PDA

View Full Version : News 4 Police officers shot dead near Seattle in coffee shop******

Johnny Vegas
11-29-2009, 12:39 PM
BREAKING NEWS

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/11/29/washington.police.shooting/index.html

this is absolutely horrible.

banyon
11-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Live coverage:

http://www.king5.com/home/Video-stream-66419867.html

DumbHillbillies
11-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Tragedy, unless they were dirty.

banyon
11-29-2009, 12:54 PM

Even if they were, they shouldn't have been murdered.

Sure-Oz
11-29-2009, 12:55 PM
wow

banyon
11-29-2009, 12:59 PM
What are the odds of this thug not coming out in a body bag I wonder.

Easy 6
11-29-2009, 01:00 PM
Uhhh, only a $10,000 reward?

Wow, this isnt ****ing Mexico, no amount of $ or manpower should be spared to get the suspect/s.

banyon
11-29-2009, 01:02 PM
Black Male 20's-30's 5-7, black coat, blue jeans, "scruffy appearance"

Sure-Oz
11-29-2009, 01:02 PM
im sure the seattle pd will make sure that they get owned

chiefsfan987
11-29-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm pretty sure there were two other cops that were murdered in Seattle just a few weeks ago. I rarely watch the news but remember hearing about it. Maybe its the same guy who did that?

Rain Man
Wow. Hopefully it was just a thug and not a terrorism kind of deal.

Mr. Laz
too bad they didn't use tazers

Johnny Vegas
11-29-2009, 01:07 PM
wtf it was just 1 guy?? I hope they get this motherfucker before he does something similar again. I hope they get him alive.

gblowfish
11-29-2009, 01:07 PM
This was a targeted ambush.
I suspect Ryan Sims.
Nobody messes with his donut supply.

Bane
11-29-2009, 01:08 PM
wtf it was just 1 guy?? I hope they get this mother****er before he does something similar again. I hope they get him alive.

Thats a fuggn shame.I dislike most cops but this is just plain horrible.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-29-2009, 01:09 PM
Nuts. 4 officers in Parkland, WA (Tacoma area) are sitting in a coffee shop with their laptops open and working. Someone walks in, shoots only the officers, kills them all, then flees on foot. It appears to be truly random. Unreal.........

Dante84
11-29-2009, 01:10 PM
No way that's random. Sounds shady as fuck.

I know real life is different than "Departed" or any other movie, but come on. This sounds real shady.

banyon
11-29-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty sure there were two other cops that were murdered in Seattle just a few weeks ago. I rarely watch the news but remember hearing about it. Maybe its the same guy who did that?

They thought they caught that guy it looks like:

http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=11467030

Police say Christopher Monfort, 41, killed one Seattle police officer and wounded another Halloween night. Officials believe Monfort is also responsible for fire-bombing police vehicles in a maintenance yard on Oct. 22, and describe him as a domestic terrorist. American flags were left at the scene of both crimes.

Bane
11-29-2009, 01:11 PM
No way that's random. Sounds shady as ****.

I know real life is different than "Departed" or any other movie, but come on. This sounds real shady.

Yeah random my ass.

Johnny Vegas
11-29-2009, 01:12 PM
Thats a fuggn shame.I dislike most cops but this is just plain horrible.

I hear ya. Cuz now its someones favorite uncle/aunt, mom/dad, daughter/son, husband/wife, and a friend. Just a shame.

Easy 6
11-29-2009, 01:18 PM
Nuts. 4 officers in Parkland, WA (Tacoma area) are sitting in a coffee shop with their laptops open and working. Someone walks in, shoots only the officers, kills them all, then flees on foot. It appears to be truly random. Unreal.........

Have you heard anything about the incident in post#10? Is there maybe some little gansta/s up there targeting police?

Jack
11-29-2009, 01:21 PM

Absolutely irresponsible statement. You should retract this. Dirty cops do not get summarily executed.

This was an ambush, pure and simple. Cops had no chance. Retaliation for the Seattle shooting of a cop-killer suspect?

My stepson is a police officer in Tumwater, 30 miles south. I pray he is a good shot if he takes fire of any sort like this.

Seattle "took care of business" (MY TERM ONLY) getting the suspect of the attack one of their cops. He resisted, decided he could win the shootout and the cops responded with extreme prejudice.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-29-2009, 01:24 PM
Have you heard anything about the incident in post#10? Is there maybe some little gansta/s up there targeting police?

No. Not that's known at this point. They have towed a pickup truck they think may have belonged to the suspect. But this is all 3 hours old and they're just getting started. I'll tell you what though, they have about 3 square blocks around the coffee shop where it all happened blocked off with dozens and dozens of officers out there.

Bane
11-29-2009, 01:24 PM

Sounds to me like something one would do to "jump" into a gang.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Lakewood police officers. Lakewood is a Tacoma suburb and the LPD was just formed about 7 years ago.

nychief
Black Male 20's-30's 5-7, black coat, blue jeans, "scruffy appearance"

Omar?

Brock

Take a death penalty charge to get into a gang? That's some kind of gang.

Bane
11-29-2009, 01:30 PM
Take a death penalty charge to get into a gang? That's some kind of gang.

Im just saying man,you'd be surprised what some people will do to get in.
You know some 1% MC's require a kill of a rival MC's member to patch in.Not heard of so much now days but its not unheard of.

Dante84
11-29-2009, 01:31 PM

Yeah, that would be a pretty tough initiation move. 4 cops?

Whatever happened to the good ol' days of getting your ass kicked by the group and if you show toughness you are in?

Boon
11-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Where's Clint Eastwood when you need him?

Johnny Vegas
11-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Yeah, that would be a pretty tough initiation move. 4 cops?

Whatever happened to the good ol' days of getting your ass kicked by the group and if you show toughness you are in?

I don't know. How bout you fill me in on your gang initiation ass kickings... :D

Easy 6
11-29-2009, 01:36 PM
No. Not that's known at this point. They have towed a pickup truck they think may have belonged to the suspect. But this is all 3 hours old and they're just getting started. I'll tell you what though, they have about 3 square blocks around the coffee shop where it all happened blocked off with dozens and dozens of officers out there.

Looks like i missed Banyons post clearing my question up. But its certainly strange having 2 incidents like this so closely together.

I'm not as naive as the statement sounds, but the Seattle area isnt exactly a city i think of as being so bloodily violent.

Bane
11-29-2009, 01:37 PM
I don't know. How bout you fill me in on your gang initiation ass kickings... :D

Im not saying thats what it is,I was just going with what the other poster had said.Im not gang affiliated in any sense.I grew up with a few kids that ended up in the Crips,Bloods,Vice Lords,and some of the smaller gangs in the Memphis,St,Louis,Chicago area.I didn't want anything to do with the gang life as I had too many responsibilities and chose to stay away from that shit.I have seen some wild shit though.

Fritz88
11-29-2009, 01:38 PM
wtf is going on? 4 cops dead!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dante84
11-29-2009, 01:40 PM

Well, I had an internship with the bloods when i was 17, but due to the economy at the time, they were on a hiring freeze and couldn't bring me on full-time. I toughed it out for a year, and quit because they wanted me to work on the same Saturday that we had prom. No thanks, Guys!

I decided to go to college, and then after graduation I joined the Crips, and kind of worked my way up from the mail room. I'm still doing entry level work, but the benefits are great. Excellent dental/vision plan. They even give me a day off for my Birthday!

Johnny Vegas
11-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Im not saying thats what it is,I was just going with what the other poster had said.Im not gang affiliated in any sense.I grew up with a few kids that ended up in the Crips,Bloods,Vice Lords,and some of the smaller gangs in the Memphis,St,Louis,Chicago area.I didn't want anything to do with the gang life as I had too many responsibilities and chose to stay away from that shit.I have seen some wild shit though.

lol I wasn't being serious I found it funny Dante said whatever happened to the good ol days of getting your ass kicked to get in? lol

Mr. Flopnuts
11-29-2009, 01:41 PM
Looks like i missed Banyons post clearing my question up. But its certainly strange having 2 incidents like this so closely together.

I'm not as naive as the statement sounds, but the Seattle area isnt exactly a city i think of as being so bloodily violent.

I never said you were naive dude. Not at all. And you're right, Seattle is not a violent city. At all. There is just very little known at this point, but they're talking about the possibility of a cop targeting killer on the news.

Easy 6
11-29-2009, 01:46 PM
I never said you were naive dude. Not at all. And you're right, Seattle is not a violent city. At all. There is just very little known at this point, but they're talking about the possibility of a cop targeting killer on the news.

LOL, i knew you werent taking any digs at me...*Conan says* 'BE COOL MY BABIES!:)'.

Pioli Zombie
11-29-2009, 02:33 PM
Niles Crane had had enough!!!
Posted via Mobile Device

CoMoChief
11-29-2009, 02:54 PM
Holy god.....he's gonna take down the entire force

Thig Lyfe
11-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Omar?

Omar don't kill cops. A man got to have a code.

This sounds more like something one of Marlo's cronies would do.

Chiefless
11-29-2009, 04:55 PM
Whoever this guy is killed four cops who were all wearing vests in broad daylight in an open coffee shop and got away without anyone getting a good look at him. That's someone who's scary-efficient at killing armed people.

The earlier cop killing was similar...cops were in their cruiser and the killer snuck up in his car and unloaded on it. The passenger cop "felt" it at the last second and screamed duck. She survived and fired a couple of shots into his car. That's how they caught that one. And I think his apartment was full of homemade bombs.

They don't know (or didn't know about 2 hours ago) whether the two incidents are related. I won't lie...it's a little scary living around people crazy enough to kill cops in cold blood.

googlegoogle
11-29-2009, 05:06 PM
"The suspect is described as an African-American man, between 5 feet 7 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall, wearing a black coat and blue jeans, with a "scruffy" appearance, he said." Sounds gang related.

Dante84
11-29-2009, 05:51 PM
"The suspect is described as an African-American man, between 5 feet 7 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall, wearing a black coat and blue jeans, with a "scruffy" appearance, he said." Sounds gang related.

Sounds like one million plus Americans.

Pioli Zombie
11-29-2009, 06:05 PM
Darren Sproles shot 4 cops????
Posted via Mobile Device

Bwana
11-29-2009, 06:08 PM
Hunt this POS down and kill him, S-L-O-W-L-Y. Save the tax payers a few bucks.

DenverChief
11-29-2009, 08:43 PM
http://www.lafayettegrapevine.com/file/sns_uploads/1/images/ThinBlueLine.jpg
:crybaby:

Rest In Peace Brothers

NewChief
11-29-2009, 08:44 PM
Evidently the guy wanted as the prime suspect in this shooting had his life sentence commuted by Huckabee in 2000.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2010385617_webmansought29.html

Huckabee can kiss his political aspirations goodbye.

stevieray
11-29-2009, 08:49 PM
maybe it's just me, but it seems that PO's are getting shot more than in the past.

Pioli Zombie
11-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Evidently the guy wanted as the prime suspect in this shooting had his life sentence commuted by Huckabee in 2000.

Holy crap this guy is a nutball! He made his family gather and strip because "every family needs to be naked on sunday"
Posted via Mobile Device

NewChief
11-29-2009, 08:51 PM
maybe it's just me, but it seems that PO's are getting shot more than in the past.

I don't remember one quite this bad in a while (outside of the Ft. Hood shooting, which wasn't really police officers, but similar). Evidently this guy has a pretty extensive history of mental illness.

Feel horrible for these police officers and their families. Truly a tragedy.

NewChief
11-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Holy crap this guy is a nutball! He made his family gather and strip because "every family needs to be naked on sunday"
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah, I can't figure out how in the hell he got his sentence commuted? It looks like he was in trouble with the law immediately after getting released upon his sentence getting commuted. You'd think it would work like a parole situation where if you don't keep your nose clean and show that you were worthy of the pardon, then it's back to jail for life.

stevieray
11-29-2009, 08:56 PM
Feel horrible for these police officers and their families. Truly a tragedy.
absolutely....and the holidays no less...:(

Mr. Flopnuts
11-29-2009, 08:57 PM

Holy shit.................

'Hamas' Jenkins
11-29-2009, 09:49 PM
Willie Horton lives.

beer bacon
11-29-2009, 11:02 PM

I don't think more police officers have been killed in the line of duty this year than usual:

http://odmp.org/year.php?year=2009&Submit=Go

ClevelandBronco
11-29-2009, 11:27 PM
From beer bacon's link:

"Sergeant Mark Renninger, Officer Tina Griswold, Officer Greg Richards, and Officer Ronald Owen were shot and killed at a coffee shop in the Lakewood area.

