PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs ****The OFFICIAL Matt Cassel Sucks Thread****

ziggysocki
12-06-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't care how much money this guy got paid. He sucks and belongs on the bench. He is terrible. :cuss:

petegz28
12-06-2009, 02:05 PM
Oh come on, it's the O-line. It's the WR's. He was worth the 2nd round pick easy!

/sarcasm off

Buehler445
3.2 passer rating.
Posted via Mobile Device

kcxiv
Fuck Matt Cassel

Mr. Flopnuts
12-06-2009, 02:07 PM
That's our sixty million dollar man!!!

Tactical Funky
12-06-2009, 02:07 PM
Eh, he's had a rough two-game stretch, but I don't think he sucks. He's forcing the ball today, but can you blame him with the absolutely crap stable of wide receivers the Chiefs have? I believe having Bowe out is killing him as well.

morphius
12-06-2009, 02:08 PM
Well, he was just happy to find someone that would actually catch the damn ball.

ziggysocki
12-06-2009, 02:08 PM
I would pay him another 60 million to leave town and never again wear Chiefs red.

Bane
12-06-2009, 02:10 PM
I would pay him another 60 million to leave town and never again wear Chiefs red.

ROFL
I kinda laid off of him lately,and he has gotten worse. Poor kid.

ziggysocki
12-06-2009, 02:10 PM
Eh, he's had a rough two-game stretch, but I don't think he sucks. He's forcing the ball today, but can you blame him with the absolutely crap stable of wide receivers the Chiefs have? I believe having Bowe out is killing him as well.

He is as inaccurate a thrower as anyone I have ever seen. His decision making skills rival that of a schizophrenic heroin addict. He is terrible... I feel a little sick every time he takes a snap.

eazyb81
12-06-2009, 02:12 PM
Absolutely terrible QB, and not a great sign for our future under Pioli considering he traded for him and paid him an absurd contract.

We could be just at the start of a dark time for this franchise.

Tactical Funky
12-06-2009, 02:12 PM
He is as inaccurate a thrower as anyone I have ever seen. His decision making skills rival that of a schizophrenic heroin addict. He is terrible... I feel a little sick every time he takes a snap.
Get back to me next season when Cassel might actually have a semblance of a team around him. I'm not saying he's great or anything - far from it today in particular - but I think our team's overall ineptitude this season is magnifying his struggles.

GoHuge
12-06-2009, 02:14 PM
He looks terrible today. I feel sorry for anybody actually at the game freezing their asses off to watch this sorry bunch.
Posted via Mobile Device

cjp27
12-06-2009, 02:15 PM
There's no possible way Croyle could do any worse.

ziggysocki
12-06-2009, 02:15 PM
Get back to me next season when Cassel might actually have a semblance of a team around him. I'm not saying he's great or anything - far from it today in particular - but I think our team's overall ineptitude this season is magnifying his struggles.

I don't know man... I hope he gets better, but I don't see it happening. He is bad.

ziggysocki
12-06-2009, 02:16 PM
There's no possible way Croyle could do any worse.

Yup. Agreed.

Noss
12-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Cassel sucks is putting mildly!!

His six year contract has set the Chiefs back six years now!!

Thanks, Scott!!

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-06-2009, 02:25 PM
he sucks. I didn't like the trade initially, but warmed up to eventually. I think McDaniels had something to do with that. This sucks. At least we can never say we passed on Stafford. Sanchez? meh

Lbedrock1
12-06-2009, 02:27 PM
ROFL How easily we forget about elvis grbac.....ROFL

ziggysocki
12-06-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah! Cassel is on the bench where he belongs!

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2009, 02:29 PM
I was in back in March.

topher79
12-06-2009, 02:30 PM
Elvis Grbac was way better than Matt Cassell is.

ziggysocki
12-06-2009, 02:30 PM
I was hopeful in March... now, I am hopeful for a Cassel career ending injury.

FloridaMan88
12-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Obviously the only way Cassel can look like an effective NFL QB is if he is surrounded by the likes of Randy Moss/Wes Welker, etc.

Pioli is/was apparently clueless to that blatant fact.

Dead&Buried
12-06-2009, 02:38 PM
He is so bad. How could KC pay $14 million a year for this chump? It's amazing.

KCbroncoHATER
12-06-2009, 02:42 PM
He is a malcontent we should get the media and the local radio stations to help us run him out of town.

It worked for our starting running back.

Look how that turned out ...

Lbedrock1
12-06-2009, 02:56 PM
Elvis Grbac was way better than Matt Cassell is.

Have you been smoking something?........Give me some!....:D

the Talking Can
12-06-2009, 02:59 PM
game tracker on nfl.com reported Croyle in during the 3rd

i was glad

Tribal Warfare
12-06-2009, 03:15 PM
Lets be honest here, Cassel has played like this alot this season. It just so happens that the dropped INTs by the DBs were caught today.

Rudy tossed tigger's salad
12-06-2009, 03:16 PM
how much more is he guaranteed?

TrebMaxx
12-06-2009, 03:19 PM
He is definitely not worth the contract given to him. The OL has given him more time lately but he hasn't taken advantage. The dropped passes don't help him any that is for sure, but a lot of times he over throws receivers or is behind them. Meh, he sucks.

Noss
12-06-2009, 03:23 PM
Cassel QB rating:

First Last Date Opponent Att. Cmp. Yds. TD INT Rate W/L
Matt Cassel 12/6/2009 vs. Denver 29 10 84 0 2 14.2 L

Reerun_KC
12-06-2009, 03:25 PM
He is definitely not worth the contract given to him. The OL has given him more time lately but he hasn't taken advantage. The dropped passes don't help him any that is for sure, but a lot of times he over throws receivers or is behind them. Meh, he sucks.

Yep so does Wade, Long, Bradley, Cottam, Pope, Ryan, Lawrenence and just about anything else we trot out there to drop a fuck load of balls each sunday...

EyePod
12-06-2009, 03:25 PM
That's our sixty million dollar man!!!

He's not going to get that money if he's cut. I mean, he would be a good backup... just not the answer. Even in his "good" games he was making poor decisions and had amazing catches from his receivers on really poor throws. I hope Brodie plays the next game. It can't hurt. Plus, Cassel would get eaten alive by Buff's secondary.

EyePod
12-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Yep so does Wade, Long, Bradley, Cottam, Pope, Ryan, Lawrenence and just about anything else we trot out there to drop a **** load of balls each sunday...

Pope is beginning to show that he's not worth the trouble. Granted, that was a great play against Dawkins. But he also had 2 false starts and a few drops... UGH. And remember, Cottam started catching them when a QB who can throw well was tossing them his way. Cassel has such a shitty throw.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-06-2009, 03:31 PM
I wish we could take Cassel's durability and give it to Brodie Croyle. We would have a HOF QB at that point.

Cassel gets a lot of blame when his HC and WR's let him down a lot.

Now, will it get better? I don't know, but it is really hard for a QB to get in a rhythym when the WR's are dropping every other pass it seems. It makes you force more throws, take more chances and try to do too much.

I hate that our current coach is worse than out last coach.

Tribal Warfare
12-06-2009, 03:31 PM
. Cassel has such a shitty throw.

Cassel freaks out when his first two progressions aren't available, hence the constant tapping of the ball when he's in the pocket.

crossbow
12-06-2009, 03:55 PM

Well here is the deal. Cassel has about as much talent as the guys they let go. Only they weren't paying them $60 mil and losing a high 2nd round draft pick for the privilage.

suds79
12-06-2009, 04:05 PM
I think we're simply look for signs of having the "it" factor.

Among a bad team, I can see that Flowers can play. I see that Charles can play despite having a bad fumbling problem.

The only thing I see from Cassel that I like is that he's fairly mobile.

Honestly throwing the ball, I'm unimpressed. He's just simply not very accurate. And that's disappointing because he'll probably be our QB for the next 2-3 years before there's finally been enough time to where people can fully admit he sucks.. Then we'll be in the market for a QB again.

Maybe next time the Chiefs will someday bite the bullet and invest a 1st rounder in one.

sedated
12-06-2009, 04:05 PM
Cassel has looked pretty fukn shitty, but so did trINT green in his first year in KC.

Warrior5
12-06-2009, 04:07 PM
He looks terrible today. I feel sorry for anybody actually at the game freezing their asses off to watch this sorry bunch.
Posted via Mobile Device

What's most depressing is the O-line, which has sicked pond scum all year, actually protected Cassel well today. They gave hime ample time in the pocket... only for him to make poor judgements and shitty passes.

This is perhaps the most depressing aspect of today's game for me.

BryanBusby
12-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Croyle looked like shit, too. Not good at all

suds79
12-06-2009, 04:09 PM
Cassel has looked pretty fukn shitty, but so did trINT green in his first year in KC.

True but how many QBs have looked like garbage in their 1st year only to turn it on later (as Trent did) as compared to guys who looked bad in their 1st year, 2nd year, 3rd year, etc. simply because they're bad QBs?

My point is that I'm saying I think Trent was the exception rather than the rule and just because it worked out for him, we can't assume Cassel will be the same.

Easy 6
12-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Castles 2 pix reminded me of this...

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bJiOOQ9SY6s&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bJiOOQ9SY6s&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Yep. I'm done defending him. Horrible. He really has A LOT of work to do to get me back as a fan. Pioli is a dipshit for giving him that contract.