PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals The Christmas Spirit

Direckshun
12-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Is lost on my entire family.

I have four families to negotiate this Christmas.

1. My fiance's.
2. My mother's side.
3. My father's side.
4. My sister's fiance's side.

1, 3, and 4 have all made plans independently that leave zero room for 2.

So I'm trying to get any of the three to budge a little bit on their plans so that 2 can happen, and all I'm doing is getting yelled at today, being told that the "other party" is to blame for this snafu. Indignation for everybody.

I'm not interested in blame anymore, I'm interested in solutions.

But nobody wants to be a part of the solution.

Merry Christmas, everybody. Jesus would approve.

Simply Red
12-04-2009, 02:13 PM
Is lost on my entire family.

I have four families to negotiate this Christmas.

1. My fiance's.
2. My mother's side.
3. My father's side.
4. My sister's fiance's side.

1, 3, and 4 have all made plans independently that leave zero room for 2.

So I'm trying to get any of the three to budge a little bit on their plans so that 2 can happen, and all I'm doing is getting yelled at today, being told that the "other party" is to blame for this snafu. Indignation for everybody.

I'm not interested in blame anymore, I'm interested in solutions.

But nobody wants to be a part of the solution.

Merry Christmas, everybody. Jesus would approve.

This is so ****ing common, but yet, still friggin' ridiculous! I hate people. Merry lil' Christmas!!

Hammock Parties
12-04-2009, 02:14 PM
Sometimes I think not celebrating Christmas is a huge blessing...from my lord Satan.

Frazod
12-04-2009, 02:14 PM
1. If you enjoy getting laid, go with your fiance and send everybody else cards.

2. What does this have to do with the Cardinals?

Inspector
12-04-2009, 02:16 PM
They are making great strides with cloning.

Look into it.

Stinger
12-04-2009, 02:26 PM
I think Clark Griswold said it best ...... "Hallelujah! Holy shit! Where's the Tylenol?"

kaplin42
12-04-2009, 02:28 PM
**** Christmas!! I used to appreciate that it was a time of year when one was supposed to put their best foot forward. Be nice, cheery, generous, and offer a helping hand. Those days are so long gone, it's not even funny. Fights in parking lots over who can take the next spot, fights in the mall over who gets the last sweater or hot toy or what ever. So many expectations on everyone that it just generaly causes everyone to stress out and thus be in a pissed off mood.

"Daddy, I wanted the green Xbox, not the regular one" -- **** Off

"Sweety, you know we have to go to my moms house, or she will have a fit. I know we have spent the last 5 xmases there, but your parents are easier going then mine, they won't care that we won't be there." -- **** Off

"Hey, I have been waiting for that spot for 15 minutes."
"Thats nice, guess you will be waiting for another 30" -- **** Off

I HATE this time of year with a passion. My general dislike of humanity is proven doubly over every December.

sedated
12-04-2009, 02:29 PM
my only advice would be to drink until you can't feel feelings anymore.

sedated
12-04-2009, 02:31 PM
I HATE this time of year with a passion. My general dislike of humanity is proven doubly over every December.

don't forget the advertising campaigns that make you think everyone else in america is getting/giving lexuses for xmas.

Bearcat
12-04-2009, 02:32 PM
Do we go through this every year here? I don't remember ever having this many "Merry f***ing Christmas" threads before.

Frazod
12-04-2009, 02:33 PM
Do we go through this every year here? I don't remember ever having this many "Merry f***ing Christmas" threads before.

Money's tight
Times are hard
Here's your fucking Christmas card

Bearcat
12-04-2009, 02:37 PM
Money's tight
Times are hard
Here's your ****ing Christmas card

I like the poem on the outside, but I know what picture awaits on the inside...

Asshole.

I mean, thanks!

Frazod
12-04-2009, 02:40 PM
I like the poem on the outside, but I know what picture awaits on the inside...

Asshole.

I mean, thanks!

That's the second time this week you've called me an asshole. I'm beginning to develop a complex. :D

Buck
12-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Well #2 Should always come first
Then you gotta decide between #1/#3 next
#4 gets whatevers left of you if possible.

Fish
12-04-2009, 02:44 PM
I learned several years ago not to try and play referee with the multiple family get togethers.... Been down that road, and it never ever ever worked out. There's no possible way to please everyone in that situation.

Do what works best for you and the missus.... and tell the rest to suck a yule log... they'll get over it. Be ready to shrug off the guilt trips....

Bob Dole
That's the second time this week you've called me an asshole. I'm beginning to develop a complex. :D

A real asshole wouldn't develop a complex, asshole.

The Franchise
Then you gotta decide between #1/#3 next
#4 gets whatevers left of you if possible.

This.

Fuck #4.....they're not important.

Bearcat
12-04-2009, 02:45 PM

In that case, I'll slow down, because it's a long offseason and we'll need ya back here in March to turn all of our basketball threads into football discussions. :D

sedated
12-04-2009, 02:47 PM

I generally have a little #1 before my #2 comes.

Bearcat
12-04-2009, 02:49 PM
I learned several years ago not to try and play referee with the multiple family get togethers.... Been down that road, and it never ever ever worked out. There's no possible way to please everyone in that situation.

Do what works best for you and the missus.... and tell the rest to suck a yule log... they'll get over it. Be ready to shrug off the guilt trips....

Yep, I hear Christmas just got a 5 year extension, so there will be another one next year, and the year after that, and the year after that....

My family is so simple. We have Thanksgiving on my mom's side, our own Christmas that day, and then my dad's side has one big family party the weekend after Christmas every year.

