PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football FFL Help

KCJohnny
12-05-2009, 11:51 PM
My RBs are Steven Jackson, Jamaal Charles, Jerrious Norwood and Darren Sproles.
Jackson is listed as Q (back spasms, did not practice this week). Sproles is getting few targets and is going against the squishy Browns D. My homer pick is Charles, who has not failed me in our FFL since LJ left. Michael Turner is Q (good chance he won't play at all) but Norwood has to share totes with Snelling.

I wanted to start SJ and JC - advice?

Go Chiefs!
:arrow:
KCJ

KCJohnny
12-06-2009, 03:24 AM
Anybody?

Sure-Oz
12-06-2009, 03:32 AM
Id start Jackson and Charles....they are both likely to play

Jackson is a gametime decision though

KCJohnny
12-06-2009, 04:18 AM
Id start Jackson and Charles....they are both likely to play

Jackson is a gametime decision though

I know, but I am in Korea 14 hours ahead of EST. The SJ game time decision will be made while I am asleep! I want to start him (he started last week under the same conditions) but I am also looking at the Falcons. If Norwood gets 20 touches, he could be 15 or more fantasy points.

What about Sproles? The Bolts will be feasting on the Dawgs' horrid defense. Can a back spasming SJ tear a hole in the Bears' D?

blazzin311
12-06-2009, 04:18 AM
My RBs are Steven Jackson, Jamaal Charles, Jerrious Norwood and Darren Sproles.
Jackson is listed as Q (back spasms, did not practice this week). Sproles is getting few targets and is going against the squishy Browns D. My homer pick is Charles, who has not failed me in our FFL since LJ left. Michael Turner is Q (good chance he won't play at all) but Norwood has to share totes with Snelling.

I wanted to start SJ and JC - advice?

Go Chiefs!
:arrow:
KCJ

Sproles isn't getting enough looks to warrant starting. M. Turner isn't going to play for Atlanta. That leaves Snelling and Norwood to split carries. I'd be willing to bet Snelling gets over half of the carries between the two. So you wouldn't want to start Norwood either. You've got to start Charles. He's turning into a good fantasy back. Even though Steven Jackson didn't practice all week long, if I'm correct he didn't practice much if at all the week before, and I think he still played last Sunday. So I think he starts today as well. Go with him and Charles. I'd still check before gametime if you can to see if some reason they sit Jackson out. That way you can insert Norwood, since at that point he would be really your only other viable option besides Charles.

Sure-Oz
12-06-2009, 04:28 AM
I know, but I am in Korea 14 hours ahead of EST. The SJ game time decision will be made while I am asleep! I want to start him (he started last week under the same conditions) but I am also looking at the Falcons. If Norwood gets 20 touches, he could be 15 or more fantasy points.

What about Sproles? The Bolts will be feasting on the Dawgs' horrid defense. Can a back spasming SJ tear a hole in the Bears' D?

SJ did pretty well last week, and im starting him in my league as well. I dont know if norwood will get goalline looks with snelling either.

KCJohnny
12-06-2009, 04:37 AM
Sproles isn't getting enough looks to warrant starting. M. Turner isn't going to play for Atlanta. That leaves Snelling and Norwood to split carries. I'd be willing to bet Snelling gets over half of the carries between the two. So you wouldn't want to start Norwood either. You've got to start Charles. He's turning into a good fantasy back. Even though Steven Jackson didn't practice all week long, if I'm correct he didn't practice much if at all the week before, and I think he still played last Sunday. So I think he starts today as well. Go with him and Charles. I'd still check before gametime if you can to see if some reason they sit Jackson out. That way you can insert Norwood, since at that point he would be really your only other viable option besides Charles.

That's sound advice blazzin311, but I'm worried that Jackson might not play. And Sproles has hooked me up a couple times this year in the passing game and the return game. I'm thinking LT will play the first half and then sit as SD may be looking to reserve him for the playoffs. I guess I'll take your advice but I'm a 10 point dog in my matchup. The good news is my WRs are Driver, Vincent Jackson and Sidney Rice. Favre-to-Rice has been giving me a ton of FF points. Ny opponent has Maurice Jones-Drew and Ladanian Tomlinson so that's what I'm up against. His QB is Rivers, I own Brees. I'm just worried that his RBs are going to crush mine. I actually think Charles could have a 100 yds and a TD tomorrow.

KCJohnny
12-06-2009, 04:39 AM
SJ did pretty well last week, and im starting him in my league as well. I dont know if norwood will get goalline looks with snelling either. True! Snelling gets the goalline totes but Norwood can take it to the house both running and receiving. So many decisions! So you are starting SJ anyway? :hmmm:

Quesadilla Joe
12-06-2009, 04:39 AM
You are screwed at RB.

Just based on the injury situation with Steven Jackson I would start Jamaal Charles and Sproles. I don't expect a big game from either of them, but at least you don't run the risk of starting SJ and he doesn't play.

KCJohnny
12-06-2009, 04:42 AM
BTW, I also own Snelling. I have Tony Gonzalez at TE and the Bengals D against the Lions. I have SD's kicker, should be good for a dozen vs the Dawgs. Brees against the Skins is only forcasted 16.52 points.

KCJohnny
12-06-2009, 04:45 AM
You are screwed at RB.

Just based on the injury situation with Steven Jackson I would start Jamaal Charles and Sproles. I don't expect a big game from either of them, but at least you don't run the risk of starting SJ and he doesn't play.

That's what i did 5 minutes ago and then Sure Oz talked me out of it. Down in my gut I think even if SJ plays, he won't have a big day vs da Bears. He's only forecasted 11.34 points. Sproles needs 1 reception or punt return to go yard. Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!

Quesadilla Joe
12-06-2009, 04:47 AM
Brees is 1-4 or something like that in his career when it is below 40 degrees outside.

Quesadilla Joe
12-06-2009, 04:51 AM
That's what i did 5 minutes ago and then Sure Oz talked me out of it. Down in my gut I think even if SJ plays, he won't have a big day vs da Bears. He's only forecasted 11.34 points. Sproles needs 1 reception or punt return to go yard. Aaaaaarrrrrgggghhhhh!

Chicago's defense isn't what it is used to be a few years ago. I guess Steven Jackson played last week with the same injury, so maybe he might play.... The tough thing for you is you will be asleep when they announce if he is going to play or not.:doh!:

KCJohnny
12-06-2009, 04:54 AM
Chicago's defense isn't what it is used to be a few years ago. I guess Steven Jackson played last week with the same injury, so maybe he might play.... The tough thing for you is you will be asleep when they announce if he is going to play or not.:doh!:

He jogged in practice. Whatever that means. Its going to be cold and windy. Such drama. I hate it! I'm leaning to Sproles but SJ is in my lineup as of now...

KCJohnny
12-06-2009, 04:56 AM
Brees is 1-4 or something like that in his career when it is below 40 degrees outside.

Yeah, I just need big stats, whether Nawlins wins or not. If he gets it to his big money receivers a few times I am golden at QB. I'm really concerned at RB. I like my WRs to come up big this week.

I really think with even 10 touches that Sproles will punish the hapless Browns.