PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley vs Steelers

philfree
11-16-2009, 08:36 AM
How big of win for Haley would it be if the Chiefs could beat the Steelers? The team that Haley basically grew up a part of. What's the spread? I think it will be interesting to see how Haley coaches this week.

PhilFree:arrow:

jidar
11-16-2009, 08:37 AM
Obviously it would be the upset of the week. Don't hold your breath.

WhitiE
11-16-2009, 08:42 AM
if that happened i think even whitlock would have to give him some rep.... it would probably be bad rep but at least he would be giving some out....

Dayze
11-16-2009, 08:42 AM
It would be great if this Team/Coaching staff can take the positives from the Raider game and translate them to a solid effort game against the Steelers.

But, I’m not sure that’s going to happen. Who knows though.

Jack
11-16-2009, 08:43 AM
Obviously it would be the upset of the week. Don't hold your breath.

You mean the upset of NFL history, don't you?

Deberg_1990
11-16-2009, 08:50 AM
He will coach the same way he always does

Chiefs 10

Steelers 30

Brock
11-16-2009, 08:53 AM
It's going to be bad. Very, very bad.

Redrum_69
11-16-2009, 08:58 AM
This would be a great time to use a 25 character tag on this thread...

but it appears they are all removed.

philfree
11-16-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm not saying the Chiefs have much of a chance but it has to be an emotional week for Haley returning to his roots to go against the team he grew up with. Watching tape with his dad. And wasn't he the ball boy? This should be huge for him.

milkman
11-16-2009, 09:01 AM

Chiefs 10

Steelers 30

Chiefs won't score 10.

Pants
11-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Haley doesn't play, there's only so much he can do...

Agent V
11-16-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm going to the game. Not sure why. It's gonna be a fucking Steelers bandwagon fan invasion.

Cosmos
11-16-2009, 09:13 AM
It's going to be bad. Very, very bad.

Will Cassel make it out on two feet?

May be what what will fianlly push Cassel firmly into the "Huard falling down at shadows mode".

-King-
11-16-2009, 09:17 AM
Chiefs won't score 10.

We are the best garbage time team
Posted via Mobile Device

rambleonthruthefog
11-16-2009, 09:53 AM
while we may score more than 10, it will take everybit of the 4th quarter to do so. that being said, we have no chance of beating the steelers. if i'm vegas, noone is allowed to bet on the steelers to win straight up.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2009, 10:09 AM
Chiefs could win....

...if the Steelers have like 5-6 turnovers. Even then it would be close...

The Franchise
11-16-2009, 10:10 AM
The Chiefs will be lucky to score a FG.

Bwana
11-16-2009, 10:14 AM
If that happens, run out and buy a Powerball ticket........FAST!

Frazod
11-16-2009, 10:14 AM
It certainly won't help that they just got punked at home by the Bungles. The $tealer$ are going to be on a mission.

Yeah, this is going to be extra ugly. %(/

FloridaMan88
11-16-2009, 10:18 AM
Steelers fans are going to dominate the crowd at Arrowhead on Sunday. I think it will be at least 40% Steelers fans.

HC_Chief
11-16-2009, 10:19 AM
It certainly won't help that they just got punked at home by the Bungles. The $tealer$ are going to be on a mission.

Yeah, this is going to be extra ugly. %(/

Maybe even worse than the Philly drubbing.

Galileo Humpkins
11-16-2009, 10:23 AM
Preview of the game:

http://thegarv.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/arkhamasylum_fedor.gif

Frazod
11-16-2009, 10:35 AM
Preview of the game:

That had to hurt. :D

Goldmember
11-16-2009, 10:42 AM
Haven't you heard? The Chiefs don't win at Arrowhead anymore.

Goldmember
11-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Preview of the game:

LMAO

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-16-2009, 10:48 AM
It would be great if this Team/Coaching staff can take the positives from the Raider game and translate them to a solid effort game against the Steelers.

But, I’m not sure that’s going to happen. Who knows though.

"NOW LET'S BUILD ON THIS"!

Heh.

LaChapelle
11-16-2009, 11:43 AM
If Pedergast dresses in drag and become the hostess at the hotel...