It's.

Not.

That.

Hard.

Demonpenz
12-04-2009, 02:56 PM
which one has the eldest family member? go to that one hug the bitch real tight and say. Goodbye sweet grandma enjoy hell. Then leave

Frazod
12-04-2009, 02:58 PM
A real asshole wouldn't develop a complex, asshole.

I know. I was lying.

Just to be an asshole. :)

Buck
12-04-2009, 03:00 PM
I generally have a little #1 before my #2 comes.

Word.

Inspector
12-04-2009, 03:20 PM
My wake up call about Christmas and the commercializing of it (and this happened about 3 decades ago)...

Our kids, standing in the family room with toys, boxes, wrapping paper waist deep. Couldn't even see their legs they had so many toys and crap they were wading through.

One of my sons groped through everything looking for at least one more present to unwrap - to feed the orgy of paper tearing unwrapping they were entranced with.

Not finding anymore to unwrap he looks over to me and says, "And what else!?"

Earthling
12-04-2009, 03:25 PM
So just have a nice time at your own house, being sure to send invitations to all your family etc. They can make up their own minds if seeing you is worth it...(hehe j/k on that part)

FishingRod
12-04-2009, 03:28 PM
# 5 Stay at your house

invite 1-4 to stop by anytime.

kaplin42
12-04-2009, 03:30 PM
# 5 Stay at your house

invite 1-4 to stop by anytime.

DISCO!!

Iowanian
12-04-2009, 03:44 PM
The season is what you make of it.

We lived away from both families and were making about an 800mile triangle on holiday weekends, with babies that just wasn't going to work long term.

Our families "rotate" holidays....We all go to my folks one year and then spouses the next, so we're all on the same schedule. Christmas, we do our best to visit both sides, and sometimes it takes 2 weekends, but family is important to both of us, and we want our kids to be able to spend time with both families for many reasons. That also means that we don't always get to visit all of the extended family gatherings, but we try to do what we can.

Christmas doesn't have to be stressful, doesn't have to be a burden. I know that I get significantly "more" out of the season since I've really understood that its about other people....family, strangers and neighbors I can spend time with or help.

Sometimes, I've wondered if some of the things I do really make a difference, and then I have experiences like last week where someone cries as they're telling you what happened with your anonymous donation through them, for example. I don't enjoy Christmas shopping at all, but I definitely enjoy making my kids smile. Both of those things make me feel better this time of year than receiving a gift ever could.

seclark
12-04-2009, 03:50 PM
The season is what you make of it.

We lived away from both families and were making about an 800mile triangle on holiday weekends, with babies that just wasn't going to work long term.

Our families "rotate" holidays....We all go to my folks one year and then spouses the next, so we're all on the same schedule. Christmas, we do our best to visit both sides, and sometimes it takes 2 weekends, but family is important to both of us, and we want our kids to be able to spend time with both families for many reasons. That also means that we don't always get to visit all of the extended family gatherings, but we try to do what we can.

Christmas doesn't have to be stressful, doesn't have to be a burden. I know that I get significantly "more" out of the season since I've really understood that its about other people....family, strangers and neighbors I can spend time with or help.

Sometimes, I've wondered if some of the things I do really make a difference, and then I have experiences like last week where someone cries as they're telling you what happened with your anonymous donation through them, for example. I don't enjoy Christmas shopping at all, but I definitely enjoy making my kids smile. Both of those things make me feel better this time of year than receiving a gift ever could.

^^^^^^^^^gets it^^^^^^^^^^^^
sec

Simply Red
12-04-2009, 03:52 PM
^^^^^^^^^gets it^^^^^^^^^^^^
sec

trouble is, it takes a whole room of fuggin' family to 'get it'

Demonpenz
12-04-2009, 03:55 PM
you know who REALLY enjoys christmas? My dog

stlchiefs
12-04-2009, 03:55 PM
2. What does this have to do with the Cardinals?

It's the red.

Mosbonian
12-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Kudo's Mr Iowanian.....a man who knows reason.

We are having Christmas at the Mmaddog family home...we have invited all family members (in-laws and outlaws) who wish to join us. I have maybe 3 more years of family Christmas with my son and maybe 6 with my daughter before they both go out and get lives that take them elsewhere for Christmas. I dread that day, so all the Christmas celebrations from now till then are at home.

What I really wish for....is that I had one more Christmas with my Mother and one more with my Father-in-law. Sometimes you take things for granted.....

mmaddog

Dayze
12-04-2009, 05:55 PM
Something I think not celebrating Christmas is a huge blessing...from my lord Satan.

ROFL

Dayze
12-04-2009, 05:56 PM
dude...I posted a similar issue about Christmas in different thread.

I have 4 straight days of shit to go to. It gets worse each year.
One of these years, I'm just going to say 'no'; and the in-laws can be pissd all they want; I won't give a F at that point.

bevischief
12-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Rotate holidays and years or host them all...

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-04-2009, 08:30 PM
When I run into these type of problems I just go do what i do best and screw everybody else.

That's right !

CosmicPal
12-04-2009, 09:45 PM
I'm driving all the way to KC from Tampa, Florida to spend Christmas with my mom. My sister is bringing her family in from St. Louis.

When my sister-in-law in Colorado heard about me going to KC for Christmas, she had the audacity to call me up and tell me I was going to be a burden to my mother and that I was not to stay any more than a week.

Told her to go f*ck herself. How's that for Christmas spirit. :shake: