PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs A quick look ahead to San Diego

The Poz
11-23-2009, 10:26 AM
I was encouraged with our pass rush against the Steelers this past weekend, now looking at the Chargers I think we can even outdo that effort. Considering this:

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/news/2009/nov/23/mcdaniels-trash-talk-laid-waste/

"The Chargers may have lost right tackle Jeromey Clary for the season after he was carted off the field in the fourth quarter with an injury to his left ankle.
Head coach Norv Turner said he believes the "injury is going to be more serious than I'd like it to be."
Brandyn Dombrowski replaced Clary and will be the likely fill-in, going forward, though the Chargers did sign signed tackle Corey Clark from the practice squad last week.
Dombrowski started two games in September at right guard and has been working at left tackle.
Clary left last week's game and did not practice last week with a sprained right ankle."

Fritz88
11-23-2009, 10:28 AM
SD are really coming together. I think they will run all over us.

Gonzo
11-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Man, I dunno...

The Steelers victory was one of those where everything came together. The D showed up and they were "Bend don't break" they capitalized on errors and showed real guts. Cassel was able to buy some time in the 4th quarter and the recievers played perfectly. This being said, the Chargers may very well be the hottest team in the AFC right now. Even more than Indy.

I would be really happy with KC being competitive. The last matchup was total domination by SD.
If we can still be in it in the 4th with like 8 minutes to play and show some guts, I would call that a victory.
Do I want a win? Hell yeah! Is it going to happen, (doubtful).
Chargers > Steelers

SenselessChiefsFan
11-23-2009, 10:35 AM
I think the only hope that we have is that they take the Chiefs lightly. Assuming the Broncos lose on Thursday, the Chargers 'might' let their guard down next Sunday. I don't think that happens.... but maybe.

I do think the Chiefs pass rush is getting better, but the Steelers are not a good gauge because Ben holds the ball longer than Rivers does, and they don't have a 'great' offensive line.

I am looking forward to the game.... but not counting on a win.

Rooster
11-23-2009, 10:35 AM
SD are really coming together. I think they will run all over us.

I tend to agree. My hope is that they over look KC or have a let down from the Donkeys. If KC could steal this one it would be awesome because the next three home games are winnable IMO.

Rain Man
11-23-2009, 10:36 AM
Chiefs 31, Chargers 13.

The Poz
11-23-2009, 10:41 AM
Yes, the Chargers do seem like the team to beat right now but we do always seem to play them tough at least once a year.
I'm sure Chambers will be looking to have a big game against his former team.

Warrior5
11-23-2009, 10:42 AM
I think the only hope that we have is that they take the Chiefs lightly. Assuming the Broncos lose on Thursday, the Chargers 'might' let their guard down next Sunday. I don't think that happens.... but maybe.

I do think the Chiefs pass rush is getting better, but the Steelers are not a good gauge because Ben holds the ball longer than Rivers does, and they don't have a 'great' offensive line.

I am looking forward to the game.... but not counting on a win.

Same here. I think the Chiefs pass rush has only modestly improved; Roethlesberger still had time to text msg his dry cleaner and do a press conference back in the pocket, and the few times a Chief got close to drilling him, he simply ducked and said, "Go away kid, you're bothering me".

I expect a loss, but miracles do happen, as evidenced yesterday.

CaliforniaChief
11-23-2009, 10:44 AM
We've actually played really well out here lately. I realize we have basically a different team than we did before, but last year lost going for two at the end, pounded them 2 years ago, and lost a hard-fought Sunday night game three years ago where we actually blocked the punt but botched the play, leading to an 85 yard TD by LT on the next play...ballgame.

Here's the thing about Norvelle Turner-coached teams. They're inconsistent. They blow you out one week, and don't even show up the next.

Hopefully, he's now done enough for the 5 year extension he deserves!!!

OnTheWarpath15
11-23-2009, 10:45 AM
Same here. I think the Chiefs pass rush has only modestly improved; Roethlesberger still had time to text msg his dry cleaner and do a press conference back in the pocket, and the few times a Chief got close to drilling him, he simply ducked and said, "Go away kid, you're bothering me".

I expect a loss, but miracles do happen, as evidenced yesterday.

The pass rush hasn't improved at all, IMO.

The only way we're getting pressure is to send the fucking house.