Easy 6
11-16-2009, 11:49 AM
Per Mort: The Steelers will be sending a lifesize holographic image of themselves to play the KC Chiefs.

Result = 37 - 16 Pitt.

Warrior5
11-16-2009, 12:00 PM
Per Mort: The Steelers will be sending a lifesize holographic image of themselves to play the KC Chiefs.

Result = 37 - 16 Pitt.

He's being kind giving KC 16 points. Chief fans will be virtually non-existent by 4th quarter.

I just hope Cassel survives...

Mr. Laz
11-16-2009, 12:12 PM
The Steelers are just too physical for the Chiefs.

we are so fuggin soft it's sad ... nobody is mean and they rarely go at it with reckless abandon.

teedubya
11-16-2009, 12:14 PM
6 - 37. Steelers roll.

Mr. Laz
11-16-2009, 12:15 PM

Result = 37 - 16 Pitt.
you actually think we will score 16 points against the steelers?

i don't think we make a touchdown at all.

KCChiefsMan
11-16-2009, 12:16 PM
lets not get carried away here

talastan
11-16-2009, 12:17 PM
I think Bowe, Chambers and Long are gonna have a big day.

I wonder who will make the first "can we beat Pittsburg?" thread after we lay the smackdown to Oakland?

Im gonna laugh!

Good call Boss Chief!

kaplin42
11-16-2009, 01:42 PM

Chiefs 10

Steelers 30

You are being very generous. The Steelers aren't going to let Matt Cassel stand for longer than 1.5 seconds at a time. I wouldn't be surprised if Cassel goes down in the second quarter do to being gang raped for the 8th time.

On D, they will run and pass all over us. Big Ben is going to have a career day, and Reshard Mendenhall will have his break out rookie game.

I believe that a steady diet of bloodymarys and possibly some xanax for breakfast will be the only way to tolerate this game.

wild1
11-16-2009, 01:44 PM
It will be 30 or 40 to nothing. I don't see how this team could get in the end zone against them.

boogblaster
11-16-2009, 01:56 PM
Chiefs knock-out Big Ben roll over the Steelers 17 -7 ..... haha hopefully .......

RedThat
11-16-2009, 02:01 PM
I see a huge mismatch between the Chiefs offensive line and the Steelers passrush.

I think it's no contest. Chiefs blocking against the Steelers passrush? lol..Im expecting them to physically molest us. I wouldn't be surprised if Cassel gets sacked 8 times.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2009, 02:09 PM
I would love to see us score 10 points.

That's my only goal this week.

10 points.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-16-2009, 03:37 PM
Apply liberally:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_VA6LePZ6KNY/SLclaXQmfyI/AAAAAAAAAwc/ZGMFDa3BAu8/s320/KY.jpg

Spott
11-16-2009, 04:10 PM
We're gonna get killed and there's gonna be more Steeler fans at the game than there were Cowboy fans a few weeks ago. The Chiefs are going to have to deal with crowd noise at home next week.

Psyko Tek
11-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Chiefs won't score 10.

we will score 9 or 12
go soucop

Micjones
11-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Yeah cause the Chiefs have NEVER beat a team they weren't supposed to.
Boy I tell ya...

The Steelers weren't supposed to lose to Cincinnati either.
And before you go "full retard"... I'm not at all suggesting the Chiefs are comparable to Cincinnati.
I'm merely pointing out the fact that teams can and do lose to other teams they should NOT lose to.

milkman
11-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Boy I tell ya...

And before you go "full retard"... I'm not at all suggesting the Chiefs are comparable to Cincinnati.
I'm merely pointing out the fact that teams can and do lose to other teams they should NOT lose to.

The Bengals are a hell of a lot better than the Chiefs, and better than almost anyone has given them credit for to this point.

With Palmer returnig to the level of play he was at before his knee injuries and the defense finally showing they can play, they are not the same Bengals of just a year ago.

The Chiefs are just the suck.

Micjones
11-16-2009, 06:40 PM
The Bengals are a hell of a lot better than the Chiefs, and better than almost anyone has given them credit for to this point.

With Palmer returnig to the level of play he was at before his knee injuries and the defense finally showing they can play, they are not the same Bengals of just a year ago.

