PDA

View Full Version : Football Tim Tebow: Class Act

Mr. Flopnuts
12-05-2009, 06:45 PM
I've bagged on this guy for years. I'm not sure I've ever seen him in this situation. He just handled the whole thing with class, and dignity. I don't know what his future in the NFL is, but provided he doesn't play for a rival, I'll be rooting for him.

Anyone see him after the SEC Championship? It was impressive. It's hard to be impressive in football with tears streaming out of your eyes, but Tim found a way to do it.

Reerun_KC
12-05-2009, 06:45 PM
Over hyped media idol....

He wont amount to jack in the NFL... Not a chance in hell...

TrebMaxx
12-05-2009, 06:48 PM

I agree.

Bane
12-05-2009, 06:49 PM

Danny Wuerffel part 2?

chiefs1111
12-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Danny Wuerffel part 2?

Pretty much. Just one of those players who is great for college not so good for the NFL.

Basileus777
12-05-2009, 06:51 PM
THis is fucking retarded bullshit. Almost everyone would have done no differently. He doesn't deserve praise for doing what is expected in that situation.

His over-the-top crying after his terrible performance is just embarrassing.

RealSNR
12-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Forgive me, but he didn't do anything special. When you've had your ass handed to you in a game, giving the credit to the winning team is the ONLY thing to do. It's called good sportsmanship.

It's a shame this isn't 5th grade flag football. I would have given him the sportsmanship award. Unfortunately, he shit his pants.

RNR

I agree with the OP about him showing class. And if he is willing to switch positions he could play in the NFL. He reminds me of Nolan Cromwell~

RealSNR
THis is ****ing retarded bullshit. Almost everyone would have done no differently. He doesn't deserve praise for doing what is expected in that situation.

His over-the-top crying after his terrible performance is just embarrassing.THIS. Said it better than I did.

LaChapelle
12-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Can Al Davis make his move now

Thig Lyfe
12-05-2009, 06:53 PM
He has a tiny peepee! lolz

12-05-2009, 06:54 PM
uhhhhh whaaat?

He's just a man. He's nothing special.

Bane
12-05-2009, 06:55 PM
uhhhhh whaaat?

He's just a man. He's nothing special.

He's no Matt Cassel thats for sure.:thumb:

BigRedChief
12-05-2009, 07:03 PM

He wont amount to jack in the NFL... Not a chance in hell...Better watch out, they said the same thing about Brady and Montana.

The guy is a winner. He might not have the best athletic tools, but he has the "it" that you want in a QB. I don't expect him to be a starting QB in the NFL but it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in Miami running a wildcat type offense.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-05-2009, 07:06 PM
Haters wanna hate, lovers wanna love, I don't even want, none of the above.....................

KcMizzou
12-05-2009, 07:06 PM

Kyle DeLexus
12-05-2009, 07:07 PM
We all chuckled a little when he called Bama a classy team when not 3 minutes earlier they were Gator choming away on the sideline as the clock went to 0.

I think he did what anyone would have done, but he is a classy person. I've just had enough with Tim Tebow. How many times during the National Championship, that he's not even playing in, do you think they'll mention him?

beer bacon
12-05-2009, 07:08 PM
:deevee:

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-05-2009, 07:10 PM
Who !

RealSNR
12-05-2009, 07:12 PM
He might not have the best athletic tools
Let's just stop right there.

He has "it" in college. That doesn't fucking count.

Also, nobody said shit about Brady. Nobody knew who the hell he was when Bledsoe went down and Brady stepped in.

Dottefan
12-05-2009, 07:13 PM

X2...But the guy did show allot of class in the interview.

Bane
12-05-2009, 07:13 PM

He has "it" in college. That doesn't ****ing count.

Also, nobody said shit about Brady. Nobody knew who the hell he was when Bledsoe went down and Brady stepped in.

Thats like the year San Diego went 4-0 in pre season,and 1-15 in the real season...ROFL
"It" don't mean shit when its just practice.

Basileus777
12-05-2009, 07:14 PM

He has "it" in college. That doesn't fucking count.

Intangibles only matter if you can play the position, which Tebow can't at the NFL level.

Anyone who saw Tebow play against Alabama and thinks he has any of the tools of a successful NFL quarterback is blind. We're talking about a quarterback who has terrible mechanics and delivery, doesn't get a good zip on his throws, has never been asked to or shown any ability to read defenses, anticipate throws, stand behind center, or make NFL quality throws.

