PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Gretz: Practice Report 11/18 Update

Tribal Warfare
11-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Practice Report 11/18 Update (http://www.bobgretz.com/chiefs-football/practice-report-1118.html)
November 18, 2009 - Bob Gretz |

From the Truman Sports Complex

Chiefs coach Todd Haley didn’t have anything to add to the Dwayne Bowe suspension story other than he needs the other receivers to fill the void.

“It’s no different than if there’s an injury,” Haley said after Wednesday’s practice. “Our receiver group must step up now. We lose one of our better receivers. I’ve said here for the last couple weeks I feel like the receiver group was improving as a whole. That group needs to step up and fill the void.”

During Wednesday’s practice, Bobby Wade and Mark Bradley got snaps with the first team offense opposite Chris Chambers.

“Bobby Wade will be back playing and that’s good for him,” said Haley, who would not get into any specifics about how the offense might look without Bowe. “His not playing had nothing to do with him. It was a roster thing; he was the last guy both weeks. Bobby helped us a bunch when he got here and now he’s looking to help us again.”

Haley had his team working outside in Wednesday’s practice and the coach liked what he saw.

“We had a very good day of practice today,” Haley said. “The guys were enthusiastic. The win put some gas in their tanks and they are excited and ready to play the defending world champions.”

The injury-rehab area was crowded with four players held out of practice: LBs Mike Vrabel and David Herron, RB Dantrell Savage and G Andy Alleman. They were all doing their Lance Armstrong imitations on the stationary bikes.

Vrabel, Herron and Alleman are dealing with knee injuries, Savage has a sprained ankle. Wade Smith was working for Alleman at RG and Andy Studebaker was with the No. 1 defense at Vrabel’s OLB spot.

The newest member of the Chiefs was on the practice field Wednesday as Tim Castille went through all the work. The 5-11, 238-pound third-year back out of Alabama was released by Arizona on the final cutdown of the pre-season and has been out of football since. He’s wearing No. 46.

“I’m excited to get him in here,” Haley said of Castille. “He can help us on special teams. I think he can be a little bit of a crossover back. He can be a little bigger running back for us and he can be a fullback. He adds to us in a couple different spots.”

Chiefs SS Mike Brown was named the AFC’s defensive player of the week for his performance last Sunday against Oakland. “I thought Mike had a good game,” Haley said. “He had a couple pass breakups in addition to his two interceptions, and those were very big plays. I’m very excited that Mike got that award.”

Stinger
11-18-2009, 03:05 PM
November 18, 2009 - Bob Gretz |

Chiefs SS Mike Brown was named the AFC’s defensive player of the week for his performance last Sunday against Oakland. “I thought Mike had a good game,” Haley said. “He had a couple pass breakups in addition to his two interceptions, and those were very big plays. I’m very excited that Mike got that award.”

http://www.sfrc.biz/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/blindsquirrel.jpg

bobbything
11-18-2009, 03:07 PM
Right place, right time. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

CoMoChief
11-18-2009, 03:13 PM
The sun even shines on a dog's ass occasionally.

Frosty
11-18-2009, 03:14 PM
The newest member of the Chiefs was on the practice field Wednesday as Tim Castille went through all the work. The 5-11, 238-pound third-year back out of Alabama was released by Arizona on the final cutdown of the pre-season and has been out of football since. He’s wearing No. 46.

“I’m excited to get him in here,” Haley said of Castille. “He can help us on special teams. I think he can be a little bit of a crossover back. He can be a little bigger running back for us and he can be a fullback. He adds to us in a couple different spots.”

I'm surprised that they didn't bring up Javarris Williams instead, being a draft pick and all.

Rooster
11-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Did they wear helmets?

Ralphy Boy
11-18-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm happy for Studebaker and think he's one of our few bright spots.

Just found his draft card from CNNSI (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/2008/draft/players/66735.html) Not saying that he'll be the next Jared Allen, but I do know that if you were ever going to take a chance on a small school kid, it would help if your scouting report said:
"ANALYSIS: Studebaker has been ultra-productive on a small-school level and was a pass rushing nightmare. His development was halted last season by the injury yet he offers a good amount of upside and should be given looks late in the draft as a rush linebacker for a 34 alignment."

Easy 6
11-18-2009, 06:10 PM
It wouldnt surprise me a bit if Savages 'sprained ankle', was actually code for *DogHowse*

T-post Tom
11-18-2009, 06:14 PM
Kansas City: Home of the washed up Cardinals.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-18-2009, 06:15 PM

Mike Brown is just a squirrel tryin' to get a nut, to move yo' butt.

milkman
11-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Kansas City: Home of the washed up Cardinals.

Dolphins and Patriots.

When a player is cut by someone from the Pioli/Parcells/Haley tree and they need to find a new home, here they come KC.

Should be renamed the "Treehouse".

T-post Tom
11-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Dolphins and Patriots.

When a player is cut by someone from the Pioli/Parcells/Haley tree and they need to find a new home, here they come KC.

Should be renamed the "Treehouse".

Yep. Season ticket holders should file a class action suit to reclaim the money they spent this year.