PDA

View Full Version : Food and Drink Pre Auth at a strip club?

Hootie
11-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Anyone ever start a bar tab at a strip club?

If so...did you ever get hit with a pre-authorization charge?

I was pretty drunk and had a tab at a strip club and I was looking at my statement today and had a $200 pre auth charge from said establishment...

Now I vaguely remember the actual amount my tab was...or what I tipped...but I think it was between the $45-$60 range.

Before I go make a fool out of myself at this wonderful establishment...do you think I should just wait until the charge is actually posted? Has anyone ever experienced a pre auth on a bar tab before?

Just curious...I usually pay cash at bars...so I haven't ran into this before.

LaChapelle
11-29-2009, 07:09 PM
Spackling doesn't come cheap

Frazod
11-29-2009, 07:12 PM
Drunk, strippers and credit cards don't mix. I've never heard of this particular scam, but it's not surprising.

Bwana
11-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

http://sattlers.org/mickey/site/archive/2005/02/images/2005-02-john-vernon.jpg

Hootie
11-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Drunk, strippers and credit cards don't mix. I've never heard of this particular scam, but it's not surprising.

well it was all drink related...I didn't get any dances or anything like that...I don't even like strip clubs...

I'm thinking either the bartender decided to screw me over, or maybe they just wanted to make sure I actually had money on my card before they let me open the tab...

Terribilis
11-29-2009, 07:25 PM
well it was all drink related...I didn't get any dances or anything like that...I don't even like strip clubs...

I'm thinking either the bartender decided to screw me over, or maybe they just wanted to make sure I actually had money on my card before they let me open the tab...
probably the latter, seems like a good way to lose customers otherwise...

BillSelfsTrophycase
11-29-2009, 07:27 PM
Pre-authorizations are just that, just the merchant making sure your drunk ass had enough in there to cover your anticipated debauchery. Now if that $200 actually posts, then it's time to throw a shitfit

Hootie
11-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Pre-authorizations are just that, just the merchant making sure your drunk ass had enough in there to cover your anticipated debauchery. Now if that $200 actually posts, then it's time to throw a shitfit

Good.

I feel a little bit better...I was pretty confused/upset when I first saw it...but then I did some googling and figured somebody on here might have had something like that happen before.

luv
11-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Good.

I feel a little bit better...I was pretty confused/upset when I first saw it...but then I did some googling and figured somebody on here might have had something like that happen before.

Hotels do the same thing when you book reservations. And car rental places. I had a friend rent a car with his debit card, and it had a pre auth of $400 since it was debit and not credit. Not sure if that's true of all places or not.

Psyko Tek
11-29-2009, 07:57 PM
been to strip clubs years ago
and the atm fee was $20 buck
even then I walked away
no way I would give them my card

Bugeater
11-29-2009, 07:58 PM
It's the same thing that happens when you pay at the pump with your debit card, they set aside $75 until the actual amount you pumped gets posted.

ChiefsCountry
11-29-2009, 08:10 PM
even then I walked away
no way I would give them my card

And you can only take $50 and $100 out. :) Moral of the story never go hammered, horny drunk into a strip club.

Pioli Zombie
11-29-2009, 08:20 PM
That's what your wife and/or girlfriend is for. To help you go over your credit card statements to help you make sure everything look right.
Posted via Mobile Device

MadMax
11-29-2009, 08:41 PM

Just pee on her leg,that should cover it.

Fairplay
11-29-2009, 08:45 PM
So were the babes hot dude, give us the good the bad and the ugly on the pussy scene.

Rain Man
11-29-2009, 08:45 PM
You should have demanded to do some pre-groping.

StcChief
11-29-2009, 11:17 PM
even then I walked away
no way I would give them my cardan old neighbor owns a couple in strip clubs on East Side (E.STL).... no way I'd go fill 'em with money.
makes decent money on them. $10 about 10 years ago. Probably $20 now.

he knew the "right" people at the time.

dtebbe
11-30-2009, 08:30 AM
All jokes aside, I think a $200 pre-authorization is not out of line. Give it 48 hours to see the actual settlement amount before you make a fool of yourself. They just authorize the $200 to make sure you aren't some broke-ass trying to drink for free. Then they capture/settle the actual amount you spend. Hopefully you still have the paper copy of the charge, just in case. If you don't and they captured $200 you are screwed.

DT

HemiEd
11-30-2009, 11:10 AM
Pre-authorizations are just that, just the merchant making sure your drunk ass had enough in there to cover your anticipated debauchery. Now if that $200 actually posts, then it's time to throw a shitfitYeah, your card was checked to see if they could post $200, if you actually spent that much.

Demonpenz
11-30-2009, 11:30 AM
sounds like the place had a 200 dollar min to open a tab

The Franchise
11-30-2009, 11:33 AM
Never....and I repeat NEVER open a tab at a bar/strip club. It's way to easy to not check how much they actually charged you...and if you're drunk....you won't remember.

Jilly
11-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Hotels do the same thing when you book reservations. And car rental places. I had a friend rent a car with his debit card, and it had a pre auth of $400 since it was debit and not credit. Not sure if that's true of all places or not.

It must make the strippers feel good to be considered as the same as hotel rooms and car rentals.

Jilly
11-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Never....and I repeat NEVER open a tab at a bar/strip club. It's way to easy to not check how much they actually charged you...and if you're drunk....you won't remember.

We just use cash. Always cash. Hell, you have to get cash anyways for all the lap dances and such, so why not?

The Franchise
11-30-2009, 11:44 AM
It must make the strippers feel good to be considered as the same as hotel rooms and car rentals.

Well.....all three do get used and abused.

Demonpenz
11-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Well.....all three do get used and abused.

and cummed on