He plays in a gimmick offense where he has incredibly easy throws and reads, and never has to throw a pass before the receiver is already wide open. And even then, he is not a good passer at the college level.

Other than some nonsense about intangibles, Tebow has none of the tools or skills of a NFL quarterback.

HotRoute
12-05-2009, 07:15 PM
if the jaguars draft him that might be something.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-05-2009, 07:15 PM
X2...But the guy did show allot of class in the interview.

Seriously. It wasn't just a "Hey those guys played great." He went out of his way to praise their play, say he was proud of them for the win, and go on to wish them luck in the title game. None of it was the typical, canned responses you get from losers. It was all class.

Brock
12-05-2009, 07:16 PM
He should be named to the all-estrogen team.

Param
12-05-2009, 07:17 PM
We all chuckled a little when he called Bama a classy team when not 3 minutes earlier they were Gator choming away on the sideline as the clock went to 0.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2q0mzcg.gif

Param
12-05-2009, 07:19 PM
He should be named to the all-estrogen team.

Ya think?

http://i49.tinypic.com/bfrytj.gif

Bane
12-05-2009, 07:19 PM

That was awesome!!!ROFL

HotRoute
12-05-2009, 07:20 PM

they were just gator wrangling

RJ
12-05-2009, 07:20 PM
If the Brendan Fraser character in Blast From the Past had been a football player, he would have been Tim Tebow.

I wish the young man luck in the future, he's probably a nice kid.

BigRedChief
12-05-2009, 07:23 PM

He has "it" in college. That doesn't ****ing count.

Also, nobody said shit about Brady. Nobody knew who the hell he was when Bledsoe went down and Brady stepped in.I'm not saying he will succeed. Just saying intangibles matter.

BigMeatballDave
12-05-2009, 07:24 PM
Better watch out, they said the same thing about Brady and Montana.

The guy is a winner. He might not have the best athletic tools, but he has the "it" that you want in a QB. I don't expect him to be a starting QB in the NFL but it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in Miami running a wildcat type offense.He could be a good H-back/Full back

Brock
12-05-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm not saying he will succeed. Just saying intangibles matter.

Only if you have tangibles too.

HotRoute
12-05-2009, 07:27 PM
he will either be a QB or a coach, he wont play any other position. no doubt

Basileus777
12-05-2009, 07:27 PM
He could be a good H-back/Full back

Based on what? He's never demonstrated any ability to block, run routes, or catch the ball. He's not a great athlete either, so I don't really understand why people think he can play other positions. He's going to be a quarterback or (most likely) nothing.

Bane
12-05-2009, 07:33 PM
Based on what? He's never demonstrated any ability to block, run routes, or catch the ball. He's not a great athlete either, so I don't really understand why people think he can play other positions. He's going to be a quarterback or (most likely) nothing.

Whats sad about it is so many teams are looking to get that franchise QB(buffalo,Jacksonville),you know someone will take a shot on him.He'll be crowned their savior,and prob get thrown under the bus way too early.At least he'll have 30-40 million dollars to build a house by Urban Meyer.

HotRoute
12-05-2009, 07:34 PM

since his sophomore season he does seem to have gotten progresivly slower, so for him to be able to outrun corners and olb's is funny. his forty time at the combine might stun some people. i'm betting he runs in the 4.8 sec range

Mecca
12-05-2009, 07:45 PM
People think he can play another position because of how big he is.

Hoover
12-05-2009, 07:47 PM
Intangibles only matter if you can play the position, which Tebow can't at the NFL level.

Anyone who saw Tebow play against Alabama and thinks he has any of the tools of a successful NFL quarterback is blind. We're talking about a quarterback who has terrible mechanics and delivery, doesn't get a good zip on his throws, has never been asked to or shown any ability to read defenses, anticipate throws, stand behind center, or make NFL quality throws.

He plays in a gimmick offense where he has incredibly easy throws and reads, and never has to throw a pass before the receiver is already wide open. And even then, he is not a good passer at the college level.

Other than some nonsense about intangibles, Tebow has none of the tools or skills of a NFL quarterback.

THIS

Watching him throw makes my arm hurt. Maybe he can replace Jessie Palmer on ABC or start a church.

Gary
12-05-2009, 07:49 PM
I just wish this guy would have done the post game interview with Tebow
http://16.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ksi0szfsCu1qze42no1_400.jpg

BWillie
12-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Yep. Everybody hates Tim Tebow, but all he does is give everybody the credit in the world, is true to his beliefs, is extremely positive, and does everything a gentleman should. Yet people hate him. Makes no sense. Blame ESPN, blame the media, but don't blame Tim Tebow.

