PDA

View Full Version : Football Bush in 2010?

Sure-Oz
12-01-2009, 08:15 PM
Reggie Bush-RB-Saints Dec. 1 - 8:55 pm et

Yahoo's Jason Cole reports that the Saints do not plan on bringing back Reggie Bush in 2010.Bush's 2010 salary is $8 million -- an exorbitant amount for a change-of-pace back/special teamer. Citing a "Saints insider," Cole reports that GM Mickey Loomis doesn't want to pay Bush's salary even if 2010 is an uncapped season. Battling chronic knee problems, Bush has missed the Saints' last two games. He's averaged just 9.3 touches in his nine 2009 appearances.
Source: Yahoo Sports

Think we should bring him in if this happens?

Silock
12-01-2009, 08:15 PM
No.

Deberg_1990
12-01-2009, 08:16 PM
No. Charles already fills his role.

Did he even play last night?

How could Mecca let this happen to Bush?? :)

TheGuardian
12-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Sean Payton is basically an offensive genius and he's the only reason Bush hasn't been lumped in as one of the all time busts. When he gets to a new team he will be.

TheGuardian
12-01-2009, 08:18 PM
No. Charles already fills his role.

Did he even play last night?

How could Mecca let this happen to Bush?? :)

Heh.

Can someone please give me Mecca's take on what Bush would be as a pro? Doesn't have to be exact, just roughly what his thoughts were.

KCChiefsMan
12-01-2009, 08:20 PM
hell to the no, unless he's not expensive...which he will be and I have no idea why.

Mr. Laz
12-01-2009, 08:21 PM
nope

Miles
12-01-2009, 08:23 PM
His lack of durability certainly hasn't helped his career.

DaneMcCloud
12-01-2009, 08:23 PM
I get the feeling that Bush will only play in a large market and that his future is in the media, not football.

Red Dawg
12-01-2009, 08:24 PM
Sign him to return kicks and be a back up RB. Put him on the field when we spread the defense. Scott would not over spend on him but he could be very useful to us.

Cjanz
12-01-2009, 08:26 PM
With the performance, progression and dedication Charles has shown, bringing in another running back will just be a toss-up decision. Someone will get undermined, and with Bush's knee problems it will probably be him. No need to bring in bench talent.

HMc
12-01-2009, 08:27 PM
hell to the no, unless he's not expensive...which he will be and I have no idea why.

yeah someone will pay too much for him

DaKernal
12-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Sign him to return kicks and be a back up RB. Put him on the field when we spread the defense. Scott would not over spend on him but he could be very useful to us.

This, and only this. IF he's not very expensive. I would love for him to just return kicks and punts for us maybe spread him out in 4 or 5 reciever formations.

Sure-Oz
12-01-2009, 08:28 PM
I really wonder what team would pay him anyway? he is an extra type of player, like a sproles maybe...

SAUTO
12-01-2009, 08:36 PM
I really wonder what team would pay him anyway? he is an extra type of player, like a sproles maybe...

lol
Posted via Mobile Device

DaKernal
12-01-2009, 08:39 PM
I cant remember, who was he being compared to when coming out of college?

Quesadilla Joe
12-01-2009, 08:40 PM
Heh.

Can someone please give me Mecca's take on what Bush would be as a pro? Doesn't have to be exact, just roughly what his thoughts were.
a
There was a rumor going around that Denver had offered the Texans their entire draft to get the #1 pick.

The Texans have to take Bush unless they're trading down. If they don't and he's even half as good as people think they'll get lambasted. Passing on Reggie Bush is the kind of move that gets front office people fired and never hired again. They'll take him just for the fact they don't want to look stupid and never have jobs again.

As far as Ferguson goes, yea he's the best OT in this draft but I wouldn't take an OT with the 1st pick.

The last thing we need is Mario Williams on the Broncos, he has Julius Peppers type talent.

ChiefsCountry
12-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Come on we can have the Kardansion clan at all of the games. :)

RedThat
12-01-2009, 09:10 PM
I wouldn't want him for that kind of money. But I would take him on this team. He may not have been the superstar RB he was projected to be coming out of college, but he could add a lot to a team. For one I think he brings great versitilty. He can return kicks, play receiver, be a good change of pace back, and to top it off he is an explosive player. And opposing teams will respect his playmaking ability.

Anytime you add a weapon like that it adds another dimension to the offense and it changes the complexity of a defensive co-ordinators game plan. I do think you have to game plan around Bush at times or he'll burn ya. A team can never have enough weapons.

Sully
12-01-2009, 09:12 PM

Weird.
I did that on Madden.

ROFL

DeezNutz
12-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Another GoChiefs date thread?

