PDA

View Full Version : Life -- What crime(s) have you been a victim of while residing in the KC metro?

Simply Red
11-23-2009, 04:34 PM
Spinning off of Maslowski's thread.

What crimes have you been a victim of while residing in KC?

kstater
11-23-2009, 04:35 PM
Being a Chiefs fan.

Stinger
11-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Theft by Carl Peterson and his accomplice Hem Edwards?

sedated
11-23-2009, 04:48 PM
some mother f**ker stole my terrible towel

Hammock Parties
I ate at KC Masterpiece.

BigRedChief
some mother f**ker stole my terrible towelwell played cross thread humor. :clap:

Simply Red
11-23-2009, 04:49 PM
-sister held at gunpt. at country-club plaza appx 2000.

-ex-wife's company is based in KC. A coworker went out to Westport and was found dead a week later (murdered.)

-I was chased in Lee's Summit by an older model white Oldsmobile while walking back from Big Boy on hwy 50.

MikeMaslowski
11-23-2009, 04:50 PM
-sister held at gunpt. at country-club plaza appx 2000.

-ex-wife's company is based in KC. A coworker went out to Westport and was found dead a week later (murdered.)

-I was chased in Lee's Summit by an older model white Oldsmobile while walking back from Big Boy on hwy 50.

Story please.

Simply Red
11-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Story please.

It's not that exciting, I was in 8th grade and this white car furiously chased me, i was on foot and managed to find an area and cut back toward my apts. Which were Robin Hills Apts. off of 5th st. It shook me up because I was young, but, chance are, it was some teenage punks ****ing w/ me. So that's not a good inclusion.

Kyle DeLexus
11-23-2009, 05:01 PM
I was murdered about 4 years ago, they never caught the guy.

KCUnited
11-23-2009, 05:04 PM

Wasn't found dead in the basement of a building across from what was once the Grand Emporium by chance?

MikeMaslowski
11-23-2009, 05:05 PM
It's not that exciting, I was in 8th grade and this white car furiously chased me, i was on foot and managed to find an area and cut back toward my apts. Which were Robin Hills Apts. off of 5th st. It shook me up because I was young, but, chance are, it was some teenage punks ****ing w/ me. So that's not a good inclusion.

you're really fast.

shitgoose
11-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Some guy took a shit on the bumper of my friends Mustang while we were in Westport, circa 2004. Seriously, giant human log of fecal matter right on the bumper.

OnTheWarpath15
11-23-2009, 05:06 PM
you're really fast.

Eh, it was an Oldsmobile.

Simply Red
11-23-2009, 05:07 PM
Wasn't found dead in the basement of a building across from what was once the Grand Emporium by chance?

maybe, not sure and i aint calling her to find out. :) It's Cerner Corp. (some shitty software company)

About five yrs. ago, or so.

Simply Red
11-23-2009, 05:11 PM

http://tinyurl.com/yfvs458 <- found it

KCUnited
11-23-2009, 05:14 PM
http://tinyurl.com/yfvs458 <- found it
That's it, the story I remember reading about. I used to live down the street, heard they found that white boy in the basement one day around the way, then I saw it in the Pitch.

GoHuge
11-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Dropped my money clip at a gas station back when gas was over $4.00. Only took me five minutes to realize it. Went back and it was gone. About $50 in cash (which I would have gladly given to someone for doing the right thing and getting it back to me) DL, debit card, and credit card. Couldn't call the bank to put a hold on debit card because it was 8 PM, but did call the CC company. Bastards racked up $357 at gas pumps in one night at four different KCK and KCMO QT's. Luckily banked didn't hold me responsible and was re-imbursed. No way of tracking the bastards down because they never used it inside.

Simply Red
11-23-2009, 05:17 PM
That's it, the story I remember reading about. I used to live down the street, heard they found that white boy in the basement one day around the way, then I saw it in the Pitch.

and it wasn't 'White-boy day.'

Rausch
11-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Had a bidge steal money from me in a hotel room whilst I was busy vomiting profusely...

kstater
11-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Had a bidge steal money from me in a hotel room whilst I was busy vomiting profusely...

Never accept coke from a hooker. It's a scam.

KCUnited
11-23-2009, 05:21 PM
and it wasn't 'White-boy day.'
Small world. Tie in, I had my white 1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass stolen from me in the River Market. About a week later I saw it in Westport and took it back.

Simply Red
11-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Small world. Tie in, I had my white 1978 Oldsmobile Cutlass stolen from me in the River Market. About a week later I saw it in Westport and took it back.

that was my best Drexl Spivey.

lol, no doubt.

Rausch
11-23-2009, 05:26 PM
Never accept coke from a hooker. It's a scam.

There were no hookers, I went out drinking with Endelt.

Wait...

soundmind
11-23-2009, 05:30 PM

Whoa.

To add my trials....more car break-ins than I can count. Lived at 49th & Virginia (at least 3x), then moved downtown (add another 10 or so). Really, what were you doing after the first guy busted the window and jacked the stereo (minus the detachable face no less)...???

Moved to Prairie Village. Problem solved.

Moved back to KCMO, had a nice disruptive evening once, others' cars have been broken into, but not mine.

My vote, unless you need to be in MO, if you want to be nice and close w/o the hassle, check out Prairie Village, KS. If you've got kids in school, Lee's Summit is another great option, grew up there.

Simply Red
11-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Whoa.

To add my trials....more car break-ins than I can count. Lived at 49th & Virginia (at least 3x), then moved downtown (add another 10 or so). Really, what were you doing after the first guy busted the window and jacked the stereo (minus the detachable face no less)...???

Moved back to KCMO, had a nice disruptive evening once, others' cars have been broken into, but not mine.

My vote, unless you need to be in MO, if you want to be nice and close w/o the hassle, check out Prairie Village, KS. If you've got kids in school, Lee's Summit is another great option, grew up there.

No offense to anyone there, Heck, it's my hometown, but, I'd NEVER move back to KC after living here.

KCUnited
11-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Whoa.

FWIW, I had a 1979 Chevrolet Malibu stolen from me on 115th & Metcalf in Overland Park in '94.

Pioli Zombie
11-23-2009, 05:36 PM
Having to listen to football games announced by Ian Eagle and Gus Johnson.
Posted via Mobile Device

soundmind
11-23-2009, 05:39 PM
No offense to anyone there, Heck, it's my hometown, but, I'd NEVER move back to KC after living here.

Agreed, I'm only here now b/c I'm back in school at UMKC and don't want the commute. When I'm done with school, it's my every intention to get the hell out of KC. Too much to deal with - plus you get that lovely extra 1% tax to make sure it stays this way!!!

Mojo Jojo
11-23-2009, 07:08 PM
Time during my life stolen by reading dumb posts on Chiefs Planet. :)

wildcat09
11-23-2009, 07:22 PM
I was held at gunpoint for my car when I lived in Mission.......just because I had some rims

gblowfish
11-23-2009, 07:25 PM
My house was broken into by a 15 year old kid twice in 1994. He stole about $300 worth of stuff and did $20,000 in damages.

bevischief
11-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Hitting a deer and not stopping to swap insurance info...

Mama Hip Rockets
11-23-2009, 08:42 PM
somebody stole a chiefs magnet off my car once.

chiefbowe82
11-23-2009, 08:48 PM
someone broke into my car, and planted chiefs tickets

Mr. Laz
11-23-2009, 08:54 PM
car broke into
kid stuck a gun in my face, i told him "no" ... he really didn't know what to do ROFL

think that's it

chiefbowe82
11-23-2009, 08:55 PM
car broke into
kid stuck a gun in my face, i told him "no" ... he really didn't know what to do ROFL

think that's it

you all a bunch of thugs.....

Mama Hip Rockets
11-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Hitting a deer and not stopping to swap insurance info...

ROFL

chiefbowe82
11-23-2009, 08:59 PM
ROFL

I like to plant fake deer in the middle of the interestate and sit back and watch cars....my god it's a hoot!

Skip Towne
11-23-2009, 09:06 PM
I like to plant fake deer in the middle of the interestate and sit back and watch cars....my god it's a hoot!

I see you're back. Just get out of jail?

chiefbowe82
11-23-2009, 09:09 PM
I see you're back. Just get out of jail?

Actually I'm 75% chinese then a mix of korean, and Caucasian. and no i've never been to jail

Gadzooks
11-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Not in KC but, some fucker was stealing my beer from the garage (aboot 3X over the course of a month).
I did the, clever, pee in a bottle trick expecting the worst in retaliation, but I haven't had a break in since the pee bottle was stolen.
It's been a solid 15 months.
Man, what's still floating around in my urine that it would kill a man?!?:eek:

KC Jones
11-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Me? Just a burglary - we noticed the weed and cash was gone right away. It took 2 weeks to realize the TV was gone too.

However I've had plenty of friends that were rolled, and on xmass eve a man was shot in the parking lot next to my building. A friend of my brother was murdered.

Stanley Nickels
11-23-2009, 10:05 PM

I hate to stereotype, but I am not too keen on the idea of ever living in a place like Atlanta. From what I've heard, the majority of it is very dangerous.

I lived just south of downtown KC and didn't have any problems. Girlfriend lived downtown for two years and, with the exception of a couple straight-up weirdos catcalling her or following her, was never a victim of any crime.
But, we live in Mission now, and it's really quiet.

Dallas Chief
11-23-2009, 10:30 PM
that was my best Drexl Spivey.

lol, no doubt.

Marty. Y'know what we got here? Motherf*ckin' Charlie Bronson. Mr. Majestyk.

