PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Interesting tidbit on Footbal Night In America

Marcellus
11-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Apparently the "shovel" pass play to Charles was installed this week because Haley saw something watching Steeler's game film that made him think it would work.

Cassel said when they called the play he knew it was going to be a TD.

Sully
11-22-2009, 06:29 PM
We are VERY lucky Pope didn't get called for PI on that play.

The Bad Guy
11-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Also about Pope. What the fuck was he doing when Chambers ran past him for the 65 yarder?

Marcellus
We are VERY lucky Pope didn't get called for PI on that play.

Yea but that doesn't mean it wouldn't have worked otherwise.

Hammock Parties
Haley = Bill Walsh

BigMeatballDave
11-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Also about Pope. What the **** was he doing when Chambers ran past him for the 65 yarder?Making a block...http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d814654cd/Chris-Chambers-61-yd-catch

Marcellus
11-22-2009, 06:33 PM
Also about Pope. What the **** was he doing when Chambers ran past him for the 65 yarder?

Making sure he didn't get an illegal block penalty.

I rewatched that play after the game and the most interesting thing I saw was it looked to me like a lot of Steeler players were dogging it chasing Chambers and gave up on the play.

The Bad Guy
11-22-2009, 06:35 PM
I know he made a block prior, but why was he just standing there after it? He could have ran down field.

I know that's nitpicking though.

Hammock Parties
11-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Making a block...http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d814654cd/Chris-Chambers-61-yd-catch

Interesting notes about this play:

Wade Smith almost blew it by failing to pick up a blitzer.

Cassel made a really great throw.

Chambers put a sick move on the safety. No chance.

Marcellus
11-22-2009, 06:37 PM
I know he made a block prior, but why was he just standing there after it? He could have ran down field.

I know that's nitpicking though.

Like I said, look at several of the Steeler defensive players. I would expect them to run their ass off in case of a fumble or whatever.

Tylerthigpen!1!
11-22-2009, 06:41 PM
shit you guys act like pope could have caught up with him. the guy is 6-8. he could have gotten called for unnecessary roughness if he tried to throw another block

BigMeatballDave
11-22-2009, 06:43 PM

I know that's nitpicking though.There was no one around for him to block. Had he started running, you know Chamgers would've just ran right past him.

Frazod
11-22-2009, 06:45 PM
It was also nice not to get dissed by these clowns. There wasn't any "how could they lose to the Chiefs?" crap.

Marcellus
11-22-2009, 06:48 PM
It was also nice not to get dissed by these clowns. There wasn't any "how could they lose to the Chiefs?" crap.

Hell I was impressed they took the time to talk about a KC coaching call that paid off.

Bane
Haley = Bill Walsh

Hell don't we all hope so!!!!!!:thumb:

TrickyNicky
Keith Olbermann still irks me. I can't stand to watch the Sunday highlight show just because of him.

Marcellus
11-22-2009, 06:58 PM
Keith Olbermann still irks me. I can't stand to watch the Sunday highlight show just because of him.

Yea, it's just a bunch of smartass comments. He must be a CP poster.

Jack
11-22-2009, 06:58 PM
All that matters is that for one brief shining moment today the Chiefs were not in last place. . .

Marcellus
11-22-2009, 06:59 PM
All that matters is that for one brief shining moment today the Chiefs were not in last place. . .

No shit go figure the Raiders win today.

BigMeatballDave
11-22-2009, 07:03 PM
OMFG They are STILL talking about the Colts/Pats game.

BigMeatballDave
11-22-2009, 07:34 PM
They threw Vick a bone...

RINGLEADER
11-22-2009, 08:17 PM
Also about Pope. What the **** was he doing when Chambers ran past him for the 65 yarder?

LOL...no doubt, I saw that on the replays...He's just standing there as the convoy blazes by...didn't know that was Pope though...

bowener
11-22-2009, 08:18 PM

What I want to know is in OT how does Chambers not fight for just 3 more yards to score the winning touchdown? Did he think he had already stepped out or something? Wade had his man blocked all the way into the endzone, all Chambers had to do was keep running and just step to his left and it was 6 and done.

Oh well, small point now, but I was going to explode if we fucked up that FG.

RINGLEADER
11-22-2009, 08:19 PM
There was no one around for him to block. Had he started running, you know Chamgers would've just ran right past him.

But he could have taken half of 'em out...I think he was more worried about drawing a penalty than blocking someone else though as was pointed out earlier...but it is funny to watch...

bowener
11-22-2009, 08:19 PM
LOL...no doubt, I saw that on the replays...He's just standing there as the convoy blazes by...didn't know that was Pope though...

I believe Pope threw his hands up in the air to let the DB know that he was just completely ****ing obliterated by him. It wasn't a "dont call me for anything, ref" type of gesture, it was the "I just ****ing ate you alive, ****ed your mother, and shit you onto your dads head" type of gesture.

RINGLEADER
11-22-2009, 08:20 PM
What I want to know is in OT how does Chambers not fight for just 3 more yards to score the winning touchdown? Did he think he had already stepped out or something? Wade had his man blocked all the way into the endzone, all Chambers had to do was keep running and just step to his left and it was 6 and done.

Oh well, small point now, but I was going to explode if we ****ed up that FG.

New Chiefs say goodbye to the old Chiefs...

Mr. Laz
11-22-2009, 08:24 PM
It was also nice not to get dissed by these clowns. There wasn't any "how could they lose to the Chiefs?" crap.thousands came all the way from pittsburgh to watch them lose.

ROFL

Psyko Tek
11-22-2009, 09:04 PM

Oh well, small point now, but I was going to explode if we fucked up that FG.

I was already out side screaming fuck yeah we beat the world champeens

I thought he made it

Nero's Neptune
11-22-2009, 09:36 PM

Oh well, small point now, but I was going to explode if we ****ed up that FG.

Yeah...I rewatched that play several times and it seems if he would have just stayed in bounds and maybe pushed left a little he probably would have gotten in. I think he would have gotten hit by the trailing guy, but prob would still have gotten in....