View Full Version : NFL Draft Mock Draft lol

journeyscarab
12-10-2009, 07:29 PM
1. Cleveland Browns: Jimmy Clausen QB Notre Dame
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska
3. St. Louis Rams: Jake Locker QB Washington
4. Detroit Lions: Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma
5. Kansas City Chiefs: Eric Berry S Tennessee
6. Washington Redskins: Russell Okung OT Oklahoma St.
7. Buffalo Bills: Rolando McClain ILB Alabama
8. Oakland Raiders: Bruce Campbell OT Maryland
9. Denver Broncos (From Bears): Joe Haden CB Florida
10. San Francisco 49ers: Taylor Mays S USC
11. Seattle Seahawks: Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas
12. San Francisco 49ers: Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa
13. Houston Texans: Earl Thomas S Texas
14. Tennessee Titans: Derrick Morgan DE Georgia Tech
15. Pittsbutgh Steelers: Ras-I Dowling S/CB Virginia
16. New York Jets: Donovan Warren CB Michigan
17. Atlanta Falcons: Dez Bryant WR Oklahoma St.
18. Miami Dolphins: Terrance Cody NT Alabama
19. Balimore Ravens: Golden Tate WR Notre Dame
20. New York Giants: Brandon Spikes ILB Florida
21. Jacksonville Jaguars: Tim Tebow QB Florida
22. New England Patriots: Jerry Hughes DE TCU
23. Green Bay Packers: Brandon Ghee CB Wake Forest
24. Dallas Cowboys: Carlos Dunlap DE Florida
25. Philadelphia Eagles: Everson Griffen DE USC
26. Seattle Seahawks: C.J Spiller RB Clemson
27. Arizona Cardinals: Anthony Davis OT Rutgers
28. Cincinnati Bengals: Brandon LaFell WR LSU
29. San Diego Chargers: Kareem Jackson CB Alabama
30. Minnesota Vikings: Travis Lewis LB Oklahoma
31. Indianapolis Colts: Joseph Barksdale OT LSU
32. New Orleans Saints: Sean Witherspoon OLB Missouri

Chiefs next two picks

2. Jason Fox OT Miami

3. Jahvid Best RB California

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2009, 07:30 PM
I love our pick! I don't think the Browns are that stupid. LMAO

DeezNutz
12-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Safety in the top 5? Yeah, that's smart.

We're not winning shit unless we fix the o-line.

journeyscarab
12-10-2009, 07:32 PM
well i think they are, hire mangini and fire their GM in the middle of a season. I like Clausen though. Wish they would take Colt Hook em Horns baby

Fairplay
12-10-2009, 07:32 PM
Lets move down for more picks.

Then, let Mecca pick them.

KCrockaholic
12-10-2009, 07:36 PM
I would actually love it if our draft went that way... So you think we take Best in the 2nd?

BigMeatballDave
12-10-2009, 07:36 PM

We're not winning shit unless we fix the o-line.ROFL

journeyscarab
12-10-2009, 07:38 PM
we can fix o line in free agency. i would rather have a veteran playing o line than having us get burned every time on a deep pass play. we do need o line though. this years class isnt filled with ot talent

journeyscarab
12-10-2009, 07:39 PM
we actually need a 2nd back to help charles carry the load. and best is a good fit imo

DTLB58
12-10-2009, 07:41 PM

Well you can throw us drafting any Olinemen out the window then. :D

Plus, our whole draft and team will be traded to the Jets for Sanchez, or is that San-Chise.

Fairplay
12-10-2009, 07:41 PM
I would actually love it if our draft went that way... So you think we take Best in the 2nd?

On this forum, whoever we take it's going to be an upheaval of seismic proportion none the less.

Fairplay
12-10-2009, 07:42 PM
Well you can throw us drafting any Oline man out the window then. :D

Plus, our whole draft and team will be traded to the Jets for Sanchez, or is that San-Chise.

Plus, they will be all USC players.

