PDA

View Full Version : Electronics I got tmobile

big nasty kcnut
11-30-2009, 09:44 AM
I got t mobile and great service but when i got my phone i asked if i can get free unlimited text and they said yes but when i got my bill i got a 14 dollars charge for the texts. I got it removed but i've been fighting them since cause in my mind they reneg on the deal for my free text. My brother was with me and saw the verbal agreement.
What should i do?
Posted via Mobile Device

Priest31kc
11-30-2009, 09:46 AM
I have TMobile, their customer service is god awful. We're always on the phone for atleast an hour everytime we have a problem. Alls they do is listen to your story, and then switch you to another rep, time after time.

But I have no idea what to do, threaten to leave already lol?

jwazzie
11-30-2009, 09:47 AM
You won't win. Just like car salesmen, they will tell you what you want to hear and then when you leave, the conversation you had does as well.

big nasty kcnut
11-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Yea i'm about ready to scream cause alot of time people won't answer the phone they just respond to texts and it piss me off.
Posted via Mobile Device

Hog's Gone Fishin
Getting TMobile is better than getting Aids !

kepp
This general situation happened when I first got my G1. The sales rep made a bunch of promises to sell me and very few of them were true. We had to scratch and fight to get what was promised, but they eventually caved in.

Bearcat
11-30-2009, 10:19 AM
What plan did you sign up for? When you signed the paperwork at the store, did it show free unlimited texting? Like kepp's situation, they might eventually cave, but if you don't have it in writing, it's your own damn fault.

Go to tmobile.com or look on your bill to see what plans you're signed up for... T-Mobile's unlimited texting is only like $5/month when there's a data plan attached, and I think 1000 is only like $6/month without a data plan (but I could be wrong on that), so it sounds like you don't have a text plan at all at the moment.

Bearcat
11-30-2009, 10:22 AM
As far as customer service, I've never had any problems with them and I've had T-Mobile for 10 years. I hardly ever call them, but don't have problems when I do, and they're always ranked high in customer service... and when I bought my G1, the guy in the store was one of the most helpful retail store reps I've dealt with in any store.

Fire Me Boy!
11-30-2009, 10:30 AM
As far as customer service, I've never had any problems with them and I've had T-Mobile for 10 years. I hardly ever call them, but don't have problems when I do, and they're always ranked high in customer service... and when I bought my G1, the guy in the store was one of the most helpful retail store reps I've dealt with in any store.

Me too. Been with T-mobile since 1998 and have had very, very few problems. The difference, Bearcat, might be that we've been customers for a long-ass time. Companies tend to work a little harder for long-term clients.

:shrug:

Mizzou_8541
11-30-2009, 10:36 AM
I have TMobile, their customer service is god awful. We're always on the phone for atleast an hour everytime we have a problem. Alls they do is listen to your story, and then switch you to another rep, time after time.

But I have no idea what to do, threaten to leave already lol?

I was getting ready to say the exact opposite. I have had nothing but great experiences with T-Mobile customer service. I will admit I have had to work hard at getting some of the deals I was offered. Overall, they are outstanding.

I would suggest what Priest said - Ask to speak to the customer service rep's manager, tell him/her your story, and then politely tell them you are going to leave if they don't fix the problem.