If we don't blitz, we don't get there.

Hydrae
11-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Yes, the Chargers do seem like the team to beat right now but we do always seem to play them tough at least once a year.
I'm sure Chambers will be looking to have a big game against his former team.

This is our best hope.

Gadzooks
11-23-2009, 11:10 AM
Clary was only a serviceable RT to begin with so I don't see a huge drop-off with Dombrowski in there.
As far a Chambers is concerned, I don't see him tearing apart his former teammates too easily. I'm pretty sure Jammer and Cro are pretty familiar with his tendencies by now.

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 11:10 AM
I'm all for a KC victory at SD...

Gadzooks
11-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Mile High - You should probably change your Custom User Title
"Time to SWEEP the Dolts" looks a bit embarrassing. ROFL

Sure-Oz
11-23-2009, 11:17 AM
Antonio Cromartie-DB- Chargers Nov. 23 - 11:51 am et

According to the website TMZ.com, Chargers CB Antonio Cromartie is being investigated for assault with a deadly weapon for an incident in a San Diego bar Sunday night.
Cromartie and several other Chargers players were out celebrating their win over the Broncos, when he allegedly threw a champagne bottle which hit a bystander in the head. No charges were pressed and the bystander suffered nothing more than a small cut on his head. Cromartie's agent is denying that his client threw the bottle.
Source: TMZ.com

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 11:19 AM
Mile High - You should probably change your Custom User Title
"Time to SWEEP the Dolts" looks a bit embarrassing. ROFL

I'll change it today... thanks for playing. The teams split... they both lost to the Ravens and the Steelers. Denver is just one game back at this point... anything can happen, nothing is decided yet.

**edit** Fixed it for ya... :evil:

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 11:20 AM
Antonio Cromartie-DB- Chargers Nov. 23 - 11:51 am et

According to the website TMZ.com, Chargers CB Antonio Cromartie is being investigated for assault with a deadly weapon for an incident in a San Diego bar Sunday night.
Cromartie and several other Chargers players were out celebrating their win over the Broncos, when he allegedly threw a champagne bottle which hit a bystander in the head. No charges were pressed and the bystander suffered nothing more than a small cut on his head. Cromartie's agent is denying that his client threw the bottle.
Source: TMZ.com

http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/23/nfl-star-suspected-in-assault-w-deadly-weapon/

Gadzooks
11-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Isn't it supposed to be "teh ghey !!!1!"?
Anyhow, this Cromartie stuff is pure gossip... TMZ, c'mon.

beach tribe
11-23-2009, 11:28 AM

The only way we're getting pressure is to send the ****ing house.

Exactly.

And, I think we really need to keep blitzing. Especially Brown. Let him do something that he's decent at.

Quiet Storm
11-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Clary is our worst oline men. Not too worried there.

Sorry but you guys beating the Stealers made it so there is no way we over look you guys.

Quiet Storm
11-23-2009, 12:23 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2009/11/23/nfl-star-suspected-in-assault-w-deadly-weapon/

ROFL nice Shannon avatar after "you swept the dolts".

Fuccking looser.

Brock
11-23-2009, 12:24 PM
Norv Turner is now the all time winningest Charger coach ever.

Molitoth
11-23-2009, 12:24 PM
and the recievers played perfectly

So you didn't see Bradley drop that crucial pass?

StcChief
11-23-2009, 12:40 PM
Dolts 27
Chiefs 17

88TG88
11-23-2009, 12:44 PM

Fuccking looser.

ROFL

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 01:00 PM

Fuccking looser.

I think you're wound up too tight... 'looser'? Get a dictionary.

KC_Lee
11-23-2009, 01:01 PM
The Chargers rack up 525 yard of O on us but we win.

Chiefs 35
Chargers 27

Gadzooks
11-23-2009, 01:03 PM
I think you're wound up too tight... 'looser'? Get a dictionary.

The extra 'o' is added for emphasis

Mile High Mania
11-23-2009, 01:07 PM
The extra 'o' is added for emphasis

Enh, I would think that as well, but in the other thread he typed loosing, looser, etc... I think he really believes it is spelled that way.

Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan
11-23-2009, 01:24 PM
I thought it was, if you refer to the Planet Lexicon

Hydrae
11-23-2009, 01:29 PM

:eek:

CaliforniaChief
11-23-2009, 01:30 PM

ROFL

chiefscafan
11-23-2009, 07:17 PM
the chief game for san diego is a trap game just demolished the main competition denver. Chiefs record maybe they take us lightly. I'm gonna be at the game seeing i live in CA. I just hope we are competitive or those fans are gonna make life difficult for me and my brother.

KCrockaholic
11-23-2009, 07:24 PM
San Diego is going to kill us. We dont have a guy who can consistently cover Gates over the middle and Vincent Jackson on the outside. Flowers being 5'9 will hurt us trying to cover those 6'5 monster receivers. Its ok though, we can lose this one then crush the Donks the following week in Arrowhead :) Just to be sure that they dont win the division. :evil:

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-23-2009, 07:27 PM
We just gave up 515 yards. Our D sucks. We won because we won the turnover battle, didn't commit costly penalties and got a kick return TD. Other than that we sucked and San Diego is gonna reming us just how bad!

Chiefs 27 Sandiego 13

KCrockaholic
11-23-2009, 07:30 PM
We just gave up 515 yards. Our D sucks. We won because we won the turnover battle, didn't commit costly penalties and got a kick return TD. Other than that we sucked and San Diego is gonna reming us just how bad!

Chiefs 27 Sandiego 13

Ok, I'm confused.

Hog's Gone Fishin
11-23-2009, 07:34 PM
Ok, I'm confused.

I'm saying we'll suck just like last week but we'll get 4 turnovers, no penalties and 3 Punt return TD's.

KCrockaholic
11-23-2009, 07:36 PM
I'm saying we'll suck just like last week but we'll get 4 turnovers, no penalties and 3 Punt return TD's.

ROFL Ok, I doubt we get that lucky, but ok.

Ralphy Boy
11-23-2009, 09:17 PM
San Diego is going to kill us. We dont have a guy who can consistently cover Gates over the middle and Vincent Jackson on the outside. Flowers being 5'9 will hurt us trying to cover those 6'5 monster receivers. Its ok though, we can lose this one then crush the Donks the following week in Arrowhead :) Just to be sure that they dont win the division. :evil:

Jackson is who scares me the most. Gates got a respectable 5 grabs for 55 yards. Jackson's 5 grabs went for 142 yards & a TD.

Don't see any scenario where we win this week.

Psyko Tek
11-23-2009, 09:23 PM
an OT with ski in his name
He's gotta be good

KC Jones
11-23-2009, 09:47 PM
I don't see it happening, but hey, I didn't see any way we could beat Pittsburgh either.

RedThat
11-23-2009, 10:07 PM
Wouldn't it be great if the Chiefs won?

Maybe they'd get a little attention from league and steal some headlines. But most importantly, back-to-back wins against good caliber teams is an excellent building block.

googlegoogle
11-24-2009, 12:30 AM
Chambers will be big in this game. Most players want revenge.

bigbucks24
11-24-2009, 12:39 AM
the chief game for san diego is a trap game just demolished the main competition denver. Chiefs record maybe they take us lightly. I'm gonna be at the game seeing i live in CA. I just hope we are competitive or those fans are gonna make life difficult for me and my brother.

I think if the Chiefs hadn't just beaten the Steelers, maybe the Chargers would take them lightly. But they just knocked off the defending Super Bowl champs. I don't think SD will be looking ahead.

Direckshun
11-24-2009, 12:45 AM
We're going to get destroyed.

We wasted every ounce of our energy against Pittsburg. We're bound to get blown out against San Diego.

pr_capone
11-24-2009, 01:05 AM

2008 Sack Total - 10
2009 Sack Total - 15 (through 10 games)

But yeah... you are right, the pass rush hasn't improved at all. :rolleyes:

The only way we're getting pressure is to send the ****ing house.

Towards the end of the game the Chiefs were definitely blitzing on nearly every play but were most certainly not "sending the fucking house".

Agreed

Pablo
11-24-2009, 05:16 AM
We're going to get destroyed.

We wasted every ounce of our energy against Pittsburg. We're bound to get blown out against San Diego.
Agreed. We're going down like 35-10.

Hell, if we're negative enough and just don't believe in our team just a little bit more, good things can happen. Look at Sunday.