PDA

View Full Version : NFL Draft Rumors fly that Tebow-to-Jags a done deal

smittysbar
12-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Rumors fly that Tebow-to-Jags is a done deal

Posted by Mike Florio on December 8, 2009 9:30 PM ET

We've been critical of the Jaguars for letting the rain forest cat out of the bag regarding their desire to salvage a financially shipwrecked franchise by landing Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.

By making their interest in Tebow obvious, the Jags are risking that someone will trade up to one spot in front of Jacksonville in order to secure his rights.

As it turns out, it's possible that the Jags don't have to worry about another team cutting line.

There's a rumor making the rounds that a wink-nod-sneeze-fart arrangement has been made to ensure that Tebow will be on the board when the Jags pick in round one -- and that no one will trade up to get in position to draft him.

The goal would be to help the Jaguars regain financial viability in Jacksonville via a run on the box office following Tebow's arrival. And that would go a long way toward killing the concept of the Jags becoming the L.A. Leopards or the London Shaguars.

Any such agreement, of course, would constitute collusion, a blatant violation of the labor deal between the NFL and the union. And it likely would be impossible to prove the existence of a "Magic Johnson in the '92 All-Star Game" understanding (yeah, I used to follow other sports) that the other 31 teams will step aside and give the Jags a free run at Tebow.

Still, that's the rumor.

Ebolapox
12-08-2009, 09:28 PM
yeah, sure. tebag is worth a first rounder. ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-08-2009, 09:28 PM
"He shall save us with his eternal and lasting love".

Hammock Parties
12-08-2009, 09:31 PM
David Garrard > Tim Tebow.

MoreLemonPledge
12-08-2009, 09:33 PM
yeah, sure. tebag is worth a first rounder. ROFL

As a player, maybe not. But look what Reggie Bush did for the Saints when they drafted him. He hasn't done shit, but his presence helped the team go from being the next to be moved to having a fanbase that fully supports them.

Ebolapox
12-08-2009, 09:33 PM
I'll say it. matt cassel>tim tebow :spock:

ROFL

yeah, I just sent this thread over 100 posts.

notorious
12-08-2009, 09:34 PM
"He shall save us with his eternal and lasting love".

Has he died for our sins and rose again yet?

Ebolapox
12-08-2009, 09:35 PM
Has he died for our sins and rose again yet?

he's not aaron curry, dude. get it straight.

notorious
12-08-2009, 09:35 PM
I'll say it. matt cassel>tim tebow :spock:

ROFL

yeah, I just sent this thread over 100 posts.

Possibly a coin flip on that one.

100 posts? Fuck this thing is going to 200 with that statement ROFL

Mr. Flopnuts
12-08-2009, 09:36 PM
LMAO NBC execs read this and thought "We bought this guy out?"

notorious
12-08-2009, 09:37 PM
he's not aaron curry, dude. get it straight.

Damnit. Jesus Curry dies for our sins and his father Tim Tebow created the Earth in 6 days.

That would be the Father, the Son, so who would be the Holy Ghost?

Dottefan
12-08-2009, 09:37 PM
If it fails...he can always start up a chain of bible themed fast food restaurants.

cdcox
12-08-2009, 09:39 PM
The Chiefs should draft Tebow and hold him hostage from Jacksonville until the league puts enough pressure on the Jets to deal us Sanchez.

Ebolapox
12-08-2009, 09:39 PM
Damnit. Jesus Curry dies for our sins and his father Tim Tebow created the Earth in 6 days.

That would be the Father, the Son, so who would be the Holy Ghost?

mark sanchez is the holy ghost (considering his performance this year)

fuck. mentioning him just sent it over 300 posts. :)

cdcox
12-08-2009, 09:40 PM

****. mentioning him just sent it over 300 posts. :)

Slow poke.

RJ
12-08-2009, 09:41 PM
If it fails...he can always start up a chain of bible themed fast food restaurants.