KcMizzou
11-23-2009, 10:41 PM
I had a stereo stolen out of my car in Gladstone about 12 years ago.

88TG88
11-23-2009, 10:48 PM
Don't live in KC, but I've been a victim of many crimes. I've been shot at, robbed, home invaded, and other such acts of thuggery.

KcMizzou
11-23-2009, 10:53 PM
Don't live in KC, but I've been a victim of many crimes. I've been shot at, robbed, home invaded, and other such acts of thuggery.Damn, where do you live?

88TG88
11-23-2009, 10:54 PM
Damn, where do you live?

LA

KcMizzou
11-23-2009, 10:55 PM
LADamn.. you've had a tough run.

88TG88
11-23-2009, 11:04 PM
Damn.. you've had a tough run.

Eh, some of it was partly my fault.

Dottefan
11-23-2009, 11:52 PM
When I was younger and used to partake in Mary Jane....some fucker sold me some skunk weed..told me it was Kush, and the shit gave me a headache.

Goldmember
11-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Bestiality.......some ass screwed me out of $500

CoMoChief
11-24-2009, 12:49 AM
I was night fishing with a friend at one of the sheds at Lake Jacomo.

Someone came down and pulled a gun out at me and demanded money.

I had like only 4 dollars and no credit/debit cards. The guy just ran off. Don't what the guy was thinking, most people don't carry large amounts of cash when they go fishing.

Also had my Jeep stolen right out of my driveway by some nutcase that escaped from a Nuthouse in St Joe. His car broke down in my neighborhood, and mine was parked outside in the driveway, which usually I parked in the garage. He was involved in a high speed chase pursuit and was on the morning news the next morning. How he got caught was he never turned on the headlights......I guess he didn't know how because on 1996-2002 Jeep Cherokee's there's a knob kinda like a cigarette lighter thats down on the bottom left side that you pull out. When some of my friends drive my car I have to tell them how to turn the lights on, so I'm guessing he didn't know how. Well the cops saw a car without the lights on and decided to pull him over. He totaled my car, ****in asshole I loved that Jeep. I'd still have it today too had he not have done that.

Inspector
11-24-2009, 07:26 AM
I was abducted by an alien who did weird things to some of my body parts.

Er...maybe that was an old girlfriend. It was a long time ago and memory fades over time.

Simply Red
11-24-2009, 09:47 AM
Me? Just a burglary - we noticed the weed and cash was gone right away. It took 2 weeks to realize the TV was gone too.

However I've had plenty of friends that were rolled, and on xmass eve a man was shot in the parking lot next to my building. A friend of my brother was murdered.

YOU smoke weed?! Righteous

Iowanian
11-24-2009, 10:33 AM
In college, a broad from Platte County clawed me up like she was a Polar bear and I was covered in seal oil. I didn't press charges but I did shoot her with a concealed weapon.

I've had 2 cousins robbed at gunpoint. 1 was pistol whipped and robbed of a small amount of money walking to his apartment, the other and his girlfriend were basically taken hostage by some Yutes from the super walmart thing down on 87th and taken to a back alley somewhere, robbed of about 3 dollars....and they shot at a neighbor who stepped out of his house.

chiefsfan4life1978
11-24-2009, 11:02 AM
I was in the passenger seat in my friends car when we were shot at 8 times from point blank range with a 9mm handgun in a suburban Blue Springs neighborhood. This is no shit. It was my sophomore year in highschool so about 10 years ago. We were driving around looking for a party and this drunk old bastard with a long gray beard shot up my friends car while we were in it. He said in court that he felt "that his safety was at peril." He got like six months jail and five years probation. I think he was just ****ed in the head and was pissed that a bunch of kids playing loud ass music from their cars kept driving by his house. My buddy got a brand new car out of the deal which was cool.

Simply Red
11-24-2009, 11:05 AM
I was in the passenger seat in my friends car when we were shot at 8 times from point blank range with a 9mm handgun in a suburban Blue Springs neighborhood. This is no shit. It was my sophomore year in highschool so about 10 years ago. We were driving around looking for a party and this drunk old bastard with a long gray beard shot up my friends car while we were in it. He said in court that he felt "that his safety was at peril." He got like six months jail and five years probation. I think he was just ****ed in the head and was pissed that a bunch of kids playing loud ass music from their cars kept driving by his house. My buddy got a brand new car out of the deal which was cool.

STAY THE FUCK OUT WILLOWBROOK, NIGGA!

Simply Red
11-24-2009, 11:06 AM
SHIT'S ALL HARD IN THE SPRINGS, NEVER KNOW WHEN A NIGGA GONNA STEP...

chiefsfan4life1978
11-24-2009, 01:12 PM
SHIT'S ALL HARD IN THE SPRINGS, NEVER KNOW WHEN A ****A GONNA STEP...

Me and my boy's were straight livin the thug life in the springs back in 99.
:bang: