PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Leonard Pope

vachief58
11-22-2009, 04:51 PM
What was up with Pope on Chamber's catch? Was he being held and looking for a flag or just trying not f-it up?

AZChief
11-22-2009, 04:52 PM
made a block and didn't want to get called for a block in the back...

NewChief
11-22-2009, 04:53 PM
He looked like he quit, and I wondered the same thing. I looked again, though, and it looks like he's knocked his defender out of the play and to the ground. The play is past him at that point, so he just sort of stands there. Looks weird that he doesn't continue and follow Chambers, but he'd definitely taken care of his man.

RustShack
11-22-2009, 04:53 PM
He threw a mother fucker down and isn't used to us getting big plays... honestly he probably assumed Chambers was running out of bounds.

keg in kc
11-22-2009, 04:55 PM
When the play was live I was like "fucking chambers, get that ball in the fucking end zone, running out of bounds like a pussy."

Then I had the vision of him getting all the way down inside the 5, trying to get into the endzone and fumbling it and thought "ah, yeah, probably a smarter move".

It was weird to not worry about the kicker fucking up. Any other year I'd have been like "oh shit, he's going to miss."

Priest31kc
11-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Pope>>>Ryan

BigMeatballDave
11-22-2009, 04:56 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009112205/2009/REG11/steelers@chiefs#tab:watch nevermind. Wrong link.

BigMeatballDave
11-22-2009, 04:57 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d814654cd/Chris-Chambers-61-yd-catch

vachief58
11-22-2009, 04:57 PM
He threw a mother ****er down and isn't used to us getting big plays... honestly he probably assumed Chambers was running out of bounds.

Yea, I thought he was either holding/blocking his man and pleading innocence or looking for a flag for illegal contact the way he threw his hands up.

On a another note, it looked like Chambers could have followed the block into the endzone, but ran out of gas (no tivo to replay, so don't know). Also, why not run a play to the middle of the field to help the ensuing field goal? Not to second guess a win or anything.

BigMeatballDave
11-22-2009, 04:58 PM
He made his block as Chambers went past him. His work was done...

CaliforniaChief
11-22-2009, 04:58 PM
Pope just drilled the guy. It was epic.

vachief58
11-22-2009, 04:59 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d814654cd/Chris-Chambers-61-yd-catch

Thanks

RustShack
11-22-2009, 05:01 PM
Can you miss a kick in the NFL and kick it again if its not 4th down?

SAUTO
11-22-2009, 05:05 PM
Can you miss a kick in the NFL and kick it again if its not 4th down?

nope, only if the snap is muffed, if u actually kick it no retry. IIRC
Posted via Mobile Device

keg in kc
11-22-2009, 05:06 PM
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2009112205/2009/REG11/steelers@chiefs#tab:watch nevermind. Wrong link.I enjoyed watching that as much now as I did two hours ago.

Sure-Oz
11-22-2009, 05:17 PM
he blew that steeler up lol

Rain Man
11-22-2009, 05:21 PM
If you watch the replay, he turned and his guy fell into him and a ref with a bad angle could've assume the guy was pulled down. Pope didn't want to get called for anything (and he didn't do anything).

I too thought it was weird that Chambers didn't push harder to get into the end zone. Maybe he was game-savvy enough to realize that we have the best kicker in the NFL, but it still seems like a football player would've pushed behind Wade's excellent blocking to try to get into the end zone. I'm not complaining, though.

TinyEvel
11-22-2009, 05:22 PM
LOL I was just gonna start a thread about this, watching it in slo-mo. Also, Why the heck did Chambers run OOB at the 4 instead of push for the goal and the EPIC WIN!!!!

(either way, I'll take it)

ALSO: Herm wants to kill himself just so he can roll over in his grave. TOO MANY POINTS!

58kcfan89
11-22-2009, 05:24 PM
LOL I was just gonna start a thread about this, watching it in slo-mo. Also, Why the heck did Chambers run OOB at the 4 instead of push for the goal and the EPIC WIN!!!!

ALSO: Herm wants to kill himself just so he can roll over in his grave. TOO MANY POINTS!

ROFL LMAO

Gawd, that was a great win. Haven't felt this good on a Sunday afternoon in a LOOONG time.

cabletech94
11-22-2009, 05:35 PM

That's goddamned Arena Football!

Chiefaholic
11-22-2009, 05:58 PM
I TIVO'ed the game and watched that play in slo-mo a couple of times. Pope was on the outside blocking his defender to the inside. Chambers ran to the inside of the block and it appeared to me that Pope was holding his defender with his right hand. There's no way in hell that Pope did anything that would throw his guy to the ground, and I assumed that the defender just flopped in hopes the side ref would call holding. Which is why Pope held both his hands in the air like he had nothing to do with his guy attempting to get a flag. If you watch the Tivo, you'll see the side ref point directly at Pope before running downfield with Chambers to see where he steps out.

As he got closer to the 5 yard line, the defender had the angle on Wade to the outside. Chambers would have been better off trying to cut to the inside and allow Wade to shove his guy into the endzone or out of bounds. But, we got the win reguardless and beat a team that we didn't stand a chance of beating on paper.

Today we won more than two games with a minimum of 22 guys off the street. Congrats to Pioli and Haley for getting off the ground floor and being the doormat of the NFL.

ShowtimeSBMVP
11-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Is this guy cut yet....

pr_capone
11-22-2011, 11:59 AM
Is this guy cut yet....

O'Connel is far and away a bigger problem at TE than Pope is.

Micjones
11-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Why do either he or Jake O'Connell still have jobs here?
I don't mind mistakes or negative plays...when there are positive plays to balance them out.
These two slubs do nothing positive for this team...EVER.