PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Never forgive King Carl

Hammock Parties
11-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Never.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2r49EMRvkw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/L2r49EMRvkw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

kcxiv
11-20-2009, 11:00 PM
Yep, turned into the best DE in the game and he was fucking traded.

I was never and will never forgive him for that. shit set us back imo.

CosmicPal
11-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Had he remained with this team, he'd be so depressed he'd start drinking again, get busted, and be done for the year.

Still though, I miss him. :(

Sure-Oz
11-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Im sure he'd be used wrong here and become worthless like Aaron Kampman in GB now

BossChief
11-20-2009, 11:32 PM
sorry, but repost.

Still fun to watch again though.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=217971&highlight=jared

chiefzilla1501
11-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Yep, turned into the best DE in the game and he was ****ing traded.

I was never and will never forgive him for that. shit set us back imo.

You have to wonder how many free agents he pissed off with the same lowball approach he used on Allen. I'm sure a lot of free agents told him to fuck off before they even booked a flight to KC.

The Samari Rolle incident still stings. Whether it would have been a good or bad signing, it really exposed Peterson for being an absolute snake.

BossChief
11-20-2009, 11:36 PM
You have to wonder how many free agents he pissed off with the same lowball approach he used on Allen. I'm sure a lot of free agents told him to **** off before they even booked a flight to KC.

The Samari Rolle incident still stings. Whether it would have been a good or bad signing, it really exposed Peterson for being an absolute snake.

CP was worthless, but he didnt lowball JA. He simply offered him the Franchise deal and wouldnt budge. Huge blunder. He never understood how to treat elite talent. When you have a dominant pass rusher, you treat him like you treat a qb, he is almost as important to your teams success.

Samari Rolle failed a physical iirc, he had a narrowing of the spine and was a huge risk for that much cash. Should have signed Ty Law and traded for Surtain in 2005, we might have done something in the playoffs that year if he had.

CP should have been fired after how he handled firing Gunther in 2000, but the Hunts are loyal to a fault.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-20-2009, 11:41 PM
Losing JA will ALWAYS be remembered as this franchises worst decesion. Period!

BossChief
11-20-2009, 11:43 PM

this, what makes it worse is that we wouldnt spend on him long term, but did so with LJ. just pitifull

-King-
11-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Im sure he'd be used wrong here and become worthless like Aaron Kampman in GB now

We wouldn't switch to a 3-4 with JA here.

DaKernal
11-20-2009, 11:49 PM

This.

chiefzilla1501
11-20-2009, 11:57 PM
CP was worthless, but he didnt lowball JA. He simply offered him the Franchise deal and wouldnt budge. Huge blunder. He never understood how to treat elite talent. When you have a dominant pass rusher, you treat him like you treat a qb, he is almost as important to your teams success.

Samari Rolle failed a physical iirc, he had a narrowing of the spine and was a huge risk for that much cash. Should have signed Ty Law and traded for Surtain in 2005, we might have done something in the playoffs that year if he had.

CP should have been fired after how he handled firing Gunther in 2000, but the Hunts are loyal to a fault.

Allen specifically told CP not to throw the tag on him. CP did it anyway. Allen made it clear he didn't want to play for a franchise tag contract. He wanted a long-term deal. In negotiating a long-term deal, CP lowballed Allen to what was reportedly an insultingly low offer. Not even remotely close to the neighborhood of Freeney money. Allegedly, his agent continually tried to call CP and never got an answer. In the meantime, CP threw the label "at risk" out there obviously as a means of driving Allen's trade value down. It was a snake-like tactic.

And Samari Rolle did NOT fail a physical. The Chiefs publicly made an issue of the spine injury, and then made an aggressive effort to sign him. Hmmm.....

In both cases, CP was a snake. He publicly insulted both of those two players to drive their values down. There's a reason why free agents didn't want to sign in KC.

-King-
11-21-2009, 12:00 AM
This.

Not this. With JA here, there would have been no reason to go to a 3-4. And with JA here, Hali was actually productive.

God....fuck CP.

Easy 6
11-21-2009, 12:03 AM
Me = Doyle getting things straight between Carl, you snot nosed kids & i...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fS1kaSkPdWM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fS1kaSkPdWM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Not this. With JA here, there would have been no reason to go to a 3-4. And with JA here, Hali was actually productive.

God....fuck CP.

But...but...we might not have been able to name Clancy DC if we'd gone that route!

BigMeatballDave
11-21-2009, 12:07 AM
CP should have been fired after how he handled firing Gunther in 2000, but the Hunts are loyal to a fault.He never should have promoted Gun the start with.

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2009, 12:12 AM
"I might cut it some day when I DIE".

ROFL

It's a fucking shame. Players like that in a transition like ours can give you someone to look to, someone you know is going to help the process along and make sure the youngin's understand what your franchise is all about.

Allen or Vrabel as "the vet"? Are you fucking kidding me? There is NO contest.

RustShack
11-21-2009, 12:20 AM

Yes we would have. We didn't switch to the 3-4 because we had the players for it, we switched to it because thats what Pioli and Haley run.. thats just the defense the Parcells tree uses.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
11-21-2009, 12:27 AM
I never thought GoChiefs would repost

Cosmos
11-21-2009, 12:34 AM
I could swear JA was an alcoholic and was one strike away from a long suspension and we were afraid to give him the money and years he wanted.

Which is it?

Pitt Gorilla
11-21-2009, 12:36 AM
Well done, Jared.

teedubya
11-21-2009, 12:41 AM
Im pretty sure I have seen this before...

oh yeah

<---

L.A. Chieffan
11-21-2009, 01:52 AM
WHAT??

Trading Jared was a GREAT idea, just ask the people in this thread:

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=158778

Hammock Parties
11-21-2009, 02:13 AM
I could swear JA was an alcoholic and was one strike away from a long suspension and we were afraid to give him the money and years he wanted.

Which is it?

If it looks like a duck, smells like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a fucking DUCK:

http://www.studyofsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/carl_d_peterson.jpeg

Sure-Oz
11-21-2009, 02:14 AM

This regime probably would've anyway

Tactical Funky
11-21-2009, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the memories, Carl! :cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss::cuss:

KCChiefsMan
11-21-2009, 02:36 AM
ya, you cannot trade a franchise player like Allen away. We were all pretty excited about the deal we got at the time, hindsight is 20/20. But unless Albert eventually turns into a franchise LT, we are going to be pissed about this forever.

Rausch
11-21-2009, 02:39 AM
I think we should keep a list of "franchise players" drafted under Carl and Pioli.

Once/if Pioli tops Carl I'll up the shut fuck on this forever.

KCChiefsMan
11-21-2009, 02:45 AM
I think we should keep a list of "franchise players" drafted under Carl and Pioli.

Once/if Pioli tops Carl I'll up the shut **** on this forever.

Carl with what was it, 18 years???

DT
Neil Smith
Will Shields
Tony Gonzalez

I'll put some money down that Pioli will have more than 4 if he's around in 18 years

swayy07
11-21-2009, 03:05 AM
it kind of makes me wonder where we would be at today if we didnt trade away JA... hali was productive when JA was here which would have steered us away from drafting dorsey and TJackson. we might ahve refreshed our o-line and still had a competitive team in general...oh how the face of a franchise can change with just one trade..fuckin carl you slay me

Rausch
11-21-2009, 03:10 AM

DT
Neil Smith
Will Shields
Tony Gonzalez

I'll put some money down that Pioli will have more than 4 if he's around in 18 years

That's three HOF players.

Fuck Neil Smith. Fuck him in the windy Sahara without lube.

I'd argue Kimble Anders was a franchise player.
Dale Carter was a franchise player.
Donnie Edwards was.

Etc.

kcxiv
11-21-2009, 03:36 AM
WHAT??

lol, i was wrong in that thread, but i didnt want to trade him. I just didnt think anyone would give use what they wanted and i didnt think the other team would offer him big money. I was so wrong by that, but i didnt like the trade. When it happened, i was like welp i hope them picks get put to good use.

Yeah, ok

Rausch
11-21-2009, 04:02 AM
WHAT??

I can understand the Chiefs not wanting to drop big money on a guy with off the field problems.

I can also understand that it's ****ing stupid if you don't find some way to retain your most productive player on defense the last three years...

Yeah, that's still pretty much how I feel...

kcfanXIII
11-21-2009, 04:57 AM
i always thought his drinking problems were overblown. he got nailed for a couple of dui's. with a fat contract, he could have afforded to hire a driver. i threatened to change my dogs name, i was so angry that he got traded. it felt like the day beltran was traded. wow, replace a super star with a few scrubs, and this makes your team better how? stupid fucking management... end rant.

kcxiv
11-21-2009, 05:10 AM
i always thought his drinking problems were overblown. he got nailed for a couple of dui's. with a fat contract, he could have afforded to hire a driver. i threatened to change my dogs name, i was so angry that he got traded. it felt like the day beltran was traded. wow, replace a super star with a few scrubs, and this makes your team better how? stupid ****ing management... end rant.

lol, Well the Chiefs could have afforded Allen. Everyone wants out of Royals baseball asap. IMO, its a whole different thing. We all know the ROyals do not have and will not have the money to ever be competitive, the Chiefs do. I want mY Dodgers to get Greinke asap. lol

kcfanXIII
11-21-2009, 05:26 AM
lol, Well the Chiefs could have afforded Allen. Everyone wants out of Royals baseball asap. IMO, its a whole different thing. We all know the ROyals do not have and will not have the money to ever be competitive, the Chiefs do. I want mY Dodgers to get Greinke asap. lol

glass has walmart money. he has the money to spend. the most fucked up thing is if he'd invested in the team, and retained the talent that was here, the royals would be competitive right now. and i guarantee if the team was winning that stadium would be packed and glass would be seeing positive returns on his investment.

as for your big market dodgers, you and the fucking yankees, and the fucking bosox and every other big market can go fuck yourselves. stop stealing our talent.

PRIEST
11-21-2009, 06:22 AM

This :cuss:

milkman
11-21-2009, 07:01 AM

Which is it?

Apparently, it's both.

Just pick the one that fits your argument the best on a given day.

milkman
11-21-2009, 07:04 AM

DT
Neil Smith
Will Shields
Tony Gonzalez

Niel Smith was drafted by Jack Steadman the year before Carl took over, and TEs, even the greatest ever, are not franchise players, and neither are guards.

milkman
11-21-2009, 07:08 AM
That's three HOF players.

**** Neil Smith. **** him in the windy Sahara without lube.

I'd argue Kimble Anders was a franchise player.
Dale Carter was a franchise player.
Donnie Edwards was.

Etc.

Rausch, Kimble Anders was a hell of a FB, but FBs are not franchise players, and Donnie Edwards was just a good coverage LB.

He was every bit the franchise player that Mike Mazlowski was.

Slainte
11-21-2009, 07:13 AM
He was every bit the franchise player that Bill Mazlowski was.

You mean Mike Maas?

milkman
11-21-2009, 07:16 AM
You mean Mike Maas?

:banghead:

Pioli Zombie
11-21-2009, 07:28 AM
You must forgive Carl as Jesus forgave us, otherwise you will not be forgiven and you will not inherit the Kingdom.
Forgive Carl or burn in hell for eternity.

Enjoy the game!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
11-21-2009, 01:33 PM
You must forgive Carl as Jesus forgave us, otherwise you will not be forgiven and you will not inherit the Kingdom.

Enjoy the game!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

No.

Frankie
11-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Yep, turned into the best DE in the game and he was ****ing traded.

While we had a rapidly descending RB who half of the NFL still foolishly considered one of the elite and CP kept him with a big undeserved contract. :banghead:

BillSelfsTrophycase
11-21-2009, 01:57 PM

Enjoy the game!!!!!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

Better turn up the heat then, cause it ain't happening

Phuck Carl :cuss:

kcxiv
11-22-2009, 01:57 AM
Rausch, Kimble Anders was a hell of a FB, but FBs are not franchise players, and Donnie Edwards was just a good coverage LB.

He was every bit the franchise player that Mike Mazlowski was.

You know whats the most fucked up this about this. Maz was out MLB and ever since he went down, this defense has NOT been the same. Its been what 6 years now and we stilll suck. I remember we were like what 12th in the league, then he went down in game 8 i believe and we have sucked since.

BossChief
11-22-2009, 04:44 AM
You know whats the most ****ed up this about this. Maz was out MLB and ever since he went down, this defense has NOT been the same. Its been what 6 years now and we stilll suck. I remember we were like what 12th in the league, then he went down in game 8 i believe and we have sucked since.

it all went downhill when Chad Johnson "guaranteed" victory in our tenth game.

We built our defense back to being well on its way to being a good unit and then CP traded JA and let Jimmy Wilkerson walk.

It's no mistake CP could find no work in the NFL after he wore out his welcome here.