PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Jaycee Pearson of Metrosports.

googlegoogle
11-30-2009, 01:56 AM
'I don't understand why Gates was getting a free release and wasn't jammed at the line'.

Pendergast? What was he thinking?

kcxiv
11-30-2009, 02:47 AM
It was stupid fucking playcalling. time and time again, right over the middle. Whats even worse is all them times THERE WAS NO ONE fucking close to him. I understand he's a great tight end and he will get his catches, but at least make him fucking work for them catches.

Titty Meat
11-30-2009, 03:06 AM
Pendergast sucks but the Chiefs don't have the talent. Demarrio Williams is too small to be playing inside linebacker in a 3-4 defense.

kepp
11-30-2009, 08:07 AM
It was stupid ****ing playcalling. time and time again, right over the middle. Whats even worse is all them times THERE WAS NO ONE ****ing close to him.

It really reminded me of Mizzou's defense against ku. Talk about frustrating.

Dark Horse
11-30-2009, 08:27 AM
It doesn't really matter who the reciever is. The center of the field is always open.

ModSocks
11-30-2009, 03:33 PM
It doesn't really matter who the reciever is. The center of the field is always open.

HELLOOOOO!

It is always open, and will always be open. At least until we get some good safetys, better D-Line play and some LB's that can drop into coverage.

We had to play the safteys over the top to defend against the bomb. We had no choice. The chargers receivers are ****ing huge. All Rivers does is chuck it up to them and let them chase the ball down, and we can't allow them to do that all game long, now can we?

And since our D-Line can't get pressure themselves, we have to blitz our LB's. That leaves Gates to abuse what ever LB all day long over the middle, or work our whack ass zone

Truth is, we DO NOT match up well vs the Chargers at all. Pendergast is getting more heat then he deserves.

BigRedChief
11-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Jaycee Pearson lives about 100 yards from my house. He's a cool dude.

Brock
11-30-2009, 03:36 PM
For some strange reason, his name is spelled Jayice.

Frazod
11-30-2009, 03:40 PM

I've pondered that one before. That's a serious what-the-fuck-were-mom-and-dad-thinking? name.

:spock:

CoMoChief
11-30-2009, 03:50 PM

I bet he thinks you're a homo.

BigVE
11-30-2009, 03:59 PM

I have seen this many times over the years....momma/daddy knew the name she/he wanted but had no clue as to how to spell it right. Sure, we have the power to name our kids whatever we want and spell it any which way want so we the poor kid can be "different" but I would guarantee that the vast majority of these types of names (perhaps not his name) were/are the result of poor spelling. I had a buddy name his kid "Nicelus" (traditionally spelled Nicholas) and I asked him where he came up with that spelling he simply said "I thought that's how it was spelled."
Eh, to each their own I guess.

RockChalk
11-30-2009, 03:59 PM

Agree with you there. Played with him in a golf tournament once and he couldn't have been nicer. He seemed to genuinely enjoy playing in our group and told some good stories.

CaliforniaChief
11-30-2009, 04:04 PM
The defensive scheme for San Diego was just awful. There's no way around that. You saw in the 2007 game that if you get pressure on Rivers he will make mistakes. Inversely, by NEVER blitzing you guarantee that bad things will happen. San Diego's receivers are too good to have that much time.

Sometimes I swore we only had 8 men on the field defensively. You'd think that at least if we don't rush the passer we'll have the middle of the field on lockdown. Or the deep ball. We got torched on both.

We need 2 new coordinators next season.

BigRedChief
11-30-2009, 04:06 PM
I bet he thinks you're a homo.NTTIAWWT
We both coached our sons little league baseball teams. Just by concidence we got batting cage times close to each other 3 years in a row. I helped out his kids sometimes and he helped mine out. Saw each other at the grocery strore chatted about baseball and the Chiefs. Same thing with Dana Hughes, remember the Chiefs WR? But I don't know where he lives.

BigRedChief
11-30-2009, 04:08 PM
I've pondered that one before. That's a serious what-the-****-were-mom-and-dad-thinking? name.

