PDA

View Full Version : Football The BCS is chickenshit...

Sully
12-06-2009, 07:24 PM
... For scheduling TCU vs Boise St.

Fuck whoever made this pussy decision.

Hoover
12-06-2009, 07:25 PM
agree, all it does is give one of them a reason to bitch.

Demonpenz
12-06-2009, 07:27 PM
Damn I thought texas was going to be in the Championship game, this is great!

Bane
12-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Isn't that what BCS stands for anyway Big Chicken Shit?

ChiefsCountry
12-06-2009, 07:29 PM

**** whoever made this pussy decision.

They do the same shit in basketball tournament, they put Memphis and the other mid-majors in the same bracket so the BCS cartel schools won't get upset.

Spott
12-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Of course. They didn't want TCU or BSU to beat any of the other BCS teams and expose how much of a fraud the college football system is, even though everyone already knows it anyways.

Jack
12-06-2009, 07:32 PM

Have you watched Boise State play?

I'm picking them win, maybe handsomely.

Saul Good
12-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Did anybody honestly not see this coming?

FD
12-06-2009, 07:33 PM
The Fiesta bowl made that decision, probably thinking its the best game.

the Talking Can
12-06-2009, 07:33 PM
wish TCU was playing bama

that said, i like the matchup, could be a great game

and the winner will have every right to call themselves champions regardless of what the phony BCS system says

it guarantees we end with 2 undefeated teams

florida / cinci is another great matchup

Sully
12-06-2009, 07:35 PM

Though I'm pulling for TCU, and believ they'll win big, who wins has nothing to do with my point.
If the argument is that they aren't as good as the name teams, then play them against each other and let's see.

But I guess we wouldn't want another Utah killing Alabama, again. This is purely a CYA move.

Deberg_1990
12-06-2009, 07:35 PM
heh, at least they are not playing in the Poinsettia Bowl again..

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2009, 07:36 PM
The BCS can go fuck itself. You know they did this to ensure fewer undefeated teams. Regardless, there will be at least 2 undefeated left. Those cock eaters need to establish a playoff system.

the Talking Can
12-06-2009, 07:38 PM
oregon / ohio state is interesting....would be nice to see oregon wax them

rest of the matchups are boring

Chiefnj2
12-06-2009, 07:51 PM
TCU or Boise should have gotten Florida. Cincy doesn't have enough defense to hang with them.

BigRedChief
12-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Of course. They didn't want TCU or BSU to beat any of the other BCS teams and expose how much of a fraud the college football system is, even though everyone already knows it anyways.
THIS!

dirk digler
12-06-2009, 08:07 PM

Yep. When they announced it they first thing I said was that is total bullshit. They don't want these teams to embarrass the other BCS teams because they would.

Titty Meat
12-06-2009, 08:32 PM
I'm usually aginst government running things but they really should get involved with the BCS.

El Jefe
12-06-2009, 08:56 PM
oregon / ohio state is interesting....would be nice to see oregon wax them

rest of the matchups are boring

I'll let this one slide, but the next one is going to cost you a neg rep, dont hate on my Buckeyes. jk ;)

Bearcat
12-06-2009, 09:08 PM
I like what Saban said about the media wanting to create a David and a Goliath for every game, and how the media is basically setting up a thrilling storyline considering there's a good chance it'll be closer than people expect... which is unfair to Alabama's coaches.

I agree that it's chickenshit to not put Iowa or GTech with BSU and TCU, but BSU/TCU should be good.

I'm interested in Oregon/Ohio State, which is weird to say.

CHENZ A!
12-06-2009, 09:43 PM
This was in SI, and is bullshit from the HBIC of the BCS.

http://ht.cdn.turner.com/si/danpatrick/audio/2009/11/18/DP-Bill_Hancock-11-18-09_Interview.mp3

Eat my poop, then poop out my poop then eat your own poop which is made up of your and my poop if repost.

Chiefs4TheWin
12-06-2009, 09:46 PM

100% agree. What a pussy move.

BigMeatballDave
12-06-2009, 09:51 PM

http://ht.cdn.turner.com/si/danpatrick/audio/2009/11/18/DP-Bill_Hancock-11-18-09_Interview.mp3

Eat my poop, then poop out my poop then eat your own poop which is made up of your and my poop if repost.Fuck that cock gobbler. :cuss:

Garcia Bronco
12-06-2009, 10:13 PM
Boise State should be glad they are even invited.

CHENZ A!
12-06-2009, 10:15 PM

I agree, but you shouldn't exclude a team from the BCS just due to gay ass mascot and uniform colors.

Bearcat
12-06-2009, 10:27 PM

Eat my poop, then poop out my poop then eat your own poop which is made up of your and my poop if repost.

If we create a playoff, players won't have the chance to hurt themselves on jet skis.

What a load of shit, and I always know it's a useless discussion when someone says something along the lines of "if you think the BCS is controversial, a playoff would be just as bad!" or "where do you draw the line?".... looking back on the BCS rankings, they always seem to drop off quite a bit after 8..... and even a plus one at this point would be great. There will always be a line, but good gawd, picking two... :shake:

The guy is so full of shit, does he even know what's coming out of his mouth? He's mentioned "getting rid of the bowls" 3 times. Did you not get what Patrick said the first 15 times? Ugh. And then he goes back to the "there's always someone left out", and then we're back to logistics.... what a mindless douche.

dirk digler
12-06-2009, 10:28 PM

You are fucking high

baitism
12-06-2009, 10:28 PM

Are you joking? Boise State has a typical WAC defense.

TCU is good on both sides of the ball.

dilligaf
12-06-2009, 10:41 PM

That's what Oklahoma thought a few years ago.

dilligaf
12-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Are you joking? Boise State has a typical WAC defense.

TCU is good on both sides of the ball.

Boise State gave them all they could handle last year.

Tits McGee
12-06-2009, 10:50 PM
Boise State vs. TCU = total BCS cop out.

Raiderhater
12-06-2009, 10:59 PM
I'm usually aginst government running things but they really should get involved with the BCS.

Wow, the idiots are out in en mass tonight.

vailpass
12-06-2009, 11:08 PM
Boise State vs. TCU = total BCS cop out.

Why do you people (not just you Tits) think the BCS selects bowl match-ups? It is the individual bowls who select match-ups according to a rotating schedule once the mandatory teams are assigned .

Here in Phoenix sports talk radio has been saying all week that the Fiesta would take Boise-TCU because they wanted a contest of undefeateds and figured/hoped the two teams would travel as well as the big-name schools.
Bowls aren't into conspiracy or sabotage they are motivated solely by getting teams that will keep them relevant, bring in tourist $ and sponsorship revenue.

SoCalBronco
12-06-2009, 11:09 PM
The Gator Bowl is chickenshit.

vailpass
12-06-2009, 11:10 PM
The important thing here is that my Hawkeyes got a BCS bid. Miami here I come. I hope to heaven this one turns out better than the last time we played in the Orange Bowl.

Skip Towne
12-06-2009, 11:15 PM
Why do you people (not just you Tits) think the BCS selects bowl match-ups? It is the individual bowls who select match-ups according to a rotating schedule once the mandatory teams are assigned .

Here in Phoenix sports talk radio has been saying all week that the Fiesta would take Boise-TCU because they wanted a contest of undefeateds and figured the two teams would travel as well as the big-name schools.
Bowls aren't into conspiracy or sabotage they are motivated solely by getting teams that will keep them relevant, bring in tourist $ and sponsorship revenue.

So why don't the bowls like Missouri? Is it their fans?

Garcia Bronco
12-06-2009, 11:16 PM
That's what Oklahoma thought a few years ago.

This is based on the assumption that Oklahoma was good to begin with. They couldn't hang in the SEC. Probably the Big East though and maybe the Big Ten or the ACC.

Garcia Bronco
12-06-2009, 11:18 PM

Here in Phoenix sports talk radio has been saying all week that the Fiesta would take Boise-TCU because they wanted a contest of undefeateds and figured the two teams would travel as well as the big-name schools.

This.

The BCS is only designed to play number 1 vs number 2....that's happening again this year, IMO.

vailpass
12-06-2009, 11:19 PM

I didn't know the bowls don't like Mizzou. Obviously the bowls want high-profile teams whose fans are known to travel well. That translates into high tv ratings which translate into ad revenue and tourist $$.

Skip Towne
12-06-2009, 11:29 PM
I didn't know the bowls don't like Mizzou. Obviously the bowls want high-profile teams whose fans are known to travel well. That translates into high tv ratings which translate into ad revenue and tourist $$.

Have you noticed MU keeps getting passed over for lesser teams?

veist
12-07-2009, 12:13 AM
Fiesta passed on Cincy twice... I think they just didn't want Cincy and the alternatives to Boise were Cincy or Virginia Tech essentially. Sugar only took Cincy because they had to take them, everyone that had choices passed on Cincy at least once.

Frazod
12-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Have you noticed MU keeps getting passed over for lesser teams?

Kansas is a lesser team. What bowl are they going to?

BigMeatballDave
12-07-2009, 12:24 AM
I agree, but you shouldn't exclude a team from the BCS just due to gay ass mascot and uniform colors.ROFL:clap:

BigMeatballDave
12-07-2009, 12:25 AM
Boise State should be glad they are even invited.:rolleyes: Yeah, because the last Fiesta Bowl they played in was boring and considered one of the worst ever...

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Kansas is a lesser team. What bowl are they going to?

ROFLROFL

FD
12-07-2009, 01:09 AM
Fiesta passed on Cincy twice... I think they just didn't want Cincy and the alternatives to Boise were Cincy or Virginia Tech essentially. Sugar only took Cincy because they had to take them, everyone that had choices passed on Cincy at least once.

They probably didn't want Cincy because they worried there would be low ticket sales. Boise and TCU are closer, Boise fans have fond Fiesta bowl memories, and this way they get to host two undefeated teams. I think thats the plain answer, not that "BCS is chickenshit." Note: I'm not defending the current system, just Fiesta bowl's selection.

KCChiefsMan
12-07-2009, 01:53 AM
I will never be into college football all that much, outside of KU, until they get a playoff system. the BCS is the gayest thing ever

Saulbadguy
12-07-2009, 08:10 AM
I will never be into college football all that much, outside of KU, until they get a playoff system. the BCS is the gayest thing ever

Translation: I will only like KU football when they are good.

kepp
12-07-2009, 08:26 AM
The Fiesta bowl made that decision, probably thinking its the best game.

And, from a ratings/tickets standpoint, it probably is. That's gonna sellout fast.

kepp
12-07-2009, 08:28 AM

Has anyone told them the field is going to be green though?

Saulbadguy
12-07-2009, 08:29 AM
Why do you people (not just you Tits) think the BCS selects bowl match-ups?

New to the whole college football thing.

kepp
12-07-2009, 08:35 AM

You know, I started to get caught up in all the "we're being snubbed again" talk, but the fact is, until we build a program that gets the benefit of the doubt (OU, UT, UF, OSU, etc.), we shouldn't be surprised by bowl snubs. If we would have taken care of business on the field this year, it wouldn't have mattered.

stormtrooper
12-07-2009, 10:46 AM
All i have to say is GO BLUE!! BCS is pussies cause wed beat another big school again. but hell ya TCU and BOISE STATE will be the best game in the bowl series. Being a Boise fan those bullfrogs are pretty good. im excited but it will be a challenge

vailpass
12-07-2009, 10:51 AM
All i have to say is GO BLUE!! BCS is pussies cause wed beat another big school again. but hell ya TCU and BOISE STATE will be the best game in the bowl series. Being a Boise fan those bullfrogs are pretty good. im excited but it will be a challenge

ROFL How cute.

DaKCMan AP
12-07-2009, 10:55 AM

ROFL How cute.

stormtrooper
12-07-2009, 10:59 AM
Kellen Moore..look it up

vailpass
12-07-2009, 11:02 AM

Hey man, how was your wedding? Do you think the Gators will be up for the Sugar Bowl or will they be so bummed at not playing for the NC they mail it in like 'Bama did last year?

vailpass
12-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Kellen Moore..look it up

Kids table...look it up.

bobbything
12-07-2009, 11:04 AM
This.

The BCS is only designed to play number 1 vs number 2....that's happening again this year, IMO.
Therein lies the flaw. It's only your opinion. If there were a playoff, opinions wouldn't make any difference.

stormtrooper
12-07-2009, 11:05 AM
why do they consistantly beat the big schools? Peterson is a good coach

dilligaf
12-07-2009, 11:09 AM
why do they consistantly beat the big schools? Peterson is a good coach

Why does no one want to play them?

Boise_Chief
12-07-2009, 11:13 AM
Get used to the Broncos, they'll be back next year. Only 4 or 5 seniors this year. Fewest in the FBS. I think this will be the best bowl game this year.

I do not expect a blowout in either direction. Actually I look forward to the games against better schools. Watching them dominate by 40 pts each week just gives me time to get loaded in the 2nd half. I think I'll try to get tix and go down to support them.

Boise_Chief
12-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Why does no one want to play them?

Who wants a loss to a "small" school. there is no return if you win and if you lose you just hurt your BCS bid.

dilligaf
12-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Who wants a loss to a "small" school. there is no return if you win and if you lose you just hurt your BCS bid.

It was more of a sarcastic remark.

CaliforniaChief
12-07-2009, 11:19 AM
Boise State doesn't fit into the nice neat package the BCS wants everyone to buy.

Boise_Chief
12-07-2009, 11:20 AM
Just trying to lay it out for the retarded denver fan. Kids table... What a joke you don't lead the nation because you are lucky.

stormtrooper
12-07-2009, 11:23 AM
We beat OU with Zabransky! Def not the greatest Boise St. QB

vailpass
12-07-2009, 11:24 AM
Just trying to lay it out for the retarded denver fan. Kids table... What a joke you don't lead the nation because you are lucky.

:D You continue to roar little tiger! Smurf turf FTW!!

stormtrooper
12-07-2009, 11:28 AM
:D You continue to roar little tiger! Smurf turf FTW!!

as usual the jealousy of Boise State success has angered the people who gather in small groups and complain..:rolleyes:

Boise_Chief
12-07-2009, 11:29 AM
QB rating of 167.3 for the SEASON not one game. Everyone can have a good game. The kid is special.

stormtrooper
12-07-2009, 11:31 AM
im sorry we have someone to root for when our chiefs suck ass

baitism
12-07-2009, 12:41 PM
Boise State gave them all they could handle last year.

That was last year. Boise State got worse and TCU got better.

DaKCMan AP
12-07-2009, 12:44 PM
Hey man, how was your wedding? Do you think the Gators will be up for the Sugar Bowl or will they be so bummed at not playing for the NC they mail it in like 'Bama did last year?

The wedding I attended was a blast, despite the SECCG loss. I hope the Gators show up. I think our senior leadership (25 seniors) won't allow them to pull a Bama from a year ago. Cincinnati is good, though, so it'll be a tough game anyway.

Gravedigger
12-07-2009, 12:50 PM
Cmon Cincy, beat Florida and bring us pride!

vailpass
12-07-2009, 12:54 PM
The wedding I attended was a blast, despite the SECCG loss. I hope the Gators show up. I think our senior leadership (25 seniors) won't allow them to pull a Bama from a year ago. Cincinnati is good, though, so it'll be a tough game anyway.

Yeah I tend to think Tebow and co. won't want to go out on a losing note. Tehy know they will have to bring it or Cinci can beat them. I hope that is the case. It was pathetic to see Bama giving 50% effort last year, you could tell they didn't want to be there.

