PDA

View Full Version : Life Married/Divorced Men of CP...

Lumpy
12-03-2009, 05:32 AM
With the recent Tiger Woods affair in the news, it makes me wonder if the majority of men are douchebags to their wives? So, out of curiousity, what is ur affair status? What do u think causes men to have an affair?

I'm asking only the men, (sry ladies).

Private poll to follow.

TIA

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-03-2009, 05:43 AM
Been married to the same woman since 1986 and have never fooled around on the bitch!

Lumpy
12-03-2009, 05:48 AM
Been married to the same woman since 1986 and have never fooled around on the bitch!

ROFL Congrats! That's one lucky bitch! :D

BigRock
12-03-2009, 05:56 AM
I'm putting the over/under at 15 on people popping up to quote Chris Rock's "options" bit like that's in any way true.

Slainte
12-03-2009, 06:23 AM
I'm putting the over/under at 15 on people popping up to quote Chris Rock's "options" bit like that's in any way true.

Fuck! I knew someone would post this before I got the chance....

DaKCMan AP
12-03-2009, 06:36 AM
http://www.usnews.com/articles/news/national/2008/03/27/how-common-are-cheating-spouses.html

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2009, 06:36 AM
Heh. Women are just about as bad as men when it comes to this shit. Women are whores, ask MTG...

InChiefsHeaven
12-03-2009, 06:39 AM
It seems lately (the last 10 years or so) I've seen more women stepping out on their husbands, kids be damned, house be damned, etc. I don't know what it is, but seriously I know of at least 10 couples who have divorced in the last 10 years or so, and all of them were because the woman went nuts.

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2009, 06:40 AM
A man with money is only as faithful as his options.

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2009, 06:41 AM
I've never been married, but I never cheated on anyone I was in a relationship with.

Buehler445
12-03-2009, 06:43 AM
Option number one for the fat man. Honestly, my wife has nothing to worry about. She's WAAAY out of my league. Plus I work all the time and am horribly ugly. Not to mention I love her.

Inspector
12-03-2009, 06:43 AM
I suspect Mrs. Inspector is the only who'd have me but I don't ever try to find out.

I know what I like and I like what I know.

unlurking
12-03-2009, 06:46 AM
It seems lately (the last 10 years or so) I've seen more women stepping out on their husbands, kids be damned, house be damned, etc. I don't know what it is, but seriously I know of at least 10 couples who have divorced in the last 10 years or so, and all of them were because the woman went nuts.
That's what I was gonna mention. I know 2 couples that ended because the man cheated, 6 because the woman cheated.

Lumpy
12-03-2009, 06:46 AM
Heh. Women are just about as bad as men when it comes to this shit. Women are whores, ask MTG...

Ya know, I had considered putting add'l poll choices up including how many wives have cheated on the men of CP... but then I realized that was too much work. :D

But yeah, women are just as capable as men to stray from a relationship.

chefs fan in omaha
12-03-2009, 06:48 AM
If it floats, fly's or F**K's. RENT IT!

BigCatDaddy
12-03-2009, 07:00 AM
Been married for 3 years and will never cheat, however when I was younger and stupid I was the "other guy" with a married chick.

BigRedChief
12-03-2009, 07:20 AM
The historical statistics tell us that 50% of all married people will have an affair. Since we don't even have one admiited affair, even after a divorce on here we have the be the best group of moral god fearing eagle scouts the world had produces or we have some liars among us.:spock:

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-03-2009, 07:29 AM
The historical statistics tell us that 50% of all married people will have an affair. Since we don't even have one admiited affair, even after a divorce on here we have the be the best group of moral god fearing eagle scouts the world had produces or we have some liars among us.:spock:

We're Chiefs fans. we're too depressed to have affairs!

stlchiefs
12-03-2009, 07:36 AM
I couldn't afford more than one woman.

Edit: I can barely afford the one I got!

angelo
12-03-2009, 07:40 AM
My wife once asked if I thought about sex with other women.

I said "Yes, Everyday"

Her follow up question was will I be faithful.

I said "I would not make her a promise that I might break, but that the love and respect for her far out ways any desire to lose her trust".

It would be easy for me to say I would never be unfaithful, but the fact is no one ever can promise that. Everyone has different ideas of what constitutes cheating. There is mental, emotional and physical. Due you draw the line at touching, at penetration, at expressions of desire. It depends on you level of passion and how you express it. In the past,
I have had looks that can be more satisfying than a kiss. I have experienced a more intense feeling with the brush of a hand than with penetration.

Sure, I think about other women. but I waited for 7 years for my wife.
Every time I see her I get the same feeling I get when I first saw her.
She is my best friend that I want to see naked.

I said this to her once. "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence if you don't water your own lawn."

It is human nature to covet beautiful things. But a wise man once told life can be boiled down to "Choice and Consequences".

I choose every day to be faithful to my wife.

I will now step down from the soap box.

Ang

StcChief
12-03-2009, 07:46 AM
If it floats, fly's or F**K's. RENT IT!this.

kc rush
12-03-2009, 08:13 AM
Married 15 years, never cheated.

ChiTown
12-03-2009, 08:21 AM
I did all of my running around before I got married. I saw NO reason to get married if I were still inclined to chase tail. Now, that is not to say that I don't look and occasionally flirt with girls, but it NEVER gets beyond that point.

Married 16 years

Gonzo
12-03-2009, 08:24 AM
Married 15 years, never cheated.

Oh, btw Lumpy...

This.
(just in case you were wondering)

;)
Posted via Mobile Device

ChiTown
12-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Oh, btw Lumpy...

This.

;)
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

Dayze
12-03-2009, 08:27 AM
Married, never cheated. Never will. I'm only as good as my name and my word - once those are gone, my name and word don't mean sh*t. (Thanks Dad)

My $.02.

Bane
12-03-2009, 08:30 AM
Married 10 years,****ed around here and there.

BigRedChief
12-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Married 15 years, never cheated.19 years, never cheated. I could care less if JLO wanted to blow me or that my wife isn't a super model. For those of you in good long time marriages, you know what I'm talking about. We have something much more deeper and fullfilling than a few fleeting moments of sexual pleasure could ever be.

Bugeater
12-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Yeah, like anyone is going to publicly admit they did and incur the wrath of the Planet.

Nixhex
12-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Men were put on earth to spread their seed to as many females as possible. It is their duty to keep the women pregnant so our species can survive. It's really that simple. Monogamy is not suited to how a man's brain is wired. In fact it's the exact opposite. While a man may love one woman more than any other his desire to penetrate other females will always exist. This is the reason so many men give in and cheat.

After all we are nothing more than highly advanced animals.

Iowanian
12-03-2009, 08:53 AM
I never have and never will. take that to the bank.

That doesn't mean that I don't see at least 1 woman at some point pretty much every day that my hangdown doesn't say "hey...psst...I'll bet that would be fun". It's just a fact that you can take the dog out of the hunt but you can't take the hunt out of the dog.

burt
12-03-2009, 08:58 AM

and me!

burt
12-03-2009, 08:59 AM
Option number one for the fat man. Honestly, my wife has nothing to worry about. She's WAAAY out of my league. Plus I work all the time and am horribly ugly. Not to mention I love her.

Are we related??......

seclark
12-03-2009, 09:00 AM
29 years
never cheated
never thought about it.
sec

burt
12-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Oh, btw Lumpy...

This.

;)
Posted via Mobile Device

We all already knew this. You got one of the great ones!!!!!

SLAG
12-03-2009, 09:02 AM
is it cheating if its still at the chatting online stage (in all seriousness)?

Clint?

TrebMaxx
12-03-2009, 09:02 AM
I've been married for 19 years and have never strayed. Like others have said, I see gals all the time that it does run through my head (don't know which one) thinking wow that looks like a good time. But I just move on about my day.

DaKCMan AP
12-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Men were put on earth to spread their seed to as many females as possible. It is their duty to keep the women pregnant so our species can survive. It's really that simple. Monogamy is not suited to how a man's brain is wired. In fact it's the exact opposite. While a man may love one woman more than any other his desire to penetrate other females will always exist. This is the reason so many men give in and cheat.

Garbage. All you are is providing an apologetic reasoning for weak-minded and morally bankrupt individuals who give other men a bad rap. There are instances of animals (otters, foxes, etc.) who have a single mate for life.

Iowanian
12-03-2009, 09:06 AM
Part of me wishes there was a wife-approved sex-paintball.

OK to find a gal, work your super cool Fonzie moves and get her to sign a "yes, I'd F you" golf-like score card, make her check "Bathroom" "parking lot" "hotel" or "her house" to give an idea of your timeframe.....

plink...no one gets hurt, but you still know who won.

I'd don't miss the headaches, bullshit games, drama, chance at VD or any of that crap.....but the thrill of the hunt, maybe a little bit.

I married up, so I guess all I can really do is pretend I still think I've got mojo, pretend to be cool on the internet and know that I'm good where I'm at.

burt
12-03-2009, 09:06 AM

Clint?

This is my thoughts. Affair is a little nebulous.

After my Mrs. had her affair, I had many inappropriate conversations with a woman. And continued after we reconciled. I was a little concerned that the reconcilliation wasn't real. Plus, it was fun. Never went any farther, and now it's done. Did I have an affair?

Iowanian
12-03-2009, 09:07 AM
How is that theory working out for the segments of society practicing this philosphy?

BigVE
12-03-2009, 09:08 AM

This sounds more like a person who is totally scared of any type of relationship/commitment and who has probably been hurt or cheated on before so now is a member of the "he-man woman haters" club. Sorry dude, your not living in reality if you really agree with what you posted, maybe it was said tongue in cheek...who knows. Cheating and being unfaithful is NOT an accident, it's a decision. So is STAYING faithful, it doesnt happen by accident either.

seclark
12-03-2009, 09:09 AM

Clint?

if i wouldn't want my wife to to it, i don't do it.
(except standing up to take a piss)
sec

SLAG
12-03-2009, 09:09 AM
This is my thoughts. Affair is a little nebulous.

After my Mrs. had her affair, I had many inappropriate conversations with a woman. And continued after we reconciled. I was a little concerned that the reconcilliation wasn't real. Plus, it was fun. Never went any farther, and now it's done. Did I have an affair?

I would say no..

its a very fine line... and one that is very easy to cross

I tried to cheat with this chick who I did have inappropriate online conversations with, but I was so nervous about doing it I couldnt get it up...

I have also had permission to bone my wifes friend when she wasn't getting any at home, that was much better - esp when I was doing her and her friend at once..

The current gal I am chatting with I am hoping to be another good friend to the both of us ;-) am I currently having an affair? IDK.. and if its wrong.. I dont want to be right.

SLAG
12-03-2009, 09:10 AM
if i wouldn't want my wife to to it, i don't do it.
(except standing up to take a piss)
sec

I am okay with double standards, infact.. I encourage them

burt
12-03-2009, 09:12 AM
I would say no..

I tried to cheat with this chick who I did have inappropriate online conversations with, but I was so nervous about doing it I couldnt get it up...

I have also had permission to bone my wifes friend when she wasn't getting any at home, that was much better - esp when I was doing her and her friend at once..

The current gal I am chatting with I am hoping to be another good friend to the both of us ;-) am I currently having an affair? IDK.. and if its wrong.. I dont want to be right.

I don't have and never will have her permission to bone any one else.

Kerberos
12-03-2009, 09:12 AM
Tiger Woods Family Christmas card photo 2009

Bugeater
12-03-2009, 09:15 AM
I would say no..

This one should give the thread the burst we've all been waiting for.

Nixhex
12-03-2009, 09:16 AM
I knew my post would cause a riff. For the record I've been married 7 years and been completely faithful. I was offering an opinion on why I think men cheat. It is by no means a fact. Relax.

Gonzo
12-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Tiger Woods Family Christmas card photo 2009

ROFL

Lumpy
12-03-2009, 09:17 AM
Oh, btw Lumpy...

This.

;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Don't flatter urself Gonzo, this thread isn't about u. :p

Kerberos
BTW

If you've NEVER filled another womans glory hole (any of the 3) but maybe have had a fantasy or two about it would not be considered an actual affair would it?

Woman would consider it Cheating but to call it an affair would be stretching it wouldn't it?

Gonzo
We all already knew this. You got one of the great ones!!!!!

I really don't care if any of you know it or not...

I was just letting her know, (she knows how to handle firearms).
;)

rockymtnchief
12-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Never been married, but have never cheated on a girlfriend. Hell, I have such a terrible feelings of guilt that I can't even steal a stick of gum.

However, I was dating a gal who was "just about divorced". It wasn't until her husband showed up at my door that I realized she failed to tell him about the divorce.

Nixhex
12-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Has the human species always been monogamus? Or has religion and other things conditioned our species over time to be monogamus?

SLAG
12-03-2009, 09:23 AM
Has the human species always been monogamus? Or has religion and other things conditioned our species over time to be monogamus?

Even the religion of peace... islam allows for four wifes...

This is a no brainer

DaKCMan AP
12-03-2009, 09:25 AM

Nah, they used to have concubines and stuff. However, commandment #7 states 'You shall not commit adultery'.

BigRedChief
12-03-2009, 09:25 AM
Has the human species always been monogamus? Or has religion and other things conditioned our species over time to be monogamus?ohhh the desire to screw anthing that has boobs and a vagina is deep in our gene pool. part of the survival instinct that goes back to the caveman days...maybe...

but we are no longer caveman, we have learned to control our thoughts and not act on every one that pops into our brain.

burt
12-03-2009, 09:28 AM
I really don't care if any of you know it or not...

I was just letting her know, (she knows how to handle firearms).
;)

but we know....none the less.........

burt
12-03-2009, 09:29 AM
ohhh the desire to screw anthing that has boobs and a vagina is deep in our gene pool. part of the survival instinct that goes back to the caveman days...maybe...

but we are no longer caveman, we have learned to control our thoughts and not act on every one that pops into our brain.

or to simply enjoy the thoughts........

Nixhex
12-03-2009, 09:31 AM
ohhh the desire to screw anthing that has boobs and a vagina is deep in our gene pool. part of the survival instinct that goes back to the caveman days...maybe...

This is what I was going for in my original post. I was by no means trying to give men an excuse to cheat. I just think many weak minded individuals fall prey to this "survial instinct".

Frazod
12-03-2009, 09:32 AM
This poll is flawed. I'm currently married and have never had an affair during this marriage, but I'm also divorced and did have affairs during my old marriage (screwed around on her after I learned she had screwed around on me).

So I really don't know how to vote. I'm so confused. :(

Lumpy
12-03-2009, 09:34 AM
This poll is flawed. I'm currently married and have never had an affair during this marriage, but I'm also divorced and did have affairs during my old marriage (screwed around on her after I learned she had screwed around on me).

So I really don't know how to vote. I'm so confused. :(

Go w/ the most recent relationship.

stevieray
12-03-2009, 09:35 AM
have you seen my wife?

...seriously though. we celebrate 17 years Saturday...that was something we made clear when we were dating...you want out? screw around.

have I ever been tempted? no, but the jumpsuit has put me in situations where I could've easily crossed the line..

I simply don't think about it...I love that woman with every ounce of my soul..and she knows it.

Frazod
12-03-2009, 09:35 AM
Go w/ the most recent relationship.

Okay.

My past sins are instantly forgiven. I feel so Catholic. :D

SLAG
12-03-2009, 09:36 AM
Okay.

My past sins are instantly forgiven. I feel so Catholic. :D

good you can take my place..

Frazod
12-03-2009, 09:38 AM
good you can take my place..

Sorry, I sleep in on Sundays.

Lumpy
12-03-2009, 09:38 AM
So far, it appears that the majority of u guys are very dedicated to ur wives. :thumb: Well done, men! But, there seems to be 2 of u that are currently having an affair?! Not that I'm too surprised.

SLAG
12-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Sorry, I sleep in on Sundays.

fine dont take my place

I'm sleepin in too..

I dont consider myself even a christian anymore... :shrug:

burt
12-03-2009, 09:40 AM
So far, it appears that the majority of u guys are very dedicated to ur wives. :thumb: Well done, men! But, there seems to be 2 of u that are currently having an affair?! Not that I'm too surprised.

YOU never decreed if I had an affair or not.....

Lumpy
12-03-2009, 09:48 AM
YOU never decreed if I had an affair or not.....

Jury is still out on that one. If it was only talking and it never got physical, it could be classified as an emotional affair, at least IMO.

RJ
12-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Who the hell has the time to have an affair? Seriously, where do you work that in the schedule? I need to work on my time management.

SLAG
12-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Who the hell has the time to have an affair? Seriously, where do you work that in the schedule? I need to work on my time management.

between the hours of 12am and 4am

cant you live on 2-3hrs of sleep.. the strange can help keep you energized

Groves
12-03-2009, 09:55 AM

I said "Yes, Everyday"

I said "I would not make her a promise that I might break, but that the love and respect for her far out ways any desire to lose her trust".

It would be easy for me to say I would never be unfaithful, but the fact is no one ever can promise that.

Ang

I hope she never asks you to promise that you'll never cut her up into pieces and put her in ziplocs stored in the freezer...but if she does, I'd love to hear your response.

RJ
12-03-2009, 10:01 AM

I have a beautiful wife who is 15 years younger than me. I guess if she doesn't keep me energized, another one won't help. Besides, I have enough trouble getting up by 6 every morning as it is.

There should have been a "I might have an affair if I had more time and wasn't so damn tired at night" option. Hell, I usually can't even stay awake late enough to watch a movie.

El Jefe
12-03-2009, 10:02 AM
19 years, never cheated. I could care less if JLO wanted to blow me or that my wife isn't a super model. For those of you in good long time marriages, you know what I'm talking about. We have something much more deeper and fullfilling than a few fleeting moments of sexual pleasure could ever be.

:clap:

SLAG
12-03-2009, 10:02 AM
I have a beautiful wife who is 15 years younger than me. I guess if she doesn't keep me energized, another one won't help. Besides, I have enough trouble getting up by 6 every morning as it is.

There should have been a "I might have an affair if I had more time and wasn't so damn tired at night" option. Hell, I usually can't even stay awake late enough to watch a movie.

sounds like your getting old my friend..

a hot wife 15 yrs your younger... nicee :clap:

Iowanian
12-03-2009, 10:03 AM

Or the dope....

Sounds like you've made quite the change of character.

El Jefe
12-03-2009, 10:04 AM

I said "Yes, Everyday"

It would be easy for me to say I would never be unfaithful, but the fact is no one ever can promise that. Everyone has different ideas of what constitutes cheating. There is mental, emotional and physical. Due you draw the line at touching, at penetration, at expressions of desire. It depends on you level of passion and how you express it. In the past,
I have had looks that can be more satisfying than a kiss. I have experienced a more intense feeling with the brush of a hand than with penetration.

Sure, I think about other women. but I waited for 7 years for my wife.
Every time I see her I get the same feeling I get when I first saw her.
She is my best friend that I want to see naked.

I said this to her once. "the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence if you don't water your own lawn."

It is human nature to covet beautiful things. But a wise man once told life can be boiled down to "Choice and Consequences".

I choose every day to be faithful to my wife.

I will now step down from the soap box.

Ang

Wow that quote is ridiculously good.

stevieray
12-03-2009, 10:05 AM
Wow that quote is ridiculously good.I've always liked 'the grass is greener, but still needs to be mowed.'

El Jefe
12-03-2009, 10:06 AM

I disagree with everything you said.

SLAG
12-03-2009, 10:06 AM
Or the dope....

Sounds like you've made quite the change of character.

Yes and no

Somethings have changed more than others.. and ofcourse the more things change.. the more they stay the same.

BucEyedPea
12-03-2009, 10:07 AM

That's sumthin' for a pig.:D

RJ
12-03-2009, 10:08 AM
sounds like your getting old my friend..

a hot wife 15 yrs your younger... nicee :clap:

Yeah, I am getting older, but my wife is usually asleep before I am. If I wanna get me some, it better be before 11.

And to think we used to be such night owls.

Nixhex
12-03-2009, 10:10 AM
I disagree with everything you said.

Keep reading the thread.

burt
12-03-2009, 10:12 AM
Jury is still out on that one. If it was only talking and it never got physical, it could be classified as an emotional affair, at least IMO.

damn.........

