PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Traitor!!! Chiefs fan going thru hypnosis to convert to Bronco fan!?

NIUhuskies
12-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Broncomaniac wannabe
By Jim Armstrong
The Denver Post
Posted: 12/05/2009 01:00:00 AM MST

Denverite Dave Hoye, a lifelong Chiefs fan who wants to become a Broncos fan, submitted to hypnosis this week to try to love the local team. ( Hyoung Chang, The Denver Post )
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2009/1204/20091204__20091205_C01_SP05PBXBRONX~p1.JPG

It was Thanksgiving Day 2005, and Dave Hoye was miserable. Why? Because the Broncos had just rallied to beat the Dallas Cowboys in overtime, virtually sealing a trip to the playoffs.

"It was a bitter loss for those of us who rooted against the Broncos," Hoye said. "Then, after the game, they kept talking about all these charitable things the players were doing. It was like John Lynch was at every food kitchen in the city. I couldn't take it anymore! I had to get up and leave the room."

Hoye has been a Broncos hater for almost 40 years. During that time, he has spent Sunday afternoons pulling for two teams: the Kansas City Chiefs, and whatever team is playing the Broncos.

There's just one problem. Hoye, an Iowa native, has lived in Denver since the early '90s. No, make that two problems. There's also the matter of the Chiefs having fallen off the NFL map, with six wins in their past 32 games.

And so it was that Hoye recently sent an e-mail to The Post entitled: "Chiefs fan living in Denver needs an intervention."

Hoye was so desperate, so frustrated, so alienated from his friends and family on Sundays, he asked if the newspaper could arrange for him to be hypnotized so he could accept the dreaded Donkeys into his heart.

"It's like growing up," said Hoye. "A midlife crisis, whatever way you want to say it. I'm going to be out here for the long haul, so I figured I might as well get with the party.

"After 16 years of being on the outside looking in, it's no fun."

Enter Lee Rindner. Talk about a match made in mental-health heaven. Who better for Hoye to turn to than Rindner, the godfather of local hypnotherapists who 23 years earlier had moved to Denver from Milwaukee and converted to Broncos Nation after a lifetime of pulling for the Green Bay Packers?

A Chiefs fan wanting to become a Broncos fan? Yep, that's what the voice on the other end of the line was saying. After the laughter subsided,

Rindner agreed to take the case.

"I know where he's coming from," Rindner said. "It was Packers, Packers, Packers when I was growing up. When I moved out here, people looked at me like I was crazy. I was like, 'What's Elway?' I didn't know any of the history or any of that stuff. But I love people. I want to connect with people, laugh with people, hang out with people. There were no Packers games to go to, so the Broncos grew on me."

Would the Broncos grow on Hoye? The moment of truth came Wednesday when he arrived at Rindner's Littleton office, just as many famous athletes, actors and politicians have during the past two decades. After posing for a "before" picture in Chiefs garb, Hoye began walking toward Rindner's office for a confidential 90-minute session.

"The time has come," he said.

His last words before taking the leap of faith?

"Darn that Stenerud in '72."

Actually, it was Christmas Day 1971 when future Hall of Famer Jan Stenerud missed two potential game-winning field goals, enabling the Miami Dolphins to beat the Chiefs 27-24 in a double-overtime playoff game that still ranks as the longest game in NFL history.

An hour and a half later, the two emerged from Rindner's office. And . . . and . . .

"I hated the Broncos because they always punked the Chiefs," said Hoye. "Now I feel like I have coping mechanisms to get past that part of it. I'm disassociating the bitterness I've had against them all these years and throwing it out the window. I'm starting with a clean slate. Maybe I can grow into the Broncomaniac I should be after being here 16 years."

Maybe?

"That's my goal over time," he said. "You have to remember I came in guns blazing when I moved here. I have friends from Denver who want to take me to Kansas City in the next few years to see the Chiefs play the Broncos. I'm not sure what I'm going to wear. That's the big question. Check my Facebook status in a month."

Rindner is sworn to confidentiality in these matters, so he couldn't talk specifics. But it was readily apparent that Hoye, if not a new man, was a new fan.

"There are two ways to motivate a person: toward pleasure and away from pain," said Rindner. "I do my best to gather both pieces of information. If you motivate away from pain and toward pleasure, you let them know that, hey, you get to enjoy friends and family and go to games and smell the grass and have fun."

