PDA

View Full Version : Football Clausen punched by irate fan

chief52
11-24-2009, 08:12 AM
This sounds like a real classy ND fan. Damn...can't a guy even go out for dinner and drinks with the parents and girlfriend?

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/news/story?id=4684326

Notre Dame quarterback Jimmy Clausen was punched in the face by an irate fan outside a South Bend restaurant early Sunday morning and has a swollen eye, a person briefed on the incident said on Monday.

That person said Clausen was "sucker-punched" by a fan as he left an establishment after having dinner with his parents.

The fan allegedly said something to Clausen and/or a female acquaintance.

A South Bend police spokesman said that no police reports were filed over the weekend involving Clausen, according to the Chicago Tribune.

The newspaper also reported that the name of the bar was CJ's and that a bartender at the establishment said that Clausen had been there with family members and other Irish upperclassmen after Notre Dame's loss to Connecticut on Senior Day.

The source told ESPN.com that the injury is not expected to keep Clausen from playing this weekend against Stanford.

kstater
11-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Crazy religous people.

kepp
11-24-2009, 08:19 AM
Was it this guy?
http://adage.com/images/bin/image/photo/castrol-dipstick-081109.jpg

Bane
11-24-2009, 08:23 AM
Yeah that's fuggn nuts!
Posted via Mobile Device

Swanman
11-24-2009, 08:24 AM
In the guy's defense, Claussen does have a very punchable face.

Bugeater
11-24-2009, 08:28 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing, but didn't want to say it.

Swanman
11-24-2009, 08:33 AM
I was thinking the exact same thing, but didn't want to say it.

I will go there if it's about Notre Dame, every time. Bunch of overrated blowhard jagoffs.

Marco Polo
11-24-2009, 08:40 AM
The rumors on the ND rivals board says that there was more to it then this and the "sucker punch" comment was for PR purposes.

Demonpenz
11-24-2009, 08:45 AM
and once again notre dame falls this time to Joe somebody from the smoking section.

seclark
11-24-2009, 08:49 AM
VVV well... VVV

Swanman
11-24-2009, 09:04 AM
The rumors on the ND rivals board says that there was more to it then this and the "sucker punch" comment was for PR purposes.

I would hope they would spin it, their "all-world" QB getting his ass pwned by some Joe Schmo in a restaurant. I love watching ND's world implode around them. If you look at their season, they are real close to being 3-8 at this point with last second wins against Michigan State, Purdue and Washington.

Marco Polo
11-24-2009, 09:14 AM
I personally want ND to join the Big 10 so the Big 10 can pound them to the reality that their program is no longer elite.

blaise
11-24-2009, 09:20 AM
I personally want ND to join the Big 10 so the Big 10 can pound them to the reality that their program is no longer elite.

I don't see why Notre Dame would want to as long as NBC is willing to throw money at them.

Rooster
11-24-2009, 09:20 AM

ROFL True...

Brock
11-24-2009, 09:40 AM

There's nothing elite about the Big 10.

Frazod
11-24-2009, 09:45 AM
Was it this guy?
http://adage.com/images/bin/image/photo/castrol-dipstick-081109.jpg

LMAO

I just want to reach through the TV screen strangle that fucker.

Swanman
11-24-2009, 10:03 AM
There's nothing elite about the Big 10.

That's true this year, definitely. But the real point is that ND would struggle to be .500 in a conference that is mediocre this year. So much for being an "elite" program as every idiot tv "expert" will tell you.

The Franchise
11-24-2009, 10:15 AM
I will go there if it's about Notre Dame, every time. Bunch of overrated blowhard jagoffs.

:rolleyes:

MMXcalibur
11-24-2009, 10:17 AM
I don't like Notre Dame because they come off as a bunch of pretentious fuckwits. Realize your program isn't so goddamn special nowadays, join a conference and stop acting holier than thou.

SLAG
11-24-2009, 10:18 AM

Are you calling Chiefs / ND HOF Jim Lynch a blowhard Jagoff?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2312/2167074777_9081b397f3_b.jpg

The Franchise
11-24-2009, 10:18 AM
I don't like Notre Dame because they come off as a bunch of pretentious fuckwits. Realize your program isn't so goddamn special nowadays, join a conference and stop acting holier than thou.

Why the fuck would they join a conference when they're on TV every Saturday.....and they get a shit ton of money for it?

blaise
11-24-2009, 10:25 AM
That's true this year, definitely. But the real point is that ND would struggle to be .500 in a conference that is mediocre this year. So much for being an "elite" program as every idiot tv "expert" will tell you.

If they can get a decent coach they're be near elite again pretty quick. They might not be at the level USC or Texas has been the last 5 years, but they could be as good as Penn State or Ohio State for sure. There's still quite a few elite players that want to go to Notre Dame.

The Franchise
11-24-2009, 10:28 AM
If they can get a decent coach they're be near elite again pretty quick. They might not be at the level USC or Texas has been the last 5 years, but they could be as good as Penn State or Ohio State for sure. There's still quite a few elite players that want to go to Notre Dame.

Notre Dame will probably never be elite again. And I say that as a Notre Dame fan.

They just don't have the recruiting power that Florida, Texas or USC has.

DaKCMan AP
11-24-2009, 10:30 AM
If they can get a decent coach they're be near elite again pretty quick. They might not be at the level Florida, USC, or Texas has been the last 5 years, but they could be as good as Penn State or Ohio State for sure. There's still quite a few elite players that want to go to Notre Dame.

FYP

Spicy McHaggis
11-24-2009, 10:32 AM
HAPPY SLAPSGIVING!!!!

http://blog.nj.com/alltv/2007/11/large_himym-slapsgiving.jpg

blaise
11-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Notre Dame will probably never be elite again. And I say that as a Notre Dame fan.

They just don't have the recruiting power that Florida, Texas or USC has.

I agree, but they could be in that next level down with Ohio State, Penn State, Georgia, etc. and at least get in a decent bowl and compete. USC, UT, and Florida can try and make title runs in half their seasons. Notre Dame should be able to do that once or twice a decade, which isn't bad. I'm not saying win one, but be around near the conversation.

Tiger's Fan
11-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Charlie auditioning for the Raiders head coaching job already?

The Franchise
11-24-2009, 10:42 AM
I agree, but they could be in that next level down with Ohio State, Penn State, Georgia, etc. and at least get in a decent bowl and compete. USC, UT, and Florida can try and make title runs in half their seasons. Notre Dame should be able to do that once or twice a decade, which isn't bad. I'm not saying win one, but be around near the conversation.

And it won't happen until we get a coach that isn't full of himself.....and can fucking gameplan worth a shit.

Iowanian
11-24-2009, 10:43 AM
I can't imagine it was much of a "FAN" if they smacked him.

Also, this thread fails in the WIN column because it wasn't titled "That's Usin' your Dipstick JIMMY"

blaise
11-24-2009, 10:47 AM
And it won't happen until we get a coach that isn't full of himself.....and can ****ing gameplan worth a shit.

Isn't it true that they don't redshirt players?

Tiger's Fan
11-24-2009, 10:48 AM
And it won't happen until we get a coach that isn't full of himself.....and can ****ing gameplan worth a shit.

They're averaging over 450 yds of offense. Top 10 in the nation I believe. The defense is the problem, and has been since Charlie got there. They've never been better than 39th nationally in D since he came to town.

Coach
11-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Well, somebody threw something that connected that's for sure, and it wasn't Clausen.

The Franchise
11-24-2009, 10:49 AM
Isn't it true that they don't redshirt players?

I've never heard anything about it.....but I wouldn't doubt it.

The Franchise
11-24-2009, 10:51 AM
They're averaging over 450 yds of offense. Top 10 in the nation I believe. The defense is the problem, and has been since Charlie got there. They've never been better than 39th nationally in D since he came to town.

Our problem is our defense.....but fuck at some point in time that shit has to get fixed. He continually retools the offense....but never does anything about the defense.

blaise
11-24-2009, 10:53 AM
I've never heard anything about it.....but I wouldn't doubt it.

I don't think they do. It used to get brought up on the broadcasts a few years back, but they never do anymore. Not that it makes any big difference.

Quiet Storm
11-24-2009, 11:10 AM
ROFL

Yeah, I'm sure it was a sucker punch Claussen, smug shit.

kepp
11-24-2009, 11:55 AM

Wait...Dr. Lou told me that the ND defense was going to be top-5 this year.