PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Chiefs may be -7 vs. Cleveland

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2009, 10:41 PM
That's the worst offense I've ever seen. They literally have nothing anywhere. The over/under on the game might be 20.

Brady Quinn looks like ass, and its not just because he has no targets to throw to.

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 10:42 PM
That's the worst offense I've ever seen. They literally have nothing anywhere. The over/under on the game might be below 20.

Brady Quinn looks like ass, and its not just because he has no targets to throw to.

Yeah, he sucks. WILDLY inaccurate. Cleveland needs a QB because he's not the answer.

The Chiefs win definitely win that game.

3-13.

To the 'Ship!

RealSNR
11-16-2009, 10:43 PM
Those were near misses for us. Thank God Cleveland traded up to grab Quinn. If I remember correctly Brady Quinn was one of the rare QBs that Carl really wanted to draft in the first round. Joey Harrington was the other.

BryanBusby
11-16-2009, 10:43 PM
and the only effective player they have, Joshua Cribbs, was fucking crushed on the last play of the game against Baltimore.

BROWNS FOOTBALL!

DeezNutz
11-16-2009, 10:44 PM

I'm not going to judge him until there's a decent o-line in place.

And he's a rookie, what the **** did you expect? A playoff birth? FFS.

BigMeatballDave
Its hilarious how many people wanted us to draft Quinn...

BossChief
sad

-King-
11-16-2009, 10:45 PM
Yeah, he sucks. WILDLY inaccurate. Cleveland needs a QB, WR, RB, OL, DL, LBs, DBs, Coach because they're not the answer.

The Chiefs win definitely win that game.

3-13.

To the 'Ship!

FYP

'Hamas' Jenkins
The funny thing is that Quinn wasn't always this inaccurate. I think he's just completely lost his confidence and he doesn't have a QB coach worth a fuck to help him.

If I'm Minnesota, I'm offering a 6th or 7th for him to have him run their WCO.

DeezNutz
Its hilarious how many people wanted us to draft Quinn...

Yep.

More evidence that you just don't fucking touch a QB in round 1. That organization is still trying to dig out from the Quinn selection.

KingPriest2
I'm not going to judge him until there's a decent o-line in place.

And he's a rookie, what the **** did you expect? A playoff birth? FFS.

Dude hes no rookie. Get it right

DeezNutz
11-16-2009, 10:46 PM

How many games has he started? More than 16? That's a fucking rookie. Age doesn't fucking matter.

BryanBusby
11-16-2009, 10:47 PM
The funny thing is that Quinn wasn't always this inaccurate. I think he's just completely lost his confidence and he doesn't have a QB coach worth a **** to help him.

I think Cleveland has already trashed Brady Quinn beyond repair. The Browns gameplan on offense probably has even Herm laughing somewhere.

DeezNutz
I think Cleveland has already trashed Brady Quinn beyond repair. The Browns gameplan on offense probably has even Herm laughing somewhere.

Or Haley.

-King-

Sarcasm...

Mr. Flopnuts
11-16-2009, 10:48 PM

http://www.garylewisguideservice.com/elk_river_flyfishing_102504.jpg

DeezNutz
11-16-2009, 10:49 PM
http://www.garylewisguideservice.com/elk_river_flyfishing_102504.jpg

Whoa. Strange fucking post, but great catch.

When did you land that mother?

chiefzilla1501
The funny thing is that Quinn wasn't always this inaccurate. I think he's just completely lost his confidence and he doesn't have a QB coach worth a **** to help him.

I don't know. I remember hearing Gil Brandt and Pat Kirwan talk on Sirius Radio well before the draft about how Brady missed a lot of throws in college and the combine that he should have made. That he wasn't nearly as accurate as you would want from a pure pocket QB.

I've also wondered if he lifts too much for a QB and if he was a product of a system at Notre Dame more than anything.

Deberg_1990
With Charlie Weiss as our O-Coodinator next year, he will bring Quinn here as a backup QB.

To da ship!!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2009, 10:50 PM

You're probably right. And that's too bad. The kid could have been a good QB. But when you trade away Winslow, Edwards, and you bring in Mangini, this is what you get.