I said as much.

The point is...
People tend to go off the deep end with their predictions.

Remember we were going to lose to the Ravens by 50 points?
Didn't happen. Won't happen this week. I don't expect a win, but I also don't expect them to be run out of the stadium.

Anyong Bluth
11-16-2009, 07:00 PM
You are being very generous. The Steelers aren't going to let Matt Cassel stand for longer than 1.5 seconds at a time. I wouldn't be surprised if Cassel goes down in the second quarter do to being gang raped for the 8th time.

On D, they will run and pass all over us. Big Ben is going to have a career day, and Reshard Mendenhall will have his break out rookie game.

I believe that a steady diet of bloodymarys and possibly some xanax for breakfast will be the only way to tolerate this game.

Ya know, if we spiked their V8 with vodka, and crush up a bunch of Xanax to put in the water bottles they give to the starters, we just might be in motherfuckin' business.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-16-2009, 07:01 PM

I'll keep saying it until the deal is done; this team doesn't win SHIT until we get a Samoan/Pacific Islander.:D

Noss
11-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Boy I tell ya...

Just like the Chiefs losing to the Raiders in Week two. :cuss:

KCrockaholic
11-16-2009, 07:20 PM
This should be ugly. James Harrison is going to have a hay day with Cassel. I feel bad for Charles....The guy is going to be killed and have a terrible game, then KC will all be worried that he sucks and immediately need a replacement. Then when we play the Browns everything will be ok again.

Marcellus
11-16-2009, 07:25 PM
If we score a TD I will be impressed.

Easy 6
11-16-2009, 08:02 PM
He's being kind giving KC 16 points. Chief fans will be virtually non-existent by 4th quarter.

I just hope Cassel survives...

He figures we'll try to 'play up to the competition' for a while.

'z fly red texas 70 MAX PROTECT! on two... BREAK!'

KC Jones
11-16-2009, 08:48 PM
If we score I will be impressed.

FYP

LaChapelle
11-16-2009, 09:47 PM
If I heard right the Steelers give up return yards. They'll need Charles on returns. Wonder if Haley starts Kolby to prevent a shut out.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 09:49 PM
If I heard right the Steelers give up return yards. They'll need Charles on returns. Wonder if Haley starts Kolby to prevent a shut out.

Why? So he can bobble or fumble the return?

I like Charles as a running back but IMO, he should never touch the ball again as a returner.

LaChapelle
11-16-2009, 09:51 PM

I like Charles as a running back but IMO, he should never touch the ball again as a returner.

Fumbles have been a problem for him.

Hammock Parties
11-16-2009, 09:51 PM

Yeah, it's getting pretty old.

They should give Lawrence another shot.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-17-2009, 10:03 AM
Not that it's that much help, but Polomalu will be out for the game on Sunday.

Frazod
11-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Not that it's that much help, but Polomalu will be out for the game on Sunday.

After seeing those Head & Shoulders commercials, I am totally creeped out by that guy. :spock:

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-17-2009, 01:09 PM
After seeing those Head & Shoulders commercials, I am totally creeped out by that guy. :spock:

"You were asking with your eyes Brent, you were asking with your eyes".LMAO

That "Mean Joe" commercial is the fucking BOMB.

thawk
11-17-2009, 01:23 PM
We are do for another good game like the Cowboys game, where everyone played pretty well. That being said its probably gonna be an a** kicken for the boys in red, but I will be there impaired by 8 a.m. alcohol consumption anyway. GO CHIEFS !!!!

King_Chief_Fan
11-17-2009, 02:06 PM
How big of win for Haley would it be if the Chiefs could beat the Steelers? The team that Haley basically grew up a part of. What's the spread? I think it will be interesting to see how Haley coaches this week.

sorry Phil -- The Chiefs can't beat the Steelers and I think we have seen the best Haley has to offer...sad really

Blick
11-17-2009, 04:06 PM

I like him as a returner and think he should touch the ball as much as he can. He's a home run threat. I'll take the fumble risk for better field position and the threat to take it to the house.

Rausch
11-17-2009, 04:08 PM
This Chiefs team Haley has built couldn't be any less like the Steelers.