Glad to hear your wedding was good. Did they step on the glass or was it a goy affair?

DaKCMan AP
12-07-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah I tend to think Tebow and co. won't want to go out on a losing note. Tehy know they will have to bring it or Cinci can beat them. I hope that is the case. It was pathetic to see Bama giving 50% effort last year, you could tell they didn't want to be there.

Glad to hear your wedding was good. Did they step on the glass or was it a goy affair?

Hah, it was a Catholic wedding.

vailpass
12-07-2009, 12:58 PM
Hah, it was a Catholic wedding.

Ah yes, my tribe not yours. Was it the short version or the full-on mass? I'm guessing the drinks were in plenty, the food was good and every third woman you met was named Marie.

veist
12-07-2009, 01:08 PM

I'm honestly of the opinion that TCU could be the best team in the nation. Made it a point to watch them this year. It would surprise me if they don't find a way to beat Boise as they have been playing some really impressive football this season.

DaKCMan AP
12-07-2009, 01:09 PM
Ah yes, my tribe not yours. Was it the short version or the full-on mass? I'm guessing the drinks were in plenty, the food was good and every third woman you met was named Marie.

Full mass. Drinks on the bus back from the church to the reception. 1hr cocktail hour, 4hr reception. Open bar. Then after party at a piano bar following the reception. Despite the Florida loss, most of us were feeling very happy that evening. ;)

KC native
12-07-2009, 01:11 PM
I'm honestly of the opinion that TCU could be the best team in the nation. Made it a point to watch them this year. It would surprise me if they don't find a way to beat Boise as they have been playing some really impressive football this season.

I think we'll (TCU) handle Boise St easily. We've beat them last year and we are a much better team this year. I really wanted the Sugar Bowl match up with Florida but oh well.

Garcia Bronco
12-07-2009, 01:53 PM
:rolleyes: Yeah, because the last Fiesta Bowl they played in was boring and considered one of the worst ever...

Its not even the same team. Their conference sucks....should be D2...and frankly they shouldn't have gotten an invite to begin with.

Chiefnj2
12-07-2009, 01:55 PM
I think we'll (TCU) handle Boise St easily. We've beat them last year and we are a much better team this year. I really wanted the Sugar Bowl match up with Florida but oh well.

TCU could beat Florida, Cincy not as much.

Boise_Chief
12-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Its not even the same team. Their conference sucks....should be D2...and frankly they shouldn't have gotten an invite to begin with.

Awwh you're just pissed that you stole our mascot and colors and can't duplicate the winning percentage. Take your sour grapes back to donkey land.

vailpass
12-07-2009, 02:30 PM

Don't forget the blue turf. A blue football field for the love of God. Do they have a basketball team and if so is the ball red-white-blue?

Boise_Chief
12-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Don't forget the blue turf. A blue football field for the love of God. Do they have a basketball team and if so is the ball red-white-blue?

Nope but it'd be cooler if they did.

dilligaf
12-07-2009, 03:32 PM

TCU is definitely better this year and I think they will win. But BSU is not worse. They beat the PAC-10 champs and are ranked 6th overall. They have the #1 offense and the top ranked QB. This is a very decent team. I doubt you have even watched a game. I've seen every BSU game that I can get to. I was at the last Fiesta Bowl they played in and I will be at this game. Your arguments don't hold water.

Jilly
12-07-2009, 03:41 PM
TCU is definitely better this year and I think they will win. But BSU is not worse. They beat the PAC-10 champs and are ranked 6th overall. They have the #1 offense and the top ranked QB. This is a very decent team. I doubt you have even watched a game. I've seen every BSU game that I can get to. I was at the last Fiesta Bowl they played in and I will be at this game. Your arguments don't hold water.

Yeah, well, TCU will be still beat them whether you're there to watch or not!!! ;)

dilligaf
12-07-2009, 03:46 PM
Yeah, well, TCU will be still beat them whether you're there to watch or not!!! ;)

Not with ME cheering them on JILLY!:cuss: