PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Another Mock draft

Frankie
12-10-2009, 11:54 AM
But it makes no sense.

Mock draft: Awards show why Suh is NFL’s likely first overall pick
SportingNews
11 hours, 33 minutes ago

Postseason awards are piling up, and Nebraska’s Ndamukong Suh added to his collection Wednesday when he received the Lombardi Award as the nation’s top lineman. He already has the Butkus Award as top defensive player and is a finalist for the Heisman Trophy, a rare feat for a defensive tackle.

Sporting News’ War Room Scouts project Suh as the No. 1 overall pick in April’s NFL Draft. At this point, the question is who will follow Suh in the selection order.

We have your answer here—in SN’s latest mock draft. The War Room is evaluating hundreds of college football seniors and underclassmen who are expected to jump to the NFL after this season. In addition to the latest mock draft, scouts rank top players in their latest Super 99.

There’s a major surprise in the War Room’s No. 2 pick—Washington quarterback Jake Locker. As a result, there’s a shakeup at the top of the draft projections.

Here’s the War Room’ latest top 16 picks for the 2010 NFL draft. Projected order of selection is based on current standings or via trade. *—underclassman.

1. Cleveland Browns: Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska To improve their defense, the Browns must start with the defensive line. Suh is a versatile defender who could play either end spot in their 3-4 scheme.

2. St. Louis Rams: Jake Locker*, QB, Washington The Rams need a quarterback. Locker isn’t the best prospect in the draft, in our opinion, but Rams officials have a history of focusing more on a player’s athleticism and pre-draft workouts instead of game film. Taking Locker this high would be a huge gamble.

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Dez Bryant*, WR, Oklahoma State If QB Josh Freeman(notes) is to develop quickly, he needs more weapons. WR Antonio Bryant(notes) is scheduled to be a free agent, so using a high pick on a receiver like Bryant would give the team insurance and a receiver with game-changing talent.

4. Detroit Lions: Russell Okung, T, Oklahoma State LT Jeff Backus(notes) is not an elite blocker, and the Lions should invest in the line to keep franchise QB Matthew Stafford(notes) from being pounded into the turf.

5. Washington Redskins: Trent Williams, T, OklahomaNo one knows if LT Chris Samuels(notes) will play again, and even if he does the Redskins’ right tackle spot is unsettled. Williams could start on the right side as a rookie and then move over after Samuels retires.

6. Kansas City Chiefs: Joe Haden*, CB, FloridaCB Brandon Flowers(notes) is the real deal at one spot, but the Chiefs need a top cornerback opposite him. Haden has the physical tools, instincts and playmaking ability to become a top-notch NFL cornerback.

7. Buffalo Bills: Sergio Kindle, DE, TexasThe Bills have a bunch of try-hard pass rushers but lack an elite, explosive guy who can change games. Kindle has the talent to be a top pass rusher from an end alignment or as strong-side linebacker.

8. Oakland Raiders: Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia TechThe Raiders traded for DE Richard Seymour(notes) to upgrade their pass rush. He has helped, but they need more talent along the line. Morgan is a top-level athlete with great strength to make an impact early in his career.

9. Seattle Seahawks: Gerald McCoy*, DT, OklahomaDTs Brandon Mebane(notes) and Colin Cole(notes) are solid, but neither is a game-changer. McCoy has the physical talent to be an impact player who consistently disrupts plays in the backfield against the run and pass.

10. Denver Broncos: Rob Gronkowski*, TE, Arizona (from Chicago) Coach Josh McDaniels learned much about the NFL from Bill Belichick, who places a premium on tight end play. Gronkowski has the receiving and blocking skills to be an elite all-around tight end, assuming his back problems subside.

11. San Francisco 49ers: Mike Iupati, G, IdahoThe offensive line must get more consistent and physical to make the Niners a better running team. Iupati has the talent to start at right tackle or guard as a rookie.

12. Houston Texans: Jon Asamoah, G, Illinois The Texans drafted Antoine Caldwell(notes) in 2009 to begin upgrading the interior line. Adding Asamoah would give them another young and athletic blocker to turn a team weakness into a strength.

13. San Francisco 49ers: Thaddeus Gibson*, OLB, Ohio State (from Carolina) The 49ers have struggled to pressure the quarterback because Parys Haralson(notes) is not playing as well as he did in 2008 and Manny Lawson(notes) never has developed as a pass rusher. The team should not pass on the chance to the explosive and athletic Gibson.

14. Tennessee Titans: Brandon Spikes, ILB, Florida MLB Stephen Tulloch(notes) is solid, but Spikes is an athletic, playmaker who would be an upgrade.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Eric Berry*, CB, Tennessee
The Steelers’ secondary has a lot of problems, and Berry has the athleticism and versatility to start as a rookie at cornerback or safety.

16. Atlanta Falcons: Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State It seems the Falcons have been searching for a solution at cornerback all season. Robinson is athletic and smart and should contribute as a nickel back, at the least, as a rookie.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-mockdraftawardsshoww&prov=tsn&type=lgns

El Jefe
12-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Please no.

Ebolapox
12-10-2009, 11:59 AM
that's retarded. you're retarded.

(eric berry isn't a cornerback. and we sure as hell aren't taking a cornerback at number six)

keg in kc
12-10-2009, 12:01 PM
Brandon Flowers is the real deal, so we're going to draft a second.

What kind of logic is that?

talastan
12-10-2009, 12:05 PM
All I've got to say is if we pass on Berry if he falls to us, it better be for a position of need or the absolute BPA at the position because IMO we are perfectly fine at corner, safety is where we're getting burned!! That and at the LB position. Otherwise OL.

suds79
12-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Not safety, not O-line, not a NT, not a pass rusher. . Lets go CB where we're surprisingly decent. :shake:

Mile High Mania
12-10-2009, 12:09 PM
If Denver takes a TE at that spot... nut hooks.

Frankie
12-10-2009, 12:12 PM
that's retarded. you're retarded.

(eric berry isn't a cornerback. and we sure as hell aren't taking a cornerback at number six)

Read my comment before you expose your small brain, Einstein.

Frankie
12-10-2009, 12:13 PM
All I've got to say is if we pass on Berry if he falls to us, it better be for a position of need or the absolute BPA at the position because IMO we are perfectly fine at corner, safety is where we're getting burned!! That and at the LB position. Otherwise OL.

Totally agree.

Ebolapox
12-10-2009, 12:14 PM
Read my comment before you expose your small brain, Einstein.

sarcasm meter broken?!?

The Franchise
12-10-2009, 12:15 PM
Holy shitty mock draft Batman!

Frankie
12-10-2009, 12:16 PM
sarcasm meter broken?!?

I saw no indication of sarcasm in your post. Just an unnecessary personal attack.

Ebolapox
12-10-2009, 12:17 PM
I saw no indication of sarcasm in your post. Just an unnecessary personal attack.

the blatant redundant use of 'retarded' twice in two sentences, both of which were only two words apiece, is classic CP smartass sarcasm.

an old trick I picked of from UP.

Mr. Laz
12-10-2009, 12:18 PM
gronkowski and Iupati that high??

HerculesRockefell
12-10-2009, 12:49 PM
If Denver takes a TE at that spot... nut hooks.

Only pick worse than that is probably a LT.

God, he has Eric Berry going at #15 and no McLain in the top half the 1st, both players where Denver should use about 10 seconds of their alloted time if they're on the board at Denver's spot.

DumbHillbillies
12-10-2009, 12:54 PM
This mock draft is sh*t

bevischief
12-10-2009, 01:21 PM
He must not have watch them play this year...

This is crap.

Bane
12-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Goddamn!! I think Matt Millen could do better than this horseshit!
Posted via Mobile Device

HotRoute
12-10-2009, 01:28 PM
this person needs to wipe the wet paint around their nose and mouth and come back to reality we do not need a corner and this mock draft is a mockery and was a waste of my time reading

Rasputin
12-10-2009, 02:15 PM
Can Joe Haden play QB, RG, LG, C, RT, WR, LB, DT ????

WildTurkey
12-10-2009, 03:27 PM
wow I thought Brandon Carr was a good 2nd corner... I guess not :rolleyes:

DJ's left nut
12-10-2009, 03:31 PM
Wow.

That may be the worst mock I've ever seen.

Just so I'm clear - the likely #1 rated QB in the draft class isn't going in the top 15? The Bills are going to reach for Sergio Kindle instead of take advantage of the gift that just fell in their laps?

I've pretty well resigned myself to the fact that we wouldn't be nearly bright/forward thinking enough to draft a QB, but there's no way the Bills would let him get past.

OnTheWarpath15
12-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Two guards in the Top 12?

That's fucking hilarious.

SDChiefs
12-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Are people this stupid? The CB is the least of our worries.

Crush
12-10-2009, 04:23 PM
The guy who made his draft must have sniffed glue as a child.

This draft should be posted in the EPIC FAIL thread.