CoMoChief
12-01-2009, 09:18 PM
Sure. 3rd down back, and he'd be great in the kick return game.

He's a playmaker, period. Yes I'd take him.

Thig Lyfe
12-01-2009, 09:21 PM
The only running back acquisition this team should make is to sign or draft a power back to spell Charles and pick up first downs in short yardage situations. LenDale White or Toby Gerhart (in the right round) would be better uses of money.

Captain Obvious
12-01-2009, 09:24 PM
How long before this is moved to DC?

stlchiefs
12-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Reggie Bust

milkman
12-01-2009, 09:25 PM
How long before this is moved to DC?

Oh, I see what you did there.

CaliforniaChief
12-01-2009, 09:34 PM
What a massive disappointment he has been.

stlchiefs
12-01-2009, 09:36 PM
The only running back acquisition this team should make is to sign or draft a power back to spell Charles and pick up first downs in short yardage situations. LenDale White or Toby Gerhart (in the right round) would be better uses of money.

I like White. He showed last year he can produce if given the rock. This year C. Johnson is just so hot there's no reason to even give him the ball. I'd definitely like LenDale.

Miles
12-01-2009, 10:05 PM
The once promising offensive prospects from that USC offense of Bush, Lendale, Lieneart and M Williams are looking a bit rough these days.

GordonGekko
12-01-2009, 10:31 PM
hell no to Reggie Bush. unless he wants to come in ultra cheap. someone will grab him tho. my money is on the raiders

BWillie
12-01-2009, 10:39 PM
I still have yet to figure out how an athletic speciman like Reggie Bush has failed in the NFL. The guy is unbelievably strong, fast, has lateral quickness, breakaway speed, body type, but just doesn't get it done at this level. Strange. Maybe a new change of scenery will help him out....

Thig Lyfe
12-01-2009, 10:43 PM
I still have yet to figure out how an athletic speciman like Reggie Bush has failed in the NFL. The guy is unbelievably strong, fast, has lateral quickness, breakaway speed, body type, but just doesn't get it done at this level. Strange. Maybe a new change of scenery will help him out....

If a team figures out the right role for him, he'll live up to his potential. He shows flashes every year, but the Saints have never quite figured out how to maximize his skills.

Getting hurt all the time doesn't help, either.

Captain Obvious
12-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Oh, I see what you did there.

Curses!!! The milkman figures out my evil plot once again.

tyler360
12-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Maybe he just does not have the head for the game much like Derrick Johnson all the talent in the world but for some reason just cannot use his body to the full potential

soundmind
12-01-2009, 11:15 PM
I would sign Reggie to a decent (not good or great) contract, and his only job is to return kicks and the occasional slot pattern. He no longer plays RB.........all that if and only if he can fly like he's suppose to, dude is fragile.

However, there's no way in hell he'd even consider playing in KC.

greg63
12-01-2009, 11:37 PM
I thought this was going to be a thread about Jeb.

Sure-Oz
12-01-2009, 11:39 PM
I get the feeling that Bush will only play in a large market and that his future is in the media, not football.

I can see that, he likes the spotlight.

Coach
12-01-2009, 11:42 PM
Looks like the Texans made the right pick with Mario Williams.

TheGuardian
12-02-2009, 07:59 AM

He's not strong. One of the knocks on him coming out of USC was that he had a slight frame and build and could not run with power. You see that when you watch him in the pros. Second, he's never learned just to take the 4 yard run and be happy with that. The guy still dances and jukes in the hole looking for a home run far too often rather than pick up 3,4,5 and get what you can.

His body type is NOT ideal for an NFL back. He's very slight in the legs and hips, same as Darren McFadden. Which is also why McFadden is a bust as well. People get too caught up in measurables when it comes to football players and forget to ask the more important questions.

RedThat
12-02-2009, 08:13 AM
Looks like the Texans made the right pick with Mario Williams.

They sure did.

Chiefs4TheWin
12-02-2009, 08:30 AM
i bet he goes to the Eagles. They eat up everything.

loochy
12-02-2009, 08:45 AM
Another GoChiefs date thread?

Then the answer is probably no bush in 2010. Bush might be looked at for a little bit, but the Chiefs will get scared at the intimidating nature of bush and pull out.

Agent V
12-02-2009, 08:56 AM
a

To his credit, he was absolutely right about Mario Williams. Bush... not so much.

MMXcalibur
12-02-2009, 08:57 AM
There are a shitload of people who need to apologize to Charlie Casserly for taking Mario Williams with the #1 overall pick over Bush. He was absolutely destroyed for making that pick at the time and now, Williams is far and away better than Bush.