Yes, it was a mom and dad thing. Reason was to help him stand out in a crowd.

KCUnited
11-30-2009, 04:12 PM
NTTIAWWT
We both coached our sons little league baseball teams. Just by concidence we got batting cage times close to each other 3 years in a row. I helped out his kids sometimes and he helped mine out. Saw each other at the grocery strore chatted about baseball and the Chiefs. Same thing with Dana Hughes, remember the Chiefs WR? But I don't know where he lives.
Tight with Dana huh?

morphius
11-30-2009, 04:12 PM
I've pondered that one before. That's a serious what-the-fuck-were-mom-and-dad-thinking? name.

The best one I've heard lately was, and I kid you not, "La-a".

Obviously pronounced Ladasha, and the mother had the nerve to be upset when someone had trouble guessing what it was.

ChiefsCountry
11-30-2009, 04:14 PM
Page being out hurt the whole defense. He plays Gates well for some odd reason.

BigRedChief
11-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Tight with Dana huh?NTTIAWWT
Just a fellow baseball coach. He knows who I am and I've helped him out with recruiting players. His son is about 5 years younger than my team. The parents would ask me about him. He made some really good legal disclaimer forms for parents to sign. Made them available to all the coaches. Seemed to really enjoy working with the kids.

ModSocks
11-30-2009, 04:22 PM
The defensive scheme for San Diego was just awful. There's no way around that. You saw in the 2007 game that if you get pressure on Rivers he will make mistakes. Inversely, by NEVER blitzing you guarantee that bad things will happen. San Diego's receivers are too good to have that much time.

Sometimes I swore we only had 8 men on the field defensively. You'd think that at least if we don't rush the passer we'll have the middle of the field on lockdown. Or the deep ball. We got torched on both.

We need 2 new coordinators next season.

We blitzed. The blitzes just never got there.

We don't match up well with the Chargers right now, no matter what scheme you run. We can't pressure, we cant cover them deep. That = a wide open mid field.

Frazod
11-30-2009, 04:23 PM
The best one I've heard lately was, and I kid you not, "La-a".

Obviously pronounced Ladasha, and the mother had the nerve to be upset when someone had trouble guessing what it was.

Worst one I ever heard was pronounced shi-THEE-ad, but spelled "Shithead."

Apparently anybody who laughs is a racist.

morphius
11-30-2009, 04:24 PM
NTTIAWWT
Just a fellow baseball coach. He knows who I am and I've helped him out with recruiting players. His son is about 5 years younger than my team. The parents would ask me about him. He made some really good legal disclaimer forms for parents to sign. Made them available to all the coaches. Seemed to really enjoy working with the kids.
I think the joke was that his name is Danan, not Dana

morphius
11-30-2009, 04:30 PM
Worst one I ever heard was pronounced shi-THEE-ad, but spelled "****head."

Apparently anybody who laughs is a racist.
Seriously I would have had a hard time not just calling the kid Shi and just call his parents the ****head parents.

gblowfish
11-30-2009, 04:37 PM
I thought his name was Jayice...
When he was a Chiefs player, we used to call him "Jay-Ice."
Now he goes by JayCee...
Whatever dude.
He used to always say "y'know..." over and over again in his interviews.
He's lessened that habit, which has helped in his broadcast career.

I've got some pals out in Lee's Summit who have met him socially, and also say he's a first class, nice guy.

BigRedChief
11-30-2009, 04:47 PM
I think the joke was that his name is Danan, not DanaI create so many typos that I don't even notice. :D

BigRedChief
11-30-2009, 04:48 PM
I've got some pals out in Lee's Summit who have met him socially, and also say he's a first class, nice guy.I've never seen him yell at one of his players, evah. Very few coaches can say that, including me.

Dark Horse
11-30-2009, 05:31 PM
We blitzed. The blitzes just never got there.

We don't match up well with the Chargers right now, no matter what scheme you run. We can't pressure, we cant cover them deep. That = a wide open mid field.

This