DeezNutz
His confidence problems started when his sister went Hawkin.

Mr. Flopnuts
Whoa. Strange fucking post, but great catch.

When did you land that mother?

LOL You hooked him in dawg.

BossChief
11-16-2009, 10:52 PM
I don't know. I remember hearing Gil Brandt and Pat Kirwan talk on Sirius Radio well before the draft about how Brady missed a lot of throws in college and the combine that he should have made. That he wasn't nearly as accurate as you would want from a pure pocket QB.

I've also wondered if he lifts too much for a QB and if he was a product of a system at Notre Dame more than anything.

Brady Quinn lost every big game he played in at ND.

Every game is a big game in the NFL.

He may be good down the line, but watching him play should tell you that he isnt even close to ready this year.

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-16-2009, 10:53 PM

I remember the "he's too muscular" refrain from before the draft. Some people said that Bill Walsh preferred his players not to be to massive through the torso, b/c he thought it affected their flexibility, and the counter torque from your hips adds a lot to your throwing power.

As far as his accuracy, he doesn't have a bad clip for a college QB. 60+% his last two years. If he were a spread monkey, then that's terrible, but he's not.

RedThat
11-16-2009, 11:00 PM
Cleveland Browns: 5 TD's in 14 games! As much as I thought the Chiefs had it really bad, thats really disguisting. They may be on pace to set an NFL record?

Param
11-16-2009, 11:01 PM
I remember the "he's too muscular" refrain from before the draft.

Weird, he must've bulked up just before the draft. I shook his hand at an event before the Super Bowl in 2007 and he was skinny as fuck.

Sure-Oz
11-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Id start any fantasy defense against that offense

-King-
11-16-2009, 11:03 PM
Cleveland Browns: 5 TD's in 14 games! As much as I thought the Chiefs had it really bad, thats really disguisting. They may be on pace to set an NFL record?

You know how we have a knack for helping teams overcome their shortcomings and get records....

DaneMcCloud
11-16-2009, 11:07 PM
Or Haley.

If Haley smiled, he'd make himself ride 500 miles on a stationary bike without stopping.

BigMeatballDave
11-16-2009, 11:12 PM
If Haley smiled, he'd make himself ride 500 miles on a stationary bike without stopping.ROFL

CaliforniaChief
11-16-2009, 11:13 PM
And this now concludes the 1st round QB Class of the 2007 NFL Draft.

KCrockaholic
11-16-2009, 11:38 PM
I really feel bad for Cleveland fans. They are as passionate as anyone about football and have had nothing to cheer about in decades. Quinn is really looking like a disaster and with only Mike Furrey and Mossaqoui (spelling?) catching passes it is just horrible to watch. I think that might be a game that we actually put up 25 or 30 points and hold them to around 10 or 15.

Hootie
11-16-2009, 11:46 PM
I don't feel bad for anyone...I'm a Chiefs fan.

KCrockaholic
11-16-2009, 11:51 PM

It could be worse you know. Lions and Browns.

ChiefsCountry
11-17-2009, 12:31 AM
If I was St. Louis I would try to trade for him. Lord knows he is better than Clausen or Sam Bradford.

KCrockaholic
11-17-2009, 12:36 AM
If I was St. Louis I would try to trade for him. Lord knows he is better than Clausen or Sam Bradford.

Clausen is going to be a guy, that if he is ever any good in the NFL it is going to take him years and years to get it right. You wont be seeing a Matt Ryan/ Joe Flacco out of Clausen. So whoever drafts him better be prepared to dog it for a few more seasons unless a team that already has a veteran QB that can still play a few more years drafts him and allows him to sit on the bench and learn. Bradford is a coin-flip at this point. I am going to have to keep watching him to make any decisions on how he might do whether he plays immediately or takes a year to learn an NFL playbook.

ChiefsCountry
11-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Bradford's ceiling is Trent Green.

KCrockaholic
11-17-2009, 12:45 AM
Bradford's ceiling is Trent Green.

Probably. But even at that, its not a bad deal. At one time Trent was a top 10 QB. If Bradford can get to that level coming from the Oklahoma spread I would say job well done.