A man entered a coffee shop where the four officers were working on their laptop computers. He stood in line and when he reached the counter he pulled a gun out of his coat and turned and started firing at the four officers. Two officers were hit before they could react, one officer was shot as he attempted to struggle with the gunman, and another officer fired toward the gunman as he fled, and may have hit him. Two employees and other customers were inside the coffee shop, but were not shot or injured. All four officers died at the scene.

Officer Griswold had served with the Lakewood Police Department for five years and had a total of fourteen years of law enforcement experience. She is survived by her husband and two children.

Officer Owen had served with the Lakewood Police Department for five years and had a total of twelve years of law enforcement experience. He is survived by his daughter.

Sergeant Renninger had 13 years of law enforcement experience, five with the Lakewood Police Department and eight with the Tukwila Police Department. He is survived by his wife and three children.

Officer Richards had served with the Lakewood police Department for five years and had total of eight years of law enforcement experience. He is survived by his wife and three children."

Nine kids.

Pitt Gorilla
11-29-2009, 11:32 PM

Huckabee can kiss his political aspirations goodbye.What would possess Mike Huckabee to let this POS go? Unreal.

Joe Seahawk
11-29-2009, 11:49 PM
What would possess Mike Huckabee to let this POS go? Unreal.

In a news release, the sheriff's office said Clemmons has an extensive violent criminal history from Arkansas, including aggravated robbery and theft. Clemmons also recently was arrested and charged in Pierce County in Washington state for third-degree assault on a police officer, and second-degree rape of a child.

And WTF did Pierce County let him go? Unbelievable..

Mr. Flopnuts
11-30-2009, 12:17 AM
And WTF did Pierce County let him go? Unbelievable..

He had felony warrants out for his arrest at his time of release. As well as 8 in state felony charges including 2nd degree rape of a child. This guy has had every single person he's come into contact with drop the ball and let him go. Those 4 families without their loved ones should sue.

Joe Seahawk
11-30-2009, 12:19 AM
apparently a SWAT team is surrounding a house that he is believed to be in right now on 32nd and E Yesler

Mr. Flopnuts
11-30-2009, 12:27 AM
apparently a SWAT team is surrounding a house that he is believed to be in right now on 32nd and E Yesler

I just saw that. Out in the Leschi neighborhood. Hopefully this comes to an end and no one dies other than the scumbag that's already ruined DOZENS of lives.

beer bacon
11-30-2009, 12:29 AM
What would possess Mike Huckabee to let this POS go? Unreal.

Arkansas needed to make room for more pot heads. Felony level crime has gone down in the last hundred years, but prison population has increased exponentially, and most of that is due to drug related offenses. Prisons are stuffed with non-violent offenders, and it is the point where states are constantly in crisis over it. The pressures builds up and guys like this cop murdering piece of shit slip back into society.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-30-2009, 12:32 AM
Arkansas needed to make room for more pot heads. Felony level crime has gone down in the last hundred years, but prison population has increased exponentially, and most of that is due to drug related offenses. Prisons are stuffed with non-violent offenders, and it is the point where states are constantly in crisis over it. The pressures builds up and guys like this cop murdering piece of shit slip back into society.

Don't forget the guys that snap over their entire future being taken away from them for the minor drug charges regarding employment, housing, etc. and you have a lot of room for shit like this to go down.

We're animals. We may be passive by nature, but those animal instincts come out when we feel like we've been boxed in a corner with no hope for survival. I'm certainly not making excuses for what's happened here, and honestly, this thread is probably not the best forum to talk about this kind of thing, but it's reality.

Mr. Flopnuts
11-30-2009, 12:36 AM
Wow. they just broke off the regular programming to tell people living in the neighborhood to batten down the hatches and lock your shit up. This has really stirred some serious fear in a community not known for freaking out.

Looks like it's going to come to it's conclusion one way or the other.

kcfanXIII
11-30-2009, 05:17 AM
i don't see where dirty cops deserve better than to die a criminal's death, but thats just my opinion. doesn't sound like these 4 were dirty, and that makes this a tragedy. i truly feel for the families of the victims and hope justice is served.

blaise
11-30-2009, 07:05 AM
I hope they can take this guy in alive and make him answer for his actions. Letting him die without looking anyone in the eye is too easy.

NewChief
11-30-2009, 07:39 AM
I hope they can take this guy in alive and make him answer for his actions. Letting him die without looking anyone in the eye is too easy.

I agree, but it sounds like the guy is insane. I don't know if he'll ever be able to truly answer for his actions due to that.

