

And I had the exact opposite experience.

Our HC rode our asses like crazy, cussed us out whenever it was warranted, and I killed myself for that coach.

DeezNutz
11-15-2009, 09:13 PM
He just lets his emotions get the best of him. He is on the right track, he just needs to learn how to curse as a head coach, if you get my meaning.

Absolutely.

That's the kind of shit that takes place behind closed doors. Unified front for the players, lest they start to suspect a built in excuse.

Oh, it's the ___ coach's fault. Haley thinks so, too.

DeezNutz
11-15-2009, 09:15 PM

Our HC rode our asses like crazy, cussed us out whenever it was warranted, and I killed myself for that coach.

There had to be something redeeming about him, then, a reason for your dedication.

This dude was just a misguided asshole who didn't know shit, literally.

petegz28
11-15-2009, 09:15 PM

I am not talking about cursing at the players. I am talking about telling other coaches to fuck off on the sidelines in front of the players during a game.

DaWolf
11-15-2009, 09:18 PM
I agree with this.

Well he did talk during the PC that he needs to find some people, be it Mo Carthon or some other coach, who will be comfortable enough to question him and keep him honest when he needs it. He appeared to be upset that he made what he himself called questionable decisions and no one else called him on it. Not sure what the nature of the particular exchange was, but I'm sure it will be part of the evaluation in the offseason.

With Haley openly talking about needing to watch his composure on the sidelines, I think it's safe to say he knows it's an issue and he's probably finding out every week how much of an issue it is and hopefully what he needs to do to address it...

petegz28
There had to be something redeeming about him, then, a reason for your dedication.

This dude was just a misguided asshole who didn't know shit, literally.

I ahve played for all kinds of coaches. The best one was really Marty-esque. Firm, intolerant of mistakes and would rip you a new one when you had it coming. But he didn't blast off everytime something went wrong and I never saw him rip another coach.

CHENZ A!
SHUT UP PETE YOU SUCK BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

petegz28
11-15-2009, 09:20 PM
Actually the one instance Haley handled properly today was when Savage dropped the 4 yard pass and Haley said to him "you don't want to play today, do you?" and benched him. That is more of a Marty approach.

soundmind
11-15-2009, 09:22 PM
A head coach should never be attacking a fellow member of the staff on the sideline, undermining any authority that coach once had with the players. BUSCH LEAGUE Todd, bad pool indeed. Not to mention another week of questionable play-calling - though I did appreciate the playbook being opened up beyond 4 yards occasionally.

If we retain anyone playing Safety for this team next season, I quit being a fan.

Tiger's Fan
11-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Sorry that football doesn't translate to some peoples mundane everyday life in their cubicle. It's a mans game, for men. Pretty self explainitory.

Easy 6
11-15-2009, 09:26 PM
I dont see him making any major personality changes anytime soon.

If he can begin to build some wins & momentum, nobody will give 2 sh*ts about it... kinda like me at this moment.

It never fails to amaze me how big of a deal is made of it.

petegz28
11-15-2009, 09:27 PM
I dont see him making any major personality changes anytime soon.

If he can begin to build some wins & momentum, nobody will give 2 sh*ts about it... kinda like me at this moment.

It never fails to amaze me how big of a deal is made of it.

I am talking about this kind of stuff...assuming he is not talking past the coach to another player, that is

http://i38.tinypic.com/fbibr6.gif

splatbass
11-15-2009, 09:28 PM
I am talking more about telling other coaches to **** off on the sideline. When you start ripping other coaches like you do players then bad things are going to come of it.

The coach he learned from, Parcells, did it. And he was pretty successful. Haley was the recipient of it at least once when he worked for Parcells.

WildTurkey
11-15-2009, 09:32 PM
do your job right on the field and you won't get yelled at.... if you're too much of a pussy to handle some naughty words and a raised voice then what the fuck are you doing in the NFL...

Easy 6
11-15-2009, 09:39 PM
I am talking about this kind of stuff...assuming he is not talking past the coach to another player, that is

http://i38.tinypic.com/fbibr6.gif

ROFL

I'm willing to bet its not nearly as big of a deal to his players & coaches as it is around here. If these men that earn their living in the pressure jam-packed NFL cant take a little verbal heat in the heat of battle, then they arent worth spit anyway IMO.

No, all coaches arent that way and it doesnt = success... but thats just who he is apparently. I like it.

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 09:44 PM
It looks like Todd is yelling behind Carthon (if thats who the coach is) in that gif.

|Zach|
11-15-2009, 09:52 PM
We hired him to run this team and staff as he sees fit..

Let him.

Don't see an issue.

DaneMcCloud
11-15-2009, 09:54 PM
I was scared sitting on my couch at home.

You need to get out more.

JFC.

:shake:

Easy 6
11-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Todd Haley > Les Grossman

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 09:57 PM
You need to get out more.

JFC.

Sounds like you need to get out more if you dont understand sarcasm. Considering, your the only person who felt the need to quote that.

JFC

chief52
11-15-2009, 09:58 PM
We hired him to run this team and staff as he sees fit..

Let him.

Don't see an issue.

Very well said. A coach has to be himself in order to be a winner. Let him do his thing and let the chips fall where they may...

alanm
11-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Yellers are winners.

Seriously, though, he needs to demonstrate more composure. A leader has to be more collected, but the constant cursing, etc., is going to be something that appeals to a lot of fans, since many of us are doing the same thing at home to our tvs.Hell, I was yelling at Haley when he called a time out just before Russell fumbled the snap when they went for it on 4th down. The Chiefs would of had the ball in Oakland territory. I was calling him all kinds of names and then they showed Haley saying "My fault". At least he owned up to his mistakes.

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 10:00 PM
Very well said. A coach has to be himself in order to be a winner. Let him do his thing and let the chips fall where they may...

Might as well, we have nothing else to lose. We can't really go any further south.

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Hell, I was yelling at Haley when he called a time out just before Russell fumbled the snap when they went for it on 4th down. The Chiefs would of had the ball in Oakland territory. I was calling him all kinds of names and then they showed Haley saying "My fault". At least he owned up to his mistakes.

This is why I love Haley compared to Herm. He tells you if you F***ed up (like with Cassel an Bowe today), and he isn't afraid to take responsibility on his own mistakes.

DaneMcCloud
11-15-2009, 10:02 PM
Sounds like you need to get out more if you dont understand sarcasm. Considering, your the only person who felt the need to quote that.

JFC

Go fuck your face, idiot

keg in kc
11-15-2009, 10:05 PM
It's not a Sunday until somebody bitches about the coaching.

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 10:05 PM
Go **** your face, idiot

Your like the Aids from Pamela Anderson's vagina. You wont get the f*** off me!

DaneMcCloud
11-15-2009, 10:07 PM

Weak sauce.

WEAK sauce.

Rausch
11-15-2009, 10:08 PM

You got the aids from Pam Anderson?...:spock:

alanm
11-15-2009, 10:08 PM
He just needs to take it down a notch. He let's too much get to him. Yes, I would have ripped Bowe a new one too. You can't line up wrong in that situation. I am talking more about telling other coaches to **** off on the sideline. When you start ripping other coaches like you do players then bad things are going to come of it.Really?? You should of seen Bo and Carl go at it on the Husker sidelines yesterday. ROFL
Course they are brothers. :D

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 10:10 PM
You got the aids from Pam Anderson?...:spock:

Ok, wrong choice of words. But seriously. Im not gay, so I'm not sure what Dane wants with me.

DaneMcCloud
Ok, wrong choice of words. But seriously. Im not gay, so I'm not sure what Dane wants with me.

You're a strange dude.

IF you are a dude.

KC Jones
Again, someone failed to read the OP. STFU

No, we all read it and it's clear:

your and idiot.

jidar
11-15-2009, 10:22 PM
Hell, I was yelling at Haley when he called a time out just before Russell fumbled the snap when they went for it on 4th down. The Chiefs would of had the ball in Oakland territory. I was calling him all kinds of names and then they showed Haley saying "My fault". At least he owned up to his mistakes.

??? wtf?

You're mad he called a time out before Russell fumbled the ball? Are you retarded? If he had a reason to call the timeout, then he had a reason. It's not like he can see the god damned future and know that JR was about to fumble. That's just bad luck.

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 10:24 PM
You're a strange dude.

IF you are a dude.

I almost gave you positive rep for not *** *** at me.

GoHuge
11-15-2009, 10:28 PM
I agree with alot of what has been said and I've listened to Todd's post-game presser while reading this thread and he said he screwed up several times. I respect that. He's actually poking quite a bit of fun at himself saying some decision where just pretty stupid and it was a poorly coached game. He calls himself out too........

KCrockaholic
11-15-2009, 10:31 PM
I agree with alot of what has been said and I've listened to Todd's post-game presser while reading this thread and he said he screwed up several times. I respect that. He's actually poking quite a bit of fun at himself saying some decision where just pretty stupid and it was a poorly coached game. He calls himself out too........

This is why I like him as our coach. I hate the coaches like Herm.

alanm
11-15-2009, 10:33 PM
??? wtf?

You're mad he called a time out before Russell fumbled the ball? Are you retarded? If he had a reason to call the timeout, then he had a reason. It's not like he can see the god damned future and know that JR was about to fumble. That's just bad luck.He called the TO almost simultaneously with the ball being snapped. I was mad that Russell fumbled and then got the play over with the TO. I wasn't mad at Haley.
Well I did call him all sorts of names though.

FloridaMan88
11-15-2009, 11:04 PM
He doesn't have to chill at all... in fact if I were him I would have forced Savage to leave the sideline and removed Jackson from the game after his pathetic attempt at a tackle that gave up the Raiders big run play to open the game.