PDA

View Full Version : Football NFL is overprotecting the QB.

notorious
11-16-2009, 08:52 PM
I am starting to regret that Pollard took out Brady last year.

Another weak call just went against Cleveland for hitting Flacco.

What's the point of trying to sack the QB when you can turn a 7 yard sack into a 15 yard penalty and a first down the other way?

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 08:57 PM

Another weak call just went against Cleveland for hitting Flacco.

What's the point of trying to sack the QB when you can turn a 7 yard sack into a 15 yard penalty and a first down the other way?

The simple fact that there are not 32 legitimate starting QB's in the NFL is why they are overprotected.

From the league's point of view, star QB's ARE the NFL.

milkman
11-16-2009, 08:58 PM
I agree.

It's football.

Stop pussifying the game.

Deberg_1990
11-16-2009, 08:59 PM
The simple fact that there are not 32 legitimate starting QB's in the NFL is why they are overprotected.

and the NFL wants to expand to 18 games......ROFL

notorious
11-16-2009, 09:01 PM

You are 100% correct.

It just gets frustrating to watch a Defensive player get pushed in the back as he is going after the QB but still makes a good play, but get kicked in the nuts for trying too hard.

QB's were football players once upon a time......

GloryDayz
11-16-2009, 09:02 PM
One of these days, I hope, they'll either make them play the game, or make it so they can't run the ball or anything. Just touch them, and they should be down. See how much their million dollar men like that!! It's just wrong that Vick (or the likes) can do his thing, but others can't so much as be touched. I know the NFL wanted more scoring, but it sucks to be on defense these days...

DBOSHO
11-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Speakimg of cleveland....why the fuck are they on monday night?

GloryDayz
11-16-2009, 09:04 PM

I guess right now the Chiefs are in the "not" group..:cuss:

Deberg_1990
11-16-2009, 09:05 PM
Speakimg of cleveland....why the **** are they on monday night?

Who knows? Maybe the scheduling Gods thought they would be better this year?

MNF isnt the "Marquee" game it used to be. Thats SNF now.

notorious
11-16-2009, 09:08 PM
One of these days, I hope, they'll either make them play the game, or make it so they can't run the ball or anything. Just touch them, and they should be down. See how much their million dollar men like that!! It's just wrong that Vick (or the likes) can do his thing, but others can't so much as be touched. I know the NFL wanted more scoring, but it sucks to be on defense these days...

They glorify hard hits on their very own "NFL Films Presents:" shows, but hand out huge fines for the hits.

The NFL appears as if they are protecting the players, but cashing in off of the fined hits.

I know that football shortens the players lives, but that is why they are paid in small islands. If they don't like it, change careers (like that would happen very often LOL).

Robert Smith and Tiki Barber are the only one's I know of off the top of my head.

RNR
11-16-2009, 09:11 PM

Russell is far from a legitimate starting QB and the roughing call he got yesterday was a total joke. That blows a hole in your theory :)

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 09:18 PM
Russell is far from a legitimate starting QB and the roughing call he got yesterday was a total joke. That blows a hole in your theory :)

Well, the rules exist as they do to protect the REAL stars of the NFL.

:D

I'll be very concerned with the Raiders the day they get a real QB (and a head coach, too).

L.A. Chieffan
11-16-2009, 09:20 PM
once upon a time d-lineman were normal size human beings

RNR
11-16-2009, 09:22 PM

I'll be very concerned with the Raiders the day they get a real QB (and a head coach, too).

Well when Al...never mind :shake: I do wish they would quit protecting him anyway :)

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2009, 09:23 PM

That's not the only reason why I regret it.

Stinger
11-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Well when Al...never mind :shake: I do wish they would quit protecting him anyway :)

Sound like my BIL and couple of my friends who are Raider fans talking about the game/ They were saying that they wish Russel and Heyward-Bey would both get "Brady'ed"

notorious
11-16-2009, 09:28 PM
That's not the only reason why I regret it.

ROFL

The Butterfly Effect?

Butterfly flaps it's wings in Japan and we end up with the 4 yard out king?

notorious
11-16-2009, 09:30 PM

If the Raiders got a decent head coach and an average QB they would be a tough team.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2009, 10:36 PM
I understand protecting QBs, but they need to modify the rules. Maybe add 5-yrd 'running into' or allow those penalties to be challenged. Something. Its sad, really...

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2009, 10:56 PM
ROFL

The Butterfly Effect?

Butterfly flaps it's wings in Japan and we end up with the 4 yard out king?

Only the Chiefs could take a 1st ballot HOF out of the game and fuck their franchise for 5 years in the process of doing so.

KcMizzou
11-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Didn't Tamba get flagged for "hitting the QB low" against the Raiders? (when he was basically on his belly wrapping up Russell's ankles.)

jAZ
11-16-2009, 11:08 PM

Yep. Exactly.

Just develop a better pipeline of QBs and their value will drop, just like RBs have over the last 10 years.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Yep. Exactly.

Just develop a better pipeline of QBs and their value will drop, just like RBs have over the last 10 years.

The problem is that developing a better pipeline is impossible. It's an issue that's plagued the NFL since it's beginning and isn't going away any time soon.

Especially considering that many college programs have or are switching the Spread on a regular basis.

Hence the NFL rules.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2009, 11:10 PM
Yep. Exactly.

With the proliferation of the spread...that ain't happenin.

BillSelfsTrophycase
11-16-2009, 11:13 PM
Didn't Tamba get flagged for "hitting the QB low" against the Raiders? (when he was basically on his belly wrapping up Russell's ankles.)

Yep, thank the new "Brady Rule" for that one.