PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Cribbs injury last play of game last night

geronimo
11-17-2009, 12:03 PM
CLEVELAND -- Cleveland Browns wide receiver Josh Cribbs was taken to a hospital for further tests after being injured on a hard hit on the final play of Baltimore's 16-0 win over Cleveland on Monday night.

He was released from the hospital on Tuesday. His agent, however, is livid at the Browns for putting him in position to be injured on a meaningless play.

"I can't even put into words how upset I am at them for leaving him in like that,'' J.R. Rickert told the Cleveland Plain Dealer in a text. "Fortunately, he's doing well.''

AFC North blog
ESPN.com's James Walker writes about all things AFC North in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

Cribbs caught a pass from Brady Quinn on the final play and lateraled to Robert Royal. Following the pitch, Cribbs was hit near midfield by defensive end Dwan Edwards.

As Cribbs was on the field, players from both teams knelt in prayer around him.

After he was treated by Cleveland trainers, he was put on a stretcher and driven to the locker room. Cribbs was taken by ambulance to a local hospital.

Browns coach Eric Mangini said Cribbs had movement and feeling in all parts of his body when he left the stadium.

I didn't see the end of what was an incredibly boring game. Question is what happened to justify outrage by Cribbs' agent concerning the play? If anybody saw it let me know. My reaction to the article is its the NFL player play and there is a potential for injury...what's the big deal.

Hydrae
11-17-2009, 12:11 PM
I didn't even see him get hurt. All I knew was that Ray Ray had the final tackle on that play and as a result I lost my fantasy game by 1 point. :banghead:

The Franchise
11-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Mangini is a fucking idiot.

alpha_omega
11-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Well, somebody had to be in there playing.

I don't understand why the agent is upset.

raybec 4
11-17-2009, 12:17 PM
If his agent doesn't want him in on meaningless plays he should be put on IR

Bwana
11-17-2009, 12:17 PM
Great job of playing arm chair QB there Mr. agent.

L.A. Chieffan
11-17-2009, 12:18 PM
if i was a browns fan i wouldnt go rush out to buy a cribbs authentic jersey

Deberg_1990
11-17-2009, 12:20 PM
Was his agent more worried about Cribb's health or losing his meal ticket?

raybec 4
11-17-2009, 12:21 PM
if i was a browns fan i wouldnt go rush out to buy a cribbs authentic jersey

Being a chiefs fan which ones are you rushing to buy?

wild1
11-17-2009, 12:22 PM
Dwan Edwards gave him a forearm under the chin, according to the Cleveland paper, I didn't see the play, but I wonder why it would be necessary to put such a hit on someone on a meaningless play. Ravens football?

L.A. Chieffan
11-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Being a chiefs fan which ones are you rushing to buy?

none

Rain Man
11-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Aren't all of the Browns' plays meaningless plays?

The agent is a moron. Until 60 minutes is over, his client's job is to play football.

Demonpenz
11-17-2009, 12:29 PM
sounds like a wahhhhhhbulence was needed

Sure-Oz
11-17-2009, 12:31 PM
start the lions D this week, they have zero playmakers out there now