PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Walter's Weekly Draft Update...

Coogs
11-20-2009, 02:06 PM
http://walterfootball.com/draft2010.php

Chiefs Picks...

1st Berry S Tennessee
2nd Fox OT Miami
2nd Dwyer RB Georgia Tech
3rd Williams NT Tennessee

Not bad!

shitgoose
11-20-2009, 02:10 PM
No complaints here. Don't know much about Fox though.

philfree
11-20-2009, 02:12 PM

Chiefs Picks...

1st Berry S Tennessee
2nd Fox OT Miami

Not bad!

Need to swap the RB out for a OLB pass rusher.

PhilFree:arrow:

blazzin311
11-20-2009, 02:12 PM

Chiefs Picks...

1st Berry S Tennessee
2nd Fox OT Miami

Not bad!

That would be a damn good start to the draft if it came to fruition. It's a crap shoot speculation wise at this point though. We're so far off before the draft gets here right now there's no way to predict it with any kind of accuracy who's going to go where. That being said I would be ok with those picks.

The Franchise
11-20-2009, 02:13 PM

This.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 02:16 PM
I certainly wouldn't have any complaints...

beach tribe
11-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Add in Wilfork at NT, and I can't remember the damn guard from the Pats name that we're gonna pick up as well.
I see us bringin in a lot of FAs this season.

The Franchise
11-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Add in Wilfork at NT, and I can't remember the damn guard from the Pats name that we're gonna pick up as well.

If we have Williams.....we don't need Wilfork.

I am all about picking up Logan Mankings though.

Coogs
11-20-2009, 02:20 PM

If you click on the link and check out the picks, there are several guys available at each of our 2nd and our 3rd round picks who would be pretty hard to pass up at that point. In fact, looking at it, I am not sure I would come close to going with what Walter did, but it would not be totally bad either.

Berry
Hughes
Spikes
Williams

That wouldn't be bad either, BUT

That means the O-line doesn't get addressed until round 4. :shrug:

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 02:20 PM

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

With an uncapped year ahead, everyone who was slated to be an UFA now has additional year of service.

Free agency will be very, very thin.

SenselessChiefsFan
11-20-2009, 02:21 PM
That would be a pretty darn good draft.

CoMoChief
11-20-2009, 02:22 PM
If we have Williams.....we don't need Wilfork.

I am all about picking up Logan Mankings though.

It'd be nice to have a good young backup NT. Not like we have many of them.

The Franchise
11-20-2009, 02:25 PM
It'd be nice to have a good young backup NT. Not like we have many of them.

If you want that....then I'd rather see them go out and sign Franklin (NT, 49ers)....he'll be cheaper than Wilfork and he can share time with Williams.

philfree
11-20-2009, 02:29 PM
If you click on the link and check out the picks, there are several guys available at each of our 2nd and our 3rd round picks who would be pretty hard to pass up at that point. In fact, looking at it, I am not sure I would come close to going with what Walter did, but it would not be totally bad either.

Berry
Hughes
Spikes
Williams

That would go along way to fixing the defense but we have to address the O line with one of those picks. I'd probably drop Spikes in lieu of an O lineman. The main thing is for those four picks no mmatter who we pick to actually work out. Which is where Pioli needs to step up and hit a couple home runs.

keg in kc
11-20-2009, 02:30 PM
That means the O-line doesn't get addressed until round 4. :shrug:Nothing wrong with that. O-linemen don't have to be taken high.

shitgoose
11-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Upon further review I think it would be hard not to take Spikes over Dwyer if Spikes were available that late in the second round.

The Franchise
11-20-2009, 02:32 PM

Berry
Hughes
Spikes
Williams

That would go along way to fixing the defense but we have to address the O line with one of those picks. I'd probably drop Spikes in lieu of an O lineman. The main thing is for those four picks no mmatter who we pick to actually work out. Which is where Pioli needs to step up and hit a couple home runs.

That could be a possibility if we do some work in FA. We could go out and get Logan Mankins to play the RG position. If O'Callaghan can some how improve this year....then he might be able to work at RT next year. We could easily grab a center in the 4th round.

RippedmyFlesh
11-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Unfortunately, that's not going to happen.

With an uncapped year ahead, everyone who was slated to be an UFA now has additional year of service.