Other than both offensive lines sucking all @$$...

kaplin42
11-17-2009, 05:14 PM
This Chiefs team Haley has built couldn't be any less like the Steelers.

Other than both offensive lines sucking all @$$...

I don't really think this is Haley's completed project. He has had one offseason where he was trying to get a hold of the whole situation. give him another 2 years and then we can talk about the team he has built.

philfree
11-17-2009, 06:58 PM
sorry Phil -- The Chiefs can't beat the Steelers and I think we have seen the best Haley has to offer...sad really

I never said it was possible or not that the Chiefs can/will beat the Steelers. I just think this game may have some special meaning for Haley. I don't think a single person really got it. :)

Mama Hip Rockets
11-17-2009, 08:07 PM

have you ever watched football? the chiefs are not going to beat the steelers.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-17-2009, 08:12 PM
I never said it was possible or not that the Chiefs can/will beat the Steelers. I just think this game may have some special meaning for Haley. I don't think a single person really got it. :)

I get where you're coming from. We won't win, but I get your point.

Mr. Laz
11-17-2009, 08:14 PM
i'm sorry, but this is just a stupid,stupid comment.

To jump to the conclusion that a rookie Head Coach has peaked in his 1st season is just silly. Throw in the fact that the team he inherited has been the dregs of the league for years and it's down right moronic.

Spike
11-19-2009, 11:19 AM
Early Vegas line

Steelers -10

Take the money and run

beach tribe
11-19-2009, 11:31 AM
I like him as a returner and think he should touch the ball as much as he can. He's a home run threat. I'll take the fumble risk for better field position and the threat to take it to the house.

I think he's the best return option we have, and I agree, get the ball in his hands.

LaChapelle
11-19-2009, 11:48 AM
Steelers Insider: Clark volunteered for special teamsTEXT SIZE By: Mike BiresBeaver County Times

Thursday November 19, 2009 12:08 AM

PITTSBURGH — It appears that the addition of Donovan Woods will be the only change on the Steelers’ kickoff coverage team.

Woods, a linebacker, was promoted from the practice squad to the active roster Tuesday in a move that may fix the Steelers’ recent troubles trying to tackle kickoff returners. In three of their last four games, the Steelers allowed kickoff returners to break loose for touchdowns.

Free safety Ryan Clark, who’s among the handful of veteran starters who volunteered for special teams duty, doesn’t believe their request will be granted.

“I asked but it’s up to Coach (Mike Tomlin),” Clark said. “I would love to play (on kickoff coverage). That’s the purist thing in football … just tackle the guy with the ball.

“But coach wants to fix the problem, not put a temporary band-aid on it.”

So even though starters such as linebacker James Harrison, defensive end Brett Keisel and Clark have asked to help out, it’s doubtful that will happen.

“What we have to do is get these guys who are already out there to play better, not replace them,” Clark said.

Woods, however, will replace linebacker Arnold Harrison, who was cut.

The Steelers didn’t work on kickoff coverage during Wednesday’s practice. But they will today.

— Mike Bires

Spike
11-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Clark wants to crack some skulls.

Sic em.

LaChapelle
11-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Haley should know the Steelers from 9 months ago pretty well
I don't think he knows his own players very well though

Marcellus
11-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Early Vegas line

Steelers -10

Take the money and run

Oddly enough Seattle, Tampa, Washington and the You Know Who led Jets are bigger underdogs than KC this week.

The Jets beat NE earlier this year and are 10.5 point underdogs this week.

notorious
11-19-2009, 10:33 PM
Oddly enough Seattle, Tampa, Washington and the You Know Who led Jets are bigger underdogs than KC this week.

The Jets beat NE earlier this year and are 10.5 point underdogs this week.

Vegas has been getting beat this year when it comes to the NFL.

It's about time.

11-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Since I am going to this game, a win sure would be nice. It's a pipe dream though. Won't happen.

