PDA

View Full Version : Misc Damn it's nice

Over-Head
12-10-2009, 05:13 PM
To turn the tables on a General Contractor every now and then.
Had a nifty chat with a home owner today, wondering why "I" am the one over a month behind on thier custom home only to be half way through explaining when said General Contractor " came through the door.

Couldn't have happened at a better time in my explination either.

..."So you see Mr & Mrs. Smith (Fake name) when your general contractor told me he still didn't have my 3 week over due invoice payment ready and gave me the excuse that.." I couldn't get paid for COMPLEATING my job, because "HE" didn't get a deposit on a job he has yet to start for cilent so and so" I kinda descided that until he made good on the $9000.00 and change he owed me I wouldn't come back for a while.
And not to take it personally that my laywers had started papedrwork to push a lien on thier NEW yet unfinished home this afternoon.

When I left the GC was trying to calm a rather distraught home onwer who had 50 odd thousand of thier money already, cabnits were being delievered tomorrow, and now the whole damn house of cards was falling apart quite rapidly.

I love my work, but holly sh*t do I hate chasing dirt bag contractors who pay what they want, when they even IF it's in writing. And it's always at the last 2/3 stage when it falls apart.

DEN 44 KC 13
12-10-2009, 05:14 PM
44-13ROFL