Free agency will be very, very thin.

Yep not alot of "big" names that's for sure.
This was one of the few articles I have seen listing them.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81423860&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Tackles

Starting tackles get paid, but this bunch includes mostly guys who were already on the street looking for jobs last season and into this season, with Chad Clifton (suffering through an injury-plagued season) the lone real exception.

Chad Clifton, Mike Gandy, Brandon Gorin, Cornell Green, Artis Hicks, Jon Jansen, Levi Jones, Scott Kooistra, Damion McIntosh, Tony Pashos, Ephraim Salaam, Barry Sims, Mark Tauscher, Langston Walker, Mike Williams.
Guards

What if interior linemen are more your thing? Okay, here's all the guards and centers. Again, hard to find someone you can count on to be a solid starter at this point. Kevin Mawae is the stud of the bunch, but he's 38.

Eugene Amano, Jeremy Bridges, Damion Cook, Kynan Forney, Rex Hadnot, Ben Hamilton, Russ Hochstein, Montrae Holland, Stephen Neal, Chester Pitts, Tutan Reyes, Ryan Tucker, Keydrick Vincent, Bobbie Williams, Billy Yates.

Centers

Nick Leckey, Kevin Mawae, Seth McKinney, Dennis Norman, Wade Smith, John Wade.

philfree
11-20-2009, 02:35 PM
Nothing wrong with that. O-linemen don't have to be taken high.

We'd better take o line high and low if we are really going to try and fix it. Not with our 1st pick but with one of seconds or are third and then with one or two of our fifths.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 02:36 PM
That could be a possibility if we do some work in FA. We could go out and get Logan Mankins to play the RG position. If O'Callaghan can some how improve this year....then he might be able to work at RT next year. We could easily grab a center in the 4th round.

I really think that the RG position is Colin Brown's to lose next year

The Franchise
11-20-2009, 02:37 PM

Even better.

Well honestly it could get even better. Harris could actually take over Water's spot as well.

Direckshun

I think so, too.

Chiefnj2
Using that latest draft:
1. Berry.
2a. Hughes or Graham.
2b. Spikes or Iupati
3. Johnson/Williams/Gilyard.

You could easily get through the first 3 rounds without addressing the OL which wouldn't be good.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 02:38 PM
We'd better take o line high and low if we are really going to try and fix it. Not with our 1st pick but with one of seconds or are third and then with one or two of our fifths.

I think that center is the biggest need on the O-line right now and it's possible that O'Dowd will be there with the late second pick. He'll likely be there with the first second round pick, unless he skyrockets up the boards after the combine.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 02:39 PM
Even better.

Well honestly it could get even better. Harris could actually take over Water's spot as well.

Absolutely.

I'd love to see Albert/Harris/Draft Choice/Brown/Draft Choice.

The question is does Haley have the balls to do that? Stick Cassel out there behind a young offensive line?

The Franchise
11-20-2009, 02:41 PM
Absolutely.

The question is does Haley have the balls to do that? Stick Cassel out there behind a young offensive line?

Does he have a choice?

If he walks out this offensive line next year:

Albert/Waters/Niswanger/Goff/O'Callaghan

Then Cassel is going to get killed.....and Haley is going to get fired. He HAS to know that the offensive line has to change next year. Goff is done. Waters is on his last legs and Niswanger doesn't deserve the starting spot.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 02:46 PM
Does he have a choice?

If he walks out this offensive line next year:

Albert/Waters/Niswanger/Goff/O'Callaghan

Then Cassel is going to get killed.....and Haley is going to get fired. He HAS to know that the offensive line has to change next year. Goff is done. Waters is on his last legs and Niswanger doesn't deserve the starting spot.

While I'm in total agreement with your supposition, the mere fact that Goof started 8 games while Allemen and NSukwe were picking splinters out their respective asses makes me wonder.

Oh, and the fact that Wade Smith is clearly the most athletic center (and probably right guard and tackle), yet he's relegated to the bench, week in and week out.

I'm not backing Haley's vision with the O-line to this point.

philfree
11-20-2009, 02:47 PM
Absolutely.

