PDA

View Full Version : KU More Mangino Madness

Lzen
12-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Wow, this is kind of hard to defend anymore. If this story is true, Mangino needs to go a.s.a.p.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/dec/02/ex-player-accuses-mangino-mistreatment/?football

Ex-player accuses Mangino of mistreatment

By Dugan Arnett (http://www2.kusports.com/staff/dugan_arnett/)

Amid circulating rumors, there has still been no action taken with football coach Mark Mangino. An investigation into his conduct is still in progress. <script type="text/javascript" charset="utf-8"> video_player = new Video.Player({'target': '#video-inline-27836', 'width': 300, 'height':168, 'append_id': "27836", 'ad_control': 'inline_adcontrol'}); </script>

Amid denials from Kansas University football coach Mark Mangino that he has physically and verbally abused players during his eight-year tenure in Lawrence, one former player has provided documentation of mistreatment he says he suffered under the coach.
Cory Kipp, a defensive lineman under Mangino in 2002 and ’03, told the Journal-World this week that he endured significant injuries to his hand as a result of a punishment carried out by the coach — a claim backed up by multiple former players, as well as photos taken shortly after the incident.
“It must have been the worst pain I’ve ever felt,” Kipp said.
Mangino, the subject of an internal university investigation into his treatment of players, could not be reached for comment Tuesday.
According to Kipp, who started all 13 games at nose tackle during the ’03 season, the incident transpired as follows:
At the beginning of an afternoon workout in August of ’03, Mangino told Kipp to see him after practice to undergo punishment for the player’s failure to weigh-in earlier that day.

Kipp figured the punishment would be running “cross-fields” — something he and another former player said was a typical penalty for such an infraction — but was instead told to “bear-crawl” across the AstroTurf field at Memorial Stadium on his hands and feet.
Kipp began the crawl and, after moving several yards, felt a burning sensation in his hands. On multiple occasions, Kipp said, he stopped to complain that the turf was burning his hands — according to a University of Arkansas report, artificial playing surfaces have been documented at up to 199 degrees in temperature — but was ordered by Mangino, who was walking alongside the crawling player, to keep going.
By the time Kipp had finished, the skin near the heel of his hand had been completely seared, and photos provided to the Journal-World depict blistering and a sizable area of missing skin.

As a result of the injury, Kipp said, he was forced to undergo extensive treatment on his hand by then-head football trainer Carol Jarosky throughout the next three weeks, and although he said at least two members of the coaching staff were aware of the injury, he was told to practice through it.
“It wasn’t like because my hand was burned, I took a couple days off,” Kipp said. “They made me practice.”
Each day for three weeks, he said, Jarosky — who did not immediately return a phone message seeking comment — would treat and wrap the hand before workouts, using multiple layers of padding. But in the days immediately following the injury, Kipp said, he would return to the locker room after practice with the padding soaked through in blood.
Asked to examine the photos for his opinion on the severity of the damage, Birmingham, Ala.-based dermatologist Conway Huang confirmed the injury was either frictional or heat-related.
If heat-related, Huang wrote in an e-mail to the Journal-World, it was consistent with second-degree burns.
Since allegations arose two weeks ago that Mangino had regularly verbally and physically abused players, however, the coach has contended that he has done nothing inappropriate in his running of the program.
During his weekly radio show Nov. 19, for instance, he lashed out at former players and parents who had spoken out against him, insisting their allegations were an attempt at “15 minutes of fame.” Asked following Saturday’s 41-39 season-ending loss to Missouri whether he’d be willing to tone down his approach if implored to do so by university administrators, meanwhile, he responded, “You’re coming with the assumption that it needs toned down. How I coach is how I coach. Ninety-nine percent of the kids here appreciate it.”
Three other players contacted by the Journal-World confirmed the incident, including Sid Bachmann, a defensive tackle on the ’02 and ’03 Kansas teams, and former fullback Austine Nwabuisi.
“The thing was, that day, it was so hot on the field,” Bachmann said. “... We were running cross-fields, and it was so hot that the bottom of my feet were burning. I could feel the bottom of my feet — through my socks and my cleats, they were burning.”
Despite the severity of the incident, Kipp said an apology — or any sign of remorse on the part of Mangino — would have been enough to move on without any hard feelings.
“If he said that he was sorry, and he didn’t realize (the turf) was that hot, then I would have accepted his apology and that would have been that,” Kipp said. “But I never got that.”
What’s more, during a team meeting later that season, Kipp says Mangino brought the incident up in front of coaches and players — a story confirmed by Bachmann.
After pointing out a tackle that Kipp had missed during the previous week’s game, Mangino allegedly threatened to burn the player’s other hand if he ever missed a tackle again.
“I looked at some of the assistant coaches when (Mangino) said that, and they just had their heads down,” Bachmann said. “Our (defensive line) coach had his head down and he was just shaking his head.”
At the urging of his roommate, meanwhile, Kipp took photos of the damage following the incident and strongly considered approaching athletic director Lew Perkins before deciding against it due to fear of retribution — namely, worries over a potential decrease in playing time or the revocation of his scholarship.
Kipp, who now lives in California, said he was prompted to come forward after hearing Mangino’s denials of earlier allegations involving his mistreatment of players.
“I’m doing this,” Kipp said, “because I’ve got proof how horrible a coach he is.”

