PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Team win.

The Bad Guy
11-22-2009, 03:31 PM
This is the first time in a long time that I can say that.

The offense got scores against a very good defense.

The defense got the necessary stops when they had to. Yeah, they gave up a ton of yards, but they did not break.

The special teams were huge.

It just feels good to win a game like this finally for the first time in over 3 years.

This is the type of game you build on. This is the type of game where after guys will really buy in. This can be a big turning point for this team and this franchise.

Are they perfect? No way. But despite a horrid offensive line, Brandon Carr, this team found a way to win against a SB champ.

Chris Chambers looks like a real steal, and we should definitely bring him back next year.

Please keep the negative thoughts out of this thread. I'd like to stay out of one pissing contest today and enjoy this win.

wild1
11-22-2009, 03:35 PM
This could be a turning point for the team, a win that gets guys to start buying into the message.

No coincidence that the team's biggest distraction is gone and their focus seems to be improving.

dirk digler
11-22-2009, 03:37 PM
This could be a turning point for the team, a win that gets guys to start buying into the message.

No coincidence that the team's biggest distraction is gone and their focus seems to be improving.

Definitely interesting that we have 2 wins since LJ has been gone

RINGLEADER
11-22-2009, 03:52 PM
I agree with this. The other thing that was nice to see is that the team made some big plays when they had to be made. We got a glimpse of the old Chiefs (Bradley drop) before the defense stood up and the offense did likewise.

Great win.

keg in kc
11-22-2009, 03:56 PM
I'd feel better about it being a turning-point win if they didn't play in San Diego next weekend. That's going to be a tough one. Hopefully they have a better showing than they did a month ago.

Fairplay
11-22-2009, 03:58 PM
I agree with you badguy.

The team needed this win badly.

OnTheWarpath15
11-22-2009, 04:01 PM
Posted this in the game thread, right after I got done doing my Tom Cruise dance on my couch. Barely beating bad Redskins and Raiders teams are one thing, this effort is one to be extremely proud of, and hopefully they can build on it.

Fucking wow. Just wow.

The first half was reminiscent of the Baltimore game, where we were just getting abused on the stat sheet, but had kept it close due to special teams and an INT return.

This time, they took the bully's best shot and won.

Easily Todd Haley's best called game. Cassel has some issues, but stepped up when it mattered most.

And the defense gave up a metric shit-ton of yards, but didn't break when they absolutely needed a stand.

Hopefully this is the breakthrough game this franchise desperately needs.

chiefs1111
11-22-2009, 04:02 PM
Very well said....

Psyko Tek
11-22-2009, 04:04 PM
HOMER
IF WE CAN WIN OUT MY TAKE THE DIVISION

it could happen
loved today

ncCHIEFfan
11-22-2009, 04:08 PM
Very well said....