It couldn't be any worse then this years line. And if they put that same line on the field ticket sales will drop like a rock. For the sake of the franchise they have to address the o line.

keg in kc
11-20-2009, 02:51 PM
The question is does Haley have the balls to do that? Stick Cassel out there behind a young offensive line?That's a rhetorical question, right? I think the balls question has already been answered. I mean, the guy's already been sacked, what, 30 times in half a season (out week 1...)? How much worse would a young offensive line be, assuming it was a young line with some talent...

OnTheWarpath15
11-20-2009, 02:54 PM

I sure as hell hope so. I'd like to see something come out of this past draft other than a fucking kicker.

Sad when the guy taken 256th overall is making more of an impact than any of our other draft choices or FA acquisitions.

philfree
11-20-2009, 02:58 PM
I sure as hell hope so. I'd like to see something come out of this past draft other than a ****ing kicker.

Sad when the guy taken 256th overall is making more of an impact than any of our other draft choices or FA acquisitions.

We did also get a starting DE and a QB with our 1st two picks. The jury is still out however.

OnTheWarpath15
11-20-2009, 02:59 PM
We did also get a starting DE and a QB with our 1st two picks. The jury is still out however.

Like I said, sad when the guy taken 256th overall is making more of an impact than any of our other draft choices or FA acquisitions.

philfree
11-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Like I said, sad when the guy taken 256th overall is making more of an impact than any of our other draft choices or FA acquisitions.

We appear to have found a kicker but I'm not sure if his overall impact is really that great. Alright it's sad...

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 03:08 PM
It couldn't be any worse then this years line. And if they put that same line on the field ticket sales will drop like a rock. For the sake of the franchise they have to address the o line.

That's a rhetorical question, right? I think the balls question has already been answered. I mean, the guy's already been sacked, what, 30 times in half a season (out week 1...)? How much worse would a young offensive line be, assuming it was a young line with some talent...

It's a philosophical question.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 03:15 PM
I sure as hell hope so. I'd like to see something come out of this past draft other than a fucking kicker.

Do you realize that Wallace Gilberry, a rookie free agent defensive end from Alabama that was signed off of the Giants practice squad last season, has had a greater impact than the number three overall, $28 million dollar man, Tyson Jackson?

Ty Jack has 11 solo tackles this season and no sacks.

Gilberry, in limited duty, has 13 solo tackles and 3.5 sacks.

That's some stellar personnel decision making by Pioli.

The Franchise
11-20-2009, 03:17 PM
Do you realize that Wallace Gilberry, a rookie free agent defensive end from Alabama that was signed off of the Giants practice squad last season, has had a greater impact than the number three overall, $28 million dollar man, Tyson Jackson?

Yeah but isn't Gilberry in mostly on passing downs....in the Nickle or Dime packages?

Chiefnj2
11-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Yeah but isn't Gilberry in mostly on passing downs....in the Nickle or Dime packages?

Yes. It is kind of sad that KC's top 5 player is a 2 down lineman right now.

OnTheWarpath15
11-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Yes. It is kind of sad that KC's top 5 player is a 2 down lineman right now.

Damn, beat me to it.

philfree
11-20-2009, 03:28 PM

Different production from different positions. Gilberry probably got his sacks because Jackson was tying up the blockers. Sriously speaking it's just to soon to judge Jackson.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 03:35 PM
Different production from different positions. Gilberry probably got his sacks because Jackson was tying up the blockers. Sriously speaking it's just to soon to judge Jackson.

Uh, no.

Gilberry plays DE, not NT.

Same position as TyJack.

As a matter of fact, I saw more Gilberry and Magee on the field this past weekend than Dorsey and Jackson.

Mr. Laz
11-20-2009, 03:46 PM
Does somebody from Walter's post here?

OnTheWarpath15
11-20-2009, 03:47 PM
Does somebody from Walter's post here?

I've never seen Walter or Matt here.

There are some people here that post on their forums, I think.

philfree
11-20-2009, 04:05 PM
Uh, no.

Gilberry plays DE, not NT.

Same position as TyJack.

As a matter of fact, I saw more Gilberry and Magee on the field this past weekend than Dorsey and Jackson.

I don't think Jackson and Gilberry are being asked to do the same things. Didn't Magee get a sack against the Raiders?