Hoye said he's ready to do all of the above. Sure, it's going to take time to lose all his Broncos baggage, but he's ready for the task — witness the John Elway jersey he wore post-session. Having seen the light, even if it was more of a glimmer than a bright flash, he isn't sure how he's going to feel when the Broncos and Chiefs play Sunday at Arrowhead Stadium.

"I'm hoping I don't curse a blue streak if the Broncos win, like I usually do. Now the question is, if the Broncos win, what will my emotion be? Joy? Indifference? I'd say it's probably indifference right now, which would have been sorrow a month ago . . . or a few hours ago."

Jim Armstrong: 303-954-1269 or jmarmstrong@denverpost.com
http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_13931371

Bane
12-05-2009, 08:35 AM
I have a cure for him.:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

CHIEFS58
12-05-2009, 08:36 AM
what a shithead.

Jack
12-05-2009, 08:40 AM
This fella takes the game far too serious. Who's going to jump to when the donks again become the NFL doormat?

Bane
12-05-2009, 08:43 AM
Well he wants to be a donkhole fan so thats all the info I need on this douche bag.

bevischief
12-05-2009, 09:05 AM
I have a cure for him.:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

This.

ncCHIEFfan
12-05-2009, 09:21 AM
No heart Weasle

KCbroncoHATER
12-05-2009, 09:22 AM
Not much of a fan to begin with ... don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

1ChiefsDan
12-05-2009, 09:28 AM
I have a cure for him.:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:This. What a little bitch. I may just have to look him up and burn an arrowhead in his front yard with gas.:evil:

NIUhuskies
12-05-2009, 09:32 AM
He says he has facebook, he may be getting some messages from the chiefs faithful. Whata pussy
Posted via Mobile Device

King_Chief_Fan
12-05-2009, 09:52 AM
sounds like GoChiefs has been found out

CosmicPal
12-05-2009, 09:55 AM
If I was still living in Denver, I'd find him and kick his ass.

I lived in Denver for 14 years as a devoted Chiefs fan- I sat in those bars and took the abuse from those fans and I never, ever, ever wavered my profound love and devotion to the Chiefs.

He's a pussy and I hope he does convert to being a Donkey- they're all a bunch of pussified fans anyway and he'd fit right in with them.

CaliforniaChief
12-05-2009, 10:06 AM
He just fit in a lot better on the Mange than he did here. He probably got taken out by one of Hamas' ROFLcopter's or burned in an LOLcano and couldn't handle it.

Screw him and his new team.

FAX
12-05-2009, 10:06 AM
Sad story. But, this is what happens when you can't win a game. I hope Pioli sees this article.

As far as this guy's concerned, maybe the hypnosis will get screwed up and he'll develop an incurable and insatiable attraction to actual, real, live donkeys. With any luck, he'll be arrested attempting to elope with a burro.

FAX

LaChapelle
12-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Kevin Keitzman write an autobiography?

Mile High Mania
12-05-2009, 10:12 AM
Someones you just get tired of being kicked in the nuts, I guess...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/5dtBUou69SQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/5dtBUou69SQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Donger
12-05-2009, 10:14 AM
I feel his pain.

Dartgod
12-05-2009, 10:31 AM
Someone needs to kick this guy in the nuts......if he even has any. :shake:

Red Beans
12-05-2009, 10:34 AM
Pour him a glass of antifreeze.

vailpass
12-05-2009, 10:35 AM
I feel his pain.

Heh. Maybe you could invite him over to sit in your garage and have a few drinks?:)

Quesadilla Joe
12-05-2009, 10:37 AM
Daface and Rainman are next:evil:

milkman
12-05-2009, 10:39 AM
I can only hope that KCbroncoDumbass follows this guy's lead.

Bane
12-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Someone needs to kick this guy in the nuts......if he even has any. :shake:

Well the lone fact that he wants to worship the donkholes proves to me that he has a vagina.:cuss:

vailpass
12-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Well the lone fact that he wants to worship the donkholes proves to me that he has a vagina.:cuss:

40 years of rooting for KC will do that to ya'.

milkman
12-05-2009, 10:50 AM

No, actually it won't.

CaliforniaChief
12-05-2009, 10:50 AM

Come to think of it, you're right.

My take on this story has changed. It really is a celebration of the advances of hypnosis.

It used to take months of electrolysis and estrogen therapy to accomplish what now only takes closing one's eyes and having someone count backwards from 10 to do.

I hope he enjoys his new life as a woman.