DaneMcCloud
12-10-2009, 07:45 PM
we can fix o line in free agency. i would rather have a veteran playing o line than having us get burned every time on a deep pass play. we do need o line though. this years class isnt filled with ot talent

Really? Really.

Why don't you go ahead and make a list of the offensive lineman in 2010 that will be available to "fix" the offensive line.

Saul Good
12-10-2009, 07:51 PM
That's the most reasonable-looking draft projection I have seen so far this year.

Coogs
12-10-2009, 07:58 PM
Really? Really.

Why don't you go ahead and make a list of the offensive lineman in 2010 that will be available to "fix" the offensive line.

Okung in the 1st LT
Move Albert to LG
Tennant in the 3rd C
Iupati in the 2nd RG
Calloway in the 4th RT

Give it a year to gel... and you have your line.

Can't say I really like it either, but it would take care of the line.

journeyscarab
12-10-2009, 08:01 PM
what about waters you totally got rid of all the line. waters is the only actual decent one along with o callaghan and alleman

keg in kc
12-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Okung in the 1st LT
Move Albert to LG
Tennant in the 3rd C
Iupati in the 2nd RG
Calloway in the 4th RT

Can't say I really like it either, but it would take care of the line.4 linemen in the first 5 picks?

I think I'd eat a gun.

Brock
12-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Okung in the 1st LT
Move Albert to LG
Tennant in the 3rd C
Iupati in the 2nd RG
Calloway in the 4th RT

I bet you rule at Madden.

Saul Good
12-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Why does everybody want a safety? We had a talented safety. We didn't know how to use him, and we cut him. Let's get a new one. Sounds like a plan to me.

Coogs
12-10-2009, 08:21 PM
what about waters you totally got rid of all the line. waters is the only actual decent one along with o callaghan and alleman

Waters is old. And if you like Alleman and O'Callaghan, then we really don't need to fix the O-line anyway.

Coogs
12-10-2009, 08:21 PM
4 linemen in the first 5 picks?

I think I'd eat a gun.

I didn't say I really liked the idea. But it could be done.

Crush
12-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Okung in the 1st LT
Move Albert to LG
Tennant in the 3rd C
Iupati in the 2nd RG
Calloway in the 4th RT

If it went down like that, this place would fucking explode. CP would no longer exist, as the remnants of this once-proud site would fly within the ergosphere of lost dreams and hopes.

Mecca
12-10-2009, 08:40 PM
I don't like Jahvid Best at all when projecting to the next level...

Mr. Laz
12-10-2009, 08:48 PM

so we can select all the USC players?

no thanks

Mecca
12-10-2009, 08:51 PM
If we could select all the USC players our team would be a hell of a lot better than it is now..

I mean who would need guys like Brian Cushing.

Coogs
12-10-2009, 08:52 PM
If it went down like that, this place would fucking explode. CP would no longer exist, as the remnants of this once-proud site would fly within the ergosphere of lost dreams and hopes.

Get you a WR and a RB the next year, and you might have a Super Bowl caliber offense. Especially if this Cassel dude pans out.

Mr. Laz
12-10-2009, 08:53 PM
what about waters you totally got rid of all the line. waters is the only actual decent one along with o callaghan and allemanwaters is holding on by a thread.

alleman can't stay healthy
o'callaghan is decent would be a good backup ... might be able to be good inside at guard.

i want a freakin center that doesn't suck!!!

LT
Albert
Center
O'Callaghan
RT

draft a couple of tackles?

Mecca
12-10-2009, 08:54 PM
To bad this is a shitty year for OT's.

DaneMcCloud
12-10-2009, 08:58 PM
Okung in the 1st LT
Move Albert to LG
Tennant in the 3rd C
Iupati in the 2nd RG
Calloway in the 4th RT

This list is short-sighted and ill-informed.

Albert stays at Left Tackle for at least one more year, period. Since his body has adjusted to his new weight, his play has dramatically improved. He plays very well in space and moving him to guard would not only be a waste, it would be an utter failure because he doesn't have the strength, nor does he play low enough to take on DT's and MLB's.

Darryl Harris should be starting at left guard NOW. If he's not starting their next year, someone deserves nuthooks. There is no reason to draft a left guard or move someone.

Center is a position of desperate need. The Chiefs should be able to grab a very good one with either second round pick.

Right guard? This team is LOADED with right guards. First and foremost, Colin Brown is the most talented right guard on the roster. Unless he can't recover from his preseason injury, he should be the starter on day one. Ndukwe and/or Alleman will back him up.

Right tackle is the second biggest need and they should be able to fill that with their late 2nd, early 3rd and maybe even the early 4th. O'Callaghan is nothing more than depth.

TWO offensive lineman need to be drafted. Not four.

Coogs
12-10-2009, 09:10 PM
Albert stays at Left Tackle for at least one more year, period. Since his body has adjusted to his new weight, his play has dramatically improved.

I re-watched the Denver game this afternoon. I saw the same thing. Albert looked very good in the run game. So-so in pass protection. In the first half, Denver only rushed right at Albert in the pass game once in the first half. blew right around him, and forced a bit of an early throw on a longer pass down the right side that was overthrown. Every other pass in the first half, the DE basically just held the point of attack like he was staying home for a reverse or something.

In the second half, the second INT by Cassel was on Albert. Got pushed right back into Cassel and forced the high throw.

And in the 4th quarter, and the 11:51 mark, he had another holding penalty on a long pass to Wade that was INC, so the penalty was declined.

Good run blocker. Not so much in the pass protection yet.

And for the 3rd time. I did not say I would draft all O-line. I just said the line could be fixed in the draft if they wanted.

TheGuardian
12-10-2009, 09:14 PM
I didn't say I really liked the idea. But it could be done.

No it cannot. You put 4 rookies on the offensive line in the NFL and you'll be scouring the waiver wire for your 5th QB by the 3rd week of the season.

This would be galactically stupid. You don't field offensive and defensive lines with rookies across the board and win in the NFL. And with no one to show them how to play, they just get their ass kicked each week, and their confidence goes into the shitter.

You can plug in rookies in the guard spots, but that's about as much as you're going to want to do. Second, you don't move Albert to left guard. Another stupid move. Drafting a few o-linemen is fine, but the draft is still a crap shoot, and you have to sign good free agents to immediately bolster a sub par unit.

DaneMcCloud
12-10-2009, 09:15 PM
I re-watched the Denver game this afternoon. I saw the same thing. Albert looked very good in the run game. So-so in pass protection. In the first half, Denver only rushed right at Albert in the pass game once in the first half. blew right around him, and forced a bit of an early throw on a longer pass down the right side that was overthrown. Every other pass in the first half, the DE basically just held the point of attack like he was staying home for a reverse or something.

In the second half, the second INT by Cassel was on Albert. Got pushed right back into Cassel and forced the high throw.

And in the 4th quarter, and the 11:51 mark, he had another holding penalty on a long pass to Wade that was INC, so the penalty was declined.

Good run blocker. Not so much in the pass protection yet.

And for the 3rd time. I did not say I would draft all O-line. I just said the line could be fixed in the draft if they wanted.

Albert's pass protection was fine last year. Now that they've moved to zone blocking AND he's adjusting to the weight loss, he's had a few problems but in the long term, he should be just fine.

As for "fixed", that isn't the word I would use. "Addressed" would be more appropriate.

There's no guarantee that all four lineman (and a move by Albert) would pay dividends, short term or long term.

TheGuardian
12-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Albert's pass protection was fine last year. Now that they've moved to zone blocking AND he's adjusting to the weight loss, he's had a few problems but in the long term, he should be just fine.

As for "fixed", that isn't the word I would use. "Addressed" would be more appropriate.

There's no guarantee that all four lineman (and a move by Albert) would pay dividends, short term or long term.

This is correct. And that's a good way of putting it. Addressed? Yes. Fixed? Hell no.

Coogs
12-10-2009, 09:17 PM

Very true. As picking any other position may not pay dividends either.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2009, 09:19 PM
They should have drafted a center and right guard this year. For instance Jonathan Lugis and Duke Robinson. You could have gotten by with their learning curve for this year, and then next year's draft got your left guard and right tackle.

Coogs
12-10-2009, 09:19 PM
No it cannot. You put 4 rookies on the offensive line in the NFL and you'll be scouring the waiver wire for your 5th QB by the 3rd week of the season.

This would be galactically stupid. You don't field offensive and defensive lines with rookies across the board and win in the NFL. And with no one to show them how to play, they just get their ass kicked each week, and their confidence goes into the shitter.

You can plug in rookies in the guard spots, but that's about as much as you're going to want to do. Second, you don't move Albert to left guard. Another stupid move. Drafting a few o-linemen is fine, but the draft is still a crap shoot, and you have to sign good free agents to immediately bolster a sub par unit.

I didn't say anything about winning... or all of them starting for that matter.

ChiefsCountry
12-10-2009, 09:21 PM
So Laz wants a center but will he be butt hurt because the best one is from USC?

DaneMcCloud
12-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Very true. As picking any other position may not pay dividends either.

Yes but you run a greater risk of failure if you're drafting for need AND your drafting an entire position group.

The same could be said if the Chiefs were to take four linebackers, just because they need them.

I think it's much more reasonable to expect that they may address one or two positions on the offensive line in the draft this year and if needed, address the other positions next year.

Coogs
12-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Yes but you run a greater risk of failure if you're drafting for need AND your drafting an entire position group.

The same could be said if the Chiefs were to take four linebackers, just because they need them.

I think it's much more reasonable to expect that they may address one or two positions on the offensive line in the draft this year and if needed, address the other positions next year.

OK, let's try this again. I am not in favor of doing this. My post was in respones to this post by you...

Really? Really.

Nothing more.

Mr. Laz
12-10-2009, 09:27 PM
So Laz wants a center but will he be butt hurt because the best one is from USC?
i have already put up a little mock with us taking the center from USC

DaneMcCloud
12-10-2009, 09:28 PM
OK, let's try this again. I am not in favor of doing this. My post was in respones to this post by you...

Nothing more.

That was a specific question asked to Journeyscarab.

If someone is going to state "We'll fix X in free agency", then you'd better provide some names.

Blanket statements are lame.

Mr. Laz
12-10-2009, 09:28 PM
They should have drafted a center and right guard this year. For instance Jonathan Lugis and Duke Robinson. You could have gotten by with their learning curve for this year, and then next year's draft got your left guard and right tackle.
so how do you purpose we go back in time and make these changes?

have a diagram for a time machine or still just bitching like a little girl about last year?

TheGuardian
12-10-2009, 09:30 PM
I didn't say anything about winning... or all of them starting for that matter.

So we would use our first 4 or 5 picks on offensive linemen that wouldn't start until their second year? Not a good plan.

The offensive line has to be addressed THIS offseason through FA IMO. Bring in some up and coming guys that fit into the system and maybe a GOOD older vet like the Titans did with Mawae years ago. But we can't go into the draft grasping for offensive linemen because it's a need. This team sorely lacks playmakers. We need people on defense and offense that can make coaches stay awake long hours at night. A safety or linebacker or both, and then a WR to compliment Bowe or at LEAST a tight end that can make a safety respect the middle of the field and draw the 8th man out of the box.

Point is, if we go after O-line, even if that is fixed in two seasons, we're still lacking play makers that change games. We need THAT, and then we need to fill in the pieces around them.

Coogs
12-10-2009, 09:30 PM
That was a specific question asked to Journeyscarab.

If someone is going to state "We'll fix X in free agency", then you'd better provide some names.

Blanket statements are lame.

I learned my lesson (probably not actually). I'll let Journeywhoever fight his own battle next time. :D

Coogs
12-10-2009, 09:32 PM
So we would use our first 4 or 5 picks on offensive linemen that wouldn't start until their second year? Not a good plan.

The offensive line has to be addressed THIS offseason through FA IMO. Bring in some up and coming guys that fit into the system and maybe a GOOD older vet like the Titans did with Mawae years ago. But we can't go into the draft grasping for offensive linemen because it's a need. This team sorely lacks playmakers. We need people on defense and offense that can make coaches stay awake long hours at night. A safety or linebacker or both, and then a WR to compliment Bowe or at LEAST a tight end that can make a safety respect the middle of the field and draw the 8th man out of the box.

Point is, if we go after O-line, even if that is fixed in two seasons, we're still lacking play makers that change games. We need THAT, and then we need to fill in the pieces around them.

Again, I'm not promoting this thing at all. You were probably typing this before my last couple of posts.

Mr. Laz
I learned my lesson (probably not actually). I'll let Journeywhoever fight his own battle next time. :D
guardian is one of these guys with a selective reading disability that allows him to continue to bitch about stuff. ROFL

aturnis
Okung in the 1st LT
Move Albert to LG
Tennant in the 3rd C
Iupati in the 2nd RG
Calloway in the 4th RT

I'm all over Calloway in the 4th. Think I've mentioned it once before. Who are we taking with our 2nd 2nd though?

Coogs
12-10-2009, 09:34 PM
I'm all over Calloway in the 4th. Think I've mentioned it once before. Who are we taking with our 2nd 2nd though?

This isn't my draft preference. I was just responding to a question for someone else by Dane. And boy am I ever sorry for that response. :)

TheGuardian
12-10-2009, 09:35 PM
This isn't my draft preference. I was just responding to a question for someone else by Dane. And boy am I ever sorry for that response. :)

LOL it's cool bro. I understand now you just chunked it up there as a "this COULD be done" deal. Not necessarily what you'd prefer.

Coogs
12-10-2009, 09:37 PM
LOL it's cool bro. I understand now you just chunked it up there as a "this COULD be done" deal. Not necessarily what you'd prefer.

:thumb:

Pablo
12-10-2009, 09:47 PM
so how do you purpose we go back in time and make these changes?

have a diagram for a time machine LAWL.

jAZ
12-10-2009, 09:52 PM

We're not winning shit unless we fix the o-line.

Full back in the top 10 too?

aturnis
12-10-2009, 10:06 PM

I realize that. Realized it from the get go. Just pointing out the facts that you missed our 2nd 2nd and I really like the 4th round pick.

Coogs
12-10-2009, 10:08 PM
I realize that. Realized it from the get go. Just pointing out the facts that you missed our 2nd 2nd and I really like the 4th round pick.

OK. Actually I didn't miss it, I was just throwing in where offensive linemen might be available.

Mama Hip Rockets
12-10-2009, 10:12 PM
Why does everybody want a safety?

Because the Chiefs safeties are Mike Brown and Jon McGraw?

aturnis
12-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Full back in the top 10 too?

I can't say I know what you mean by this, but it brings up the fact that we might want to find a fullback who is worth a shit. One who can block, maybe catch some passes out of the backfield and be a stud in short yardage situations. Wonder if one will be there late or undrafted.

Saul Good
12-10-2009, 10:19 PM

They are Mike Brown and Jon McGraw because we cut Bernard Pollard and refuse to play DeJuan Morgan. Why draft a young, talented safety when we refuse to use the ones we have/had? We could draft Berry and Mays, but we'd probably just bring back Sammy Knight to play next to Mike Brown.

aturnis
12-10-2009, 10:25 PM

Hard to argue with that logic.

aturnis
12-10-2009, 10:26 PM
They are Mike Brown and Jon McGraw because we cut Bernard Pollard and refuse to play DeJuan Morgan. Why draft a young, talented safety when we refuse to use the ones we have/had? We could draft Berry and Mays, but we'd probably just bring back Sammy Knight to play next to Mike Brown.

What makes you think Bernard Pollard is any good?

Pablo
12-10-2009, 10:27 PM
What makes you think Bernard Pollard is any good?CP told me he's good now that he plays for the Texans.

aturnis
12-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Also, there is a reason Morgan isn't playing. It's either he is a complete dumbass and doesn't know his assignments and is always a liability, or he deviates too much from his assignment thinking he can make plays.

Personally, I think it has something to do with the fact that he thinks he's more athletic than he really is. Watch him in the preseason. He would lung out and try to make a play for the ball, only to be embarrassed and completely whiff, giving up big pass plays and even TD's.

melbar
12-11-2009, 01:42 AM

...and Berry is a hard hitting ball hawk who is possibly the BPA in the draft. Look how much better the Steelers look when Polamau is taking away the deep ball. He's also drawing comparisons to Ed Reed because of his instincts for the ball. Course you never know with any prospect, but if he lives up to the hype he could relieve a lot of pressure on the rest of the defense. Not like we have many positions on D that couldnt use upgrade.

kysirsoze
12-11-2009, 02:33 AM
...and Berry is a hard hitting ball hawk who is possibly the BPA in the draft. Look how much better the Steelers look when Polamau is taking away the deep ball. He's also drawing comparisons to Ed Reed because of his instincts for the ball. Course you never know with any prospect, but if he lives up to the hype he could relieve a lot of pressure on the rest of the defense. Not like we have many positions on D that couldnt use upgrade.

And he's a Jim Thorpe Award winner!!!

DJ's left nut
12-11-2009, 08:48 AM
What makes you think Bernard Pollard is any good?

He's a starting caliber NFL safety.

He's not a pro-bowler, but he's a guy that is absolutely capable of starting for a very good football team.

Mike Brown isn't. But hey, at least Mike Brown is a decade older and knows how to toe the company line, so he's got that going for him.

DJ's left nut
12-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Better question: What happens when the Browns beat our sorry asses next week? Don't give up on that #3 overall pick just yet.

Dayze
12-11-2009, 08:55 AM
I'd be perfectly fine with that mock.

DumbHillbillies
12-11-2009, 10:55 AM

I am with you on drafting a center and right guard this year but I say sign a free agent rt tackle this offseason. Although, I don't know who is available. There has to be one decent free agent RT that we can throw some money at That line would be a significant upgrade were in good draft position to get lugis and robinson.

Rausch
12-11-2009, 10:58 AM
Wait...do we plan to play this safety at MLB, OLB, or CB?...

Coogs
12-11-2009, 11:57 AM

If it were left up to me, I would play him at saftey. Then I would maybe draft some other guys to fill those other spots.

bowener
12-11-2009, 12:11 PM

Exaggeration.

http://media.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/75446/752232.jpg

bowener
12-11-2009, 12:20 PM

I am a little out of the loop on this conversation, but maybe the Chiefs could draft T. Mays to play Safety/LB... I don't really know how to explain it, but something like a 3-2-5 Nickle D, where Mays would come down full time in the box as a LB to cover TE's (we need this horribly), and he is by far big and fast enough to help stop the run. This would be predominately done on passing plays of course, but not always possibly.

My line of reasoning is that we have a shit load of needs. Perhaps by taking T. Mays it allows us to keep a shittier ILB on the roster (shitty in pass coverage), such as Mays. Mays would play the typical role of safety on typical "running downs", and then in passing situations we would bring in an extra safety as we roll Mays down closer to the LOS where he can blitz, cover a fucking TE over the middle for once, or help the other LBers in stopping any runs.

Basically, he can fulfill multiple rolls for us with his freakish body type and speed. He is also a film nut and smart player.

WildTurkey
12-11-2009, 12:52 PM
I love this mock.... playmakers like Berry and Best are what this team needs

tyton75
12-11-2009, 01:59 PM
I still think it would be helpful to go out in FA and do a little work on some of the positions

Maybe go get a right tackle if we can't find one in the draft

and we suck so bad this year.. I dont' know why we are just trying out track stars and Sumo wrestlers at this point

T-post Tom
12-11-2009, 03:56 PM
December draft talk. Fast becoming a Chiefs' tradition. :mad: