PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Explanation on the fumble recovery by Charles......

smittysbar
12-13-2009, 09:47 PM
Haley....

Did you get an explanation on the play where the ball was tipped up, intercepted, but it appeared that Jamaal Charles got the ball back? “I thought it was a great hustle play by all the guys. The ball was definitely ruled a fumble but what they (the officials) said they couldn’t figure out was who had possession after the fumble. Jamaal recovered that football and when he jumped up he was trying to get any officials’ attention to show that he had the ball. The head referee told me they were unable to determine who had possession after #51 fumbled.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/12/13/todd_haley_postgame_comments_bills/

notorious
12-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Wow, that is pathetic.

smittysbar
12-13-2009, 11:21 PM
I thought the ball was clearly coming out

chiefzilla1501
12-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Haley....

Did you get an explanation on the play where the ball was tipped up, intercepted, but it appeared that Jamaal Charles got the ball back? “I thought it was a great hustle play by all the guys. The ball was definitely ruled a fumble but what they (the officials) said they couldn’t figure out was who had possession after the fumble. Jamaal recovered that football and when he jumped up he was trying to get any officials’ attention to show that he had the ball. The head referee told me they were unable to determine who had possession after #51 fumbled.”

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/2009/12/13/todd_haley_postgame_comments_bills/

Pretty huge fuck-up, then, on several levels.

1-the obvious--they would have to find indisputable evidence that he didn't fumble, which makes it more likely we'd win the challenge
2-less obvious--the Bills, not the Chiefs, would have challenged. Even if we lost, we get to pocket the timeout and on the last drive of the game, we get the ball back with 2 minutes left instead of 1.

DBOSHO
12-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Got fucked by the refs again...

Anyone catch the facemask on long? It mightve been wade, but they turned his face clean around and......wait for it.......no flag.

kepp
12-14-2009, 08:55 AM
Got ****ed by the refs again...

Anyone catch the facemask on long? It mightve been wade, but they turned his face clean around and......wait for it.......no flag.

I think the only ones who DIDN'T catch that facemask were the refs. I was at the game and it was sooooo obvious.

Fritz88
12-14-2009, 08:58 AM
I thought they made the right call.

smittysbar
12-14-2009, 08:58 AM
I thought they made the right call.

How was that?

CaliforniaChief
12-14-2009, 09:12 AM
I was listening to Mitch and Lenny yesterday and Mitch was just drilling that crew.

He criticized them for being so slow in making decisions, and at one point, when the umpire took forever to set the ball said, "This guy isn't going to be lining up against Usain Bolt anytime soon."

Not the reason we lost the game, but we do get the bottom of the barrel sometimes.

penchief
12-14-2009, 09:24 AM
I thought calling Flowers for the 15-yard facemask was ridiculous. I could see giving him the 5-yard variety but they would have been more accurate not to call a face mask at all before flagging him for a personal foul.

That said, if Chambers makes the easy catch at the 3 yard line we probably win the game.

DaFace
12-14-2009, 09:26 AM
I thought calling Flowers for the 15-yard facemask was ridiculous. I could see giving him the 5-yard variety but they would have been more accurate not to call a face mask at all before flagging him for a personal foul.

That said, if Chambers makes the easy catch at the 3 yard line we probably win the game.

There is no such thing as a 5-yard facemask penalty.

penchief
12-14-2009, 09:28 AM
There is no such thing as a 5-yard facemask penalty.

I thought there was the intentional kind and the unintentional. There is no such thing as incidental facemask? One where they didn't mean it and let go right away and one where they hang on and it's obvious?

Wierd. I could have sworn there is a five yard penalty for an incidental facemask.

DaFace
12-14-2009, 09:29 AM
I thought there was the intentional kind and the unintentional. There is no such thing as incidental facemask? One where they didn't mean it and let go right away and one where they hang on and it's obvious?

Wierd. I could have sworn there is a five yard penalty for an incidental facemask.

The difference was eliminated several years ago. Now, a facemask is a facemask. 15 yards every time.

Mr. Arrowhead
12-14-2009, 09:31 AM

not no more, i think they scrapped the 5 yard face mask flag 2 years ago. Although i think they should have got flowers for the illegal hands to the face instead of a face mask

penchief
12-14-2009, 09:31 AM
The difference was eliminated several years ago. Now, a facemask is a facemask. 15 yards every time.

Several years ago? Wow. I can't believe I'm that far behind. But I guess I am. What year did they change that rule?

Well, in my mind that clearly wasn't an intentional facemask so I'm thinking they should have let that one go.

penchief
12-14-2009, 09:32 AM
not no more, i think they scrapped the 5 yard face mask flag 2 years ago. Although i think they should have got flowers for the illegal hands to the face instead of a face mask

Thanks.

I agree. Illegal hands to the face would have been more appropriate.

-King-
12-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Got fucked by the refs again...

Wasn't a facemask. He was grabbed around the neck.
Posted via Mobile Device