Warrior5
11-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Here's head-to-head stats for anyone interested:

PIT (6-3) – W: TEN, SD, DET, CLE, MIN, DEN........... L: CHI, CIN, CIN
KC (2-7) – W: WAS, OAK............ L: BAL, OAK, PHI, NYG, DAL, SD, JAX

PIT Score O – 23 ppg vs KC Score D – 24 ppg
PIT Rush O – 111 ypg vs KC Rush D – 141 ypg
PIT Pass O – 253 ypg vs KC Pass D – 234 ypg

KC Score O – 16 ppg vs PIT Score D – 17 ppg
KC Rush O – 100 ypg vs PIT Rush D – 69 ypg… OUCH!
KC Pass O – 167 ypg vs PIT Pass D – 208 ypg

Turnover Ratio:
PIT (-3)
KC (+1)

notorious
11-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Here's head-to-head stats for anyone interested:

PIT (6-3) – W: TEN, SD, DET, CLE, MIN, DEN........... L: CHI, CIN, CIN
KC (2-7) – W: WAS, OAK............ L: BAL, OAK, PHI, NYG, DAL, SD, JAX

PIT Score O – 23 ppg vs KC Score D – 24 ppg
PIT Rush O – 111 ypg vs KC Rush D – 141 ypg
PIT Pass O – 253 ypg vs KC Pass D – 234 ypg

KC Score O – 16 ppg vs PIT Score D – 17 ppg
KC Rush O – 100 ypg vs PIT Rush D – 69 ypg… OUCH!
KC Pass O – 167 ypg vs PIT Pass D – 208 ypg

Turnover Ratio:
PIT (-3)
KC (+1)

The Short Version: Pittsburg OWNS Kansas City

philfree
11-22-2009, 03:44 PM
Never said we had a chance but I didn't didn't ahve one eihter...LOL

That's not what the thread was about. LOL

Lzen
11-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Chiefs could win....

...if the Steelers have like 5-6 turnovers. Even then it would be close...

Interesting. I think they had close to that.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-22-2009, 03:47 PM
What I learned is; piss on Mike Vrabel.

KCDC
11-22-2009, 03:49 PM
IMO, the players won in spite of Haley.

bowener
11-22-2009, 03:51 PM
This thread is full of FAIL.

smittysbar
11-22-2009, 03:52 PM
IMO, the players won in spite of Haley.

I thought Haley did a good job today

Mosbonian
11-22-2009, 03:53 PM
Wow....some interesting reading in this thread.

mmaddog

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-22-2009, 03:53 PM
This thread is full of FAIL.

Yep. If this game doesn't prove "Any Given Sunday" is for real, I don't know what would.

LaChapelle
11-22-2009, 03:54 PM
I think the win kind of proves Haley has too much on his plate.
Learn to delegate

kcxiv
11-22-2009, 03:56 PM
I think the win kind of proves Haley has too much on his plate.
Learn to delegate

He did call a pretty good offensive game in the 2nd half.

LaChapelle
11-22-2009, 03:59 PM
He did call a pretty good offensive game in the 2nd half.

He already had the work pretty much done from the SB.
get a OC and QB coach, he's spreading himself to thin

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-22-2009, 04:04 PM
He already had the work pretty much done from the SB.
get a OC and QB coach, he's spreading himself to thin

If he can handle the plate well enough to win this game, then he should be outstanding with the right personnel at OC and QB coach.

Major victory for our Coach today. I'd LOVE to hear what was said before the game and during half time.

philfree
11-22-2009, 07:20 PM
If he can handle the plate well enough to win this game, then he should be outstanding with the right personnel at OC and QB coach.

Major victory for our Coach today. I'd LOVE to hear what was said before the game and during half time.

We were a different team after the half. I hope Haley had something to do with it. I expect to beat the Chargers now though. LOL Fuck them!

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-22-2009, 07:29 PM
We were a different team after the half. I hope Haley had something to do with it. I expect to beat the Chargers now though. LOL Fuck them!

I hear that. It's time to serve notice to those motherfuckers. If we can get one win against them and Denver, I officially call this season a success, and begin the slow, baby-stepped process of trusting the powers that be.

I think that's fair.

thawk
11-23-2009, 08:44 AM
There was doubt in my mind but i did call it. Our boys were ready to play well again! I however had no idea this could happen. They still have issues but they played with GUTS AND DETERMINATION, Balls if you will and that is something we have not seen for a long time.