Mr. Laz
11-20-2009, 04:14 PM
Didn't Magee get a sack against the Raiders?

yes

The Bad Guy
11-20-2009, 04:23 PM
I really think some of you thought Tyson Jackson was going to come in here and get double digit sacks.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 04:25 PM
I don't think Jackson and Gilberry are being asked to do the same things. Didn't Magee get a sack against the Raiders?

Of course they are and yes, Magee got a sack.

Gilberry was credited with a half sack against the Raiders.

The Franchise
11-20-2009, 04:28 PM
I really think some of you thought Tyson Jackson was going to come in here and get double digit sacks.

He's doing what I expected him to do.......be a 3-4 DE.

OnTheWarpath15
11-20-2009, 04:28 PM
I really think some of you thought Tyson Jackson was going to come in here and get double digit tackles.

FYP.

And it only took him 10 games.

TO THE PADDLE WHEELER!

The Franchise
11-20-2009, 04:29 PM
Of course they are and yes, Magee got a sack.

Gilberry was credited with a half sack against the Raiders.

Is Gilberry being used as a 3-4 DE? Or is he coming on on obvious passing downs as a 4-3 DE?

CaliforniaChief
11-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Still too early to say Jackson was a bust, but you'd hope for more production out of the third overall player taken. I really don't know the answer to this question, but how is Jackson's first year comparing to Dorsey's first year so far?

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Is Gilberry being used as a 3-4 DE? Or is he coming on on obvious passing downs as a 4-3 DE?

Every time I noticed him this past weekend, he was playing in a 3-4 defense with Magee on the opposite end.

DaneMcCloud
11-20-2009, 04:34 PM
Still too early to say Jackson was a bust, but you'd hope for more production out of the third overall player taken. I really don't know the answer to this question, but how is Jackson's first year comparing to Dorsey's first year so far?

Not even close, IMO.

Dorsey actually had a fine rookie season, despite playing out of position.

CaliforniaChief
11-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Jackson looked better against the Jaguars, but disappointed against Oakland (the missed tackle on the long run by M.Bush) and like you said, Dane...really wasn't on the field much in the 4th.

CaliforniaChief
11-21-2009, 12:39 PM
I posted this over at Draft Planet, but I wanted some feedback on this: what do you guys think about taking Toby Gerhart, the big RB from Stanford, with our Gonzalez pick or 3rd round choice?

He's a bruiser who can be lethal in the red zone...seems like a perfect counter-balance to Charles' lightning-quick speed.

soundmind
11-21-2009, 12:54 PM
Wow...I don't know that anyone clicked through the actual "player evaluations" from Mr. McGuire on that site, but wow. The knocks on Taylor Mays are equal to his positives. And Berry's list is lopsided to the "must draft" side...I found the cons on the USC kid the most interesting though.

Knocks on Mays:

1. Takes false steps in coverage and poor angles.
2. Lacks instincts.
3. Zero ball skills. *Wow. That f*cking hurts.
4. Not much of a playmaker. *And yet predicted to be drafted in the top 10?
5. Poor tackling technique; throws body around without using arms/hands to wrap up. *That I have heard plenty about, concerning Mr. Mays.
6. Hasn't improved his weaknesses going back to sophomore season. *Another burn, is there a better predictor?
7. Occasionally not in position.
8. Plays out of control.
9. More of an athlete than a football player. *Wasn't this the knock on Orakpo last year too?

Quesadilla Joe
11-21-2009, 12:59 PM
Even though I am happy with Kyle Orton I would love it if Sam Bradford fell to Denver in the draft and would draft him in a millisecond. :drool:

the Talking Can
11-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Even though I am happy with Kyle Orton I would love it if Sam Bradford fell to Denver in the draft and would draft him in a millisecond. :drool:

we'd love it more than you

Quesadilla Joe
11-21-2009, 01:18 PM
we'd love it more than you

He has been compared to Matt Ryan by a lot of people. He should be a top 5 pick though so unless Chicago loses the rest of their games we won't get him.

soundmind
11-21-2009, 01:18 PM

Won't happen. I see the possibility of the Bills, Seahawks, maybe Tennessee drafting QBs as being pretty damn high.

the Talking Can
11-21-2009, 01:21 PM
He has been compared to Matt Ryan by a lot of people. He should be a top 5 pick though so unless Chicago loses the rest of their games we won't get him.

i'd be shocked if a spread QB with a bum shoulder and Croyle-like build is anything like Ryan, who played pro set without an all NFL OL and WRs.....

but hey, good luck...i'm rooting for you, for once

Quesadilla Joe
11-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Won't happen. I see the possibility of the Bills, Seahawks, maybe Tennessee drafting QBs as being pretty damn high.

The Bills and Seahawks need a lot of help on the offensive line and I don't know if they will give up on the QB's they have.

I seriously doubt Bradford falls anywhere near where Denver will be picking though.

The Bad Guy
11-21-2009, 01:32 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, in Sam Bradford's game that translates to anything Matt Ryan does.

Quesadilla Joe
11-21-2009, 01:37 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING.

There is nothing, absolutely nothing, in Sam Bradford's game that translates to anything Matt Ryan does.

I have had 3 different execs tell me that Bradford's makeup is identical to Matt Ryan... Leader/winner, makes others better
https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/5861826762

The Bad Guy
11-21-2009, 01:39 PM
https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/5861826762

Yeah, good source.

Any retard can go on Twitter and say they talked to 3 no named execs that think Ryan is like Bradford.

Watch some football instead of fanboy trolling on twitter to find someone make a ridiculous statement that you take as gospel.

Quesadilla Joe
11-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Yeah, good source.

Any retard can go on Twitter and say they talked to 3 no named execs that think Ryan is like Bradford.

Watch some football instead of fanboy trolling on twitter to find someone make a ridiculous statement that you take as gospel.

This guy isn't some retard he has been an NFL scout for 6 years.

Didn't most people think that Bradford would be the No 1 overall pick had he came out last year?

The Bad Guy
11-21-2009, 01:46 PM
This guy isn't some retard he has been an NFL scout for 6 years.

Didn't most people think that Bradford would be the No 1 overall pick had he came out last year?

Yeah, and NFL scouts are typically going to show their hand via twitter.

Apples and oranges. That draft last year was horrid. Bradford now has a concerning injury, and this draft class is much, much stronger.

Quesadilla Joe
11-21-2009, 01:50 PM
Yeah, and NFL scouts are typically going to show their hand via twitter.

Apples and oranges. That draft last year was horrid. Bradford now has a concerning injury, and this draft class is much, much stronger.
He got let go by Mangini when he came to Cleveland and he doesn't work for anyone right now.

I have heard this is one of the strongest classes in years. I still wouldn't be surprised to see Bradford go in the top 10.

ChiefsCountry
11-21-2009, 03:50 PM
That draft last year was horrid. Bradford now has a concerning injury, and this draft class is much, much stronger.

Not QB wise, Stafford and Sanchez are way better than anything this year.
Posted via Mobile Device

RustShack
11-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Bradford probably wont even go in the first round.

BossChief
11-21-2009, 04:27 PM
Bradford probably wont even go in the first round.
WTF makes you think that? To me its a foolish statement.

If he did fall to the second I would be pissed if we didnt draft him.

Mr. Laz
11-21-2009, 07:23 PM
this

eazyb81
11-21-2009, 07:26 PM
The Bills and Seahawks need a lot of help on the offensive line and I don't know if they will give up on the QB's they have.

I seriously doubt Bradford falls anywhere near where Denver will be picking though.

What QB would the Bills not give up on? Edwards, who has been benched? Fitzpatrick, who has sucked since coming in for Edwards? Or Brohm, who was just signed off the practice squad?

Buffalo is in desperate need of a QB, and I'm sure a new coach would jump at the chance to draft a top one in the 1st.

milkman
11-21-2009, 07:31 PM

The Bills are starting 4 rookies on the O-Line, all of whom have very good upside, so no, they don't need a lot of help on that line.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2009, 07:40 PM

Agreed. I saw that and I was like "huh"?

These guys think that just because LJ is gone that we need to replace him post-haste?

Meh. We picked an RB last year(Williams); is he even on the roster still?

milkman
11-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Agreed. I saw that and I was like "huh"?

These guys think that just because LJ is gone that we need to replace him post-haste?

Meh. We picked an RB last year(Williams); is he even on the roster still?

Practice squad.

bigbucks24
11-21-2009, 08:06 PM
If you want that....then I'd rather see them go out and sign Franklin (NT, 49ers)....he'll be cheaper than Wilfork and he can share time with Williams.

I think I read that the 49ers will probably slap the franchise tag on Franklin.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2009, 10:49 PM
Practice squad.

Do they plan to develop him, or is he just fodder? I mean, I know you don't know what's in their heads over there, but maybe you heard or can remember something pertaining to him?

DaneMcCloud
11-21-2009, 10:50 PM
Do they plan to develop him, or is he just fodder? I mean, I know you don't know what's in their heads over there, but maybe you heard or can remember something pertaining to him?

I haven't read a single peep about him.

Good ol' KC reporters.

CaliforniaChief
11-21-2009, 10:55 PM
Just another note on Gerhart...even though Stanford lost tonight, he had 20 carries, 136 yards rushing, 1 catch for 29 yards, and 4 TD's. His long run was 61 yards for a TD. He's 6'1", 235 pounds. I'm telling you, he would be a great change up to Charles...and could probably be had in the late 2nd/early 3rd.

BossChief
11-21-2009, 10:55 PM
heres a cool website with a bunch of Berry vids, pics and info.

http://www.ericberryforheisman.com/

RustShack
11-21-2009, 10:59 PM
Just another note on Gerhart...even though Stanford lost tonight, he had 20 carries, 136 yards rushing, 1 catch for 29 yards, and 4 TD's. His long run was 61 yards for a TD. He's 6'1", 235 pounds. I'm telling you, he would be a great change up to Charles...and could probably be had in the late 2nd/early 3rd.

Have you seen him? Hes white.

CaliforniaChief
11-21-2009, 11:01 PM
Have you seen him? Hes white.

And yet he's fast enough to outrun the entire Cal secondary. He's a red zone beast. And he can't be a moran, you know, Stanford and all.

RustShack
11-21-2009, 11:03 PM
And he can't be a moran, you know, Stanford and all.

And because hes not black.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2009, 11:06 PM
I haven't read a single peep about him.

Good ol' KC reporters.

LMAO

CaliforniaChief
11-21-2009, 11:14 PM
I'm sure there are better scouting videos on Gerhart, but here's something I found.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nOCKIwYzkV0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nOCKIwYzkV0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kyle DeLexus
11-21-2009, 11:27 PM
I wouldn't mind us taking a RB in the late 2nd-5th but with the holes on our team and the talent on the defense this year it wouldn't be my first choice.

BossChief
11-21-2009, 11:31 PM
If we take a running back before at least one olinemen, I might blow a fuse.

Toby was like: KUNTA KINTE!! In that vid

KCChiefsMan
11-21-2009, 11:36 PM
taking a NT named Dan Williams would be a very bad omen

CaliforniaChief
11-22-2009, 12:13 AM
I wouldn't mind us taking a RB in the late 2nd-5th but with the holes on our team and the talent on the defense this year it wouldn't be my first choice.

And I'm not advocating him as a 1st round choice. Like I said before, I think he can be had with our late 2nd rounder/early 3rd. I just think it would be nice to get a big bruiser to have in the red zone and in short yardage situations.

Kyle DeLexus
11-22-2009, 12:23 AM
And I'm not advocating him as a 1st round choice. Like I said before, I think he can be had with our late 2nd rounder/early 3rd. I just think it would be nice to get a big bruiser to have in the red zone and in short yardage situations.

Well by first choice I meant first choice in those rounds. I would go Defense and Oline unless you have a RB graded high thats a complete steal fall to you.

That comment wasn't really directed at you more at the mock, but like I said, I wouldn't mind us taking a RB. We could use all the weapons on offense we can get.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-22-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm sure there are better scouting videos on Gerhart, but here's something I found.

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nOCKIwYzkV0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425"></object>

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/a/amazed_dog-11947.jpg

Jeezus; it's Ed McCaffery at Halfback!

http://bowza.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/amazed.jpg

"That dude does not run like a white boy", says amazed Baby-Tang.

Toad
11-22-2009, 02:30 PM
I think that center is the biggest need on the O-line right now and it's possible that O'Dowd will be there with the late second pick. He'll likely be there with the first second round pick, unless he skyrockets up the boards after the combine.

I like O'Dowd as well with the late 2nd (if he lasts). I think we have to draft a center. Isn't Niswager a FA this year? Even if not, I cannot stomach watching him man that spot past this year.