PDA

View Full Version : Football Josh McDaniels v. Shaun Philips - FIGHT!

Hammock Parties
11-29-2009, 12:52 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4697154

Apologetic for two recently publicized incidents, Denver Broncos coach Josh McDaniels nevertheless wants to set the record straight -- he's not a trash-talking renegade.

Specifically, McDaniels clarified an alleged incident with San Diego Chargers linebacker Shaun Phillips during last Sunday's pregame warm-ups in which Phillips claimed the Broncos coach boasted, "We own you" before the Chargers delivered a 32-3 lashing of their AFC West rival in Denver.

"I was two or three steps out of the tunnel when Shaun Phillips raced up to me with his helmet off and said, 'I'll kick your [expletive] ass, too,' " explained McDaniels. "I'm not saying I felt physically threatened but that's exactly the way it went down. It surprised me in a way but we played them a lot when I was in New England and he's always been that kind of guy.

"I wasn't out there trash-talking their players, going through their drills. This guy has been doing this since I've been in the league and, because they won, he takes the liberty of telling his side of the story. I didn't swear at him or threaten him. What I actually said was, 'I've heard the same thing from you for four or five years now, and when I was in New England, we owned you.'"

The Broncos coach added, "Now, I'll apologize for that but it was nothing like [Phillips] portrayed."

McDaniels indicated the Broncos have asked the league to investigate the incident that preceded the Chargers' decisive victory on Invesco Field at Mile High Stadium. NFL spokesman Greg Aiello previously had said the league was not reviewing the event.

"I don't think [Chargers coach] Norv Turner knows what happened and I know he wouldn't approve of it," said McDaniels. "If one of my players ever did that, I'd be livid. I think any coach would be."

Chargers spokesman Bill Johnston said the team was unaware of the allegation that Phillips charged McDaniels in a confrontational manner.

"We've moved on and we're not going to lower ourselves by responding," said Johnston.

McDaniels said he was reluctant to issue an immediate detailed public response to Phillips' version in part because the Broncos had a short week to prepare for Thursday night's win over the New York Giants. During that NFL Network Thanksgiving national telecast, McDaniels was seen and heard cussing at his team in the bench area in what turned out to be an in-game taped segment.

"I'm not going to apologize for coaching the game but I apologize that people had to hear that," McDaniels said.

"These two things happened four days apart and people have asked me about it. I'm hearing that I'm being called a renegade coach and that I'm always trying to stir things up and [media] are asking questions based on erroneous information. I even read where [Steelers safety] Ryan Clark wanted the commissioner to do something about a coach taunting players. I have a lot of respect for Ryan Clark and that bothers me.

"I'm not trying to exacerbate the situation by talking about it but if somebody is going to make a judgment about me, I'd appreciate it if they had all the facts and properly report it."

LaChapelle
11-29-2009, 12:54 AM
They lost because McFistPump was coaching scared?

Halfcan
11-29-2009, 12:54 AM
cat fight with words

Consistent1
11-29-2009, 06:47 AM
Who cares? Like he is going to work McD over....yeah.Would be funny, but aint happenin...
Posted via Mobile Device

Mile High Mania
11-29-2009, 06:51 AM
(yaaawwwwwwwwn)

Pioli Zombie
11-29-2009, 07:09 AM
Who gives a shit?
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties
11-29-2009, 07:11 AM
Who gives a shit?
Posted via Mobile Device

Me.

This is soap opera football drama at it's finest.

The NFL is the best reality TV.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Me.

This is soap opera football drama at it's finest.

The NFL is the best reality TV.

Enh, not so much...

Hammock Parties
11-29-2009, 08:08 AM
Enh, not so much...

I suppose you like "The Bachelor."

Quesadilla Joe
11-29-2009, 08:13 AM
Phillips is a worthless thug. Always has been. When the Rivers VS Cutler trash talking happened Phillips was standing right next to Rivers flashing gang signs. :shake:

Mile High Mania
11-29-2009, 08:15 AM
I suppose you like "The Bachelor."

Actually, no... that seems more likely in your wheelhouse.

Hammock Parties
11-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Actually, no... that seems more likely in your wheelhouse.

No, dipshit. As I already pointed out, FOOTBALL is the best reality TV. You got cum in your ears?

Mile High Mania
11-29-2009, 08:19 AM
No, dipshit. As I already pointed out, FOOTBALL is the best reality TV. You got cum in your ears?

Another fantasy of yours I'm guessing?

Hammock Parties
11-29-2009, 08:20 AM
Another fantasy of yours I'm guessing?

Your "I know you are but what am I" line of smack is completely pathetic. Really. You have no game whatsoever. You do Broncos fans a great injustice by coming around here and lowering the collective IQ level a few hundred thousand points.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2009, 08:22 AM
Your "I know you are but what am I" line of smack is completely pathetic. Really. You have no game whatsoever. You do Broncos fans a great injustice by coming around here and lowering the collective IQ level a few hundred thousand points.

ROFL

Bane
11-29-2009, 09:20 AM
What a Mc douche! This fuggn lil cry baby punk wants an investigation......Awwwww thats cute you little pillowbiter.He has to be the most sissified head coach ever be in this league.I bet he listens to those you are someone,you are special,subliminal cds at night when he sleeps.I don't think Norn knows WAAAAAA WAAAAA! Fugg I wish Tom Cable was around this punk!!!

Rain Man
11-29-2009, 09:29 AM
If either of these teams had any chance of getting past the first round of the playoffs, this would be a more interesting story. Right now, it's like watching a spelling bee among the lowest reading group.

Well, okay. Second-lowest.

Bane
11-29-2009, 09:32 AM
If either of these teams had any chance of getting past the first round of the playoffs, this would be a more interesting story. Right now, it's like watching a spelling bee among the lowest reading group.

Is that like saying Mc Dickhole being the HC of the Donkholes is kinda like being the driver on the short bus?ROFL

Agent V
11-29-2009, 09:33 AM

Exactly. Neither of these teams, regardless of who wins the division, is going deep in the playoffs.

Quesadilla Joe
11-29-2009, 10:23 AM
Exactly. Neither of these teams, regardless of who wins the division, is going deep in the playoffs.

At least we have a chance. What does it feel like to know your season over by week 4?

Bane
11-29-2009, 10:25 AM
At least we have a chance. What does it feel like to know your season over by week 4?

Maybe its just me but Id much rather it be over and know it by week 4 vs having it dangled in front of me and having SD rip it out of my hands and slap me like a bitch like they did the Donkholes last year....And prob this year as well.ROFL

DBOSHO
11-29-2009, 10:50 AM
lets all say goodbye to knowmo, because after next week im sure we wont see him for some time.

Kerberos
11-29-2009, 11:32 AM

Leave Mile High alone. He is one of the best Donk posters we have.

While I don't condone some of the Donk fans that post here (BlowMo2724) I don't own the board and if they are allowed then posters like Mile High make this forum more interesting.

As I enjoy your postings most of the time Clayton you need to take a Paxil and calm down.

Mile High Mania
11-29-2009, 11:36 AM
Leave Mile High alone. He is one of the best Donk posters we have.

While I don't condone some of the Donk fans that post here (BlowMo2724) I don't own the board and if they are allowed then posters like Mile High make this forum more interesting.

As I enjoy your postings most of the time Clayton you need to take a Paxil and calm down.

Nobody takes GC seriously... :D

Agent V
11-29-2009, 12:11 PM

It feels good to beat the Steelers.

Oh, you wouldn't know anything about that. Sorry.

DBOSHO
11-29-2009, 12:21 PM
It feels good to beat the Steelers.

Oh, you wouldn't know anything about that. Sorry.

dont forget the redskins :D

Bane
11-29-2009, 01:06 PM
Bump

Quiet Storm
11-29-2009, 02:07 PM
Phillips is a worthless thug. Always has been. When the Rivers VS Cutler trash talking happened Phillips was standing right next to Rivers flashing gang signs. :shake:

Stop making up ****ing lies!!! You are a female-gossiping bitch talking about another man you don't even know. You must have high levels of estrogen if you're going to make up lies about other grown men.

Perfect line. We aren't worried about Dungver anymore. We control our own destiny. 2nd seed in the playoffs.
"We've moved on and we're not going to lower ourselves by responding," said Johnston.