Tebow's Southern Barbecue. He's not a fast food quarterback.

RealSNR
The Seahawks should draft Tebow. That way they could have Jesus and his #1 fan play on the same team

Ebolapox
Slow poke.

yeah, I saw that. well played.

notorious
12-08-2009, 09:42 PM

****. mentioning him just sent it over 300 posts. :)

Bwhaaaaaa ahaaaaa ahahahahahahahahaha!

Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL

kstater
12-08-2009, 09:42 PM
the Jags are risking that someone will trade up to one spot in front of Jacksonville in order to secure his rights.

ROFL

Dottefan
12-08-2009, 09:43 PM

No..I`m pretty sure he`s a McRib type of guy.

Ebolapox
12-08-2009, 09:45 PM
No..I`m pretty sure he`s a McRib type of guy.

ROFL

that was just subtle enough that it made me think for all of a second to get it. well played and rep.

KCUnited
12-08-2009, 09:46 PM
Maybe an extension of a popular chain. T.G.I.F.F.

Thank God Its Fish Fridays.

smittysbar
12-08-2009, 09:46 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2009/01/01TebowPlane.jpg

Mr. Flopnuts
12-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Tebow's Salem Fried Chicken Shack.

Ebolapox
12-08-2009, 09:49 PM
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/deadspin/2009/01/01TebowPlane.jpg

tim tebow just flew in from florida. boy, are his arms tired!

it's just as well that nobody mentioned his horrible throwing motion and/or mechanics in the aftermath of flying from florida. it would tear the whole system down.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-08-2009, 09:50 PM
"And he came upon a field of grass, beset at all sides from followers near and far". "And he did raiseth his outstretched arms to the sky, the Word of the Lord in one hand, the skin of the swine in another, and he cried out for all to hear; I AM HE, THE SERVANT OF THE LORD THY GOD, AND I HAVE COME TO LEAD YE' TO THE PROMISED LAND"!

"And a Great Cry did come forth from the assembled masses, and they asked of him; 'how will you do this, O Son of Man"?
"And he did reply; YE' SHALL FOLLOW ME TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH DURING THE TIME OF NO BATTLE, AND ASSIST ME IN BRINGING THE WORD OF THE LORD THY GOD TO THE HEATHENS AND INFIDELS"!

"And the crowd did gaze upon Him, and upon each other, and did reply as One Voice":
"FUCK YOU ASSHOLE, WE'LL FIND SOMEONE ELSE"!

And they all went home, got drunk, and fucked each other in the ass.

The End.

notorious
12-08-2009, 09:52 PM
"And he came upon a field of grass, beset at all sides from followers near and far". "And he did raiseth his outstretched arms to the sky, the Word of the Lord in one hand, the skin of the swine in another, and he cried out for all to hear; I AM HE, THE SERVANT OF THE LORD THY GOD, AND I HAVE COME TO LEAD YE' TO THE PROMISED LAND"!

"And a Great Cry did come forth from the assembled masses, and they asked of him; 'how will you do this, O Son of Man"?
"And he did reply; YE' SHALL FOLLOW ME TO THE ENDS OF THE EARTH DURING THE TIME OF NO BATTLE, AND ASSIST ME IN BRINGING THE WORD OF THE LORD THY GOD TO THE HEATHENS AND INFIDELS"!

"And the crowd did gaze upon Him, and upon each other, and did reply as One Voice":
"**** YOU ASSHOLE, WE'LL FIND SOMEONE ELSE"!

And they all went home, got drunk, and ****ed each other in the ass.

The End.

That sermon would definately wake up the sleeping members of the congrigation (sp?).

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-08-2009, 09:56 PM
That sermon would definately wake up the sleeping members of the congrigation (sp?).

LMAO

ChiefsCountry
12-08-2009, 09:58 PM
Of course we all laugh but knowing our luck it will probably be the Chiefs who draft Tebow.

Dottefan
12-08-2009, 09:59 PM
Tim Tebow just went back in time and stopped the attack on Pearl Harbor...single handedly. What can`t this man do?

Dottefan
12-08-2009, 09:59 PM
ROFL

that was just subtle enough that it made me think for all of a second to get it. well played and rep.

Thank you....I`m trying

Bane
12-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Isn't Tebow kinda like Vince Young part 2,but the white version?
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Of course we all laugh but knowing our luck it will probably be the Chiefs who draft Tebow.

It would certainly put an end to many years of piss and frustration with the Chiefs on my end.

Ebolapox
12-08-2009, 10:01 PM
Tim Tebow just went back in time and stoped pearl harbor..what can`t this man do?

there is ONE thing tim tebow can't do. it's so major that it's hidden in spoiler tags so as to not offend the young and impressionable among the audience...

tim tebow can't fail jesus

KcMizzou
12-08-2009, 10:02 PM

notorious
12-08-2009, 10:03 PM
Isn't Tebow kinda like Vince Young part 2,but the white version?
Posted via Mobile Device

I never read about Vince Young turning people into salt pillars, creating the heavens and the Earth, or giving us his only begotten son, Jesus Curry.

Ebolapox
12-08-2009, 10:05 PM
I never read about Vince Young turning people into salt pillars, creating the heavens and the Earth, or giving us his only begotten son, Jesus Curry.

apparently tebow likes black chicks?

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-08-2009, 10:06 PM

Well now wait a minute; this puts the matter in a whole new perspective.:D

Spott
12-08-2009, 10:07 PM

If the Chiefs drafted him, I would officially drop the Chiefs and find a new team. Hopefully Pioli and Haley aren't retarded enough to draft the newer version of Eric Crouch.

notorious
12-08-2009, 10:07 PM

ROFL

RippedmyFlesh
12-08-2009, 10:12 PM
While they are at it they should hire gruden as coach since chucky likes him.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-08-2009, 10:17 PM
While they are at it they should hire gruden as coach since chucky likes him.

No shit. Chucky was slobbin' his knob all last year.

RippedmyFlesh
12-08-2009, 10:25 PM
No shit. Chucky was slobbin' his knob all last year.
The damn governor told the owner to pick tebow.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Florida-Governor-Protect-our-finest-natural-res?urn=nfl,207365

"Should they [draft Tebow]? I've actually talked to the ownership about that. I think it would be great," Crist said. [...]
"He's a great Floridian. He's much more a great human being than he is a quarterback in my humble opinion," Crist said.

If nothing else he knows QB's

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-08-2009, 10:28 PM
The damn governor told the owner to pick tebow.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Florida-Governor-Protect-our-finest-natural-res?urn=nfl,207365

"Should they [draft Tebow]? I've actually talked to the ownership about that. I think it would be great," Crist said. [...]
"He's a great Floridian. He's much more a great human being than he is a quarterback in my humble opinion," Crist said.

You have got to be fucking kidding me...\

"The Deal Is Done"!

RippedmyFlesh
12-08-2009, 10:30 PM
The article is funny.

"I'm sure the governor's right that Tebow is a great human being, but the next time an NFL team drafts someone because they're a great human being will be the first time. Gandhi was a great human being. If he were alive, though, he would not be on Mel Kiper's big board."

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-08-2009, 10:49 PM
The article is funny.

"I'm sure the governor's right that Tebow is a great human being, but the next time an NFL team drafts someone because they're a great human being will be the first time. Gandhi was a great human being. If he were alive, though, he would not be on Mel Kiper's big board."

Truth.:)

Brock
12-08-2009, 10:50 PM
They drafted Matt Jones in the first round, so why not?

RippedmyFlesh
12-08-2009, 11:13 PM
They drafted Matt Jones in the first round, so why not?
At least matt knew he was a wr no one has told tebow he's a fullback yet.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-08-2009, 11:14 PM

:LOL:

Mr. Flopnuts
12-09-2009, 12:59 AM

He could make more money as a traveling evangelist.

http://application.denofgeek.com/images/gb/sm/leap.jpg

googlegoogle
12-09-2009, 01:19 AM
Jags coach doesn't know offense.

CoMoChief
12-09-2009, 01:21 AM
So they're gonna "save" the franchise by doing the most dumbassed thing on earth????

Got it.

Well, I guess it won't matter when JAX moves to LA in the offseason.

Basileus777
12-09-2009, 01:29 AM
Oh Florio....

ROFL

The_Doctor10
12-09-2009, 04:55 AM
As a player, maybe not. But look what Reggie Bush did for the Saints when they drafted him. He hasn't done shit, but his presence helped the team go from being the next to be moved to having a fanbase that fully supports them.

Reggie is a dynamic weapon though. He can line up anywhere on the field and be a home run threat. Tebow doesn't have a great arm, he's not particularly accuracte, he's not lightning on turf like Reggie, and he can't make 10 guys miss and then run away from the 11th.

And the real reason the Saints matter is Brees; Bush was just a nice bonus. Hell, he wasn't even the best rookie on his team in 06; Colston was better by leaps and bounds.

BigMeatballDave
12-09-2009, 07:13 AM
The Chiefs should draft Tebow and hold him hostage from Jacksonville until the league puts enough pressure on the Lions to deal us Stafford.FYP

Molitoth
12-09-2009, 08:58 AM
L.A. Leopards or the London Shaguars

LOL

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2009, 06:11 PM
If the Chiefs drafted him, I would officially drop the Chiefs and find a new team. Hopefully Pioli and Haley aren't retarded enough to draft the newer version of Eric Crouch.

Comparing a player who has amassed 8,803 passing yards, 85 passing TDs, 16 interceptions and a 65.6 completion percentage to a player who totaled 4,481 passing yards, 29 passing TDs, 25 interceptions and a 51.5 completion percentage only shows your unobjective bias and contempt and is quite pathetic.

The Franchise
12-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Comparing a player who has amassed 8,803 passing yards, 85 passing TDs, 16 interceptions and a 65.6 completion percentage to a player who totaled 4,481 passing yards, 29 passing TDs, 25 interceptions and a 51.5 completion percentage only shows your unobjective bias and contempt and is quite pathetic.

Dude....Tebow is NOT an NFL QB. Give it a rest...

And you're more biased than anyone on this board when it comes to this subject matter.

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2009, 06:16 PM

And you're more biased than anyone on this board when it comes to this subject matter.

Please show me a single post I've ever made suggesting that Tebow will be a successful NFL QB? Find one. Please.

Regardless of whether he pans out or not he is a MUCH better QB than Eric Crouch ever was and will have more of an opportunity to be a NFL QB than Eric Crouch was ever provided.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-09-2009, 06:16 PM

Thing is, you KNEW this was coming. I'm just glad another National Title won't be prolonging it.

DaKCMan AP
12-09-2009, 06:18 PM
Thing is, you KNEW this was coming. I'm just glad another National Title won't be prolonging it.

Prolonging what? Again, show me where I state Tebow will be a good NFL QB. Another Championship or not, Tebow was, is, and will be an astronomically better QB than Eric Crouch. The comparison isn't justified.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-09-2009, 06:20 PM
Prolonging what? Again, show me where I state Tebow will be a good NFL QB. Another Championship or not, Tebow was, is, and will be an astronomically better QB than Eric Crouch. The comparison isn't justified.

I didn't mean to imply you exclusively, I meant overall etc.

KCrockaholic
12-09-2009, 08:04 PM
Tebow? The Jags will do anything takes to draft Tebow. Believe it.

Based on what?

Your conjecture?

No thanks.

Wayne Weaver wants to sell the team, not keep it.

Regardless, Jax is 4-4 at this point. The season is far from over.

Posted: 11/15/09

Only time will tell.

Just wanted to say, I already called it.