But like you said, his ceiling is Trent Green. He could also be a Jake Delhomme of 2009.

bigbucks24
11-17-2009, 01:14 AM

Do you think Quinn is the modern day Harrington? or Carr? someone that had talent but played on such shitty teams that their confidence and careers were ruined?

Hammock Parties
11-17-2009, 02:12 AM
If Haley smiled, he'd make himself ride 500 miles on a stationary bike without stopping.

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/f/c/1/fc1c94669a64b46155cf45fd752e19d1.gif

Hammock Parties
11-17-2009, 02:14 AM
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/01152009pioli600.jpg

You got Mangini problems, I feel bad for you son.

Got 99 problems but a soft bitch ain't one!

http://i36.tinypic.com/2jakgpi.jpg

Basileus777
11-17-2009, 02:31 AM
Accuracy was a concern about Quinn coming out of college. He's hasn't been helped by the play calling or the talent around him, but when you are missing wide open receivers on slant routes and can't complete a screen pass, those are just emnpty excuses. I was never high on Quinn, I thought his upside was that of an average starter ( a poor man's Eli Manning), but he's been much worse than even I though he would be. He's terrified of the pass rush and has no confidence or accuracy.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-17-2009, 02:36 AM
This thread is teh Win!

veist
11-17-2009, 04:23 AM
Speaking of Cribbs getting absolutely demolished apparently the Steamers got a 4th time out that got them that last pointless possession where he got jacked up. Which is kind of I don't know, sad-funny? At this point Quinn's value is what a conditional 7th, some guy you just signed off the street and a sandwich to be named later? Where the condition is the pick becomes a 6th is Mangini really dislikes the sandwich. Since Cleveland apparently only makes trades involving players being sent to them.

He's terrified of the pass rush and has no confidence or accuracy.

When he just laid down for Ray Ray was hilarious.

BryanBusby
11-17-2009, 04:46 AM
Do you think Quinn is the modern day Harrington? or Carr? someone that had talent but played on such shitty teams that their confidence and careers were ruined?

Brady Quinn is the lovechild of Carr and Harrington.

CoMoChief
11-17-2009, 05:00 AM
You know if this team still had:

Braylon Edwards
Dante Stallworth
Kellen Winslow

and drafted/traded for some defense that team wouldnt be so bad. They won 10 games in 2007.

I don't think Quinn is nearly as bad as he showed last night. They've mis-managed him iso bad it's not even funny. They throw him in there, take him out, put him back in, it's just a QB carousel with that team. Can't be good on ANY QB you put in there.

Mile High Mania
11-17-2009, 05:19 AM
It could be worse you know. Lions and Browns.

You know, KC and CLE are very similar since 2007... they have 2 and 1 win respectively right now. Since '07, CLE has had 15 wins (10, 4 and 1) while KC has had 8 (4, 2, 2). Hell, with the 0-16 record (since '07) the Lions have 8 total wins as well.

Sorry... :p

the Talking Can
11-17-2009, 06:14 AM
Browns have 5 offensive tds in their last 15 games.

The_Doctor10
11-17-2009, 06:52 AM
And this now concludes the 1st round QB Class of the 2007 NFL Draft.

Shall we hold off on comparing them to the 1983/2004 class then?

I do think it's a little early to call Quinn a complete bust... he plays on a team that has even less offensive talent than the Chiefs. He has one legitimate line-man, and one who may be good one day. His two Pro-Bowl weapons were traded. His number one back is Jamaal fricking Lewis. His number one WR is... WHO??? Josh Cribs? Robert Royal is his TE. No wonder his numbers are dogshit.

Good QBs make their teammates better, but they've got to at least be given a puncher's chance to make a go of it. I don't know how you can really say Quinn's had that. Crennel certainly wasn't a 'QB devloper' as a coach; he lucked into Anderson having a Pro Bowl year more than anything. And Mangini is probably despised openly even more than Haley.

beach tribe
11-17-2009, 07:28 AM
Yep.

More evidence that you just don't ****ing touch a QB in round 1.

Yeah really. Who the hell wants a Peyton manning, or John Elway. Certainly not the Chiefs.

beach tribe
11-17-2009, 07:30 AM

I thought that was the big knock on him coming out. Inconsistency, and inaccuracy.

milkman
11-17-2009, 08:01 AM
You know if this team still had:

Braylon Edwards
Dante Stallworth
Kellen Winslow

and drafted/traded for some defense that team wouldnt be so bad. They won 10 games in 2007.

I don't think Quinn is nearly as bad as he showed last night. They've mis-managed him iso bad it's not even funny. They throw him in there, take him out, put him back in, it's just a QB carousel with that team. Can't be good on ANY QB you put in there.

San Diego did much the same thing with Drew Brees when Flutie was there.

It's too bad they ruined him.

KCUnited
11-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Its like my girlfriend asked last night, why's Brady Quinn always got the wet hair look?

milkman
11-17-2009, 08:48 AM
Its like my girlfriend asked last night, why's Brady Quinn always got the wet hair look?

Did you tell her he's using the same hair gel used in "There's Something About Mary"?

KCUnited
11-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Did you tell her he's using the same hair gel used in "There's Something About Mary"?
That guy was using his own gel, Quinn has that look about him that he might be using somebody elses gel.

milkman
11-17-2009, 08:53 AM
That guy was using his own gel, Quinn has that look about him that he might be using somebody elses gel.

Same gel.

Different dispenser.

Buehler445
11-17-2009, 09:01 AM
The funny thing is that Quinn wasn't always this inaccurate. I think he's just completely lost his confidence and he doesn't have a QB coach worth a fuck to help him.

Yeah, it's amazing how up and down they are. Even look at Derrick Anderson. Even after he went to shit, his shitty numbers with good talent were much better than the abortion numbers he put up this year.

Disappointing. I don't know how good QB coaches aren't the highest paid assistants on staff. FFS, if I had a young, not even rookie QB, I'd have thrown the house at Josh McDaniels or some other good QB coach. It's just too critical to the game. You can't trot some dude out there coached by Old Man River Dick Curl, and you damn sure can't have the head coach do it like Haley and Zorn. If I were a HC or GM, I'd go after someone that knows WTF they are doing and give them whatever they want as long as they'll be my dedicated QB man.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/01152009pioli600.jpg

You got Mangini problems, I feel bad for you son.

Got 99 problems but a soft bitch ain't one!

http://i36.tinypic.com/2jakgpi.jpg

I LOLed. That funny.

Rain Man
11-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Browns have 5 offensive tds in their last 15 games.

You can win with that if your average drive is 180 minutes.

The Franchise
11-17-2009, 09:55 AM

This.

Quinn needs to go into a situation where there is offensive weapons and a good o-line around him.

cdirty
11-17-2009, 10:03 AM
and the only effective player they have, Joshua Cribbs, was ****ing crushed on the last play of the game against Baltimore.

BROWNS FOOTBALL!

in fantasy football, the dude i was playing started cribbs and he ended up winning by 2 points.

damn it.

HemiEd
11-17-2009, 10:05 AM
Those were near misses for us. Thank God Cleveland traded up to grab Quinn. If I remember correctly Brady Quinn was one of the rare QBs that Carl really wanted to draft in the first round. Joey Harrington was the other.

:LOL: Damn, it could have been worse, you are right!

COchief
11-17-2009, 10:41 AM
Yep.

More evidence that you just don't ****ing touch a QB in round 1. That organization is still trying to dig out from the Quinn selection.

Green Bay, San Diego, Pittsburgh, NYG, Indy, Atlanta, Baltimore, Phillie, and Cinci would all like to tell you that your football opinions are retarded.

The Franchise
11-17-2009, 10:43 AM
Green Bay, San Diego, Pittsburgh, NYG, Indy, Atlanta, Baltimore, Phillie, and Cinci would all like to tell you that your football opinions are retarded.

ROFL Fucking n00bs

milkman
11-17-2009, 10:44 AM
ROFL ****ing n00bs

God love 'em.

Cause nobody else does,

DeezNutz
11-17-2009, 11:03 AM

http://www.sti.nasa.gov/tto/Spinoff2005/Images/Page_057_Image_0001.jpg