PDA

View Full Version : Poop More good news on the Tony trade

the Talking Can
12-11-2009, 01:05 PM
Atlanta's starting DT on an already spotty defense...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4733925

DT Babineaux arrested in Atlanta area
Comment Email Print Share
Associated Press

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. -- Atlanta Falcons defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux has been arrested and charged with marijuana possession.

Gwinnett County Police Cpl. David Schiralli says Babineaux was arrested during a traffic stop on Interstate 85 in suburban Atlanta around 10:45 p.m. Thursday.

Schiralli says the 28-year-old Babineaux had nearly 1½ ounces of marijuana and is charged with possessing more than an ounce of marijuana.

Original reports incorrectly stated Babineaux would face intent-to-distribute charges, which can be brought any time someone has more than an ounce in their possession.

Babineaux also faces charges for having expired registration and driving without a license.

He was released from the Gwinnett County jail Friday morning on $8,300 bond.

A spokesman for the Falcons did not immediately return phone calls seeking comment.

Demonpenz
12-11-2009, 01:08 PM
yesh that is alot of weed

Fritz88
12-11-2009, 01:09 PM
doesn't matter, they are sucking lately.

Dayze
12-11-2009, 01:11 PM
what a dumb a**
lol

Chiefaholic
12-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Better draft pick for us... Next year, I hope the Falcons make the playoffs and Tony leaves the NFL on a good note.

Crush
12-11-2009, 01:12 PM
What do you expect? He is a part-time gourmet chef.

Mr. Laz
12-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Better draft pick for us... Next year, I hope the Falcons make the playoffs and Tony leaves the NFL on a good note.
not me ... i hope the Chiefs make the playoffs before Atlanta does and ESPN constantly refers to the fact that Tony left KC to make the playoffs and then ended up blowing it because of the trade.

then everyone can laugh at Tony while he cries like Tebow after the Texas game.

i also hope the Chiefs draft the best NFL player in history with the pick they got for Tony so that every year we get to here about how we turned Tony into the best player EVAH.

Marcellus
12-11-2009, 01:23 PM
Expired tags and no license? Driving around with 1.5oz of weed.

The dipshit has tons of $. A fool and his money are soon parted.

The Franchise
12-11-2009, 01:25 PM
not me ... i hope the Chiefs make the playoffs before Atlanta does and ESPN constantly refers to the fact that Tony left KC to make the playoffs and then ended up blowing it because of the trade.

i also hope the Chiefs draft the best NFL player in history with the pick they got for Tony so that every year we get to here about how we turned Tony into the best player EVAH.

Dude.....that's twice in one day that we agree with each other. 2012 IS REAL!!!!!

BossChief
12-11-2009, 01:26 PM
kinda screwed up that weed is still illegal.

I cant believe how dumb some of these kids are, no license, expired registration and 20 blunts worth of weed while having millions in his bank account that he could afford to buy a limo and be chauffeured around with...

Some people aren't born with the benefit of common sense...

I bet that if Ryan was healthy and the team was winning, he would have been let go without even so much as a ticket.

Hydrae
12-11-2009, 01:29 PM
Expired tags and no license? Driving around with 1.5oz of weed.

The dipshit has tons of $. A fool and his money are soon parted.

My thought as well.

L.A. Chieffan
12-11-2009, 01:31 PM
wtf. idiot

scorpio
12-11-2009, 01:51 PM
A fool and his money are soon partying.

ftfy.

HemiEd
12-11-2009, 02:37 PM
yesh that is alot of weed

Times have really changed. :)

CoMoChief
12-11-2009, 02:51 PM

Tebow cried after the Bama game. :D

Simply Red
12-11-2009, 02:56 PM
i used to buy smoke out in l'ville.

dirty dirty south

Mr. Laz
12-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Tebow cried after the Bama game. :D
omg ... CoMo is actually right about something.

*runs to look out the window to see if the sky is full of flying pigs*

KC native
12-11-2009, 03:22 PM
omg ... CoMo is actually right about something.

*runs to look out the window to see if the sky is full of flying pigs*

ROFL

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2009, 02:18 AM
Since when is 6 1/4's of pot "a lot"?

At least they dropped the "intent to distribute". I mean, give me a fucking break. For a guy like Bab, that's just party favors.

And lest I forget; hooray anything that fucks Tony and gets us closer to a "serviceable to above average" player that can help us realize the awesome vision of assembling 53 "okay, non-sizzle having guys" to help Pioli prove that the Patriot Way is legit outside of New England, Belichick be-damned.

woot.

Smed1065
12-12-2009, 02:27 AM

At least they dropped the "intent to distribute". I mean, give me a fucking break. For a guy like Bab, that's just party favors.

And lest I forget; hooray anything that fucks Tony and gets us closer to a "serviceable to above average" player that can help us realize the awesome vision of assembling 53 "okay, non-sizzle having guys" to help Pioli prove that the Patriot Way is legit outside of New England, Belichick be-damned.

woot.

Sound scared.

:)

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2009, 02:29 AM
Sound pissed.

:)

fxd.

Smed1065
12-12-2009, 02:30 AM
Understandable.

No one year fix like MS.

Abba-Dabba
12-12-2009, 02:32 AM
eh, one and a half ounces is scribblins. That's like a thin slice of deli ham.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-12-2009, 02:41 AM
Understandable.

No one year fix like MS.

I'm not trying to argue just to argue, but that move was a long-term investment and something I wish the Chiefs would do.

Simply Red
12-12-2009, 04:10 AM
Understandable.

No one year fix like MS.

lay off the booze, hooker.

Marcellus
12-12-2009, 09:36 AM

At least they dropped the "intent to distribute". I mean, give me a ****ing break. For a guy like Bab, that's just party favors.

And lest I forget; hooray anything that ****s Tony and gets us closer to a "serviceable to above average" player that can help us realize the awesome vision of assembling 53 "okay, non-sizzle having guys" to help Pioli prove that the Patriot Way is legit outside of New England, Belichick be-damned.

woot.

Denise

SenselessChiefsFan
12-12-2009, 09:55 AM
Going into this season, the Falcons were going to have a more difficult schedule, and they weren't going to surprise anyone.

The results shouldn't shock anyone. Especially given their defense.

They had no significant injuries last year, this year, they aren't so lucky in that department. Typically, teams don't have back to back years with few injuries. Injuries are part of the game....

They have a lot of youth on defense. Earlier this year, they were able to scheme around it, and fooled teams. Now, they are figured out pretty well.

I imagine they will end up 8-8.

Chiefnj2
12-12-2009, 10:12 AM
Going into this season, the Falcons were going to have a more difficult schedule, and they weren't going to surprise anyone.

Do you think NFL teams are "surprised" by a team doing better one season than the next? Do you think on Monday morning the coordinators look at the schedule and say "Oh its the Browns this week, I'll call Todd and tell them I'll come in Thursday afternoon to start to prepare."

SenselessChiefsFan
12-12-2009, 10:58 AM
Do you think NFL teams are "surprised" by a team doing better one season than the next? Do you think on Monday morning the coordinators look at the schedule and say "Oh its the Browns this week, I'll call Todd and tell them I'll come in Thursday afternoon to start to prepare."

No, I think that when you get a new staff, there is some mystery as to how that staff will use the talent on that team.

Now, once you get that team on film for an entire season, you can pick apart what they do a little better.

You see what they do against 3-4 defenses, 4-3 defenses. Teams with good safeties, teams with mediocre safeties. Teams with athletic linebacker, teams with stout linebackers. Teams that like to play zone, teams that like to play man. Teams that like to blitz, teams that like to play a traditional rush. Teams with athletic DT's.... teams with run clogging DT's.

That is just how the offense might attack defenses. Then, you have how the defense will attack the offense.

The point is that a coach will attack every type of team differently. After a full season, teams know better how to defend teams.

Quesadilla Joe
12-12-2009, 04:59 PM
Babineaux expected to play despite arrest
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 12, 2009 2:46 PM ET

The Falcons are "very likely" to play defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux Sunday despite his recent arrest, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Like most teams, the Falcons have historically let the legal system run its course before disciplining a player. The NFL confirmed that Babineaux's arrest for possession of marijuana will be reviewed under the league's substance abuse policy.

"Unfortunately, since it is a legal matter, I will not be able to comment further at this time, but my family and I have faith that you will see, I'm not guilty of these charges," Babineaux said in a statement Friday night.

Atlanta's thin defensive line needs Babineaux, but he's just one of many Falcons with uncertain availability Sunday.

Matt Ryan and Michael Turner are game-time decisions for the Falcons in a game Atlanta needs to win for any playoff hopes.

Also questionable: left tackle Sam Baker (elbow), right guard Harvey Dahl (ankle), wide receiver Michael Jenkins (ankle), center Todd McClure (knee), tackle Will Svitek (ankle) and wide receiver Roddy White (knee).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/12/12/babineaux-expected-to-play-despite-arrest/

Fairplay
12-12-2009, 06:12 PM
I got the munchies.

Mr. Laz
12-13-2009, 03:12 PM
New Orleans - 26
Atlanta - 23

PBJ

Atlanta's playoff hopes are dying.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Kick ass! Better talent for the 53 Fodder-Machine!