Bane
12-05-2009, 10:52 AM

Thats funny you say that.No one knew or even cared that denver had an NFL team till they won the SB.Eat shit and fukkn die Mc Dickhole jr!!!:bang::bang::bang::bang:

DaFace
12-05-2009, 10:55 AM

I've never seen Rain Man resort to physical violence, but I'm afraid this statement might just be the trigger.

Reaper16
12-05-2009, 10:56 AM
He needs to be murdered. This is not a laughing matter. I know some guys; this traitor had better not show his face in KC ever again.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-05-2009, 11:03 AM
what a bag of dicks.

Bane
12-05-2009, 11:10 AM
what a bag of dicks.

More like a bag of vaginas.If he switches from KC to denver he clearly has no dick.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-05-2009, 11:13 AM
More like a bag of vaginas.If he switches from KC to denver he clearly has no dick.

good point.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-05-2009, 11:22 AM
here he is:

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=dave+hoye&init=quick#/hoyedave?ref=search&sid=58702043.2478519366..1

Jack
12-05-2009, 11:27 AM
This article reminds me of one written by an English fella extolling the medical benefits of having soft stools.

manchambo
12-05-2009, 11:29 AM
This is like reading a thread where a bunch of heroin addicts are making fun of another addict for getting hypnosis to cure his addiction.

Actually it's worse than that. It would only really be like that if heroin almost never got you high, and every few years pretended like it might start getting you high, or before you took it a bunch of pre-season prognosticators predicted that it would get you high that year, but then, in the end, it didn't get you high and just kept sucking is much as it had for the past 30-odd years.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-05-2009, 11:30 AM
This is like reading a thread where a bunch of heroin addicts are making fun of another addict for getting hypnosis to cure his addiction.

Actually it's worse than that. It would only really be like that if heroin almost never got you high, and every few years pretended like it might start getting you high, or before you took it a bunch of pre-season prognosticators predicted that it would get you high that year, but then, in the end, it didn't get you high and just kept sucking is much as it had for the past 30-odd years.

no, it is not. it is like reading a bunch of sensible people making fun of an asshole.

Jack
12-05-2009, 11:32 AM

This post reminds me of my last post.

SDChiefs
12-05-2009, 11:35 AM
There is a special place in hell for this guy.

Jack
12-05-2009, 11:38 AM

So, what you are saying is that is takes hypnosis to be a donky fan. Well that does make sense.

SDChiefs
12-05-2009, 11:39 AM
I've never seen Rain Man resort to physical violence, but I'm afraid this statement might just be the trigger.

I think it would trigger it in anyone.

Jack
12-05-2009, 11:50 AM

I reckon it dose make sense to have hypnosis to be a donky fan. Chief fans are natural kinda like a natural birth. Donky fans, well it's like some fecal matter a bird left on a fence but hypnosis makes it all better.

But for some unfathomable reason, there are reasonable donky fans. Carrying substantial hidden guilt no doubt, but alsmost normal people.

You are not one, sorry to say.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-05-2009, 11:58 AM
LMAO This guy is going to commit suicide when the Broncos fall in the shitter and the Chiefs climb out of the basement. This guy is doomed.

CaliforniaChief
12-05-2009, 12:11 PM
LMAO This guy is going to commit suicide when the Broncos fall in the shitter and the Chiefs climb out of the basement. This guy is doomed.

If the Chiefs win tomorrow, I might just have to drop him a Facebook note. He could become some sort of Jonah who had to jump ship for the ship to survive.

Earthling
12-05-2009, 12:18 PM
Hell I've lived here in CO for the last 30 years and I'm still a die-hard Chiefs fan....damnit :D

Bane
12-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Hell I've lived here in CO for the last 30 years and I'm still a die-hard Chiefs fan....damnit :D

I live right by St Louis and catch all kinds of shit cause you know the Scrams won a SB,but fukk it Im down for the red and gold till I die!!!

manchambo
12-05-2009, 12:34 PM
I reckon it dose make sense to have hypnosis to be a donky fan. Chief fans are natural kinda like a natural birth. Donky fans, well it's like some fecal matter a bird left on a fence but hypnosis makes it all better.

But for some unfathomable reason, there are reasonable donky fans. Carrying substantial hidden guilt no doubt, but alsmost normal people.

You are not one, sorry to say.

3 tries at responding to my post and still not much there.

But you're missing the point. It doesn't take hypnosis to start being a Broncos fan. It takes hypnosis to stop being a Chiefs fan. That is similar to many other senseless, uncontrollable and destructive addictions.

Al Bundy
12-05-2009, 12:36 PM
I say gas him.. that would be like me becoming a Panther fan.

Donger
12-05-2009, 12:44 PM
I remember a couple of years ago, after teh Chiefs played here and lost. I was at the airport the following Monday going to KC and there were a bunch of Chiefs' fans waiting around the gate to get on board. The gate attendant got on the PA and said, "I see that we have some Chiefs' fans flying with us today. Just so you know, if we let them on the plane at all, we'll only give them middle seats and we won't serve them drinks. Thank you!"

Pretty funny.

Rain Man
12-05-2009, 12:45 PM

I shall never kneel to tyranny. NEVER!

My guess is that this guy has embraced bad fads through hypnosis before. He's probably got a house full of pet rocks, trapper keepers, Miami Vice clothing, beanie babies, tickle me elmo dolls, and Uggs.

big nasty kcnut
12-05-2009, 12:45 PM
I'm a chiefs fan till i die. I hope this guy drink antifreeze while walking into a aids tree then die in a fire.
Posted via Mobile Device

LTL
12-05-2009, 01:16 PM
It would be funnier than shit if Succop nails a game winner as time expires to give KC the win over his new team...that happens Bronco nation might look at him as a curse, which would be even better.

stevieray
12-05-2009, 01:36 PM
...after he gets done with hypnosis, he can go get a spine.

Bowser
12-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Let the Donks have him. Hell, he may be the reason our team is stuck in neutral, with the negative karma and energy he brings to the Chiefs. Begone with this clam!

Jack
12-05-2009, 01:53 PM
3 tries at responding to my post and still not much there.

But you're missing the point. It doesn't take hypnosis to start being a Broncos fan. It takes hypnosis to stop being a Chiefs fan. That is similar to many other senseless, uncontrollable and destructive addictions.

You do not give much to work with. Try a little harder.

Bane
12-05-2009, 01:54 PM
...after he gets done with hypnosis, he can go get a spine.

If he goes to the donk side his spine is useless anyway.:clap:

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2009, 01:58 PM
So that's what ROR looks like/Buster Hyman

Nope, I live in Phoenix. Tool.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-05-2009, 01:59 PM
Sad story. But, this is what happens when you can't win a game. I hope Pioli sees this article.

FAX

These.

-King-
12-05-2009, 02:20 PM
Meh, a pussy going to the land of the pussies.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Bane
12-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Meh, a pussy going to the land of the pussies.

I don't see anything wrong with that.

Maybe thats why they all cream their skinny jeans over Josh Mcdickhole......ROFL

RippedmyFlesh
12-05-2009, 04:07 PM
http://cbullitt.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/crying-baby_medium.jpg

BigMeatballDave
12-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Castrate that bastard! Wait, if he actually WANTS to be a donkey fan, he has no balls anyway...

Bane
12-05-2009, 04:14 PM
Castrate that bastard! Wait, if he actually WANTS to be a donkey fan, he has no balls anyway...

And if he does,he wont ever use them again after switching to the donkholes.

KCrockaholic
12-05-2009, 04:18 PM
What a little bitch! I live close enough to him...I shall do the task...:evil: ...:$2500::$2500: :bang::bang: :spank: :evil:

AustinChief
12-05-2009, 04:21 PM
I shall never kneel to tyranny. NEVER!

My guess is that this guy has embraced bad fads through hypnosis before. He's probably got a house full of pet rocks, trapper keepers, Miami Vice clothing, beanie babies, tickle me elmo dolls, and Uggs.
dude, why you have to dog on TrapperKeepers??? not cool.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/kb2o/f755_3_5458_JPG.jpg

chefsos
12-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Dave says he's leaving now.

Whattya say, Curly Bill?

Rain Man
12-05-2009, 04:48 PM
dude, why you have to dog on TrapperKeepers??? not cool.

Sorry about that. I didn't know you still used them.

Pablo
12-05-2009, 04:54 PM
He needs to be brought back to KC for "a game".

And murdered in cold blood. Nobody saw nothing officer, we's just simple folks...we ain't want noooo trouble, sir.

Bane
12-05-2009, 04:55 PM
He needs to be brought back to KC for "a game".

And murdered in cold blood. Nobody saw nothing officer, we's just simple folks...we ain't want noooo trouble, sir.

Unsolved mystery.:D

chasedude
12-05-2009, 04:56 PM
This has got to be the CRAZIEST story I've ever heard. I didn't think anyone can be anymore of a douche than doing something like this.

Bane
12-05-2009, 04:58 PM
This has got to be the CRAZIEST story I've ever heard. I didn't think anyone can be anymore of a douche than doing something like this.

Maybe a coach doing a homo fist pump after a game to show his ass?Oh wait...............:cuss:

Pablo
12-05-2009, 05:02 PM
Unsolved mystery.:DWe'll just take him up to Skidmore, MO.

They know how to keep quiet up there.

Bane
12-05-2009, 05:03 PM
We'll just take him up to Skidmore, MO.

They know how to keep quiet up there.

Sounds like a good place to dig a hole.:#
That will have to be a deep hole to cover the stench of a dead donkhole retard.

Dark Horse
12-05-2009, 05:28 PM
What if this guy has fallen victim to some evil mastermind intent on taking over the world, and turning all good creatures into donko robots.

Bane
12-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I have another present for him.

<object style="height: 344px; width: 425px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W4M3sOth4Xs"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W4M3sOth4Xs" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></object>

Mr. Flopnuts
12-05-2009, 05:48 PM
Drip, drip, drip.

Bane
12-05-2009, 05:56 PM
Drip, drip, drip.

Hell yeah!!!!ROFL

Fairplay
12-05-2009, 06:03 PM
If anyone knows this man personally please beat the crap out of him. thx

Donger
12-05-2009, 06:19 PM
This thread has resulted in my going out and purchasing a "Broncos' Country!" bumpersticker.

Please note, however, that I had to add the apostrophe and I have no intention of putting it on my vehicle.

Param
12-05-2009, 06:22 PM
I give this guy credit if this is all BS because he got an article written about him.

RNR
12-05-2009, 06:28 PM
I give this guy credit if this is all BS because he got an article written about him.

Why would anyone want an article written about them having a desire to become a fan of a rival team? When Gannon was playing for the Raiders I had several so called Chief fans tell me they kind of liked the Raiders because of him. I would just shake my head and tell them they were full of shit that no true Chiefs fan would root for Oakland~

Param
12-05-2009, 06:32 PM
Why would anyone want an article written about them having a desire to become a fan of a rival team? When Gannon was playing for the Raiders I had several so called Chief fans tell me they kind of liked the Raiders because of him. I would just shake my head and tell them they were full of shit that no true Chiefs fan would root for Oakland~

People do weird sh1t to get recognize.

Dottefan
12-05-2009, 07:10 PM
I HATE DENVER..... THIS GUY MAKES ME PUKE. GUTLESS PIG. EVEN IF THE CHIEFS WERE TO GO 0-64 OVER THE NEXT 4 YEARS..I WILL STILL BE A DIE HARD CHIEFS FAN AND MY BLOOD WILL ALWAYS RUN RED AND YELLOW..THIS MAN NEEDS TO BE TAKEN OUT BACK AND HANDLED LIKE AN OLD DOG THATS BLIND AND DEAF...PUT HIM DOWN....THIS SHIT BAG CAN HAVE THE DONKEYS...GOD FORGIVES, CHIEFS FANS DONT, THIS **** BAG SHOULD REMEMBER THAT IF HE EVER THINKS OF SETTING FOOT IN ARROWHEAD AGAIN.

Dark Horse
12-05-2009, 07:16 PM
Honestly I think this is the kind of guy who picks up a prostitute only to find out after he's paid her that she's a guy.

mlyonsd
12-05-2009, 08:54 PM
If I were the hypnotist I'd tell him to pull down his pants and take a dump every time he hears InnnnCommPleeeeete.

Frankie
12-05-2009, 10:55 PM
I don't know if somebody has mentioned this, but is he per chance a CPer? and if so, which CPer do you think he is? :hmmm:

JohninGpt
12-05-2009, 11:09 PM
I don't know if somebody has mentioned this, but is he per chance a CPer? and if so, which CPer do you think he is? :hmmm:

Maybe knowmo helping out the local propaganda machine.

Fairplay
12-05-2009, 11:12 PM
I dislike denver so bad i could never get that reprogrammed out of me.

It would be like saying i have no desire to eat food anymore.

I don't think so.

Willie Lanier
12-05-2009, 11:16 PM
classic case of a whiny defacto fairweather fan looking for his 15 seconds of fame.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-06-2009, 12:22 AM
he already looks like a bronco fan in the face. look at that stupid face.

Sure-Oz
12-06-2009, 12:24 AM
wtf, really....get direct tv you pussy

you can have that pos

T-post Tom
12-06-2009, 02:57 AM
I got a nice left hook to hypnotize that mfer. Quicker & cheaper than a hypnotherapist.