Silock
12-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Even if it's not true, you can't keep him now. It will affect recruiting too much. He's done.

kepp
12-02-2009, 09:40 AM
Even if it's not true, you can't keep him now. It will affect recruiting too much. He's done.

Yeah, no way to come back from all this.

teedubya
12-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Yeah, get rid of his ass... he is a like a fat Nazi dictator or something.

Lzen
12-02-2009, 09:42 AM

Well, yeah. I have been saying that, too. I guess what I meant is that if there was any lingering doubt as to whether firing him would be the right decision, it is gone now. For me anyway.

kstater
12-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Heh, Mangino wanted his players to make weight.

TrebMaxx
12-02-2009, 09:50 AM
As a MU fan I am hoping he retains his job.

Fritz88
12-02-2009, 09:51 AM
Time to go Mangino. Thanks for all of your efforts. Go.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2009, 09:51 AM
I still think he should go, but the pussification of KU football continues...

I hope they bring in a Hard ass and clean out these crying little bitchs...

Reerun_KC
12-02-2009, 09:52 AM

As a KU fan, I would be all for Quin Snyder coming back to MU....

CaliforniaChief
12-02-2009, 09:55 AM

It seems like there's probably some pussification with former players, but this is really extreme. The guy has a problem and shouldn't be working with college students, IMO.

Lzen
12-02-2009, 10:01 AM

Snowball - Hell

Frazod
12-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Sounds like Perkins is digging under every rock he can find for dirt on this guy. Why doesn't he just whack him and get it over with?

Lzen
12-02-2009, 10:03 AM

I have no problem with a coach being a hard ass. He can challenge their manhood all he wants. Some players really need that. But it seems that Mangino crossed a line(on many occasions) that should not be crossed.

Lzen
12-02-2009, 10:04 AM
Sounds like Perkins is digging under every rock he can find for dirt on this guy. Why doesn't he just whack him and get it over with?

My guess would be that Mangino is still under contract and Lew doesn't want to have to continue paying him. We don't want a Ron Prince situation here. ;)

Reerun_KC
12-02-2009, 10:05 AM
It seems like there's probably some pussification with former players, but this is really extreme. The guy has a problem and shouldn't be working with college students, IMO.

Agree, he shouldnt be here anymore....

But until this gets under control, the pussification continues...

Reerun_KC
12-02-2009, 10:05 AM
I have no problem with a coach being a hard ass. He can challenge their manhood all he wants. Some players really need that. But it seems that Mangino crossed a line(on many occasions) that should not be crossed.

This is the point that cant be argued....

CaliforniaChief
12-02-2009, 10:08 AM
Agree, he shouldnt be here anymore....

But until this gets under control, the pussification continues...

It will all go away the moment he's fired. Then you guys can get a coach who knows how to appropriately dole out discipline.

beer bacon
12-02-2009, 10:10 AM
If Mangino is fired for just being a bad coach, does he still get whatever the severance agreement in his contract says he gets? Is this why he is being smeared with all this player mistreatment nonsense?

Lzen
12-02-2009, 10:16 AM
If Mangino is fired for just being a bad coach, does he still get whatever the severance agreement in his contract says he gets? Is this why he is being smeared with all this player mistreatment nonsense?

I'm pretty sure that if the reason for firing him was a poor season, then yes, he would still receive some pay. But I wouldn't categorize what has been happening as "being smeared". I mean, if all these accusations are true (and there is mounting evidence that says it is true), then he deserves to get canned with no severance. I would guess that it probably says something about that in his contract.

Braincase
12-02-2009, 11:01 AM

It depends on whether it's determined that there is "cause" other than W-L record. If it is determined that there is no cause and they can him, it costs the school nothing. If it is determined that there is no cause, he gets his salary for the next three seasons, 6.6 million bucks, if he's fired (an inevitibility at this point).

I'm guessing there will be some sort of compromise, he'll get somewhere between 500k and 1 mil and be out. The Lew can hire the coach he wants that looks better on promotional material, i.e., we can print out in portrait format, rather than landscape.

Mr. Laz
12-02-2009, 11:04 AM

this ... KU needs to stop screwing around and get the ball rolling.

recruiting is what matters

FTR - i don't hate mangino or even really want him gone but it's too late as soon as this shit went public it was over.

Saulbadguy
12-02-2009, 11:06 AM
It depends on whether it's determined that there is "cause" other than W-L record. If it is determined that there is no cause and they can him, it costs the school nothing. If it is determined that there is no cause, he gets his salary for the next three seasons, 6.6 million bucks, if he's fired (an inevitibility at this point).

I'm guessing there will be some sort of compromise, he'll get somewhere between 500k and 1 mil and be out. The Lew can hire the coach he wants that looks better on promotional material, i.e., we can print out in portrait format, rather than landscape.

The way I see it, they didn't care about these incidents when the team was winning. That is a clear indication of cause/no cause. I agree with you on the compromise, though.

Coach
12-02-2009, 11:15 AM

I think the contract buyout is probably the hold-up.

Pitt Gorilla
12-02-2009, 11:24 AM
The way I see it, they didn't care about these incidents when the team was winning. That is a clear indication of cause/no cause. I agree with you on the compromise, though.Pretty much. I doubt people would care if KU was 11-1 or 10-2.

The Franchise
12-02-2009, 11:26 AM
I heard Charlie Weis is looking for a job. He's nice to his players.

Mojo Jojo
12-02-2009, 11:53 AM

I believe that after the academic fraud case against the KU football team Mangino had his contract reworked for behavior/management issue termination that was a smaller buyout. In return the University had to announce an investigation and have a 21-day window before any action was taken.

This is why the University went public during the season because day 21 is next week.

CoMoChief
12-02-2009, 11:59 AM
I read all the way until I saw who wrote the article.

Dugan Arnett is the biggest piece of shit to ever live inside Blue Springs.....I hope someone runs over him in a car.

Mojo Jojo
12-02-2009, 12:05 PM

Dugan Arnett is the biggest piece of shit to ever live inside Blue Springs.....I hope someone runs over him in a car.

Biggest POS inside Blue Springs...that's saying a lot:D:D

CoMoChief
12-02-2009, 12:07 PM
Biggest POS inside Blue Springs...that's saying a lot:D:D

He actually graduated from MU at their J-school as well. So really you have a MU grad writing for a KU newspaper. I bet he's having all kinds of fun with this story.

Bearcat
12-02-2009, 12:16 PM

Heh...

http://media.lawrence.com/img/staff/2009/dugan-arnett_t180.jpg?370a03faaa4bde2115f371a02430eb3e6a451be5

His greatest moment on the job came in July of 2009, when he witnessed Jayhawks quarterback Todd Reesing go unselected during a dodgeball draft at Langston Hughes Elementary.

Braincase
12-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Pretty much. I doubt people would care if KU was 11-1 or 10-2.

He's become the love child spawn of Woody Hays and the Michelin Man's sister.

Jordan
12-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Despite the severity of the incident, Kipp said an apology — or any sign of remorse on the part of Mangino — would have been enough to move on without any hard feelings.

So let me get this straight:

KU football players

1) Fight with basketball players & demand unwarranted respect from the basketball team which is elite.

then

2) Complain that their coach wasn't nice enough to them.

Which is it guys? Are you badasses that will make others respect you or do you want your mommies to help you out of this?

Braincase
12-02-2009, 12:26 PM

So let me get this straight:

KU football players

1) Fight with basketball players & demand unwarranted respect from the basketball team which is elite.

then

2) Complain that their coach wasn't nice enough to them.

Which is it guys? Are you badasses that will make others respect you or do you want your mommies to help you out of this?

They want their mommies to sing lullabies to them that subliminally suggest to them that they're badasses. And they snuggle badass woobies.

ChiefaRoo
12-02-2009, 12:33 PM
"ahh ahh ahh, Manginohutt like hand searing soft KU puss**s"

Spott
12-02-2009, 12:39 PM
I thought it was pretty amusing that a guy that has to use a truck scale to weigh himself would be criticizing someone because of their weight.
Posted via Mobile Device

ClevelandBronco
12-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Mangino needs to go away and win a state championship in six-man football at Hickory High.

wild1
12-02-2009, 12:50 PM
This is like Al Davis and Lane Kiffin, the Lew Perkins and Mangino feud.

Perkins is simply trying to freeze him out and embarrass him into quitting. Mangino knows he can stick it out and collect all his money.

Maybe Perkins doesn't have the support of the pockets he'd have to dig into to buy Mangino out. Maybe the university brass doesn't entirely support Perkins either.

Sounds like replacing both men might be a good idea.

Sure-Oz
12-02-2009, 12:52 PM
This is like varsity blues all over again

ChiefsNWildcats
12-02-2009, 12:55 PM
For 6.6 mil, Mangino is gonna buy a crate full of snickers. Dude's not going anywhere for awhile.

Gonna need a forklift, because you will have to go pick the big boy up and physically remove him.

With him having the same agent/lawyer as Scary Smart, you know he's prepared to take this matter to court to get paid.

Frazod
12-02-2009, 12:56 PM
This is like Al Davis and Lane Kiffin, the Lew Perkins and Mangino feud.

Perkins is simply trying to freeze him out and embarrass him into quitting. Mangino knows he can stick it out and collect all his money.

Maybe Perkins doesn't have the support of the pockets he'd have to dig into to buy Mangino out. Maybe the university brass doesn't entirely support Perkins either.

Sounds like replacing both men might be a good idea.

Mangino should eat Perkins. Problem solved. :thumb:

Sure-Oz
I love snickers

Sure-Oz

They do have a great pies and breakfast is solid

Lloyd Christmas
12-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Mangino is not going to get all of his money. There is either going to be a settlement or Perkins will fire Mangino for cause based on his abusive behavior. They are undoubtedly negotiating a settlement and if they can't agree to terms you can be sure Perkins would easily win public support after. There is no way Mangino comes out with the upper hand in this situation

Pants
12-02-2009, 01:05 PM
I thought it was pretty amusing that a guy that has to use a truck scale to weigh himself would be criticizing someone because of their weight.
Posted via Mobile Device

I think these retarded statements are pretty amusing. Mangino's weight has nothing to do with how he'll perform his job on gameday.

wild1
12-02-2009, 01:08 PM

I'll be willing to purchase a large drum of ranch dressing for dipping, if he decides to follow this route.

CoMoChief
12-02-2009, 01:41 PM
I think these retarded statements are pretty amusing. Mangino's weight has nothing to do with how he'll perform his job on gameday.

According to Whitlock, his weight is a common factor as to why he's been abusive to his players. IF that's the case then yes, it HAS something to do with it all.

Royal Fanatic
12-02-2009, 01:42 PM
According to Whitlock, his weight is a common factor as to why he's been abusive to his players. IF that's the case then yes, it HAS something to do with it all.
If ANYONE should know, Whitlock should.

tooge
12-02-2009, 01:43 PM
punishing the guy for not weighing in? You kidding me? Mangino the Hut is a freaking cartoon character. Lard ass.

Pants
12-02-2009, 02:41 PM

Opinions are not facts. He knows as much about Mark as you and I do.

Titty Meat
12-02-2009, 03:05 PM
6 years ago this happend nothing happend? Seriously fuck KU.

ChiefsNWildcats
12-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Got a question. Does KU have to follow the rule where they have to wait 2 weeks after firing Mangino before they can announce a new coach to allow minority candidates to apply for the job?

I vaguely remember K-State following this rule when hiring coaches, but could be mistaken. And if I am right, I don't know if thats a K-State policy or a State of Kansas policy that both schools have to adhere to.

mikeyis4dcats.
12-02-2009, 04:54 PM
Got a question. Does KU have to follow the rule where they have to wait 2 weeks after firing Mangino before they can announce a new coach to allow minority candidates to apply for the job?

I vaguely remember K-State following this rule when hiring coaches, but could be mistaken. And if I am right, I don't know if thats a K-State policy or a State of Kansas policy that both schools have to adhere to.

that is a State policy. There was debate about if KSU Athletics was actually state or private, so who knows

ClevelandBronco
12-02-2009, 05:03 PM
that is a State policy. There was debate about if KSU Athletics was actually state or private, so who knows

The "S" in "KSU" didn't tip them off?

ChiTown
12-02-2009, 05:03 PM
If ANYONE should know, Whitlock should.

LMFAO at your avatar. Fantastic

Bearcat
12-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Oh noes, it's contagious!

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2009/dec/02/coachs-strict-style-beneficial-former-linebacker/

mikeyis4dcats.
12-02-2009, 05:47 PM
The "S" in "KSU" didn't tip them off?

You do realize that college athletic departments are funded and operate a private entities don't you? They are quasi-state, but not actually public entities.

ClevelandBronco
12-02-2009, 05:52 PM
You do realize that college athletic departments are funded and operate a private entities don't you? They are quasi-state, but not actually public entities.

I do realize that I probably know much more about how they operate than the vast majority of people.

Now let me guess which side won this "debate."

Mojo Jojo
12-02-2009, 06:18 PM

Of course no State of Kansas Coaching contract is final until it is approved by the Board Of Regents.

GloryDayz
12-02-2009, 06:31 PM
Yeah, get rid of his ass... he is a like a fat Nazi dictator or something.

Does that make him Mussolini?

WilliamTheIrish
12-02-2009, 09:09 PM
So he got blisters on his palms? Hawkchief has those from masturbating.

The reality is this kid had some blisters. He wasn't hurt, wasn't in any danger and ... and He had to practice with wrapped hands? [angst]... the horror. And his hands had blisters that broke open?

I'm surprised nobody called the Mayo Clinic. Lew must be desperate. If that's the university's case against Mangino, then you might as well pay him the 6 mil right now.

WilliamTheIrish
12-02-2009, 10:09 PM
According to channel 9 sports there are parents ready to file a class action law suit if Mangino isn't canned.

Hilarious.

Titty Meat
12-02-2009, 10:10 PM
I thought the player got 2nd degree burns?

chiefzilla1501
12-02-2009, 10:15 PM

http://www.posterville.com/library/eric_cartman_beefcake.jpg

WilliamTheIrish
12-02-2009, 10:16 PM
I thought the player got 2nd degree burns?

Billay,

2nd degree burns are like what you get if you keep hands over an open flame a few seconds too long. It's minor. His hands blistered over and then the blisters broke open during practice.

It's minor and requires little medical intervention. That doesn't mean it didn't hurt. Probably very painful. But it's not like Mangino dipped the kids hands in scalding hot water for minutes at a time.

Titty Meat
12-02-2009, 10:19 PM
Billay,

2nd degree burns are like what you get if you keep hands over an open flame a few seconds too long. It's minor. His hands blistered over and then the blisters broke open during practice.

It's minor and requires little medical intervention. That doesn't mean it didn't hurt. Probably very painful. But it's not like Mangino dipped the kids hands in scalding hot water for minutes at a time.

Its hard to see in this day where the states money would be allowed to go to something like this.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2009, 10:24 PM
According to channel 9 sports there are parents ready to file a class action law suit if Mangino isn't canned.

Hilarious.

pussification of KU football continues...

Braincase
12-02-2009, 10:26 PM
pussification of KU football continues...

This keeps up, just close the damn stadium and just have a soccer team, and don't keep score.

WilliamTheIrish
12-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Its hard to see in this day where the states money would be allowed to go to something like this.

I'd bet that there are stories very similar all over the nation. We live in such a litigious society it will probably start a "process improvement" task force mandate by the NCAA to give players a chance to sound off against program.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2009, 10:29 PM
This keeps up, just close the damn stadium and just have a soccer team, and don't keep score.

Yep, no coach in their right mind would want to come to KU when the players can dictate with the whining...

Braincase
12-02-2009, 10:30 PM
Yep, no coach in their right mind would want to come to KU when the players can dictate with the whining...

Depends. How do you think they got Roy at NC?

Brock
12-02-2009, 10:32 PM
I guess my reaction to this is "So what".

Reerun_KC
12-02-2009, 10:33 PM
Depends. How do you think they got Roy at NC?

Fair enough... Remember it very vividly....

Maybe we will whine enough to get Urban Meyer... ROFL

Braincase
12-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Fair enough... Remember it very vividly....

Maybe we will whine enough to get Urban Meyer... ROFL

Mmmmmm, I'm going to go with no on that one. I'm just hoping for competent, good recruiter than can get us competitive. I'm getting tired of the circus.

WilliamTheIrish
12-02-2009, 10:39 PM
It's waaaaay overblown. Admittedly, I love the bad press and was hoping KU would squeak out the win over MU in order to keep the circus alive for another 12 months.

Reerun_KC
12-02-2009, 10:42 PM
It's waaaaay overblown. Admittedly, I love the bad press and was hoping KU would squeak out the win over MU in order to keep the circus alive for another 12 months.

Well buddy, it didnt happen... I am sick of it now... Beyond sick of it.... Actually just tuning it out and waiting to see what happens...

Buehler445
12-02-2009, 11:25 PM
Well buddy, it didnt happen... I am sick of it now... Beyond sick of it.... Actually just tuning it out and waiting to see what happens...

But you have like 50 posts in the Mangino threads in the last 2 weeks :D

Reerun_KC
12-02-2009, 11:30 PM
But you have like 50 posts in the Mangino threads in the last 2 weeks :D u stalking me again?
Posted via Mobile Device

Buehler445
12-02-2009, 11:31 PM
u stalking me again?
Posted via Mobile Device

Only a little....

Reerun_KC
12-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Only a little....
your kind of a big guy, how can you only a little stalk someone?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2009, 01:27 AM

I think Competitive Hippie Frisbee would be best for KU. You've got all those Birkenstock-wearing fucktards roaming around Lawrence and "Honking For Hemp", you should cater to your student body and community.

To show that not all of us MU fans are unsympathetic to your plight, I dedicated one whole minute of my life to write a royalty-free, radio jingle for you:

"Throw on your socks,
put on your 'Stocks,
take a bong-hit, and search for your keys"!
"Football is gone,
we'll soldier on,
ROCK-CHALK! Competitive Hippie Frisbeeeeeeeeeeeeee"!
LMAO

Titty Meat
12-03-2009, 02:57 AM
I think Competitive Hippy Frisbee would be best for KU. You've got all those Birkenstock-wearing ****tards roaming around Lawrence and "Honking For Hemp", you should cater to your student body and community.

To show that not all of us MU fans are unsympathetic to your plight, I dedicated one whole minute of my life to write a royalty-free, radio jingle for you:

"Throw on your socks,
put on your 'Stocks,
take a bong-hit, and search for your keys"!
"Football is gone,
we'll soldier on,
ROCK-CHALK! Competitive Hippy Frisbeeeeeeeeeeeeee"!
LMAO

lol when I was at the KU game there were some hippies smoking pot. They should just let the pink shirt frat boys run the sports program.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2009, 03:09 AM
lol when I was at the KU game there were some hippies smoking pot. They should just let the pink shirt frat boys run the sports program.

LMAO

The hippies should smoke out the pink shirts and teach them how to play stoned frisbee.

Titty Meat
12-03-2009, 03:10 AM
BTW I was at your old workplace, what a dump.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2009, 03:12 AM
BTW I was at your old workplace, what a dump.

Which one?

Titty Meat
12-03-2009, 03:13 AM
Which one?

Flea Market

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-03-2009, 03:23 AM
Flea Market

LMAO I never said it was TGIFriday's. It's an old building, they do what they can.

tigers#1fan
12-03-2009, 08:51 AM
Billay,

The strange thing is that it was only 1 hand, (because a few days later he said that Mangino said he would burn the other) was he wearing 1 glove, hopping on 1 hand:shrug:

CoMoChief
12-03-2009, 09:28 AM
There is one thing I noticed when partying in Lawrence.

Just about everyone loves smoking pot. TONS of pot heads in Lawrence

Pants
12-03-2009, 10:10 AM
There is one thing I noticed when partying in Lawrence.

Just about everyone loves smoking pot. TONS of pot heads in Lawrence

You've never partied in Boulder, have you?

DJ's left nut
12-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Oh for !@#$'s sake.

A) I'm a mizzou fan, I hope they keep him.

B) He's incompetent, they should probably can his ass for being an awful head football coach

C) C'mon on - it's a damn blister. It's not 'seared', it's a blister that you'll get if you have to do shit like bear crawls.

These players are a bunch of pussies. "Waaah, I had a blister and they made me practice through it." Are you shitting me? Mangino's just doing what coaches do. This really is a pathetic display by some of these guys.

Archie Bunker
12-03-2009, 11:32 AM
Press Conference at 4 per 810

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2009, 11:34 AM

They may need to bump it back an hour, that's usually when Mangino is sitting at the Sizzler polishing off the Ole 96'er.

Brock
12-03-2009, 11:52 AM
HA HA HA HES FAT

sedated
12-03-2009, 12:31 PM

per KUsports.com

Despite reports to the contrary, a Kansas University sports information director said just before noon today that, as of now, no news conference involving the school's football program has been scheduled for this afternoon.

For updates on the story and the status of embattled football coach Mark Mangino, check back to KUSports.com throughout the day.

Lzen
12-03-2009, 01:29 PM
I was at the KU basketball game last night. We were out waiting by the entrance to the court where the players come out of the locker room. Heh, my boys wanted to see the players. Anyway, they had a damn poster in a case back in the corner with that stupid "History Awaits" slogan. :banghead: You would think that someone would have realized that it was time to take that stupid crap down.

Braincase
12-03-2009, 01:41 PM
I was at the KU basketball game last night. We were out waiting by the entrance to the court where the players come out of the locker room. Heh, my boys wanted to see the players. Anyway, they had a damn poster in a case back in the corner with that stupid "History Awaits" slogan. :banghead: You would think that someone would have realized that it was time to take that stupid crap down.

Well... somebody is going to be history pretty soon.

Frazod
12-03-2009, 01:48 PM

Do you know where I can get one of those? :)

kepp
12-03-2009, 02:23 PM

Trash cans throughout lawrence, probably.

Archie Bunker
12-03-2009, 02:28 PM

Screw the poster you need this....

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/zip/1492787017.html

http://images.craigslist.org/3k93pf3ld5Q35P55S99c33e58c420dded1296.jpg

Frazod
12-03-2009, 02:34 PM
Screw the poster you need this....

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/zip/1492787017.html

http://images.craigslist.org/3k93pf3ld5Q35P55S99c33e58c420dded1296.jpg

OMG! LMAO

The text is great. "just come get the thing. we suck. what an embarresmant of a season...<!-- START CLTAGS --> "

ROFL

kepp
12-03-2009, 03:02 PM
"what an embarresmant of a season..."

...and education

Lzen
12-03-2009, 03:03 PM
OMG! LMAO

The text is great. "just come get the thing. we suck. what an embarresmant of a season...<!-- START CLTAGS --> "

ROFL

:shake: Could not have said it better myself. That's why I did not like that ad slogan campaign. If it works out, everything is great. But if it doesn't play out the way you envision, it is embarrassing. :cuss:

Lloyd Christmas
12-03-2009, 03:07 PM
I still think there is virtually no shot but if KU was able to get Jim Harbaugh I would be so thrilled I wouldn't know what to do

Lzen
12-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Heh, for all the MU fans enjoying the heck out of our misery, here's something quite comical about your own program. Apparently, the Orange Bowl isn't the only one that doesn't think much of MU. ROFL

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=219252

kepp
12-03-2009, 03:11 PM
Heh, for all the MU fans enjoying the heck out of our misery, here's something quite comical about your own program. Apparently, the Orange Bowl isn't the only one that doesn't think much of MU. ROFL

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=219252

SPAM!

Frazod
12-03-2009, 03:17 PM
:shake: Could not have said it better myself. That's why I did not like that ad slogan campaign. If it works out, everything is great. But if it doesn't play out the way you envision, it is embarrassing. :cuss:

Yeah, I remember seeing a commercial for Missouri prior to last year that, while not nearly as grandiose as "History Awaits," similarly taunted fate. I didn't like it at the time, either. And while we didn't implode quite as thoroughly as you did, still, for as many seniors as we returned, last season sucked.

Nobody needs Titanic luck.

Lzen
12-03-2009, 03:19 PM
SPAM!

Heh, I was just informed that it was repost Spam, too. ROFL

Reerun_KC
12-03-2009, 04:05 PM

You should get one, to hang next to your Bradley, Bucknell and your KU National Champion shirts....