Bugeater
11-30-2009, 07:42 AM
**** that, I'd rather not see the sack of shit enjoy even one more taxpayer funded meal.

Bwana
11-30-2009, 08:49 AM
**** that, I'd rather not see the sack of shit enjoy even one more taxpayer funded meal.

Bingo. I hope he takes a shot at the SWAT team and they put one between his eyes. Dig a hole, toss him in it, piss on his body and kick a little dirt on him. Screw paying for this POS for the next 50 years on the tax payers dime. :shake:

The four officer's this drag on society shot:

http://www.foxnews.com/images/589339/4_65_c320.jpg (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,577765,00.html#)

Bwana
11-30-2009, 09:05 AM
He may already be taking a dirt nap from getting shot at the coffee house.

SEATTLE — A suspect in the slaying of four police officers who were gunned down in a suburban coffee shop was surrounded by police at a Seattle house early Monday, wounded and possibly dead, police said.

Negotiators were trying to communicate with Maurice Clemmons, 37, using loudspeakers, explosions and even a robot to try to prod him from hiding. At one point, gunshots rang through the neighborhood, about 30 miles from the original crime scene.

"We have determined that in fact he has been shot," said Ed Troyer, a spokesman for the Pierce County Sheriff. "He may be deceased from his gunshot wound."

Clemmons, who has a long criminal history — including a long prison sentence commuted by former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee nearly a decade ago — became the prime target Sunday in the search for the killer of Lakewood police Sgt. Mark Renninger, 39, and Officers Ronald Owens, 37, Tina Griswold, 40, and Greg Richards, 42.

Authorities had speculated early Sunday that the gunman might have been wounded at the coffee shop by one of his victims. Troyer said interviews with others detained in the investigation confirmed that theory.

Police surrounded the house late Sunday, and a negotiator used a loudspeaker early Monday to call him out by name, saying: "Mr. Clemmons, I'd like to get you out of there safely. I can tell you this, we are not going away. "Any response from inside the house was inaudible from the vantage of a photographer for The Associated Press. But shortly thereafter, police began using sirens outside the house, and there were several loud bangs before the negotiator resumed speaking, saying: "This is one of the toughest decisions you'll make in your life, but you need to man up."

By 3 a.m. Pacific time, the loudspeakers and explosions had fallen silent. Seattle Police spokesman Jeff Kappel said Clemmons has never responded.
Clemmons is believed to have been in the area of the coffee shop around the time of the shooting, but Troyer declined to say what evidence might link him to the shooting.

Investigators say they know of no reason that Clemmons or anyone else might have had to open fire on the four as they sat working on their laptops early Sunday morning, catching up on paperwork at the beginning of their shifts.

"We're going to be surprised if there is a motive worth mentioning," said Troyer, who sketched out a scene of controlled and deliberate carnage that spared the employees and other customers at the coffee shop in suburban Parkland, about 35 miles south of Seattle.

"He was very versed with the weapon," Troyer said. "This wasn't something where the windows were shot up and there bullets sprayed around the place. The bullets hit their targets."
Officer Richards' sister-in-law, Melanie Burwell, called the shooting "senseless."

"He didn't have a mean bone in his body," she said. "If there were more people in the world like Greg, things like this wouldn't happen.

Clemmons has an extensive violent criminal history from Arkansas. He was also recently charged in Washington state with assaulting a police officer, and second-degree rape of a child. Using a bail bondsman, he posted $150,000 — only $15,000 of his own money — and was released from jail last week.

Documents related to the pending charges in Washington state indicate an unstable and volatile personality. In one instance, he is accused of punching a sheriff's deputy in the face, The Seattle Times reported. In another, he is accused of gathering his wife and young relatives and forcing them to undress, according to a Pierce County sheriff's report.

"The whole time Clemmons kept saying things like trust him, the world is going to end soon, and that he was Jesus," the report said.

Troyer said investigators believe two of the officers were killed while sitting in the shop, and a third was shot dead after standing up. The fourth apparently "gave up a good fight."

"We believe there was a struggle, a commotion, a fight ... that he fought the guy all the way out the door," Troyer said.

In 1989, Clemmons, then 17, was convicted in Little Rock for aggravated robbery. He was paroled in 2000 after Huckabee commuted a 95-year prison sentence.

Huckabee, who was criticized during his run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008 for granting many clemencies and commutations, cited Clemmons' youth. Clemmons later violated his parole, was returned to prison and released in 2004.

On Sunday, Huckabee issued this statement on his Web site: "Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be the result of a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington state."

There was no indication of any connection between Sunday's killings and the Halloween night shooting of a Seattle police officer.

Authorities say the man charged with that shooting also firebombed four police vehicles in October as part of a "one-man war" against law enforcement.

Christopher Monfort, 41, was arrested after being wounded in a firefight with police days after the Seattle shooting.

The officers killed Sunday had received no threats, sheriff's officials said.
"We won't know if it's a copycat effect or what it was until we get the case solved," Troyer said

CoMoChief
11-30-2009, 09:29 AM

I dont think looking anyone in the eye is going to make this guy "think" about what he did, nor make him suffer. I doubt he really cares at all.

Easy 6
11-30-2009, 09:40 AM
He should REALLY hope that he dies in a final confrontation.

A guy i knew spent 6 months in the LA County jail, there was a guy there that had went into a small police sub-station & shot the Sgt. on duty inthe head, without a single word as he sat at the front desk.

Well, while awaiting his trial the guards would take him, almost nightly, into an elevator near the cell block & stop it between floors, within purposeful earshot of the other inmates & just beat him mercilessly. The guy would scream bloody murder, crying, begging for it to stop... he said it sounded like a little girls wails.

Brazen cop killers are made an example of at every opportunity, he better hope for a quick death.

blaise
11-30-2009, 10:00 AM
I dont think looking anyone in the eye is going to make this guy "think" about what he did, nor make him suffer. I doubt he really cares at all.

probably not, and believe me I wouldn't be sad if he's dead now. I just think these type of guys want to get killed at the scene so they don't have to sit and listen to what a scumbag they are. He probably wouldn't care, and maybe it wouldn't make him suffer, but it might in some way. I don't think he'll regreat what he did because it was wrong, but he might suffer anguish sitting in prison. I guess I'm just saying I wish he could suffer a punishment worse than getting shot. Like spending the next 9 years in a prison knowing he's going to get executed.

blaise
11-30-2009, 10:22 AM
The AP is now reporting that he isn't in the house the police were surrounding.

Joe Seahawk
11-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Apparently the scum was not in the house they were surrounding, It's only a matter of time before he's caught or killed, I just hope he's eliminated before anyone else is hurt.

Statement from the Lakewood police guild.

This morning a complete coward and threat upon all of society took the lives of four of my Guild members and your sworn protectors in a cold blooded assassination. As I write this I am numb. We were dealt a nasty blow, good men and women I have had the honor of knowing for years are senselessly gone. There is no way to comprehend it, to validate it, or to make sense of any of it. You cannot understand evil like this, as a community we must form a solid bond against criminals and hold them accountable. I know my members and can say with certainty that as a group we will remain professional and will continue to work to protect those of you we have taken an oath to protect. If you know a cop tell them how much you appreciate them, it truly keeps us going.

Please pray for these officers and their families. All of them had significant others and children who are left behind. As a Guild we will do anything we can. If you want to donate to the families our Guild has a benevolent account. Every penny will go to the families; if you want to donate to a specific officer you can write his or her name in the memo section. If the check is made out to LPIG at PO Box 99579 Lakewood, WA 98499. I will personally make sure it goes where it is intended. May God bless you four who are in a place so much better than this; you are some of the finest professionals I have ever known. God bless our community today.

Brian D. Wurts, President

Lakewood Police Independent Guild

Demonpenz
11-30-2009, 11:42 AM
I play farmville at that same coffee shop all the time

Pablo
11-30-2009, 12:09 PM
After his 1992 hit, 'Cop Killer', this man is now considered a suspect.

http://hiphopandpolitics.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/ice-t-photo-ice-t.jpg

Demonpenz
11-30-2009, 12:13 PM
this was close to the candian border, maybe snow is to blame. Informer!

Slainte
12-01-2009, 06:24 AM
Sheriff's spokesman: Police fatally shoot suspect

17 mins ago
SEATTLE – A sheriff's spokesman in Washington state says Seattle police have fatally shot the man suspected of gunning down four police officers.

Pierce County sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer says Maurice Clemmons was shot and killed early Tuesday in a Seattle neighborhood. Authorities suspected Clemmons of killing the four officers at a coffee shop Sunday morning in Lakewood, a suburb about 35 miles south of Seattle.