Easy 6
12-03-2009, 10:13 AM
During my 13 years of marriage, i had 3 one night stands but nothing that could be called an 'affair'... i'm not nearly a good enough liar to pull off an affair, hell, all of my one nighters were sniffed out by that 'cheater bloodhound' of an ex of mine.

I deeply regret those actions, they didnt even came close to being worth the hurt/damage they caused.

It would be tough as hell being a guy like Tiger though, there would be an endless supply of ravishing beauties just begging to get with you... turning them all down would require Superhuman effort.

My next true love will have 0 worries though, i've learned my lesson... one love rulez.

BigVE
12-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Someone needs to go ahead and start a thread/counter-thread for the WOMEN of CP or wives/gf's of CP members to compare the numbers.

El Jefe
12-03-2009, 10:19 AM
Garbage. All you are is providing an apologetic reasoning for weak-minded and morally bankrupt individuals who give other men a bad rap. There are instances of animals (otters, foxes, etc.) who have a single mate for life.

QFT

Nixhex
12-03-2009, 10:22 AM
Ok, I offered my opinion on why I think men cheat. All of you who disagree with my opinion have not offered an opinion of your own. You don't think it has to do with it being in our genetics. Why do men cheat then? Especially ones that have a great wife already?

stevieray
12-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Ok, I offered my opinion on why I think men cheat. All of you who disagree with my opinion have not offered an opinion of your own. You don't think it has to do with it being in our genetics. Why do men cheat then? Especially ones that have a great wife already?
tell ourselves we're still the young lions

The Franchise
12-03-2009, 10:23 AM
I've been married for 5 months.....but I've been with her for almost 2 years. No cheating.

I think that the reason that I say I'll never cheat is because when I was 20....my girlfriend at the time cheated on me.....on Valentine's Day.....

SLAG
12-03-2009, 10:24 AM
you know what they say, for every hot bitch there is a dude sick of fuckin her

Iowanian
12-03-2009, 10:25 AM

Why do some men lie? Why do some men Steal?

El Jefe
12-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Keep reading the thread.

:doh!:.

keg in kc
12-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Divorced, never had an affair. My ex-wife had several.

angelo
12-03-2009, 10:29 AM
I hope she never asks you to promise that you'll never cut her up into pieces and put her in ziplocs stored in the freezer...but if she does, I'd love to hear your response.

My response would be

"Don't make me ask twice"

Ang

Lumpy
12-03-2009, 10:30 AM
damn.........

Sry Burt, that's just how I view it. However, some ppl wouldn't see it that way and they view an affair as being only physical.

Nixhex
12-03-2009, 10:31 AM
Why do some men lie? Why do some men Steal?

Poor judgment is a reason happily married men cheat. However, what inside them caused them to have such poor judgment?

Easy 6
12-03-2009, 10:36 AM
Poor judgment is a reason happily married men cheat. However, what inside them caused them to have such poor judgment?

My bad judgement was based largely on revenge, or feeling like she 'had it coming' because she did me damn dirty a few times before we were married... she felt like her dalliances should have been forgiven/forgotten after marriage & maybe she was right.

But i definitely didnt see it that way at the time.

Simply Red
12-03-2009, 11:01 AM
DIVORCED, Never had an affair.

Except that one time when I was in PCB, Fl. I picked up an overweight alcoholic girl w/ diabetes, we shared a blue snowcone.

journeyscarab
12-03-2009, 11:29 AM
Just celebrated 19 years and heard a great quote once I tend to live by "I've been through one womans boot camp - I'm not up for another". I would be so worried about letting my wife and kids down not to mention breaking a promise I made to God. I have everything I could ever want in a woman with my wife. Its not always easy and we get on each others nerves every so often but anything worth while takes hard work and dedication and my wife and kids are totally worth it.

OnTheWarpath15
12-03-2009, 11:30 AM
DIVORCED, Never had an affair.

Except that one time when I was in PCB, Fl. I picked up an overweight alcoholic girl w/ diabetes, we shared a blue snowcone.

ROFL

Jilly
12-03-2009, 11:54 AM
My ex was gone constantly. And yes, I cheated on him. He wasn't in town long enough for me to divorce him and when he was in town he was off doing "other" things. I still don't know what most of those "other" things were.

Iowanian
12-03-2009, 12:18 PM
For some reason, I'm not sure that I believe the percentages in the results of this pole. They sure don't match the percentages relating to people I know.

I wonder if the loyal spouses are mostly the only ones who wish to answer.

MichaelH
12-03-2009, 12:25 PM
I've been married since 1995 and dated since 1990 and have never cheated on my wife. Real men don't cheat.

Demonpenz
12-03-2009, 12:25 PM
I cheated a couple times after my spouse had a kid. She got fat and gross and I couldn't touch her until she got back in shape

Easy 6
12-03-2009, 12:29 PM
I've been married since 1995 and dated since 1990 and have never cheated on my wife. Real men don't cheat.

Real Men... are human & fallible, like everyone else.

I agree with your premise, but get off the high horse.

MichaelH
12-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Real Men... are human & fallible, like everyone else.

I agree with your premise, but get off the high horse.

I took the vows. I also waited until I was 28 to get married and knew this was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I don't agree that being human and fallible make it right to cheat on your wife. If that puts me on a high horse then so be it.

Easy 6
12-03-2009, 12:42 PM
I also waited until I was 28 to get married

Thats a smart move that not all of us were smart enough to make, some of us kinda didnt have a choice.

Yes, you are to be commended for truly honoring your vows... but judging people who have faltered as not being 'real men' is over the top.

People are forgiven & move on from other things that are just as bad, every day.

burt
12-03-2009, 12:44 PM
I took the vows. I also waited until I was 28 to get married and knew this was the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I don't agree that being human and fallible make it right to cheat on your wife. If that puts me on a high horse then so be it.

I waited until I was 35. In retrospect, I wouldn't have done it. But I do love my kids!!!!

Brock
12-03-2009, 12:45 PM
I cheated a couple times after my spouse had a kid. She got fat and gross and I couldn't touch her until she got back in shape

ROFL

Jilly
12-03-2009, 12:47 PM
I waited until I was 35. In retrospect, I wouldn't have done it. But I do love my kids!!!!

I was 19 when I got married the first time. I think they should raise the parental consent age to at least 21.

dirk digler
12-03-2009, 12:52 PM
When I was married I never cheated even though she accused me of it.

I been with my current g/f \fiancee for 7 years and haven't cheated either.

burt
12-03-2009, 12:59 PM
I was 19 when I got married the first time. I think they should raise the parental consent age to at least 21.

Well, 35 was too young for me!

Jilly
12-03-2009, 01:00 PM
Well, 35 was too young for me!

Yeah, but you're kinda special.

kindra68
12-03-2009, 01:01 PM
What if you are technically married? As in signed line (vows) to signed line (divorce) for seven years, but he walks out beginning of year two and you don’t even know if he’s alive the last 5.
Cause then I cheated. A few times.

Mecca
12-03-2009, 01:03 PM
Well shit since I've never been married I can't really add much here.

teedubya
12-03-2009, 01:14 PM
Isn't that what PORN is for? So you can imagine boning other women without actually doing it?

Long Live PORN!!!

The Franchise
12-03-2009, 01:22 PM
What if you are technically married? As in signed line (vows) to signed line (divorce) for seven years, but he walks out beginning of year two and you don’t even know if he’s alive the last 5.

Disappeared for 5 years? I wouldn't consider that cheating.

Mecca
12-03-2009, 01:23 PM

That sounds like a really weird relationship.

MichaelH
12-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Thats a smart move that not all of us were smart enough to make, some of us kinda didnt have a choice.

Yes, you are to be commended for truly honoring your vows... but judging people who have faltered as not being 'real men' is over the top.

People are forgiven & move on from other things that are just as bad, every day.

Judging? Are you serious? ROFL I was only kidding when I said real men don't cheat. But now I'm not so sure I was kidding.

MichaelH
12-03-2009, 02:15 PM

This! I look at my two boys every single day and cannot imagine my life without them.

Phobia
12-03-2009, 02:38 PM

What if you call them scumbags? I'm not saying that I'm perfect or better than anybody else because of my choices. I'm thankful that I've not pulled the trigger despite opportunities. I've been tempted and have managed to abstain. It's possible. Being a scumbag or not a "real man" isn't a lifelong label. It's something that men are able to overcome. But cheating is very, very low. It's despicable. But our culture has glamorized it and accepts it. I don't accept THAT.

burt
12-03-2009, 03:09 PM
Yeah, but you're kinda special.

:tinfoil: um.....thanks?????

burt
12-03-2009, 03:13 PM
This! I look at my two boys every single day and cannot imagine my life without them.

I have an 11 year old girl and a 14 year old boy and feel the same as you. EVEN when thay are makin' me crazy!!!!

underEJ
12-03-2009, 03:31 PM
Sry Burt, that's just how I view it. However, some ppl wouldn't see it that way and they view an affair as being only physical.

My ex still doesn't think he had an affair because he never put Tab A into Slot B until after we separated, but I do think he had one because she became the primary relationship in his life, and even moved in with him, while I was working 400 miles away. I believe he did not have sex with her until we decided to separate, but I believe he was being deceitful long before that by telling me there was nothing to worry about, and making me feel like a jealous nag.

His band ratted him out to me because I'm awesome! I have forgiven him, they are still together, he and I are still friends, but I would never cross a line that would make her feel the way I felt. It WAS an affair.

Lumpy
12-03-2009, 03:43 PM
...It WAS an affair.

U don't believe that it ever became physical until after u two split up, right? So, what ur saying is, (if this was true), then they were more or less only doing heavy flirting and such? Do u see that as having an emotional affair then?

BigMeatballDave
12-03-2009, 03:50 PM
I disagree with everything you said.Yeah, but everything he said there is factual. Where the human element comes in is for us to practice restraint.

Gonzo
12-03-2009, 03:53 PM
U don't believe that it ever became physical until after u two split up, right? So, what ur saying is, (if this was true), then they were more or less only doing heavy flirting and such? Do u see that as having an emotional affair then?

http://i31.tinypic.com/sphm69.jpg

Iowanian
12-03-2009, 03:54 PM
So....who is Gonzo flirting with at work?

underEJ
12-03-2009, 03:54 PM

Pretty much. I believe him when he says he put the brakes on before having sex. There was at least some physical part of the relationship, though, as well as the heavily emotional part. The only thing I actually saw with my own eyes was a day I arrived home unexpectedly, and they were cuddling on the couch, his head in her lap, and her fingers running through his hair, watching a hockey game.

Gonzo
12-03-2009, 03:55 PM

Shut your mouth fool....

Phobia
12-03-2009, 03:55 PM
My ex still doesn't think he had an affair because he never put Tab A into Slot B until after we separated, but I do think he had one because she became the primary relationship in his life, and even moved in with him, while I was working 400 miles away. I believe he did not have sex with her until we decided to separate, but I believe he was being deceitful long before that by telling me there was nothing to worry about, and making me feel like a jealous nag.

His band ratted him out to me because I'm awesome! I have forgiven him, they are still together, he and I are still friends, but I would never cross a line that would make her feel the way I felt. It WAS an affair.

Forgive me but you're naive. If he had the wherewithall to step out, he consummated the deal too. I'm not trying to pee in your cheerios but I've been down this road. I know the score. I am pleased to hear you've made your peace with him though. That's something I wish I could have experienced.

seclark
12-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Pretty much. I believe him when he says he put the brakes on before having sex. There was at least some physical part of the relationship, though, as well as the heavily emotional part. The only thing I actually saw with my own eyes was a day I arrived home unexpectedly, and they were cuddling on the couch, his head in her lap, and her fingers running through his hair, watching a hockey game.

bet the hockey game ended early, huh?
sec

Lumpy
12-03-2009, 03:56 PM
http://i31.tinypic.com/sphm69.jpg

ROFL

Just trying to get a better understanding of her situation, Gonzo.

Gonzo
12-03-2009, 03:58 PM
ROFL

Just trying to get a better understanding of her situation, Gonzo.

Don't you have some dinner to cook or a baby to take care of?

Fuck, woman...
Why do you make me hit you?

teedubya
Hey Lumpy... How YOOOOUUUUU Doin'?

Lumpy

:doh!: LMAO I knew that was going to happen. No sir, this thread had nothing to do w/ Gonzo.

Gonzo
Hey Lumpy... How YOOOOUUUUU Doin'?

Shut yo mouth fool...

Iowanian
12-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Shut your mouth fool....

Its not my fault, its' CP tradition that this type of thread isn't over until the 2 spouses participating are in an uncomfortable brawl....

EJ....from 400 miles away, while your husband was plowing hockey-fan, how many inappropriate discussions/interactions/conversations did you have with other men?

Gonzo
:doh!: LMAO I knew that was going to happen. No sir, this thread had nothing to do w/ Gonzo.

Just the guy she's fucking behind my back...

underEJ
Forgive me but you're naive. If he had the wherewithall to step out, he consummated the deal too. I'm not trying to pee in your cheerios but I've been down this road. I know the score. I am pleased to hear you've made your peace with him though. That's something I wish I could have experienced.

I'm not naive. I'm just not sharing enough to make that obvious, but it doesn't matter anyway, he paid the penalty for having done it, even if he didn't.

Gonzo
12-03-2009, 04:00 PM
Its not my fault, its' CP tradition that this type of thread isn't over until the 2 spouses participating are in an uncomfortable brawl....

EJ....from 400 miles away, while your husband was plowing hockey-fan, how many inappropriate discussions/interactions/conversations did you have with other men?

I forgive you sweetums...

Iowanian
12-03-2009, 04:00 PM

Whatever you say Clint_in_Omaha.....Gonzo_n_Fiesty is about to bust you out for your inappropriate online flirting.

Thanks for those PM photos btw. Very impressive flexibility.

MOhillbilly
12-03-2009, 04:01 PM
i have never cheated in my life. ever.

Gonzo
12-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Whatever you say Clint_in_Omaha.....Gonzo_n_Fiesty is about to bust you out for your inappropriate online flirting.

Thanks for those PM photos btw. Very impressive.

You sonofabitch...

Do you think I look good in blue btw?
:D

Iowanian
12-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Real Tree hardwoods is more slimming on your figure Gonzo_in_Counciltucky

Gonzo
12-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Real Tree hardwoods is more slimming on your figure Gonzo_in_Counciltucky

Noted...

Iowanian_in_EastIllinois

Iowanian
12-03-2009, 04:08 PM
west.....west is to the left. If North is at the top....west is to the left. [/mrs webster, 4th grade geography]

~Indianowanian

Phobia
12-03-2009, 04:08 PM
I'm not naive. I'm just not sharing enough to make that obvious, but it doesn't matter anyway, he paid the penalty for having done it, even if he didn't.

You're comfortable with whatever happened and have moved on. I think that's great. Forgive my intrusion, please. It's none of my business.

Gonzo
12-03-2009, 04:11 PM
west.....west is to the left. If North is at the top....west is to the left. [/mrs webster, 4th grade geography]

~Indianowanian

Suck it...

ROFL

I was flustered from the compliment.

Easy 6
12-03-2009, 04:11 PM
What if you call them scumbags? I'm not saying that I'm perfect or better than anybody else because of my choices. I'm thankful that I've not pulled the trigger despite opportunities. I've been tempted and have managed to abstain. It's possible. Being a scumbag or not a "real man" isn't a lifelong label. It's something that men are able to overcome. But cheating is very, very low. It's despicable. But our culture has glamorized it and accepts it. I don't accept THAT.

Making a 'scumbag' judgement is yours to make, but i couldnt agree with it as a blanket statement about anyone who's ever failed as a husband. Committed relationships go both ways, what if both are being soulless jerks?

I & i'm sure many others, would never even try to 'glamorize' our choices, i regret them more deeply than i feel like discussing at ChiefsPlanet thats for sure, to this day.

underEJ
12-03-2009, 04:12 PM

Fair enough question!! None, no opportunity to have been tested in that case as I was working very long hours. I like to think I choose to be faithful, but I can understand that situation and opportunity determine some of that, I guess.

underEJ
12-03-2009, 04:17 PM
You're comfortable with whatever happened and have moved on. I think that's great. Forgive my intrusion, please. It's none of my business.

No intrusion. I posted it, I expected reaction. :)

Lumpy
12-03-2009, 04:21 PM
Just the guy she's ****ing behind my back...

Shut up Gonzo... u ignorant slut! LMAO

underEJ
12-03-2009, 04:21 PM
P.S. I only posted it to point out that one man(or woman if they were included) may answer a poll like this as never cheated, while their spouse is of a different opinion, even working from the same set of accepted facts.

Phobia
12-03-2009, 04:26 PM
Making a 'scumbag' judgement is yours to make, but i couldnt agree with it as a blanket statement about anyone who's ever failed as a husband. Committed relationships go both ways, what if both are being soulless jerks?

I & i'm sure many others, would never even try to 'glamorize' our choices, i regret them more deeply than i feel like discussing at ChiefsPlanet thats for sure, to this day.

I'm standing very firmly on my principles as a matter of holding myself and others accountable. I have close friends who have been unfaithful and I think they're scumbags for their actions. Doesn't mean I'm the "ultimate" judge of them or that I reject their friendship. So, I guess I'm rationalizing judgment. I don't think I'm doing that exactly but will acknowledge that I have one foot in the water. How are we to staunchly hold one another accountable without very strong descriptors of questionable character flaws?

Jilly
12-03-2009, 04:28 PM
P.S. I only posted it to point out that one man(or woman if they were included) may answer a poll like this as never cheated, while their spouse is of a different opinion, even working from the same set of accepted facts.

I could agree with this and was gonna post it earlier.

ChiefsNWildcats
12-03-2009, 04:29 PM
The Mrs. friggin drives me insane half the time. I couldn't handle dealing with multiple versions of crazy. You mormon fellas, power to ya...

burt
12-03-2009, 04:30 PM

I did nothing but suggestive texts......a couple of pics.....NO TOUCHING!!!!!but it was wrong. I just don't know if I'd classify it as an affair!

Lumpy
12-03-2009, 04:33 PM
I did nothing but suggestive texts......a couple of pics.....NO TOUCHING!!!!!but it was wrong. I just don't know if I'd classify it as an affair!

Nudes? If nudes... then... well...

burt
12-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Nudes? If nudes... then... well...

Not nudes....that would be very unflattering to me! But none the less, it is way done and there is no contact what so ever. I realize that it was wrong.

Easy 6
12-03-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm standing very firmly on my principles as a matter of holding myself and others accountable. I have close friends who have been unfaithful and I think they're scumbags for their actions. Doesn't mean I'm the "ultimate" judge of them or that I reject their friendship. So, I guess I'm rationalizing judgment. I don't think I'm doing that exactly but will acknowledge that I have one foot in the water. How are we to staunchly hold one another accountable without very strong descriptors of questionable character flaws?

Like i said to MichaelH, i totally agree with the truth behind the idea & accountability is key.

I learned that i am at heart a definite one gal guy, its just so much more fulfilling... my next love is in for a very humbled & rebuilt guy.

burt
12-03-2009, 04:54 PM
Like i said to MichaelH, i totally agree with the truth behind the idea & accountability is key.

I learned that i am at heart a definite one gal guy, its just so much more fulfilling... my next love is in for a very humbled & rebuilt guy.

Are you Ultra Peanut?

Easy 6
12-03-2009, 05:04 PM
Are you Ultra Peanut?

Nope, last i heard Ultra & Mecca had moved into a sweet 'lil condo up in Iowa, despite unfounded rumors of his passing.

stlchiefs
12-03-2009, 05:27 PM
Nope, last i heard Ultra & Mecca had moved into a sweet 'lil condo up in Iowa, despite unfounded rumors of his passing.

I thought someone spotted them watching a hockey game and UP was running her fingers through Mecca's hair.

Simply Red
12-03-2009, 05:37 PM
With the recent Tiger Woods affair in the news, it makes me wonder if the majority of men are douchebags to their wives? So, out of curiousity, what is ur affair status? What do u think causes men to have an affair?

I'm asking only the men, (sry ladies).

Private poll to follow.

TIA

Never cheated, I may moving forward, though. Kind of over the whole thing. heh

nice guys finish last, GoChiefs needs to learn that too. And don't even tell me it ain't like that, because, it is (@ least when dating)