PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Please say a prayer for my niece

Fat Elvis
11-20-2009, 11:33 PM
My niece is 33 years old, married with a four year old daughter. She just found out that she has cancer again. This is the third time in four years. Last time she had a double mastectomy and hysterectomy with the hopes that she wouldn't have to worry about it again. The cancer appeared on one of her reconstructed breasts, apparently. This is awful hard for the family to go through again. She is a strong woman and a fighter, but the family (and her) could use all the extra strength she could get right now.

Thanks

Fat E

CaliforniaChief
11-20-2009, 11:40 PM
Wow, that is devastating news. I am praying for her and the whole family.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Terrible, In my prayers.

Dartgod
11-20-2009, 11:54 PM
Absolutely!

big nasty kcnut
11-21-2009, 01:46 AM
Done
Posted via Mobile Device

Frankie
11-21-2009, 01:50 AM
Fariba and I send our warmest thoughts to you and your family. We pray your niece will recover from this and have a long and happy life. Be strong, my friend.

bevischief
11-21-2009, 07:46 AM
Done.

RJ
11-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Wow, how sad. Prayers for your niece and her family, FE. Hope she's doing better soon.

Bwana
11-21-2009, 09:00 AM
Done, all my best to her and her family.

cdcox
11-21-2009, 10:57 AM
That is really rough. Prayers said. God bless.

morphius
11-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Wow, having to deal with it that many times, her and her family will be in my prayers.

teedubya
11-21-2009, 03:22 PM
If you have a picture of her... or her name... the prayers will find her more easily.

I will pray as soon as I know who they are going to. Much love to her and your family.

GloryDayz
11-21-2009, 07:12 PM
My niece is 33 years old, married with a four year old daughter. She just found out that she has cancer again. This is the third time in four years. Last time she had a double mastectomy and hysterectomy with the hopes that she wouldn't have to worry about it again. The cancer appeared on one of her reconstructed breasts, apparently. This is awful hard for the family to go through again. She is a strong woman and a fighter, but the family (and her) could use all the extra strength she could get right now.

Thanks

Fat E

My prayer has been said. Tell them to hang in there...

Fat Elvis
11-21-2009, 10:05 PM
If you have a picture of her... or her name... the prayers will find her more easily.

I will pray as soon as I know who they are going to. Much love to her and your family.

Jamie

Dayze
11-22-2009, 11:02 AM
you got it Holmes.

seclark
11-22-2009, 01:10 PM
done. thoughts & prayers for your niece, fe
sec

memyselfI
11-22-2009, 01:23 PM
My best wishes to your niece.

PhillyChiefFan
11-22-2009, 03:52 PM
Terrible, I'm very sorry.

Prayers and good thoughts your family's way.

ROYC75
11-22-2009, 07:31 PM
You have our prayers and good thoughts, God Bless.

soopamanluva
11-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Sorry to hear that. Will keep your fam in my prayers

chasedude
11-22-2009, 11:05 PM
33 is too young to mess with these problems. She's in my thoughts, hoping she can fight it again.

Rain Man
11-23-2009, 12:07 AM
Sorry to hear about this. Hopefully she'll come through okay.

Earthling
11-23-2009, 08:00 AM
Prayers and good thoughts sent. Hope all goes well...

Lumpy
11-23-2009, 09:24 AM
Jamie will be in my thoughts.

patteeu
11-23-2009, 10:16 AM
Best wishes for your niece and her family.

Coach
11-23-2009, 01:06 PM
Prayers and thoughts are with you.

BIG_DADDY
11-23-2009, 02:58 PM
YOu got it brother

Fat Elvis
11-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Update: The cancer, apparently, has spread to some of her bones. They say it isn't curable and that the best that can be hoped for is remission. She has a four year old daughter. Please pray for the entire family.

Buehler445
11-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Update: The cancer, apparently, has spread to some of her bones. They say it isn't curable and that the best that can be hoped for is remission. She has a four year old daughter. Please pray for the entire family.

Jesus. Wow. My condolences.

Prayers sent.

patteeu
11-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Hoping for remission or, short of that, that the life she has left brings her family together for this difficult time. Sorry, Fat Elvis.

Mr. Kotter
11-24-2009, 12:04 AM
done, Fat Elvis...thoughts and prayers your way. :(

ChiTown
11-24-2009, 10:15 AM
Damn, that's horrible. Your niece and family will be in our prayers.

Simply Red
11-24-2009, 05:21 PM
for certain, my friend.