Troyer says Seattle police found Clemmons after Pierce County authorities supplied addresses of possible hiding spots.

Police have said they aren't sure what prompted Clemmons to shoot the officers as they did paperwork on their laptops. Clemmons was described as increasingly erratic in the past few months.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091201/ap_on_re_us/us_officers_shot

Suspect in police killings shot dead

Seattle, Washington (CNN) -- The man wanted in the fatal shooting of four police officers was shot and killed Tuesday in south Seattle after he challenged police who approached him, authorities said.

The Seattle police department confirmed to the Pierce County sheriff's office that Maurice Clemmons was killed in the shooting, sheriff's spokesman Ed Troyer said.

The shooting took place about 2 a.m. It ended a two-day manhunt for Clemmons, 37, that began Sunday after an ambush-style killing of four police officers from Lakewood, about 40 miles south of Seattle.

The slain officers were identified as Sgt. Mark Renninger, 39; Officer Ronald Owens, 37; Officer Tina Griswold, 40; and Officer Greg Richards, 42. All of them were parents and had been with the department since its inception.

Clemmons was an ex-convict with a long rap sheet in Washington and Arkansas, according to authorities and documents.

Witnesses say Clemmons was shot in the torso during the Sunday morning attack, and blood and gauze bandages were found in a truck linked to Clemmons, Troyer said.

Clemmons is thought to have slipped away from a home in Seattle's Leschi neighborhood Sunday night, before police surrounded the residence for about 12 hours. He was not found in the home when the investigators moved in Monday morning, Seattle police spokesman Jeff Kappel told reporters.

The night before the shootings, Clemmons had threatened to kill police officers, but witnesses did not report those threats until after the slayings, Troyer said on ABC's "Good Morning America."

Clemmons was accused of child rape and assaulting a police officer in May. He had been released on $150,000 bond five days before the shootings, according to court records.

After his arrest, Clemmons' sister told police that he "had not been himself lately" and that his behavior was "unpredictable and erratic."

"He had said that the Secret Service was coming to get him because he had written a letter to the president," an affidavit quoted her as telling investigators.

In addition, neighbors had complained that he had been throwing rocks through their windows.

In 2000, then-Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee commuted a 95-year prison sentence for Clemmons, according to documents from the Arkansas Department of Community Correction. He returned to prison in 2001 but was paroled in 2004.

"Should he be found responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be the result of a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington state," Huckabee's office said in a statement Sunday night.

http://http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/01/washington.suspect.shot/index.html

big nasty kcnut
12-01-2009, 06:31 AM
Good he getting ass reamed by gacy in hell burn mother fucker.

Pioli Zombie
12-01-2009, 06:52 AM
Today Huckabee issue a statement saying if he hadnt released Clemmons, he would still be alive and a menace to society. So..in a way.. he, Huckabee, should get...the credit...for...you know..being tough.....on....crime?
Posted via Mobile Device

big nasty kcnut
12-01-2009, 07:13 AM
No huckabee now really suckabee.

Amnorix
12-01-2009, 07:20 AM
Wow, killed resisting arrest. That's a real surprise. Real shame too.

Sometimes, the old school criminal justice system works just fine for me.

big nasty kcnut
12-01-2009, 07:30 AM
natural selection is a good thing get rid of scums in the gene pool.

Bwana
12-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Great news! This is the way I figured it would end. You don't live through shooting four cops, unless you walk into a police station with a lawyer and news crew to turn yourself in.

This POS needs to be taking a dirt nap and not costing honest tax payers money sitting in jail. The world is a better place without this dirtbag in it.

BigRedChief
12-01-2009, 07:39 AM
No huckabee now really suckabee.Willie Horton II? The Republican challengers in the primaries will kill him with this.

wild1
12-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Unbelievable that this parasite had friends and family hiding him.

mlyonsd
12-01-2009, 08:08 AM

QFT.

blaise
12-01-2009, 08:40 AM

Hopefully they serve time for it.

vailpass
12-01-2009, 08:41 AM
Great news! This is the way I figured it would end. You don't live through shooting four cops, unless you walk into a police station with a lawyer and news crew to turn yourself in.

This POS needs to be taking a dirt nap and not costing honest tax payers money sitting in jail. The world is a better place without this dirtbag in it.

Yes X 10.

Amnorix
12-01-2009, 08:44 AM
Willie Horton II? The Republican challengers in the primaries will kill him with this.

Yeah, this is probably the death knell for Huckabee's presidential aspirations.

stevieray
12-01-2009, 08:45 AM
thank goodness there wasn't any hate involved.

blaise
12-01-2009, 08:48 AM
thank goodness there wasn't any hate involved.

There's blogs out there now celebrating this guy, and calling for street celebrations.

MOhillbilly
12-01-2009, 08:53 AM
http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/MSHPWeb/UltimateSacrifice/OfficerPages/trooperJimmieLinegar.html

blaise
12-01-2009, 08:58 AM
There's a lesser known memorial in D.C. over in Judiciary Square that has the names of law enforcement officers killed in duty etched into a wall. It's worth checking out if you visit D.C.

MOhillbilly
12-01-2009, 08:58 AM
The Young Brothers

http://www.greenecountymo.org/sheriff/file/young_brothers.pdf

MOhillbilly
12-01-2009, 09:00 AM
There's a lesser known memorial in D.C. over in Judiciary Square that has the names of law enforcement officers killed in duty etched into a wall. It's worth checking out if you visit D.C.

Dave C Tait was a member of The Order. Some crazy shit went on in SW MO/ NE AR back in the late 70s to mid 80s.

Johnny Vegas
12-01-2009, 09:29 AM
There's blogs out there now celebrating this guy, and calling for street celebrations.

I've never thought I'd hear such a fucked up thing.

Glad they got that cocksucker. Great for the city to get the search finished. Now the families can have their time to heal.

Dottefan
12-01-2009, 09:49 AM
Omar don't kill cops. A man got to have a code.

This sounds more like something one of Marlo's cronies would do.

The wire..best damn show ever

rockymtnchief
12-01-2009, 10:19 AM

I agree.

Sadly, if he were to go back to prison he'd probably be treated like a king for killing the officers.

Chiefless
12-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Hopefully they serve time for it.

Dude was a lunatic. If I were his family I would do everything he said and hope like hell he didn't kill me too. Jeez.

Easy 6
12-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Thats too bad, he deserved atleast a couple of vicious beatings before he died.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-01-2009, 11:46 AM
In 1989, Clemmons, then 17, was convicted in Little Rock for aggravated robbery. He was paroled in 2000 after Huckabee commuted a 95-year prison sentence.

Huckabee, who was criticized during his run for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008 for granting many clemencies and commutations, cited Clemmons' youth. Clemmons later violated his parole, was returned to prison and released in 2004.

On Sunday, Huckabee issued this statement on his Web site: "Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be the result of a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington state."

Color me shocked that Mike Huckabee won't take any responsibility for his role in this whole fiasco. He's a real Christian.

banyon
12-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Clemmons was accused of child rape and assaulting a police officer in May. He had been released on $150,000 bond five days before the shootings, according to court records.

This was the problem right here. Released for $15k on a Jessica's law/child rape and assaulting an LEO with a laundry list of violent priors?

NewChief
12-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Color me shocked that Mike Huckabee won't take any responsibility for his role in this whole fiasco. He's a real Christian.

The worst is that this is the second dude that he's commuted/pardoned who has gone on to commit a crime again. Salon.com had a good piece up about the whole Huckabee pardon thing, but I don't really want to send this thread to DC, so I'll leave it alone.

Buck
12-01-2009, 02:55 PM
I wonder if the officer's story is true, or if he just shot the guy when he realized it was him. Either way, it was deserved.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-02-2009, 10:28 AM
You think this wasn't an emotional week in Seattle? This is the first time anyone has randomly sent me a picture of a dead guy in the morgue. I can confirm that Maurice Clemmons is no longer among the living.

Easy 6
12-02-2009, 05:42 PM
You think this wasn't an emotional week in Seattle? This is the first time anyone has randomly sent me a picture of a dead guy in the morgue. I can confirm that Maurice Clemmons is no longer among the living.

What a sad, bizarre story that played out up there & what an ending.

This guy was going to ambush yet another cop... shot up, on the run & crazy enough to do it again with a slain officers gun, unbelievable. And actually had cohorts insane enough to help him do it, unbelieveable.

Great job by the officer of being alert & keeping his nerve for the kill as the bastard reached for his, would he have been lax & lost in his paperwork he'd be dead & the guy would still be loose.

Hollywood will be all over this.