Mecca
12-05-2009, 07:51 PM
Anyone who gets a ton of coverage draws hate. People hate Favre for the same reason.

BWillie
12-05-2009, 07:58 PM
Anyone who gets a ton of coverage draws hate. People hate Favre for the same reason.

Nobody hated Tiger Woods until about four days ago...

HotRoute
12-05-2009, 07:59 PM
nothing wrong with his personality, just doesnt seem like he will last long in the NFL imo

Mecca
12-05-2009, 08:00 PM
Nobody hated Tiger Woods until about four days ago...

No one really gives a shit about golf.

RealSNR
12-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Yep. Everybody hates Tim Tebow, but all he does is give everybody the credit in the world, is true to his beliefs, is extremely positive, and does everything a gentleman should. Yet people hate him. Makes no sense. Blame ESPN, blame the media, but don't blame Tim Tebow.There are numerous accounts of him acting like a giant tool.

That being said, I don't hate him, but I hate people who think he's an NFL QB. I wanted to see a loss like this just so people have to confront that he's capable of shitting the bed against good defenses, which he most certainly did.

If he does go to the NFL, he'll replace Tyler Thigpen/Michael Vick on some teams as the backup wildcat QB option on certain gimmick plays. GREAT ****ING CAREER.

I just hope he forgets about a professional football career. The guy is charismatic enough that he can make a career out of just about anything he sets his mind to. Unfortunately, he's going to be expected by the media to go to the NFL, and so he'll follow the $$$.

Sully
12-05-2009, 08:28 PM
Why do people dislike him just because he won't be an NFL QB? Can't we just appreciate that he was amazing college QB?

Sure-Oz
12-05-2009, 08:31 PM
Solid winner in college and seems like a good guy, i dont hate on the dude

but they got their ass kicked

CaliforniaChief
12-05-2009, 08:32 PM
Clearly he's overhyped. There's probably not a college player in American history who has had a legend or mystique built around him like Tebow has. Florida, the SEC, and CBS have built their brand around the guy.

I'm glad Florida lost today. I don't feel bad for Tebow, either. But I do sorta resent the hatred of him that tends to flow from the kid's Christian beliefs.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2009, 08:34 PM
I dont think he'll amount to shit in the pros either, hopefully the raiders draft him in the 1st

Mr. Laz
12-05-2009, 08:38 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_QbrZupV_Q-k/SbXGVlxvWCI/AAAAAAAACgU/_fo2oBcVnt4/s400/wept.jpg

Buehler445
12-05-2009, 08:38 PM
Eh. Tebow seems like a decent kid, but I freaking hate all the attention he gets.

If he played for Arizona State or some shit, everyone (that heard of him) would probably think he was great.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
12-05-2009, 08:40 PM
Why do people dislike him just because he won't be an NFL QB? Can't we just appreciate that he was amazing college QB?

I think most just hate the hype that he gets.

The offense was far less impressive this year than last year with Percy Harvin.

The whole "TeBow wills them to wins" is just so much bullshit.

CHENZ A!
12-05-2009, 08:41 PM
I don't hate Tebow one bit. He talks, and walks it.

RealSNR
12-05-2009, 08:41 PM

The whole "TeBow wills them to wins" is just so much bullshit.This

Buehler445
12-05-2009, 08:42 PM

The whole "TeBow wills them to wins" is just so much bullshit.

Spot on as always.
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
12-05-2009, 08:43 PM
Clearly he's overhyped. There's probably not a college player in American history who has had a legend or mystique built around him like Tebow has. Florida, the SEC, and CBS have built their brand around the guy.

I'm glad Florida lost today. I don't feel bad for Tebow, either. But I do sorta resent the hatred of him that tends to flow from the kid's Christian beliefs.

The only thing I hate about the beliefs is the whole giving credit to God for wins.

But that is true for any athlete.

What, God loves you more than the other guys?

RealSNR
12-05-2009, 08:51 PM
The only thing I hate about the beliefs is the whole giving credit to God for wins.

What, God loves you more than the other guys?The funny part is isn't this guy a religion/theology major or something?

Sheesh. Martin Luther probably facepalms every time Tebow steps into a post-game conference.

KCrockaholic
12-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Your title statement is very true. Tebow is a classy guy. One of the better people in college football IMO. I wish him well in the NFL and I hope he doesn't completely fold and suck. I will laugh my ass off at all of you though if he ends up being a decent NFL player.

Brock
12-05-2009, 08:58 PM

I guess that explains why Tiger Woods is worth about a billion dollars.

CHENZ A!
12-05-2009, 08:59 PM

What, God loves you more than the other guys?

Without God there would be no game to win. Without God they would not be in the position they are. I seriously doubt that these guys think God helps them score touchdowns, and prevents the other team from doing the same. These guys are just thankful for what they have, and what they are able to do.

Buehler445
12-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Without God there would be no game to win. Without God they would not be in the position they are. I seriously doubt that these guys think God helps them score touchdowns, and prevents the other team from doing the same. These guys are just thankful for what they have, and what they are able to do.

I agree and have no problems there. Like was said before, it's ESPN...
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
12-05-2009, 09:05 PM

Don't go preaching to me.

Take that useless babble somewhere else.

Bane
12-05-2009, 09:06 PM

Im out of rep.....:thumb:

RealSNR
12-05-2009, 09:08 PM
Your title statement is very true. Tebow is a classy guy. One of the better people in college football IMO. I wish him well in the NFL and I hope he doesn't completely fold and suck. I will laugh my ass off at all of you though if he ends up being a decent NFL player.Yeah, and I'll laugh my ass off if the Kansas City Chiefs win the Super Bowl this year

Simply Red
12-05-2009, 09:21 PM
I've bagged on this guy for years. I'm not sure I've ever seen him in this situation. He just handled the whole thing with class, and dignity. I don't know what his future in the NFL is, but provided he doesn't play for a rival, I'll be rooting for him.

Anyone see him after the SEC Championship? It was impressive. It's hard to be impressive in football with tears streaming out of your eyes, but Tim found a way to do it.

he said that he was proud of Alabama, that's sportsmanship.

Simply Red
12-05-2009, 09:24 PM

I don't. Choices by the players won't always go 'your' way, i hold nothing against them for it.

CHENZ A!
12-05-2009, 09:27 PM

You took that as me "preaching" to you? hahaha You really are a moron.

I don't give a shit one way or another whether or not you believe in God, Jehova, Buddha, fucking Zeus or some other shit. You are the one who said you didn't understand someone thanking god after a win, and I was trying to explain it from a believer's perspective.

Sure-Oz
12-05-2009, 09:29 PM
What about Kratos?

Molitoth
12-05-2009, 09:44 PM
I, for one... hope Tebow succeeds... just to piss off all of the naysayers.

RealSNR
12-05-2009, 11:18 PM
I, for one... hope Tebow succeeds... just to piss off all of the naysayers.Tell you what... put him on a team like the Chiefs of last year under a coach like Herm Edwards with a TE like Tony Gonzalez, and then switch the offensive playbook to the gimmick pistol spread, and he'll look like a good NFL QB.

He'll look like a good QB, but much like Tyler Thigpen, the only thing that will warrant him is a demotion to 3rd string on a team like fucking Miami.

Also, he'll need to buy a whoooole lot of tissues. Because he'll win about 2 games per year on a team like that.

Galileo Humpkins
12-05-2009, 11:28 PM
Tebow wept.

Good post.

Tiger's Fan
12-05-2009, 11:30 PM

Well, it sure as hell aint wrasslin, you goober.

He's only the most popular athlete on planet earth.

Chieftain58
12-06-2009, 12:00 AM

I Agree--amazing talent

Dante84
12-06-2009, 01:23 AM
He was a way better sport about losing than Matt Leinart was after they lost to UT in the championship. What a douche.

I dislike the hype, but Tebow seems like a genuine guy. Everyone would love to have them on their favorite college team, and you know it. A couple rings and a stiff arm trophy; not a bad haul in four year's time.

Thig Lyfe
12-06-2009, 01:32 AM
I Agree--amazing talent

lol

Pablo
12-06-2009, 03:08 AM
No one really gives a shit about golf.You're just saying that because nobody will let you on a golf course without a haircut.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 03:15 AM
Ya think?

http://i49.tinypic.com/bfrytj.gif

FATHER! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!?!?

Mr. Flopnuts
12-06-2009, 03:40 AM
FATHER! WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME?!?!?

Are you trying to say Alabama hung Tebow up on the cross. Someone with some skill should photoshop him hanging from the A.

big nasty kcnut
12-06-2009, 04:06 AM
I think tebow suck only cause he not tapping booty safely.
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2009, 07:30 AM
Haters wanna hate, lovers wanna love, I don't even want, none of the above.....................

I WANT TO PISS ON YOU YES I DO, I'LL PISS ON YOU, I'LL PEE ON YOU.

YOUR BODY........YOUR BODY, IS A PORTAPOTTY!!

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2009, 07:32 AM

Almost as awesome as the Texas Tech bell ringer.

Red Dawg
12-06-2009, 08:33 AM
Forgive me, but he didn't do anything special. When you've had your ass handed to you in a game, giving the credit to the winning team is the ONLY thing to do. It's called good sportsmanship.

It's a shame this isn't 5th grade flag football. I would have given him the sportsmanship award. Unfortunately, he shit his pants.

The kid is all class. All of us should dream that all players had the heart and attitude of Tebow. If you read some articles on him then you would see that slamming him is just plain pitiful. I don't thuink he'll make a great pro QB but maybe his good deeds will rub off on some of the scum in the league.

Can't help but like this kid. Brilliant college player and better person.

Red Dawg
12-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Seriously. It wasn't just a "Hey those guys played great." He went out of his way to praise their play, say he was proud of them for the win, and go on to wish them luck in the title game. None of it was the typical, canned responses you get from losers. It was all class.

I agree 100%. Tebow is a real sportman with nothing but real admiration and genuine great attitude.

Good person.

PunkinDrublic
12-06-2009, 08:56 AM
Well, it sure as hell aint wrasslin, you goober.

He's only the most popular athlete on planet earth.

Golfers aren't athletes.
Posted via Mobile Device

Baby Lee
12-06-2009, 08:58 AM
I'm going to hell.
http://www.accesshollywood.com/content/images/24/230x306/24281_american-idol-crying-girl-ashley-ferl-fox.jpg

irishjayhawk
12-06-2009, 09:07 AM
Yep. Everybody hates Tim Tebow, but all he does is give everybody the credit in the world, is true to his beliefs, is extremely positive, and does everything a gentleman should. Yet people hate him. Makes no sense. Blame ESPN, blame the media, but don't blame Tim Tebow.

It's true, people hate the hype. But it's also true that he feeds it constantly.

Ingram played the role of Ponticus Pilate. Also, it seems god screwed his son over again.

irishjayhawk
12-06-2009, 09:10 AM
Tebow's Next Bible Verse:
http://i.imgur.com/AfLZ5.jpg

wild1
12-06-2009, 09:10 AM
I guess the haters have been waiting a long time to celebrate.

Saul Good
12-06-2009, 09:19 AM
I guess the haters have been waiting a long time to celebrate.

No kidding. I want to know what any of these haters' greatest accomplishments in life are. I'm guessing that the most impressive accomplishment between them wouldn't be impressive enough to make Tebow's resume. (And I root against Florida every game.)

Mosbonian
12-06-2009, 09:21 AM
Wow...sad....really sad.

The fact that most of you are deriving joy from his pain speaks volumes.

mmaddog

milkman
12-06-2009, 09:21 AM
It's true, people hate the hype. But it's also true that he feeds it constantly.

Does he really?

I obviously don't know him personally, but what I can see is a good guy who honestly lives by the code he says that he believes in.

He's one of a small, small group, that I believe that of.

I hate the hype, but I don't blame him for it.

FloridaMan88
12-06-2009, 09:29 AM
Jesus isn't supposed to cry.

Tebow has run with the "Jesus-image" that the media has bestowed upon him.

Guys like Warrick Dunn did their good works without spending every 5 seconds looking for a camera or microphone to promote it.

In 2 years Tebow is going to be another Eric Crouch... a great college player whose game doesn't translate to the NFL.

milkman
12-06-2009, 09:31 AM
Jesus isn't supposed to cry.

Tebow has run with the "Jesus-image" that the media has bestowed upon him.

Guys like Warrick Dunn did their good works without spending every 5 seconds looking for a camera or microphone to promote it.

In 2 years Tebow is going to be another Eric Crouch... a great college player whose game doesn't translate to the NFL.

Once again proving your dumbassery.

Norman Einstein
12-06-2009, 09:31 AM

You better hope you are wrong, he's the Chiefs 1st round pick after this season.:)

Galileo Humpkins
12-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Every time Tebow weeps, panties collectively commence a flood of lustful desire.

It's understandable how one could be green with jealous rage.

FloridaMan88
12-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Once again proving your dumbassery.

Once again your inability to think past media propaganda is not surprising.

FloridaMan88
12-06-2009, 09:36 AM
Every time Tebow weeps, panties collectively commence a flood of lustful desire.

It's understandable how one could be green with jealous rage.

No one is jealous of Tebow or his Florida Gators after being humiliated by Alabama.

milkman
12-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Once again your inability to think past media propaganda is not surprising.

No dumbass.

Tim TeBow is the QB and the star of the team.

The media is going to seek him out.
That's the way it works

Dunn was a hell of a RB, but he wasn't the QB, and neither was he even the star RB.

The media didn't seek him out, so he didn't get the exposure that TeBow has gotten.

irishjayhawk
12-06-2009, 09:45 AM
Does he really?

I obviously don't know him personally, but what I can see is a good guy who honestly lives by the code he says that he believes in.

He's one of a small, small group, that I believe that of.

I hate the hype, but I don't blame him for it.

I think he does, thought it might just be the way he wears everything about himself on his sleeve.

Modesty and humility are not his greatest attributes.

milkman
12-06-2009, 09:48 AM
I think he does, thought it might just be the way he wears everything about himself on his sleeve.

Modesty and humility are not his greatest attributes.

He's a great college player, but I'm not sure that modesty and humility are the attributes he doesn't display.

He never really pimps himself, he pimps his beliefs, and he appears to live those beliefs.

I can respect that.

FloridaMan88
12-06-2009, 09:49 AM
No dumbass.

Tim TeBow is the QB and the star of the team.

The media is going to seek him out.
That's the way it works

That's the way it works.

Dunn was a hell of a RB, but he wasn't the QB, and neither was he even the star RB.

The media didn't seek him out, so he didn't get the exposure that TeBow has gotten.

You really don't get it do you? The media gushing over Tebow has gone beyond the usual hype for a great QB. Do you recall anyone in the media proclaiming that spending 5 minutes with the likes of Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Ken Dorsey, etc. will change your life forever as many in the media have proclaimed about Tebow?

That goes back to the whole Jesus-figure image that the media has created and Tebow has run with.

Let's see if Tebow is still putting the bible scriptures on his eye black and ending every phrase with "God Bless" when he's an NFL nobody next season and the likes of Verne Lundquist/Gary Danielson and weak minded idiots such as yourself aren't there to kiss his holier than thou ass after 3 seconds.

Saul Good
12-06-2009, 10:03 AM
You really don't get it do you? The media gushing over Tebow has gone beyond the usual hype for a great QB. Do you recall anyone in the media proclaiming that spending 5 minutes with the likes of Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, Vince Young, Matt Leinart, Ken Dorsey, etc. will change your life forever as many in the media have proclaimed about Tebow?

That goes back to the whole Jesus-figure image that the media has created and Tebow has run with.

Let's see if Tebow is still putting the bible scriptures on his eye black and ending every phrase with "God Bless" when he's an NFL nobody next season and the likes of Verne Lundquist/Gary Danielson and weak minded idiots such as yourself aren't there to kiss his holier than thou ass after 3 seconds.

What a selfish asshole Tebow is. He wears it on his sleeve while doing mission work in orphanages in the Philippines and partnering with the Make-A-Wish foundation...

There is no doubt that Tebow will be regarded as one of the greatest college football players of all time when his career ends in January. He leaves an on-field legacy that might never be approached.

What Tebow has done away from football in his four seasons at Florida, however, is just as significant. His mission and charity work, his Christian faith, his work with children and his ability to briefly touch a life yet leave a lasting impact also are a legacy that Tebow cherishes more — and one that will last beyond touchdowns and victories.

“In the annals of Doak Walker and other great college football players, Heisman-winning players, he stands out as having made his mark on the field, but off the field he continues to impact people,” said Tom Rogeberg, the executive vice president for communications and marketing for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes. “… He’s approachable by anyone: other athletes, young children, elderly grandparents, non-sports figures. He just gives them a great deal of attention [and] his time. What he has done with prisoners and what he has done with orphans and the hospital visits he makes, it is hard to imagine that anyone is like that.

“He’s an exemplary role model.”

Tebow’s work with his father’s association — the Bob Tebow Evangelistic Association — is well-documented. He has been traveling with his family to the Philippines since he was a boy to spread the Gospel and help in the association’s orphanage.

He has preached in front of schoolchildren and entire villages. He assisted in medical care. He helped with the everyday chores and duties around the orphanage and villages.
In the U.S., Tebow has spoken in prisons and schools, to church and youth groups, at meetings and conferences. He talks of his faith and how it is such a big part of his identity and life.

Tebow does not hit people over the head with his message. He simply tells how his faith has inspired him. He hopes that, in turn, will inspire someone else, who will in turn inspire someone else …

“How you are going to influence someone is they see something in you that is different or seems special,” Tebow said. “They see something in you that they think, 'Wow, that’s really cool. I’m going to look into that,’ or maybe, 'He’s nice about this. He goes about this a different way,’ and then they’ll look into it. But it’s not because I’m forcing anything upon anyone.

“I try to make [faith] a part of my life, just like it is. And I will never deny or force it. But I will always have it as a part of my life. … I hope that people can see it affects my life and how I am so passionate about it, and that’s the biggest effect I hope that people see.”

He also sends that message with his eyes.

Former Southern California running back Reggie Bush is generally credited with popularizing writing on the eye-black patches that football and baseball players wear, but Bush wrote “619” on his, the area code of his hometown of Spring Valley, Calif. Tebow writes Bible verses on his, most notably Philippians 4:13 and John 3:16.

Tebow has been criticized for it, but there is no doubt that it has had some effect on people.

He wore John 3:16 for the BCS national championship game last January, and the verse was the most-searched item on Google the next morning.

“I think it’s great,” UF coach Urban Meyer said. “I don’t mind when my daughter, my middle daughter GiGi, texts me every time what he’s wearing. She looks up the verse and texts it to me.

“I think that’s pretty cool.”

It’s impossible to measure whether Tebow’s admission, in response to a question at the SEC’s annual media days last July, that he was saving himself for marriage will have the same kind of effect on young fans, but Rogeberg hopes it will.

“I hope it makes him a role model,” Rogeberg said. “If someone with that opportunity for fame and so highly recognized wants to keep himself pure, then [he hopes people will ask], 'Is that not something that I should model, as well as his other attributes, his work ethic, his competitiveness, his desire to win, and to care for his body the way he has?’

“That’s part of what he’s doing by remaining pure.”

Tebow also has made an impact in ways that aren’t as visible. He often visits sick children, whether on his own or as part of the Goodwill Gators, UF’s community outreach program. He spent time with Milton Oshay Johnson, a Baker County High School football player who was paralyzed during practice in August 2008, and several children have asked to meet Tebow as part of the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Those visits, as well as countless others, aren’t publicized.

“… Being with kids, being with sick kids, making them smile, I think those [memories] will probably be even more special to me than some of the games and some of the wins and the championships and whatnot,” Tebow said. “Because you know what? At the end of the day, that is more special, being able to use football as a platform to make a kid smile, to make a kid’s day.

“… That kid, that’s his life. It’s his opportunity or his Make-A-Wish to see me or to talk to me before a game. That’s a lot more special than even winning a game. When you put all the glitz and glamour aside, that’s what’s really special.”

Tebow’s charitable work and mission trips have had an impact on his teammates and coaches, too. Meyer and his family — wife Shelley, daughters Nicole and Gigi and son Nate — were inspired to take part in a mission trip of their own. They spent eight days in the Dominican Republic in July 2008 with a mission group and helped feed 100 families daily. They also spent time at an all-girls orphanage and a leper colony.

“It was a life-changing experience,” Meyer said.

Tebow also encouraged his teammates to get involved with charity work, whether through the Goodwill Gators or own their own. He did it subtly, asking some of his teammates to accompany him on some of his outings.

“He took the initiative to say, 'Hey, I want you to come with me and do this,’ ” fifth-year senior David Nelson said. “Guys started doing that. They actually started getting out there and seeing what it was and getting firsthand experience. They enjoyed it and got a lot out of it.

“It kind of trickled down to the other guys. Now, they want to take some younger guys with them.”

Perhaps Tebow’s most inspirational message to his teammates came after the Gators lost 31-30 to Ole Miss last season in Gainesville. He delivered what is now known as The Promise during a postgame interview.

His eyes red and his voice thick and cracking, Tebow gathered himself and apologized for the loss — and then made a guarantee.

“I just want to say one thing,” Tebow said before pausing to take several deep breaths to settle himself. “To the fans and everybody in Gator Nation, um [pause] you know what [pause], I’m sorry. I’m extremely sorry. We were hoping for an undefeated season. That was my goal, something Florida’s never done here.

“But I promise you one thing: A lot of good will come out of this. You have never seen any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of this season, and you’ll never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of this season, and you’ll never see a team play harder than we will the rest of this season. God bless.”

The Gators haven’t lost since. A school-record 21 consecutive victories heading into Saturday’s game against Florida State at Florida Field.

“A lot of people get caught up in beating Florida State [as if] it’s the biggest thing in the world,” Tebow said. “Really, at the end of the day, when everything’s all put aside, it’s just a game.”

Mosbonian
12-06-2009, 11:06 AM

LOL...a lot of jealousy coming out in your posts.

I'd venture to say with a great deal of surety, that even if Tebow doesn't play a down in the NFL he will have a great deal more satisfaction in life than you. He appears to be well-adjusted, and prepared for life after football.

A guy with that much talent normally has a much larger ego coming out of college...and there are many examples that you can see in pro football these days.

mmaddog

Kerberos
12-06-2009, 11:12 AM
I just wish this guy would have done the post game interview with Tebow
http://16.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ksi0szfsCu1qze42no1_400.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rWoD2sQ9LiU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rWoD2sQ9LiU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

milkman
12-06-2009, 11:57 AM

I must have missed the interview in which Tebow said,

"Come unto me, and your life will be changed forever".

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 01:07 PM
Tebow's Next Bible Verse:
http://i.imgur.com/AfLZ5.jpg

ROFL

Norman Einstein
12-06-2009, 04:47 PM
I must have missed the interview in which Tebow said,

"Come unto me, and your life will be changed forever".

I am one of the biggest dicks on the planet, but I am far from a hypocrite dumbass.

You keep selling yourself short you hypocrite. You might have more of an opinion of yourself anyone I've ever seen. There is not a single person on this earth that is not a hypocrite in one way or another, in your case it's glaring. In reading all of your visitor messages it's obvious to everyone but you.

Please don't call yourself a dick, that's the best part of a man according to all of the women I know, you just don't fit that description.

keg in kc
12-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Watching him cry like a little bitch was the highlight of the 2009 football season for me.

milkman
12-06-2009, 09:32 PM
You keep selling yourself short you hypocrite. You might have more of an opinion of yourself anyone I've ever seen. There is not a single person on this earth that is not a hypocrite in one way or another, in your case it's glaring. In reading all of your visitor messages it's obvious to everyone but you.

Please don't call yourself a dick, that's the best part of a man according to all of the women I know, you just don't fit that description.

I do have a high opinion of myself.
I'm sorry that you don't, but it's understandable since you're clearly too stupid to recognize the fact that I'm defending TeBow's right to discuss his faith, because I don't believe he has been a hypocrite.

The post you quoted was a sarcastic response to a dumbass who thinks that TeBow is just playing to media to hype himself.

Do you need me to find the definition of sarcasm for you?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 11:12 PM
Watching him cry like a little bitch was the highlight of the 2009 football season for me.

It certainly didn't sour my beer! :evil:

CoMoChief
12-07-2009, 12:00 AM
Personally I think Tebow's a f@g and his whole jesus loving/virgin act is a complete joke.

He won't amount to shit in the NFL. His stats are overhyped. Wow more rushing titles than Herschel Walker huh? 95% of those were within 2 frickin yards. 2-yard Tebow is what I call him. Overrated bastard. And he's a lefty........lefties just piss me off.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-07-2009, 12:22 AM
Personally I think Tebow's a f@g and his whole jesus loving/virgin act is a complete joke.

He won't amount to shit in the NFL. His stats are overhyped. Wow more rushing titles than Herschel Walker huh? 95% of those were within 2 frickin yards. 2-yard Tebow is what I call him. Overrated bastard. And he's a lefty........lefties just piss me off.

We don't agree often, so I cherish these moments when we do.:D

El Jefe
12-07-2009, 02:42 PM
THis is ****ing retarded bullshit. Almost everyone would have done no differently. He doesn't deserve praise for doing what is expected in that situation.

His over-the-top crying after his terrible performance is just embarrassing.

I agree.

loochy
12-07-2009, 02:52 PM

oh man, it's time for the media to wipe the tebow man juice off their mouth...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_S-eQIS1HPlQ/Shtki45wfiI/AAAAAAAAAcI/W9uSaQHNZPI/s400/pete+7.jpg

ChiTown
12-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Nice kid, but GTFO already. His public display of emotion is a complete turnoff to me - it's football for f's sake.