PDA

View Full Version : Birthday It's official - Matt Cassel sucks

Pages : [1] 2

Bowser
12-06-2009, 04:44 PM
Ok, I went to today's game with the intent of watching Cassel. What I saw is a guy whose line gave him enough time to at least find one, if not two, guys down the field to try and make a play to. He looks scared; he looks confused; he looks like he doesn't have clue one as to where the ball should go. I'm no QB guru by any means, but for those who watched him on TV, did it appear to you that he had enough time to at least try to make a throw, instead of constantly rolling out to his right just to throw it away every time (if not throw a pick)?

*disclaimer - I am way more drunk than I intended to be.

*second disclaimer - I sincerely hope this is a repost so all the repost bitches can throw a bitch fit about me reposting. Bitches

*third disclaimer - I gave up watching this game after the first half, and decide to hang on the concourse during the second half

LaChapelle
12-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Can they convert him to safety

Gonzo
12-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Repost!
Posted via Mobile Device

ClevelandBronco
12-06-2009, 04:46 PM
Fourth disclaimer. He can't simply hand the ball to Wade 20 yards downfield.

BillSelfsTrophycase
Repost!
Posted via Mobile Device

ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins
He looks as comfortable in the pocket as Fred Phelps in a bathhouse.

Pablo
12-06-2009, 04:47 PM
I saw a Tyler Thigpen/JaMarcus Russell hybrid at QB today for the Chiefs. I pray to God that's the last time I see that...

Bowser

Pffft. Like Wade could handle that.

KcMizzou
He had tons of time today... compared to most games. He looks shell-shocked.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 04:48 PM

Yeah, that throw was perfect. LMAO.

Bowser
12-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Repost!
Posted via Mobile Device

Two posts to get the repost? You tards are really losing your touch.

Bitches!

BigVE
12-06-2009, 04:50 PM

This, d@mmit. I have been on Cassel's side all year but I am slowly changing my opinion of the guy. He may be ruined.

Bowser
He looks as comfortable in the pocket as Fred Phelps in a bathhouse.

It MAY be because of the unitentional drunkenness on my part, but this post is gold.

Quesadilla Joe
Josh McDaniels knows every flaw in Cassel's game. Just be glad you don't have to face him every week.

ClevelandBronco

That throw?

Those throws.

Hammock Parties
12-06-2009, 04:52 PM
I called him Derek Anderson 2.0 during the offseason.

I thought I was wrong after watching a bunch of Pats games.

Maybe I was right.

splatbass

It was catchable. That was on Wade.

okiedokieokoye
He held on to the ball because nobody was freakin open! And if they did manage to get away for a second, there was no chance of them actually catching a football. Stat wise, this was a bad Cassel day, but his throws were on target today. Get off his back people. I can't believe some of you are comparing him to Russell. That's an insult to every Chief's fan.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 04:53 PM
That throw?

Those throws.

That throw was catchable but off, much like others, like the one to Cox to open the game and the one to Charles in the endzone.

He's a taller Thigpen, with a bigger bank account.

Tribal Warfare
He held on to the ball because nobody was freakin open!

Did you read the thread starter? It revealed the opposite of what you are conveying

KcMizzou
Speaking of Wade why the hell was he a prime target after the piss poor attempt at catching a sure TD... not to mention throwing a screaming bitch-fit to his HC when HE was the one who fucked up?

He gave a half hearted, one handed effort on that ball... and then came back to the sidelines and acted as if he wanted to fight Haley for whatever was said.

Whatever it was... he earned it. Don't act all offended and try to be a badass, if you don't have the heart at least to make a decent effort.

God, that pissed me off. F Bobby Wade.

Bowser
Josh McDaniels knows every flaw in Cassel's game. Just be glad you don't have to face him every week.

Shut the fuck up, you talking-out-the-ass moran. The Broncos are going to get assraped in the wildcard round of the playoffs. Yes, you'll make the playoffs - gratis on that. Doesn't mean the Broncos have it in them to do a fucking thing with that opportunity other than lay down like a whore a prom night.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 04:54 PM
It was catchable. That was on Wade.

It was catchable, but not the walk in the endzone TD that it should have been.

It's on Cassel. One player is supposed to be the "franchise," while one is a piece of trash off the street. Whom should we expect more out of?

BigMeatballDave
Josh McDaniels knows every flaw in Cassel's game. Just be glad you don't have to face him every week.:rolleyes: Yeah, thats it. Cassel has played perfect every week prior to this game.

Deberg_1990
How much garaunteed money is he owed? If hes playing this poorly at this time next year, i dont want him back for a 3rd year....

Pablo
12-06-2009, 04:55 PM
Speaking of Wade why the hell was he a prime target after the piss poor attempt at catching a sure TD... not to mention throwing a screaming bitch-fit to his HC when HE was the one who ****ed up?

He gave a half hearted, one handed effort on that ball... and then came back to the sidelines and acted as if he wanted to fight Haley for whatever was said.

Whatever it was... he earned it. Don't act all offended and try to be a badass, if you don't have the heart at least make a decent effort.

God, that pissed me off. F Bobby Wade.Wade and Long were prime targets all game.

WTF for? I mean, seriously...either throw the ball to Chambers or swing passes to Charles. That's about all our offense should be limited to. Don't even look at Wade, Long, or Pope for any reason. Ever.

KcMizzou
12-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Wade and Long were prime targets all game.

WTF for? I mean, seriously...either throw the ball to Chambers or swing passes to Charles. That's about all our offense should be limited to. Don't even look at Wade, Long, or Cottam for any reason. Ever.FYP

Pope made a play or two.

KcMizzou
12-06-2009, 05:00 PM
I assume Bailey took Chambers out of the game.

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2009, 05:02 PM
How much garaunteed money is he owed? If hes playing this poorly at this time next year, i dont want him back for a 3rd year....Unless we can clone Welker and Moss, I don't care to see him play again.

Rausch
12-06-2009, 05:03 PM

With significant contributions from Haley and Cassel...

KcMizzou
12-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Cassel desperately needs Bowe back.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 05:05 PM
This off-season, there were a lot of comments to the effect of, "If Pioli wants Cassel, that speaks volumes...because no one knows this player better."

Now, in hindsight, what does this acquisition say about the Executive of the Decade?

BryanBusby
12-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Cassel desperately needs Bowe back.

So he can drop them like it's hot, too? Haley better be looking allover for an offensive coordinator as soon as the final game is finished.

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2009, 05:07 PM
This off-season, there were a lot of comments to the effect of, "If Haley wants Cassel, that speaks volumes...because no one knows this player better."

Now, in hindsight, what does this acquisition say about the Executive of the Decade?That he should have sweetened the deal to get Moss and Welker, too?

SAUTO
12-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Did you read the thread starter? It revealed the opposite of what you are conveying

obviously you didnt read it, where dod he say that wrs were actually open???

where you there? i was. and there werent many times they looked open to me
Posted via Mobile Device

Dark Horse
12-06-2009, 05:09 PM
He held on to the ball because nobody was freakin open! And if they did manage to get away for a second, there was no chance of them actually catching a football. Stat wise, this was a bad Cassel day, but his throws were on target today. Get off his back people. I can't believe some of you are comparing him to Russell. That's an insult to every Chief's fan.

whether anyone was open or not he still can't hang onto the ball that long. His passes are not coming out crisply either making me think he is unsure whether he wants to throw or not even when he does throw.

banyon
12-06-2009, 05:10 PM
This off-season, there were a lot of comments to the effect of, "If Haley wants Cassel, that speaks volumes...because no one knows this player better."

Now, in hindsight, what does this acquisition say about the Executive of the Decade?

No one knew him better than Haley? Were they secret lovers or something?

DeezNutz

Posted via Mobile Device

Would like to see the coach's tape because Cassel had a shit ton of time today. As Hamas said in the game thread, there's a difference between NE open and KC open.

KcMizzou
So he can drop them like it's hot, too? Haley better be looking allover for an offensive coordinator as soon as the final game is finished.He's another good option.

Chambers got locked down by a stud corner.... and we were left with Wade and Long as primary targets. (FAIL)

Bowe being in the game moves every other receiver to a less talented D-back.

Not saying it was the difference in the game (at all) but I bet our offense would have looked a lot better.

Norman Einstein
This, d@mmit. I have been on Cassel's side all year but I am slowly changing my opinion of the guy. He may be ruined.

I think the guy was over rated from the beginning. Any QB, even Damon Huard, could have looked good with the Patriots last year. I'd throw Croyle back into the game and let Cassel sit it out until he either figures it out or decides to retire.

The Chiefs have a long way to go. I missed the game ( if 44-13 is a game) today due to circumstances beyond my control. I don't think I missed anything. I also saw that the Raiders beat the Steelers, that put a damper on my thoughts that the Chiefs weren't necessarily as bad as I thought, they are as bad as I thought. At least we do see some signs of progress, just not enough.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 05:11 PM
No one knew him better than Haley? Were they secret lovers or something?

