PDA

View Full Version : Football Do you think the venues for the Thanksgiving games should be rotated?

luv
11-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Well, do ya?

Bowser
11-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Yes. Unquestionably. People who aren't Cowboys and Lions fans have been ready for years for this to happen.

AMDChief
11-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Whoever wins gets to host next year.

wazu
11-27-2009, 10:06 AM
I do in principle, but I really don't want the Chiefs to host them. Kinda like spending Thanksgiving with family. Still, I think every year they need to target the top three can't-miss match-ups and put them on Thursday. They would probably miss on one of them every year, but it would that would be no worse than the sure-miss Detroit game plus whatever happens to be on the schedule for Dallas.

Rasputin
11-27-2009, 10:11 AM
I think it would be a good day for a remach of the Super Bowl teams of last year. The winner of SB would host the game of course & the losers of SB would have a chance to redeam themselves, would make a great game imo.

Bwana
11-27-2009, 10:12 AM
YES!

Rasputin
11-27-2009, 10:14 AM
Whens the last time the Lions won a thanksgiving day game?

CHIEFS58
It would be a shame to have meaningful games on Thanksgiving.

/extreme sarcasm

stlchiefs
We've been tortured with Detroit for decades. At least it was palatable when B. Sanders played, now it's just terrible. Stupid on the NFLs part too. I'd guess a lot of people who don't watch regularly watch the games on Thanksgiving and they are subject to terrible football and usually lopsided games. Nothing like showing off your worst team every year to potential fans.

bevischief
11-27-2009, 10:17 AM
Yes!!!

luv
11-27-2009, 10:19 AM
Whens the last time the Lions won a thanksgiving day game?

11/27/2003

Detroit - 22
Green Bay - 14

LaChapelle
11-27-2009, 10:21 AM
Game on sunday. Travel on wednesday. If you're not the hometown team, you're ****ed.
Those games drain 'em. Injuries. Played too close together. Stop Thursday games

Rasputin
11-27-2009, 10:28 AM
11/27/2003

Detroit - 22
Green Bay - 14

& why do they get a game every year? Tradition

in this case tradition is holding us back from something better. :spock:

POND_OF_RED
11-27-2009, 10:33 AM
I like it how it is. Perfect nap time games after a big meal.

cdcox
11-27-2009, 11:13 AM
I wish they would get better games, but I also understand that for thousands of families in Detroit and Dallas, this is their Thanksgiving. I'd be pretty pissed if someone came along and screwed up my family traditions.

Definitively not a reason to keep the status quo, but a consideration I'm sure the NFL is thinking about. I wonder how well the two early games would travel, seeing how families would end up having to devote the whole day to it. At least for the evening games, you could do the normal get together in the afternoon.

luv
11-27-2009, 11:19 AM
I wish they would get better games, but I also understand that for thousands of families in Detroit and Dallas, this is their Thanksgiving. I'd be pretty pissed if someone came along and screwed up my family traditions.

Definitively not a reason to keep the status quo, but a consideration I'm sure the NFL is thinking about. I wonder how well the two early games would travel, seeing how families would end up having to devote the whole day to it. At least for the evening games, you could do the normal get together in the afternoon.

Well, the families that go to the early game could have Thanksgiving dinner after the game. I think it's the late afternoon game that would screw people. Let Dallas keep that one.

HemiEd
11-27-2009, 11:33 AM
No, I like the long established tradition. It is so easy to take a nap during a Lions game.

KCbroncoHATER
11-27-2009, 11:48 AM
Nope, they should stay the way they are.

Rain Man
11-27-2009, 12:02 PM
I like the symbolism of honoring all of the cowboys and lions who helped settle this country back in the 1500s and 1600s.

ChiefsCountry
11-27-2009, 12:04 PM
Nope we should keep them how they are. We have a better chance at playing on Thanksgiving that way. How the CBS/FOX thing works and how the NFL rotates divisions, the Chiefs have a better shot at playing in the current system. The only change I think they should make is have it all-AFC matchup for the night game, but I understand why they don't.

Halfcan
11-27-2009, 12:46 PM
I love watching the Lions get creamed every year-it makes me feel better about being a Chiefs fan.

Coogs
11-27-2009, 12:52 PM
No. There are 6 teams that play on Thanksgiving now. Only two of the 6 are the same, which means there are 30 other teams to pick from for the 4 teams. 30 divided by 4 equals 7.5, so about every 7 to 8 years, a team should be on Thanksgiving day. If they go to a rotating schedule. We would still see Dallas every Thanksgiving... along with Giants, Eagles, Patriots, Colts, Favres, etc.

Norman Einstein
11-27-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't really know. The two teams that traditionally do the games should have first call on that, but again there are more teams out there that could probably put on a better show than what we saw yesterday.

It was nice to see the Raiders lose though. Seems like they have finally figured out that J. Russel is a bust. Where is his next stop?

Frazod
11-27-2009, 01:01 PM
YES. CHANGE IN NOW.

God I'm sick of Dallas and Detroit every fucking year. ENOUGH ALREADY.

KCbroncoHATER
11-27-2009, 01:08 PM
Give the Lion's fans a break will ya?

What else do they have to look forward to than that beat down they get every year at home on Thanksgiving.

Frazod
11-27-2009, 01:18 PM
Give the Lion's fans a break will ya?

What else do they have to look forward to than that beat down they get every year at home on Thanksgiving.

What break are they getting? Seeing their eternally shitty team get slaughtered by [insert name here] every single year? Better to suffer in obscurity, like we do. Personally, I think the Super Bowl representatives from the previous year should be slated to play the Thanksgiving games.

Aries Walker
11-27-2009, 01:30 PM
Game on sunday. Travel on wednesday. If you're not the hometown team, you're ****ed.
Those games drain 'em. Injuries. Played too close together. Stop Thursday games
They're also multi-millionaire professional athletes in better shape than anyone I've ever met. The Chiefs flew to Miami and played a game on the same day a few years ago, and they even won. They'll be fine.

I love the idea of the winner hosting next year's Thanksgiving game.