Pink Paradise 2010
11-25-2009, 12:00 AM
i will keep her and her family in my prayers :) i wish you the best

Fat Elvis
11-25-2009, 09:37 AM
Monday, November 23, 2009

I am leaving the title of this entry blank tonight for a lack of words. There is no easy way to say this so I will get to the point. My CT scan showed that there is a small area on my right hip that indicates bone deterioration. It is a very concerning spot that my oncologist and the radiologist both agree is most likely metastatic disease. This will be confirmed with a bone biopsy that is scheduled for Monday 11/30/09 at 11 am in Indy. I know this is a lot to digest, trust me I am still numb.... but let me break this down. My breast cancer has most likely spread outside of the breast and is in my blood stream, which has in turn allowed it to take up residence in my bones. If this is the case and the biopsy confirms that it is cancer in my bones- then I will be considered to have Stage 4- metastatic breast cancer. I know many of you say what does that mean. Well it means that our attempts to keep the cancer from spreading outside of my breast tissue where it originated have failed. We are now dealing with a disease that is roaming free in my body and needs to be stopped or put into remission. Being Stage 4 means that I no longer will look to cure my disease but to stabilize it and keep it from continuing to grow or spread any further then it already has. We will do this through as many avenues as possible- most of which are drugs that can be taken in either pill form or infused, as was my chemo I did early on. I will not go into the details right now as it is just too much for me to really process. Just know that we have a plan ready for whatever the biopsy tells us.

There is room for a miracle in that this biopsy comes back negative for cancer- but I am not going to give myself the pleasure of even thinking that is a possibility. I just cannot bear to be disappointed once again. We discussed at length our options and what to expect. A lot of this I will share with you in the days to come after we have had some time to comprehend it all. When I asked how long do I have he gave me an honest answer. The average life expectancy of a woman that has metastatic breast cancer is 3 years. Now that means some make it longer then 3 years and some do not make it 3 years. It all depends on how my specific cancer behaves with the drugs we throw at it. This is very very hard to stomach, but please understand that the more they learn about the disease the more that life expectancy average goes up. I know that this may seem like I am being very matter of fact- but unfortunately there is no sugar coating these facts. The longer we can keep this cancer in check the longer I get to stick around. I cannot say that my mind has completely absorbed this information. I feel like I am writing a story about someone else’s life right now. It is going to take me a while to really accept the reality of this news.

Looking back we have done everything we could possibly have done. I would have done nothing different and I don’t know that anything would have changed our final outcome. So I will not waste my mental wellness over what ifs and I ask that you take the same advice. What I need right now is to focus on the present and work on doing what we can for the now. Please realize that the decisions we make are the ones that will be most beneficial for our family and it’s immediate future. I know it is a very helpless feeling to be a part of this situation and everyone wants to help as much as they can.... but for now we just need to be together as a family and take strength in the people that surrounds us. As we get the rest of the answers we will be better equipped to help you all understand the situation better.

For now we have to dig deep and find the courage to continue our lives in a way that will allow our daughter to get the most of the time I have with her. I have to take a step back and really focus on the present as that is what we have and what we can control right now. Please know that I wish I could call each of you and tell you this news and answer all your questions.... but I just do not have it in me to tackle that task right now after what might have been the longest day and most likely the worst day of my life. I love you all and I am sending you hugs and kisses as you continue my journey with me as your friend/sister/daughter. Know that I have not changed with this news it’s just that I may not be able to stay for the long haul so let’s make it the best we can and not dwell on what we cannot change. If that is what is to come then I will be ready and know that I have done what I set out to do-, which is to have lived my life with no regrets. I intend to leave my baby girl with a memory of a mommy that she can be proud of when she grows up and can better understand all of this, lets just pray that time comes not sooner but later. For now I am going to make sure that the best times are ahead of us and that we take every opportunity we can to make it as wonderful as possible. I love you all and will be in touch via website in the next couple of days. Pray hard for a miracle and call in on those favors if you don’t mind. Bye for now...

Much love from the bottom of my aching heart-

Jamie

Lzen
11-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Will do.

DaFace
11-25-2009, 11:39 AM
Monday, November 23, 2009

Christ, that's heart wrenching. Best of luck for the best-possible outcome. :(

SDChiefs
11-25-2009, 12:04 PM
I hope all goes well and that she is able to fight it once again. She sounds like a strong woman and I hope that she can remain so. You have my prayers.

greg63
11-26-2009, 01:17 AM
Prayers up for Jamie and the family!

God Bless!

Halfcan
11-26-2009, 08:44 PM
Cancer is the worst-it has hit my family as well.

Best wishes to you and yours-God bless!!

Bowser
11-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Terrible. Well wishes are on the way.

MadMax
11-29-2009, 12:23 AM
God Bless brother and we wish the best, our prayers are with you and your family.