Shit.

I don't know if they were or are lovers. NTTAWWT.

I'll edit.

DaFace
12-06-2009, 05:12 PM
He's definitely been disappointing. That said, his receivers weren't exactly helping him out today.

Rausch
So he can drop them like it's hot, too? Haley better be looking allover for an offensive coordinator as soon as the final game is finished.

He should be canned for this craptastic season.

He's making the exact same mistakes Gun did...

Bowser

Posted via Mobile Device

Sure they were. Cassel just couldn't recognize when they were open, or about to break open, and decided to hang onto the ball like a guy who doesn't understand when his receivers are about to get open.

banyon
Shit.

I don't know if they were or are lovers. NTTAWWT.

I'll edit.

Just pickin at ya. :D

Deberg_1990
12-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Would like to see the coach's tape because Cassel had a shit ton of time today.

Yes he did. Several times he actually had a perfect pocket, but looked hesitant and indecisive.

What was the root cause???

His accuracy was way off today too. Why??

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I would like to say that a good QB will make plays and get the ball to his recievers. I'm not gonna slam him for his poor play. He just can't do it. I will place the blame at the feet of Haley and Pioli for continuing to let him play.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Yes he did. Several times he actually had a perfect pocket, but looked hesitant and indecisive.

Because he's been a career backup for a reason? His accuracy issues have been a season-long thing, not just a today thing.

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2009, 05:17 PM
So it seems we are trying to develop a 27 yo QB. Awesome.

Simply Red
12-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Dear Matt Cassel,

You really are piss-poor. /the entire world

SAUTO
12-06-2009, 05:18 PM
Would like to see the coach's tape because Cassel had a shit ton of time today. As Hamas said in the game thread, there's a difference between NE open and KC open.

i agree on the time that the line gave him, the wrs werent getting much separation if any at all and when they did they dropped the fucking ball. we sat 11 rows up on the 47/48 yard line, we could see the plays breal down pretty well
Posted via Mobile Device

Deberg_1990
12-06-2009, 05:19 PM
So it seems we are trying to develop a 27 yo QB. Awesome.

Elvis Grbac 2.0??

Except Elvis had a better team around him....

Rausch
12-06-2009, 05:19 PM

What is FUKING IS.

The team played poorly, the HC did a $#it job, and the QB looked lost.

Simply Red
12-06-2009, 05:20 PM
He's definitely been disappointing. That said, his receivers weren't exactly helping him out today.

very true, esp. early on. But damn, what a 'day ruiner' thanks Chiefs. YET AGAIN!

Demonpenz
12-06-2009, 05:20 PM
sometimes it's like watching quizenberry out there with the way cassel release

Simply Red
12-06-2009, 05:21 PM
+1 for draft pick, though. :(

Simply Red
sometimes it's like watching quizenberry out there with the way cassel release

it was nothing nice.

BigMeatballDave
Elvis Grbac 2.0??

Except Elvis had a better team around him....I'd have to say Elvis may actually have had a better arm. His problem was he was just too fucking stupid to play QB. Million dollar arm. 10 cent brain...

SAUTO
12-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Sure they were. Cassel just couldn't recognize when they were open, or about to break open, and decided to hang onto the ball like a guy who doesn't understand when his receivers are about to get open.

huh? about to break open? you watchex the first half right? l couldnt be totally sure but i would say about 7 drops in the first half. make those catches and he has what 4 incompletions in the first half. that wouldnt have been too bad huh? and throw in 2tds, wade and long should have had
Posted via Mobile Device

12-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Not to pour salt in any wounds..but what did the Chiefs give up for him? (Biting nails)

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2009, 05:25 PM
I wanted no part of him, and I still thought he throw for around 3500 yards with about 20 TDs and 16 picks.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 05:26 PM
"Experience".

"Rebuilding/get over it".

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Not to pour salt in any wounds..but what did the Chiefs give up for him? (Biting nails)You mean other than the 60 mil? A 2nd rd pick.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 05:27 PM
I'd have to say Elvis may actually have had a better arm. His problem was he was just too ****ing stupid to play QB. Million dollar arm. 10 cent brain...

Had nothing to do with stupidity and everything to do with heart.

Physically, Cassel couldn't fucking sniff a QB of Grbac's caliber.

12-06-2009, 05:28 PM
You mean other than the 60 mil? A 2nd rd pick.

Ouch..and thats gonna be a high 2nd round pick by the looks of things.

Sweet Daddy Hate
Not to pour salt in any wounds..but what did the Chiefs give up for him? (Biting nails)

Rey Maualuga.

'Hamas' Jenkins

#34 overall pick in the draft.
60 million dollar contract before he'd played a down for us when we had his rights for two years already.

Here's the big problem:

The acquisition of Cassel lead to the reach for Jackson at 3 (which I was vehemently against).

The refrain of those of us termed to be turncoats was that you could have gone Sanchez, Mauluga in rounds 1 and 2 and spent less money while getting better players.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 05:29 PM
#34 overall pick in the draft.
60 million dollar contract before he'd played a down for us when we had his rights for two years already.

Here's the big problem:

The acquisition of Cassel lead to the reach for Jackson at 3 (which I was vehemently against).

The refrain of those of us termed to be turncoats was that you could have gone Sanchez, Mauluga in rounds 1 and 2 and spent less money while getting better players.

HA! Beat you to it!:D

Deberg_1990
I wanted no part of him, and I still thought he throw for around 3500 yards with about 20 TDs and 16 picks.

heh, i really hate bringing this up again, but if we were going to be this bad, we might as well have drafted Sanchez (no im not pimping him).

At least the rest of the team could have grown with a young QB. JWhit was right, Pioli/Haley truly thought they could compete right away.

CHIEFS58
my first game at arrowhead. looked like he nor the receivers knew where they were supposed to be. completely unprepared.

SAUTO
12-06-2009, 05:30 PM
Ouch..and thats gonna be a high 2nd round pick by the looks of things.

LAST years second, they already spent it
Posted via Mobile Device

CHIEFS58
12-06-2009, 05:31 PM
also, the receivers cant get separation because theyre too slow.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 05:31 PM
Pretty amusing, really.

Pioli came in a pulled a classic Carl, which has promptly blown up in our faces (to this point, allowing for a miraculous turn of events). Haley, although FAR more paletable in pressers, has pulled individual game day decisions that are MUCH worse than any single Herm move.

Bob Dole
12-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Haley, although FAR more paletable in pressers, has pulled individual game day decisions that are MUCH worse than any single Herm move.
That's a stretch...

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2009, 05:33 PM
Had nothing to do with stupidity and everything to do with heart.

Physically, Cassel couldn't ****ing sniff a QB of Grbac's caliber.I just remember Elvis routinely making dumb decisions. I suppose you can attribute that to lack of heart. Either way he wasn't the smartest QB.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 05:34 PM
Rey Maualuga.

I should also add, I'm really enjoying reminiscing about the poster who answered my question, "So, building off the current talent at 4-3 instead of switching to the 3-4 is retarded"?

Their answer:

"Yes".

Well alright then Corky, let's put you in charge of scouting and development right away!:rolleyes:

CHIEFS58
That's a stretch...

really? that fake punt debacle made me puke on my seat.

stevieray
Cassel sucks?

Bye Haley.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 05:35 PM
That's a stretch...

I can't think of any single Herm move that was more atrocious than the 4th down call today when it was a one possession game.

And Herm was a complete clusterfuck.

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Pretty amusing, really.

Pioli came in a pulled a classic Carl, which has promptly blown up in our faces (to this point, allowing for a miraculous turn of events). Haley, although FAR more paletable in pressers, has pulled individual game day decisions that are MUCH worse than any single Herm move.I wonder how long before Pioli admits to Cassel being a mistake?

Bowser
12-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Cassel sucks?

Bye Haley.

Convince me Cassel doesn't suck, and you're not allowed to use the "his o-line sucks!" argument, based on the fact that he had time to throw but insisted on bailing out anyway plan today.

The Bad Guy
12-06-2009, 05:38 PM
This thread just makes me wish the worst for that bag of shit KnowMo.

You're one step above RoyR, but then again, I bet RoyR would have been smart enough to go to college if he had a free ride.

SAUTO
I wonder how long before Pioli admits to Cassel being a mistake?

if anything cassel has until the end of next year to shit or get off the pot
Posted via Mobile Device

Coach
Cassel sucks?

Bye Haley.

Sorry, but I would have to respectfully disagree.

Cassel was awful today. Granted, the receivers didn't do him any favors, but his decision making was awful, and when he did had decent protection, he was skittery out there.

Basically, he's Tyler Thigpen version 2.0 with a bigger paycheck.

Bowser
12-06-2009, 05:39 PM
I can't think of any single Herm move that was more atrocious than the 4th down call today when it was a one possession game.

And Herm was a complete clusterfuck.

Yeah, that was as big of a WTF moment as I'v ehad with the Chiefs in quite some time. Pull that play out whe you're punting from their 45, not when you're punting from you 25.

The Bad Guy
12-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Cassel sucks, but I want nothing, absolutely nothing to do with Mark Sanchez.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 05:41 PM

That's fine. But we need to seriously look into acquiring a QB this off-season because the answer isn't on our roster.

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2009, 05:41 PM

And Herm was a complete cluster****.I don't want to defend this call, but what happens if they convert that? Its a gutsy call then. Just saying...

DBOSHO
12-06-2009, 05:42 PM
Bet you guys secretly wish we still had thigpen now...

notorious
12-06-2009, 05:42 PM
I wonder how long before Pioli admits to Cassel being a mistake?

Never.

Bowser
12-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Bet you guys secretly wish we still had thigpen now...

Thigpen would be as soothing as a brutal case of crabs right about now.

notorious
12-06-2009, 05:43 PM
Sorry, but I would have to respectfully disagree.

Cassel was awful today. Granted, the receivers didn't do him any favors, but his decision making was awful, and when he did had decent protection, he was skittery out there.

Basically, he's Tyler Thigpen version 2.0 with a bigger paycheck.

Believe it or not, Tyler has a stronger arm then Cassel.

Simply Red
12-06-2009, 05:44 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2i0aezt.jpg

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 05:45 PM
I don't want to defend this call, but what happens if they convert that? Its a gutsy call then. Just saying...

Even if they convert, I'm still going to be arguing that it's dumb as fuck, because it was.

The Bad Guy
That's fine. But we need to seriously look into acquiring a QB this off-season because the answer isn't on our roster.

I don't think we are finding one this off-season either.

Cassel is locked in here regardless now.

Coach
Believe it or not, Tyler has a stronger arm then Cassel.

Don't really care either way. I'm just sick and tired of seeing Matt now. I have been calling for Brodie to finish out the season.

Hell, the Chiefs aren't going anywhere, so other than hurting Matty's ego, what the hell the Chiefs have to lose with Brodie in there anyways?

stevieray
12-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Convince me Cassel doesn't suck, and you're not allowed to use the "his o-line sucks!" argument, based on the fact that he had time to throw but insisted on bailing out anyway plan today.

this is a business...MC doesn't call the plays.which contract carries more weight? The Gailey firing might be the undoing...Hell, he made Thigpenzed look presentable. what we don't know is the degree of separation between pioli and haley...it's easy to assume they are hand in hand..but we don't know yet.

they paid Matt a lot of money and then ..put him in situation that was almost impossible to succeed in..every average fan knows that you don't go to bat with an oline that produced 2-14. All on Haley.

Guess we'll see.....

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 05:46 PM

Well, seeing as how he is signed to a team already, I don't think you have anything to be worried about.

:shrug:

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 05:47 PM
I don't think we are finding one this off-season either.

Cassel is locked in here regardless now.

If someone drops into round 2, I'm pulling the trigger with the extra pick.

ClevelandBronco
Don't really care either way. I'm just sick and tired of seeing Matt now. I have been calling for Brodie to finish out the season.

Hell, the Chiefs aren't going anywhere, so other than hurting Matty's ego, what the hell the Chiefs have to lose with Brodie in there anyways?

Given his history, Brodie himself.

notorious

Pride is what Pioli and Haley have to lose.

That is more powerful then many could possibly believe.

BigMeatballDave
Cassel sucks, but I want nothing, absolutely nothing to do with Mark Sanchez.I think its possiblle the Jets may have seriously stunted his growth letting him play so long after sucking shit.

Rausch
12-06-2009, 05:48 PM

And Herm was a complete cluster****.

THIS...

DBOSHO
12-06-2009, 05:49 PM
" we will play the players who give us the best chance to win"

Oh yeah?

Coach
12-06-2009, 05:49 PM
Given his history, Brodie himself.

Sure, but other than his injury history, what else?

12-06-2009, 05:50 PM
I think its possiblle the Jets may have seriously stunted his growth letting him play so long after sucking shit.

Its all Fatso's fault..Sanchez is regressing..hes getting worse. they should have a qb coach and a veteran backup qb on the team to teach him something.

Coach
12-06-2009, 05:51 PM
Pride is what Pioli and Haley have to lose.

That is more powerful then many could possibly believe.

And their pride is the reason why the Chiefs haven't shown much improvement at all. I thought the Steeler game was a good indicator of some improvement, but after the SD and Denver game, it's becoming more of a fluke win.

The first step to fixing a wrong is admitting you made a mistake. After admitting it (they won't), then fix the problem by making the necessarly moves/changes.

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Bet you guys secretly wish we still had thigpen now...We do. Cassel is just taller with more money. (Someone already said this earlier. I thought it was funny and bears repeating)

DBOSHO
12-06-2009, 05:52 PM
Unless cassel gets hurt, he will finish out the season, regardless of how bad he plays.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 05:53 PM
If someone drops into round 2, I'm pulling the trigger with the extra pick.

Who??

I think its possiblle the Jets may have seriously stunted his growth letting him play so long after sucking shit.

He had a good, winning game last week; you two are high as a fucking kite, and I can't begin to imagine WHY after watching this Casshole Shit-Fest today.

The Jets are two games away from being .500, and you're REALLY gonna' try and fly THIS flag of shit?

I know both of you had an emotional investment in Cassel, but give me a fucking break already.

Bowser
12-06-2009, 05:53 PM
this is a business...MC doesn't call the plays.which contract carries more weight? The Gailey firing might be the undoing...Hell, he made Thigpenzed look presentable. what we don't know is the degree of separation between pioli and haley...it's easy to assume they are hand in hand..but we don't know yet.

they paid Matt a lot of money and then ..put him in situation that was almost impossible to succeed in..every average fan knows that you don't go to bat with an oline that produced 2-14. All on Haley.

Guess we'll see.....

This is actually a great point. I don't think the "average fan" (myself included) realizes what it takes to install an offense. And IIRC, Haley introduced an ENTIRELY new scheme when he took over - lingo and all.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 05:54 PM
He had a good, winning game last week; you two are high as a ****ing kite, and I can't begin to imagine WHY after watching this Casshole Shit-Fest today.

The Jets are two games away from being .500, and you're REALLY gonna' try and fly THIS flag of shit?

I know both of you had an emotional investment in Cassel, but give me a ****ing break already.

WTF are you talking about?

Pablo
12-06-2009, 05:55 PM
Who??

He had a good, winning game last week; you two are high as a ****ing kite, and I can't begin to imagine WHY after watching this Casshole Shit-Fest today.

I know both of you had an emotional investment in Cassel, but give me a ****ing break already.The Jets are 6-6.

stevieray
12-06-2009, 05:56 PM
This is actually a great point. I don't think the "average fan" (myself included) realizes what it takes to install an offense. And IIRC, Haley introduced an ENTIRELY new scheme when he took over - lingo and all.

basically at the last second.

good thing hope springs eternal.

Rausch
12-06-2009, 05:57 PM

Which has been less productive than the one before it.

Chan Gailey is not Bill Walsh but he's perfect at polishing turds.

We are a huge, curled, steaming turd.

Every aspect of our offense is WORSE this year under Haley.

WORSE THAN UNDER HERM.

The fuck people...:spock:

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Who??

I know both of you had an emotional investment in Cassel, but give me a ****ing break already.:spock:

chiefzilla1501
12-06-2009, 06:00 PM
Who??

I know both of you had an emotional investment in Cassel, but give me a ****ing break already.

Dude, get over it. Right now, Sanchez and Cassel both look like shit. Neither look like NFL QBs at this stage. Whether either of them will in the future is another story, but as of right now, neither do.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 06:03 PM
WTF are you talking about?

You tell me! He threw some very nice long passes, one of which was COMPLETELY tanked by the receiver, he didn't throw any INT's to my knowledge, and his team won the game.
Yes, he injured himself doing the one thing he was told ad-nauseum not to do, but he'll be back on the field next Sunday.

The Jets are 6-6.

+
2 =
_______

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2009, 06:04 PM

Guess we'll see.....

All on Haley?

Who was the guy making the draft picks and signing the free agents for said O-Line that you don't "go to bat with"?

Simply Red
12-06-2009, 06:04 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/2i0aezt.jpg

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 06:06 PM
You tell me! He threw some very nice long passes, one of which was COMPLETELY tanked by the receiver, he didn't throw any INT's to my knowledge, and his team won the game.
Yes, he injured himself doing the one thing he was told ad-nauseum not to do, but he'll be back on the field next Sunday.

You're saying I'm emotionally invested in Cassel, a player I have never supported, and defending the play of Sanchez, whom I repeatedly called for the team to draft last April?

I have no idea what's going on here.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 06:07 PM
You're saying I'm emotionally invested in Cassel, a player I have never supported, and defending the play of Sanchez, whom I repeatedly called for the team to draft last April?

I have no idea what's going on here.

Ahhh...

No, not you. I meant The Bad Guy.

stevieray
12-06-2009, 06:09 PM
All on Haley?

Who was the guy making the draft picks and signing the free agents for said O-Line that you don't "go to bat with"?
already adressed. Pioli isn't going anywhere.

KcMizzou
http://i50.tinypic.com/2i0aezt.jpgLMAO

Nice new WTF pic.

BigMeatballDave

_______Your Sanchez love is unfounded and unhealthy. Do you and Mecca both catch?

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 06:11 PM
already adressed. Pioli isn't going anyhwere.

Lucky us.

Norman Einstein
12-06-2009, 06:11 PM
I'd have to say Elvis may actually have had a better arm. His problem was he was just too ****ing stupid to play QB. Million dollar arm. 10 cent brain...

This is the most accurate description of Grbac I've ever seen, you might give a second though to giving him credit for the 10 cent brain though, remember there's been inflation since then, that plus devaluation of his capacity. Maybe a nickle?

stevieray
12-06-2009, 06:12 PM
Lucky us.remains to be seen

Ebolapox
12-06-2009, 06:12 PM
I'm dissapointed in cassel, but I haven't given up. in all honesty, the issues cassel has can absolutely be fixed by spending time in the filmroom, spending time with haley getting the offense down, and getting him some more playmakers. he's a hard worker, and I like his fire--we just need to get through this shit-pile of a season and give him an offseason of honing the game... I think he just may surprise us next season and the season after that one.

edit** you'll notice that he's having issues getting timing correct with his WRs. notice that we've brought in a lot of new wrs during the season--usually NOT a good thing for your qb during the year (timing is EVERYTHING)... that MAY explain the accuracy issues, but I'm not 100%. I do know that cassel is a hard worker, and good qbs pull their way through stretches like this. every good qb goes through a stretch like this--at one level or another. I'm not giving up yet.

SAUTO
12-06-2009, 06:13 PM
Who??

He had a good, winning game last week; you two are high as a fucking kite, and I can't begin to imagine WHY after watching this Casshole Shit-Fest today.

I know both of you had an emotional investment in Cassel, but give me a fucking break already.

7-14 104 yards. are you REALLY TRYING TO CALL THAT A GOOD GAME? and then in a later post to say that a jets wr tanked a long throw.... wow that hasnt happened to cassel. amd how many yards rushing do the jets average?
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou
12-06-2009, 06:14 PM
Lucky us.You can't judge Cassel just yet.

Can't judge Haley, really either...

And you sure as shit can't judge Pioli.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 06:15 PM
7-14 104 yards. are you REALLY TRYING TO CALL THAT A GOOD GAME? and then in a later post to say that a jets wr tanked a long throw.... wow that hasnt happened to cassel. amd how many yards rushing do the jets average?
Posted via Mobile Device

Did it get the job done?

KcMizzou
I'm dissapointed in cassel, but I haven't given up. in all honesty, the issues cassel has can absolutely be fixed by spending time in the filmroom, spending time with haley getting the offense down, and getting him some more playmakers. he's a hard worker, and I like his fire--we just need to get through this shit-pile of a season and give him an offseason of honing the game... I think he just may surprise us next season and the season after that one.I agree.

donkhater
This board puts the 'lose' in delusional.

Cassel has struggled, no doubt. Who do you suggest KC should have gotten instead?

Sanchez? He may have more potential, but there is NO WAY he would be even as good as Cassel with the shuffling Haley has done and the line/running game KC has.

Thigpen? Need I remind you that Gonzalez isn't on the team anymore? You really want Thigpen throwing passes to the WRs we have? You think Cassel looks inaccurate? Jeez.

Croyle? Love the kids arm and moxie, but if this team would've went into this season with him as the starter and no viable backup, this group would've had a cow.

Who else that was available would have played better than Cassel? You can make a big deal about his contract. That's fair. But in reality it really isn't that out of line for even an average QB. Especially 1 year from now after Manning and Brady re-up dragging QB salaries up with them.

People have actually posted on here that they like the improvement the D-line has shown this year and that the LB core was better than they thought they would be. Are these people serious? As bad as Cassel has been, the defense is worse. Hali, Flowers and maybe Carr are the only ones that are starting quality on a good defense and even Hali is marginal.

This team has serious issues and no doubt Cassel's play is one of them, but by no means is it the only one. 90% of the bitching is about him. Get a clue.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2009, 06:16 PM
already adressed. Pioli isn't going anywhere.

I don't think anyone suggested otherwise. That said, blame abounds, and Pioli deserves more than anyone. He's the one orchestrating this mess.

LaChapelle
12-06-2009, 06:17 PM
2008 Chiefs...................2009 Chiefs

35 TDs (10 Gonzo).............20 TDs

16/22 FGs.....................18/22 FGs

doomy3
12-06-2009, 06:17 PM
Did it get the job done?

This is the biggest fucking joke I've read on here. If you think the Jets and Chiefs are anywhere near the same level talent wise for the other 21 positions on the field, then you are even more of a fucking idiot than I thought.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 06:18 PM
You can't judge Cassel at Chiefs Planet just yet.

Can't judge Haley at Chiefs Planet, really either...

And you sure as shit can't judge Pioli at Chiefs Planet.

Couldn't resist.:D

SAUTO
12-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Did it get the job done?

the rbs and defense did, agaon 7-14 104 yards is not a good game
Posted via Mobile Device

BigMeatballDave
I don't think anyone suggested otherwise. That said, blame abounds, and Pioli deserves more than anyone. He's the one orchestrating this mess.Yep. I've tried to resist bashing him because I was so happy to be rid of Carl.

I guess the old saying may be true...Take care of the boss you have because the next may be worse...

KcMizzou
Couldn't resist.:DHeheh. Well, I guess we can judge 'em all at Chiefsplanet. That's what we do here.

Chiefsplanet is big on instant gratification.

donkhater
12-06-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't think anyone suggested otherwise. That said, blame abounds, and Pioli deserves more than anyone. He's the one orchestrating this mess.

You know, some 2-14 teams are 2-14 because they have poor depth at QB, had a hard schedule and/or had injury issues. A new GM somes in, gets lucky with a few player moves and catches fire.

KC had 5 players tops that were starting quality, no depth and were FAT.

Yeah, Pioli's to blame. Exagerate much?

Bowser
I really don't want to dump on Cassel, Haley, or whomever. I'm just tired of watching my team not win a championship, that's all. I like what Haley and Pioli are TRYING to do here, and I hope with all my football fandom heart that they can make it happen.

For Christ's sake, the last time the Chiefs won the Super Bowl, I was literally still in the womb. I'm now of the opinion that that is unacceptable, and needs to be changed with all due haste.

DeezNutz
You can't judge Cassel just yet.

Can't judge Haley, really either...

And you sure as shit can't judge Pioli.

Of course you can.

They are early returns, but they're not positive.

I'm not calling for Haley or Pioli's job. Too early. The former gets '10 and the latter gets '11.

As for Cassel, I'd be great with him leaving tomorrow, since his acquisition was a mistake from jump.

stevieray
12-06-2009, 06:21 PM
that's great... doesn't change the fact that he he has more clout than the HC.

Haley won't get together with Clark to evaluate the GM.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 06:21 PM
the rbs and defense did, agaon 7-14 104 yards is not a good game
Posted via Mobile Device

You're absolutely right, SAUTO; 60 yards and an ass-rape at home is SO much better!:rolleyes:

luv
12-06-2009, 06:22 PM
I'm dissapointed in cassel, but I haven't given up. in all honesty, the issues cassel has can absolutely be fixed by spending time in the filmroom, spending time with haley getting the offense down, and getting him some more playmakers. he's a hard worker, and I like his fire--we just need to get through this shit-pile of a season and give him an offseason of honing the game... I think he just may surprise us next season and the season after that one.

edit** you'll notice that he's having issues getting timing correct with his WRs. notice that we've brought in a lot of new wrs during the season--usually NOT a good thing for your qb during the year (timing is EVERYTHING)... that MAY explain the accuracy issues, but I'm not 100%. I do know that cassel is a hard worker, and good qbs pull their way through stretches like this. every good qb goes through a stretch like this--at one level or another. I'm not giving up yet.

I want to be a Cassel fan. I really do. I'm just not there yet. The dude is tough. He has gotten to where he doesn't say anything about the receivers dropping asses. He shouldn't need playmakers to make him better though. That would make him another Huard. Of course receivers holding on to the balls that re actually catchable would be nice.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 06:23 PM
You know, some 2-14 teams are 2-14 because they have poor depth at QB, had a hard schedule and/or had injury issues. A new GM somes in, gets lucky with a few player moves and catches fire.

KC had 5 players tops that were starting quality, no depth and were FAT.

Yeah, Pioli's to blame. Exagerate much?

We've lost a collective 334 pounds!!!!111!!!

The mantra of a dog shit ****ing team.

SAUTO
12-06-2009, 06:24 PM
You're absolutely right, SAUTO; 60 yards and an ass-rape at home is SO much better!:rolleyes:

but but what about those drops? you use them in defense of sanchez, hypocrite much? oh and i never said cassel had a good game. youDID say sanchez did. he didnt sorry
Posted via Mobile Device

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2009, 06:24 PM
that's great... doesn't change the fact that he he has more clout than the HC.

Haley won't get together with Clark to evaluate the GM.

When did I ever say, or allude otherwise?

notorious
12-06-2009, 06:26 PM
he doesn't say anything about the receivers dropping asses.

ROFL

Couldn't help it Luv.

Ebolapox
12-06-2009, 06:26 PM
I want to be a Cassel fan. I really do. I'm just not there yet. The dude is tough. He has gotten to where he doesn't say anything about the receivers dropping asses. He shouldn't need playmakers to make him better though. That would make him another Huard. Of course receivers holding on to the balls that re actually catchable would be nice.

I'm with you on that. if he truly were the game-changing qb that we need to win a super-bowl one of these days, he'd make his WRs better. I hope we see that next year. if I were pioli, I'd pull in a few favors and see if I couldn't get brady to spend some time with cassel this offseason and see if a bit of brady doesn't rub off on cassel.

donkhater
12-06-2009, 06:28 PM
We've lost a collective 334 pounds!!!!111!!!

The mantra of a dog shit ****ing team.

That's right. That's all they had to hang their hat on.

Seriously, off of last year's team, these are the five best players (not including Gonzo).

Bowe
Flowers
Carr
Alberts
Waters

Top five on the team. Easily. And Flowers is the only one on that list that hasn't struggled some this year.

This team has NO talent. Pioli can NOT turn that over in one off season, maybe not even 2 offseasons. We're talking about a LOT of players.

The only thing I'm surprised about this season is Haley's game-day coaching. I thought he'd grow into it, but it's pretty bad.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 06:28 PM
but but what about those drops? you use them in defense of sanchez, hypocrite much? oh and i never said cassel had a good game. youDID say sanchez did. he didnt sorry
Posted via Mobile Device

But..but..Cassel has all that experience, SAUTO; he should be playing just like he did last year in New England.

Just like I was told by his ball-washing followers that he was going to!ROFL

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 06:29 PM
I'm with you on that. if he truly were the game-changing qb that we need to win a super-bowl one of these days, he'd make his WRs better. I hope we see that next year. if I were pioli, I'd pull in a few favors and see if I couldn't get brady to spend some time with cassel this offseason and see if a bit of brady doesn't rub off on cassel.

Why would another off-season of Brady's mentorship make a difference when these two players have been around each other for years?

DBOSHO
If matt had the same stats sanchez had you would say he played shitty ROR.

luv
Heheh. Well, I guess we can judge 'em all at Chiefsplanet. That's what we do here.

Chiefsplanet is big on instant gratification.

I'd settle for next year.

Today, a Denver dad was telling his son how much louder Invesco is than Arrowhead. Later, both sons (sitting next to me) were talking to each other and saying how much the Chiefs suck and wondered how they had any fans.

I was getting so irritated, but they're boys who were obviously raised wrong.

On our way out (yes, we left after the third quarter), a chick wearing a Broncos jersey was on the ramp smoking a cigarette. She was like "You guys aren't going home, are you?"

"Bitch, if my team was winning, I certainly wouldn't be out here taking time off of my life." I didn't say it though. I told dad I really didn't feel like getting in a fight. He looked at me with a little surprise. I said, "Don't worry. I would have kicked her ass."

:)

Anyway, I want Arrowhead back. I want a good game day experience to be more than tailgating.

:(

Demonpenz
12-06-2009, 06:30 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hN2E1XpYYVI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hN2E1XpYYVI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Pioli can NOT turn that over in one off season, maybe not even 2 offseasons. We're talking about a LOT of players.

And for about the 2345th time, no one expected him to turn over the entire roster.

I will, however, sincerely apologize for expecting the Executive of the Century to operate with common sense.

SAUTO
12-06-2009, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=Raised On Riots;6323756]But..but..Cassel has all that experience, SAUTO; he should be playing just like he did last year in New England.

Just like I was told by his ball-washing followers that he was going to!ROFL[/QUOTE

his stat line would have looked much better if the wrs hadnt DROPPED how
many passes? i counted 7 in ghe first half that really should have been caught, 2 for tds at least
Posted via Mobile Device

KcMizzou
12-06-2009, 06:32 PM
I want to be a Cassel fan. I really do. I'm just not there yet. The dude is tough. He has gotten to where he doesn't say anything about the receivers dropping asses. He shouldn't need playmakers to make him better though. That would make him another Huard. Of course receivers holding on to the balls that re actually catchable would be nice.Freudian slip?

Chambers was shut down today. Bowe would have helped. That left him with Wade and Long. I like Long's heart... he tries real hard, but he's just not NFL quality.

And Bobby Wade.... ugh... F' Bobby Wade.

My wagon isn't hitched to Cassel... I'd root for any QB who took a snap for the Chiefs... but the WR's were embarrassing today. (When for once... the QB had time)

stevieray
12-06-2009, 06:33 PM
When did I ever say, or allude otherwise?
where did I ever say you alluded to that or otherwise?

;)

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=Raised On Riots;6323756]But..but..Cassel has all that experience, SAUTO; he should be playing just like he did last year in New England.

Just like I was told by his ball-washing followers that he was going to!ROFL[/QUOTE

many passes? i counted 7 in ghe first half that really should have been caught, 2 for tds at least
Posted via Mobile Device

Long. Who else.

Don't say Wade because if that ball was caught it's not going for a TD because the WR would have had to lay out to catch it. And the throw to Charles was terrible.

KcMizzou
12-06-2009, 06:34 PM
I'd settle for next year.

Today, a Denver dad was telling his son how much louder Invesco is than Arrowhead. Later, both sons (sitting next to me) were talking to each other and saying how much the Chiefs suck and wondered how they had any fans.

I was getting so irritated, but they're boys who were obviously raised wrong.

On our way out (yes, we left after the third quarter), a chick wearing a Broncos jersey was on the ramp smoking a cigarette. She was like "You guys aren't going home, are you?"

"Bitch, if my team was winning, I certainly wouldn't be out here taking time off of my life." I didn't say it though. I told dad I really didn't feel like getting in a fight. He looked at me with a little surprise. I said, "Don't worry. I would have kicked her ass."

:)

Anyway, I want Arrowhead back. I want a good game day experience to be more than tailgating.

:(It'll happen. Have faith.

Sooner or later, this shit will turn around.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2009, 06:35 PM
where did I ever say you alluded to that or otherwise?

;)

:spock:

Ebolapox
Why would another off-season of Brady's mentorship make a difference when these two players have been around each other for years?

two thoughts...

1) I'm grasping at fucking straws. my fucking dad was 13 when the chiefs won the super bowl. I'm 26 right now. 39 years, dude. fucking depressing.

2) we don't have a qb coach. in his second season starting and first away from the pats, MAYBE having brady to bounce ideas off of would be good for cassel.

doomy3
[QUOTE=JASONSAUTO;6323765]

Long. Who else.

Don't say Wade because if that ball was caught it's not going for a TD because the WR would have had to lay out to catch it. And the throw to Charles was terrible.

Come on. That ball to Wade should have been caught, and it should have been a touchdown. He easily could have gotten two hands out on that and caught it in stride.

KcMizzou
12-06-2009, 06:36 PM
:spock:Who's on first?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 06:37 PM
If matt had the same stats sanchez had you would say he played shitty ROR.

Who's to say he's not on his way to achieving similar stats? You could make a pretty strong case based on these last two games, yes?

SAUTO
12-06-2009, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=JASONSAUTO;6323765]

Long. Who else.

terrible pass that should have still bee, caught for a td, and to me live it looked as though wade could have caught it amd kept going, hell even the replays looked like it was a possibility, not
many have bashed that pass saved you
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 06:40 PM
[QUOTE=DeezNutz;6323773]

Come on. That ball to Wade should have been caught, and it should have been a touchdown. He easily could have gotten two hands out on that and caught it in stride.

I disagree. It was catchable but overthrown and would not have been a TD because it.

SAUTO
12-06-2009, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=DeezNutz;6323773]

i agree, he could have gotten two hands on it without laying out IMO
Posted via Mobile Device

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 06:42 PM
[QUOTE=DeezNutz;6323773]

terrible pass that should have still bee, caught for a td, and to me live it looked as though wade could have caught it amd kept going, hell even the replays looked like it was a possibility, not
many have bashed that pass saved you
Posted via Mobile Device

I certainly wasn't alone in the game thread.

Cassel made what should have been an easy play hard. And, as I've stated, whom should we expect more out of? Wade or Cassel?

SAUTO
12-06-2009, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=JASONSAUTO;6323789]

I certainly wasn't alone in the game thread.

Cassel made what should have been an easy play hard. And, as I've stated, whom should we expect more out of? Wade or Cassel?

again it was a play that wade should have made. cassel put him in a position to succeed and wade failed
Posted via Mobile Device

milkman
12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Two or three of those were legitimate drops.

The rest were on Cassel.

Can not consistently make poor passses and expect marginal receivers to make great catches.

Can't even expect great receivers to make great catches on every piss poor throw.

suds79
12-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Wow clearly some of you see that deep ball play to Wade differently than I do. I thought it was pretty clear that there was fault on both ends.

Cassel - Overthrew what was an easy throw for a TD forcing to would have been a diving two handed grab.

Wade - Trying to one hand it to keep his feet rather than laying out with both hands to just make the catch.

That play was typical of the complaints we've all heard about Cassel. He consistently misses on deep balls. How many have there been where he's either overthrown or underthrown WRs?

The guy is simply not an accurate QB.

milkman
12-06-2009, 06:53 PM
Wow clearly some of you see that deep ball play to Wade differently than I do. I thought it was pretty clear that there was fault on both ends.

Cassel - Overthrew what was an easy throw for a TD forcing to would have been a diving two handed grab.

Wade - Trying to one hand it to keep his feet rather than laying out with both hands to just make the catch.

That play was typical of the complaints we've all heard about Cassel. He consistently misses on deep balls. How many have there been where he's either overthrown or underthrown WRs?

The guy is simply not an accurate QB.

I agree with you here, overall.

Bottom line, however, Wade has to make every effort to secure that catch, first and foremost.

Cassel's throw was a little off target, but it was still a catchable ball.

stevieray
12-06-2009, 06:56 PM
:spock:
I didn't put any words your mouth, don't pretend I did.

DBOSHO
12-06-2009, 06:56 PM
If wade dove, he couldve caught it, but that WAS NOT a 63 million dollar throw. I bet half of us on this board could make that throw 5/10 times.

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Receivers are open, Cassel has no trust in his arm to make a play until its fucking crunch time. Chambers, Cox, and Wade were open on several times when he got sacked or flushed him self out of the play by getting happy feet. Its a pretty big concern, we have some decent receivers - Chambers and Wade are legit NFL WRs and of course Bowe is as well when he gets back from timeout.

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Sauto, that was only 2 1/2 quarters work. He went out about half way in the 3rd with his knee.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2009, 07:03 PM
I didn't put any words your mouth, don't pretend I did.

Yes, you did.

#123 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6323683&postcount=123)
#145 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6323733&postcount=145)

OnTheWarpath15
12-06-2009, 07:07 PM
Hey, at least his QB rating eventually eclipsed our average yards per rush at one point.

stevieray
12-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Yes, you did.

#123 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6323683&postcount=123)
#145 (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6323733&postcount=145)
WTFever.

:rolleyes: ya i clearly stated that you stated something about piolis' clout.

stop wastimg my time with your personal months long vendetta.

OnTheWarpath15
12-06-2009, 07:08 PM
I'm also impressed that he has more games under 100 yards passing (3) than games over 250 yards passing. (2)

milkman
12-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Receivers are open, Cassel has no trust in his arm to make a play until its ****ing crunch time. Chambers, Cox, and Wade were open on several times when he got sacked or flushed him self out of the play by getting happy feet. Its a pretty big concern, we have some decent receivers - Chambers and Wade are legit NFL WRs and of course Bowe is as well when he gets back from timeout.

I believe that Dumerville got one sack today, and it was on a play when Cassel simply had to slide a couple of steps to his right to avoid a push up the middle, but rather than simply slide in the pocket, he ran himself right into Dumerville.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2009, 07:11 PM
WTFever.

:rolleyes: ya i clearly stated that you stated something about piolis' clout..

What are you even talking about? I said that Pioli should be taken to task for the failures of the offseason and then you invented a narrative about Haley and Hunt not evaluating him, as though that was said (it wasn't) or relevant (it's not).

Is the gameday sauce disagreeable with you?

Bowser
12-06-2009, 07:13 PM
I'm also impressed that he has more games under 100 yards passing (3) than games over 250 yards passing. (2)

Brutal

chiefzilla1501
12-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Who??

Give me a fucking break already. Sanchez completed 47% of his passes. He was shitty in the game against Buffalo, except for two deep passes. Two passes accounted for over 70% of his yards. Good passes, but you don't get credit for making a few really big plays but being very inconsistent the rest of the way. And you're throwing the Carolina game in that list? A game where he threw for 154 yards, 0 TDs, and 1 INT?

Give it a break, already. Sanchez and Cassel have both been horrible this season. And yes, I've been rooting as hard as anyone for Cassel to succeed. But as of right now, I think both teams have a lot to worry about with their quarterbacks.

Bane
12-06-2009, 07:14 PM

I've beaten on him like a piņata all year long,maybe a lil too early but I cant help thinking he just flat out sucks.

stevieray
12-06-2009, 07:15 PM
What are you even talking about? I said that Pioli should be taken to task for the failures of the offseason and then you invented a narrative about Haley and Hunt not evaluating him, as though that was said (it wasn't) or relevant (it's not).

Is the gameday sauce disagreeable with you?
I said that's great, but doesn't mean shit at the end of the day...

and now you want to insinuate alcohol cause you're just talking shit and can't back up your accusation?

FO...that's weak..especially for you.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 07:20 PM
LMAO I notice Boss and JD are conspicuously absent from this debate; they're better politicians than I.

Anywho, I believe San Diego has successfully engineered a "Leaf-payback" on Matt Cassel.
There's football yet to play though, and hopefully he can tighten up enough to convince Pioli that looking for a high-round QB in this draft is unnecessary.

That said, if Cassel can not engineer an outstanding, and I mean outstanding game against Cleveland, there is NO point in continuing on with this guy.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 07:23 PM
LMAO I notice Boss and JD are conspicuously absent from this debate; they're better politicians than I.

Anywho, I believe San Diego has successfully engineered a "Leaf-payback" on Matt Cassel.
There's football yet to play though, and hopefully he can tighten up enough to convince Pioli that looking for a high-round QB in this draft is unnecessary.

That said, if Cassel can not engineer an outstanding, and I mean outstanding game against Cleveland, there is NO point in continuing on with this guy.

I fail to see how this could be a positive. This team isn't winning shit with Matt Cassel at the helm.

I respect the opinion of those who disagree, but I have seen precious little of redeeming merit in Cassel's play and would gratefully flush him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 07:28 PM
I fail to see how this could be a positive. This team isn't winning shit with Matt Cassel at the helm.

I respect the opinion of those who disagree, but I have seen precious little of redeeming merit in Cassel's play and would gratefully flush him.

I'm not ready to trade one suck for another just yet. Do you REALLY want to take a chance on one of the threee stooges from the Fellowship of Christian Assholes?

Not I.

Not yet.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 07:29 PM
I'm not ready to trade one suck for another just yet. Do you REALLY want to take a chance on one of the threee stooges from the Fellowship of Christian Assholes?

Not I.

Not yet.

If Mallett declares, I'm all for it.

If Clausen drops, I'd certainly consider it.

Both have much more potential than Matt Cassel.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 07:32 PM
If Mallett declares, I'm all for it.

If Clausen drops, I'd certainly consider it.

Both have much more potential than Matt Cassel.

I'll take your word, take the names, and look at some film as I have NO idea who these two are.

I'm willing to learn though.:D

MadMax
12-06-2009, 07:34 PM

Not I.

Not yet.

If it would expedite Mr. Cassel's journey out of town, i'm all for it. ;) There are better backup QB's in the league ya know. For a lot cheaper too.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 07:40 PM
I'll take your word, take the names, and look at some film as I have NO idea who these two are.

For the record, I'm talking about Mallett at the top of round 2, or even trading up into the bottom of round 1.

Berry first. Mallett second.

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2009, 07:42 PM
For the record, I'm talking about Mallett at the top of round 2, or even trading up into the bottom of round 1.

History says second round QBs dont win Super Bowls, you need to draft one in the first.

DeezNutz
12-06-2009, 07:46 PM
History says second round QBs dont win Super Bowls, you need to draft one in the first.

Given his measurables, he's a player who probably doesn't get past the first round, and I'd trade back in to get him.

Just as Flacco and Freeman were, initially, speculated to be 2nd/3rd rounders.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 07:48 PM
If it would expedite Mr. Cassel's journey out of town, i'm all for it. ;) There are better backup QB's in the league ya know. For a lot cheaper too.

The Cat is back! I had a stray hanging out on the porch today, so I fed him some chicken. He was most pleased.

As to Cassel, all we can do is watch and wait.

MadMax
12-06-2009, 08:10 PM
The Cat is back! I had a stray hanging out on the porch today, so I fed him some chicken. He was most pleased.

As to Cassel, all we can do is watch and wait.

Awww that is awesome. I bet watching the lil beast eat chicken reminded you of the game. LMAO seriously though I commend you for feeding the little feller. Yea, so many train wrecks so little time.

splatbass
12-06-2009, 08:32 PM

There have been a lot of SB QBs that weren't drafted in the first. Montana and Brady for example.

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2009, 08:46 PM
There have been a lot of SB QBs that weren't drafted in the first. Montana and Brady for example.

Its called playing the percentages, I am taking the surer bet than gamble for a longer shot.

DJ's left nut
12-06-2009, 08:55 PM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5309793&highlight=cassel#post5309793

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5378136&postcount=77

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5452549&postcount=222

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5538019&postcount=475

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5551463&postcount=44

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5697865&postcount=263

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5701738&postcount=57

Sometimes "I told you so" just doesn't seem sufficient.

Anybody, and I mean ANYBODY, that didn't know this before the season started is an idiot, a homer, or both (i.e. The Talking Can).

I will never understand why anyone thought this guy was our answer to anything. You could tell during his 'good' games in NE, when he was missing open WRs downfield and floating wounded ducks to a leaping Randy Moss, that this guy was nothing but a product of a strong system and one of the top 3 WR corps in football.

It's disappointing it took some of you this long.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2009, 09:05 PM
I said that's great, but doesn't mean shit at the end of the day...

and now you want to insinuate alcohol cause you're just talking shit and can't back up your accusation?

FO...that's weak..especially for you.

I'm not talking shit at all, you're the one who is conjuring things out of the ether, so I asked a question about what may be causing it.

Tribal Warfare
12-06-2009, 09:09 PM

Mallett needs to stay in school to hone his game, because he's not developed enough to be a viable option.

stevieray
12-06-2009, 09:19 PM
I'm not talking shit at all, you're the one who is conjuring things out of the ether, so I asked a question about what may be causing it.
BS. I was responding to Bowser with my own opinion.....saying that the playcalling and the firing of Gailey was on Haley, including choosing to go with the oline...you butted in and brought the draft and FA into the conversation...I never said that Pioli is without blame, rather that clark will can todd way before he cans pioli...

put words in your mouth? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-06-2009, 09:37 PM
BS. I was responding to Bowser with my own opinion.....saying that the playcalling and the firing of Gailey was on Haley, including choosing to go with the oline...you butted in and brought the draft and FA into the conversation...I never said that Pioli is without blame, rather that clark will can todd way before he cans pioli...

put words in your mouth? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I suggest you go back and read the thread.

You specifically mentioned that you can't go to bat w/ the OL of a 2-14 team while concurrently saying that it's all on Haley.

That's nonsensical, and you never appropriately clarified or contextualized your position.

Chiefs4TheWin
12-06-2009, 09:38 PM
5/12 with 7 dropped passes at one point. I'd give up at this point. Then again I'm not making 60 million fricken dollars.

splatbass
12-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Its called playing the percentages, I am taking the surer bet than gamble for a longer shot.

Maybe it is a surer bet, but there have been more first round busts than first round SB QBs.

I remember there was a debate over whether Peyton Manning or Ryan Leaf should go first. Then there was Drew Bledsoe vs. Rick Mirer. Couch and McNabb. And let's not forget Todd Blackledge (how could we?) :)

The point I'm trying to make is that picking a QB is a crapshoot no matter what round you pick them in.

Simply Red
12-06-2009, 10:21 PM
He's another good option.

Chambers got locked down by a stud corner.... and we were left with Wade and Long as primary targets. (FAIL)

Bowe being in the game moves every other receiver to a less talented D-back.

Not saying it was the difference in the game (at all) but I bet our offense would have looked a lot better.

well, let them celebrate their 'this yrs' super-bowl, i'm hoping for lose-out ATP.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 10:59 PM
Awww that is awesome. I bet watching the lil beast eat chicken reminded you of the game. LMAO seriously though I commend you for feeding the little feller. Yea, so many train wrecks so little time.

I said I was feeding a cat, not watching an antelope go for a swim in the Nile AMIRIGHT?!:LOL:

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-06-2009, 11:04 PM
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by the Talking Can http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5697851#post5697851)
sorry, I was talking about the real world...
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
I can only presume in your 'real world' Matt Cassel is an actual NFL quarterback as opposed to a taller version of the scatter-armed spread monkey we already had?

Because that would be make-believe as well. <table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by Buster Hymen http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5701724#post5701724)
Matt Cassel is the QBOTF for the Chiefs. Accepting this, and moving on, will make your life more enjoyable.
Sure, if you're a fan of going 9-7.

Matt Cassel is a game manager; a 'nice' quarterback on his good days.

Ignoring the quarterback position because we have this guy on a $14 million tender is astonishingly stupid.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Some things money just can't buy.

All Hail DJ's Left Nut!

Repizzle to you, good Sir.

Rigodan
12-06-2009, 11:51 PM

I've seen a lot of ND games this year and Clausen is definately worth spending our first on. I doubt he makes it out the top 3 though so we're still screwed.

MadMax
12-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by the Talking Can http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5697851#post5697851)
sorry, I was talking about the real world...
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by Buster Hymen http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5701724#post5701724)
Matt Cassel is the QBOTF for the Chiefs. Accepting this, and moving on, will make your life more enjoyable.

ROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFLROFL

Some things money just can't buy.

All Hail DJ's Left Nut!

Repizzle to you, good Sir.

Priceless!

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-07-2009, 12:18 AM
I've seen a lot of ND games this year and Clausen is definately worth spending our first on. I doubt he makes it out the top 3 though so we're still screwed.

Feel free to post some video!

BigMeatballDave
12-07-2009, 02:19 AM
I've seen a lot of ND games this year and Clausen is definately worth spending our first on. I doubt he makes it out the top 3 though so we're still screwed.Meh... I quit watching this video halfway thru. Not a single snap was taken from center. No thanks. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hHuwPPRC6H4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hHuwPPRC6H4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-07-2009, 02:36 AM
That throw at 2:20 didn't make the Baby Jesus weep...

But yeah, I came away more impressed with the receivers than the QB.

Tribal Warfare
12-07-2009, 03:05 AM

I like Clausen, but he's another gu who needs to stay and refine his game before he hits the pros.

BossChief
12-07-2009, 03:43 AM
I thought this was made official a couple months ago when he was just as bad as he is now.

The guy is uber inexperienced and we let the QB coach/oc go right before the season started.

thats a recipe for disaster.

I thought we were getting Grbac, little did I know we weren't even getting Scott Mitchell.

So far, MC is more like Leaf than Rothlisberger. A LOT MORE!

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-07-2009, 03:56 AM

Yo're a friggin moron. If you actually WATCH his throws he can't lead his receivers to save his ass. the one to wade was close but he had him wide open and should have thrown him an easy catch. His screens to his running backs are rarely where they should be.

Matt Cassel fucking sucks and I'm OFF his bandwagon!

NewChief
12-07-2009, 06:21 AM
I like Clausen, but he's another gu who needs to stay and refine his game before he hits the pros.

This guy will likely be available in two years.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdagmnnKUx0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdagmnnKUx0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

If he can get his head on straight and stop his slumps when things start going wrong for him, he's going to be a stud. Serious arm. Seriously loves to compete.

BossChief
12-07-2009, 06:25 AM
This guy will likely be available in two years.

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdagmnnKUx0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KdagmnnKUx0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

If he can get his head on straight and stop his slumps when things start going wrong for him, he's going to be a stud. Serious arm. Seriously loves to compete.

with a name like that, he is destined to go only one place, I will give you a clue!

beach tribe
12-07-2009, 07:04 AM

This.
Maybe he'll recover from the beating he's taken. Maybe he won't

the Talking Can
12-07-2009, 07:22 AM
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?p=5309793&highlight=cassel#post5309793

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5378136&postcount=77

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5452549&postcount=222

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5538019&postcount=475

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5551463&postcount=44

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5697865&postcount=263

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5701738&postcount=57

Sometimes "I told you so" just doesn't seem sufficient.

Anybody, and I mean ANYBODY, that didn't know this before the season started is an idiot, a homer, or both (i.e. The Talking Can).

I will never understand why anyone thought this guy was our answer to anything. You could tell during his 'good' games in NE, when he was missing open WRs downfield and floating wounded ducks to a leaping Randy Moss, that this guy was nothing but a product of a strong system and one of the top 3 WR corps in football.

It's disappointing it took some of you this long.

huh?

my quote is clearly referring to the fact that we already had Cassel and weren't going to draft Sanchez, all the fanboy weeping for a decision already made was pointless...which was and is true, without question or controversy.....

so what is the big "gotcha" you and other dumb people think exists here?

edit*

re-reading your post, you wanted us to keep Tony G (a high 2nd round pick and climbing) - which is the one unquestionably good thing this regime has done - and draft a RT in the 1st....talk about ****ing stupid with a capital STUPID...jesus

King_Chief_Fan
12-07-2009, 07:56 AM
Ok, I went to today's game with the intent of watching Cassel. What I saw is a guy whose line gave him enough time to at least find one, if not two, guys down the field to try and make a play to. He looks scared; he looks confused; he looks like he doesn't have clue one as to where the ball should go. I'm no QB guru by any means, but for those who watched him on TV, did it appear to you that he had enough time to at least try to make a throw, instead of constantly rolling out to his right just to throw it away every time (if not throw a pick)?

*disclaimer - I am way more drunk than I intended to be.

*second disclaimer - I sincerely hope this is a repost so all the repost bitches can throw a bitch fit about me reposting. Bitches

*third disclaimer - I gave up watching this game after the first half, and decide to hang on the concourse during the second half

on TV it looked like he had more than enough time. Instead of stepping up when pressure hits, he runs back and to the right. All he needs to do is step forward in a lot of those situations. Cassel makes Blackledge look all pro.......I don't remember a worse qb of this team. I say suck up the 60 M...let Brodie play rest of the games and start looking for another answer. Cassel's days as a Chief should be numbered......experiment over.

memyselfI
12-07-2009, 07:59 AM
Prediction. He will 'suck' alot longer and further in the NFL than his moronic coach will. Haley has hit his wall and can only go backwards. He's not HC material. Cassel can and will improve as the circumstances around him do.

D-Day
12-07-2009, 08:12 AM
I'm A chefs fan who lives in New England. Cassel can play. It doesn't mean he can't get worse or lose confidence but he played well last year in New England.

The Chefs are TERRIBLE. It looks more and more like Haley was a mistake. Blame Hunt for waiting so long to get Pioli on board and then making him "validate Herm". McDaniels was Pioli's first choice as coach.

I don't see why Haley should come back although there's no way Hunt will pay both him and Herm.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2009, 08:26 AM
I'm A chefs fan who lives in New England. Cassel can play. It doesn't mean he can't get worse or lose confidence but he played well last year in New England.

That's what's so odd about what has happened. Cassel didn't have perfect protection last year. He made tough throws. He wasn't NEARLY this god awful.

Something is very, very wrong, either with Haley or Cassel. Maybe Cassel is being asked to run a system he's not suited for. Personally I think it's more likely he just sucks. Tons of quarterbacks have had one good year and then went in the tank.

OnTheWarpath15
12-07-2009, 08:32 AM
That's what's so odd about what has happened. Cassel didn't have perfect protection last year. He made tough throws. He wasn't NEARLY this god awful.

Something is very, very wrong, either with Haley or Cassel. Maybe Cassel is being asked to run a system he's not suited for. Personally I think it's more likely he just sucks. Tons of quarterbacks have had one good year and then went in the tank.

My guess?

Cassel needs to reconsider his definition of "open."

We saw it in the Dallas game from a great vantage point. Guys ARE getting open - but they aren't running free like Moss and Welker were.

He's afraid to make a mistake, and it's actually hurting the offense, not helping it.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2009, 08:35 AM
My guess?

We saw it in the Dallas game from a great vantage point. Guys ARE getting open - but they aren't running free like Moss and Welker were.

He's afraid to make a mistake, and it's actually hurting the offense, not helping it.

I agree with this.

When your only football experience is playing the bench at USC and throwing to Moss and Welker in New England..."open" is a lot more "open" than it has been this year.

Although you'd think the right coach would teach him to recognize these things.

HemiEd
12-07-2009, 08:40 AM
Matt Cassel< < < D-e-r-i-c-k A-n-d-e-r-s-o-n

Rooster
12-07-2009, 08:42 AM

He did

Cannibal
12-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Prediction. He will 'suck' alot longer and further in the NFL than his moronic coach will. Haley has hit his wall and can only go backwards. He's not HC material. Cassel can and will improve as the circumstances around him do.

Maybe we can bring back Gannon.

Then kcgannonfan.com will be reborn!!!

the Talking Can
12-07-2009, 08:51 AM
it sucks, I like Haley but he is cruising for a bruising at this rate....

DJ's left nut
12-07-2009, 08:56 AM
huh?

my quote is clearly referring to the fact that we already had Cassel and weren't going to draft Sanchez, all the fanboy weeping for a decision already made was pointless...which was and is true, without question or controversy.....

so what is the big "gotcha" you and other dumb people think exists here?

edit*

re-reading your post, you wanted us to keep Tony G (a high 2nd round pick and climbing) - which is the one unquestionably good thing this regime has done - and draft a RT in the 1st....talk about ****ing stupid with a capital STUPID...jesus

WTF are you talking about? I never wanted a RT w/ the first, I said drafting Albert precluded us taking Smith because we'd have to shift him. (Exact quote -- "Pioli'd better do some pretty neat shit with that first rounder. If it becomes Eugene Monroe, Aaron Curry or Tyson Jackson, I'll go ****ing nuts.) Hint: Eugene Monroe would be a RT. I said I'd have much rather gone with Sanchez with our first rounder and RT with the 2nd we gave up for that scrub-ass QB of ours. We'd be far FAR better off and it would've been a damn sight liess expensive.

In either event, that wasn't my point. My point was that you've slobbed the Haioli/Cassel knobs since we brought them on board. You've been nothing but a lemming for this regime the whole time.

I included your name not because of the cited posts, but because you are a homer and a moron in general.

ChiTown
12-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Matt Cassel has been horrific this year. However, until we get an OL and a REAL OC, I'll withhold judgement on all the mean, hateful things I'd really like to say.
:D

DJ's left nut
12-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Matt Cassel has been horrific this year. However, until we get an OL and a REAL OC, I'll withhold judgement on all the mean, hateful things I'd really like to say.
:D

He had both of those things in NE.

He was still inaccurate on passes beyond 15 yards, still couldn't read defenses and still couldn't throw a deep ball to save his life.

Cassel is hurting the team more than the line, IMO.

ChiTown
12-07-2009, 09:06 AM
He had both of those things in NE.

He was still inaccurate on passes beyond 15 yards, still couldn't read defenses and still couldn't throw a deep ball to save his life.

Stop it, I'm trying to be nice!:evil:

DJ's left nut
12-07-2009, 09:07 AM
My guess?

Post thief. ;)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6164946&postcount=117

Yup, the Dallas game was where this emerged as completely inarguable.

He plays like he's a HS or major college QB. He's waiting for guys to get 5 yards of separation and that's simply not going to happen anymore.

HemiEd
12-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Two or three of those were legitimate drops.

The rest were on Cassel.

Can not consistently make poor passses and expect marginal receivers to make great catches.

Can't even expect great receivers to make great catches on every piss poor throw.

It seems like a lot them are behind the receiver, consistently so. Rarely does he lead them right, the one Wade screwed up was the exception.

Tribal Warfare
12-07-2009, 09:10 AM
Although you'd think the right coach would teach him to recognize these things.

That's called field vision, you either have it or you don't. One can study film all they like but if one doesn't have this inherent attribute then they are SOL.

Cassel's problem is he is so indecisive because he questions his own physical ability when he throws the ball.

OnTheWarpath15
12-07-2009, 09:11 AM
Post thief. ;)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=6164946&postcount=117

Yup, the Dallas game was where this emerged as completely inarguable.

He plays like he's a HS or major college QB. He's waiting for guys to get 5 yards of separation and that's simply not going to happen anymore.

I know you're just busting my balls, but Clay can attest that he and I discussed this opinion at the game.

Obviously, we're in complete agreement.

Hammock Parties
12-07-2009, 09:12 AM
Cassel's problem is he is so indecisive because he questions his own physical ability when he throws the ball.

I love how you know what thoughts are running through Cassel's head. These are great insights.

Also, stop saying "one." You're not a 68-year old professor of English literature wearing tweed.

Tribal Warfare
12-07-2009, 09:14 AM
I love how you know what thoughts are running through Cassel's head. These are great insights.

dude you can read it in his eyes

Cannibal
12-07-2009, 09:15 AM
It's official: The Kansas City Chiefs suck donkey dick and will for a long time.

Rooster
12-07-2009, 09:15 AM

At this point in time I would have to agree. He seems to have picked up a lot of bad habits from earlier in the year when he was running for his life after every snap. The line, while not great, wasn't terrible yesterday.

On the flip side he didn't have shit to throw to. Chambers was gone. Champ cancels him out as soon as he was assigned to him. That leaves a lot of practice squad rejects from other teams to throw to. Not good for anyone.

The whole thing is fucked right now. :mad:

Simply Red
12-07-2009, 09:16 AM
Hey, we're better than the Steelers. :rolleyes:

Easy 6
12-07-2009, 09:17 AM
The WR's need to shoulder a lot of blame, but not enough to absolve Cassel... he has thrown more flutterballs the last 2 weeks than i can count.

From strictly an arm strength angle, he's no better than Orton or Huard... watching Bradford Cameron pitch tight, accurate spirals as he lies parallel to the ground only made it more glaring.

But unfortunately, i think Pioli would have to lapse into a coma before Haley was able to bench him.