PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs My official MATT CASSEL SUCKS thread

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-14-2009, 02:56 AM
I know . Repost !

Even the commentators said it. Cassel can't throw the long ball correctly. He has no touch. he needs to get more air under the ball to allow the receivers time to get under it. With Tyler Thigpen we would have 2 more wins than we have now. If we stake our future on Cassel we'll continue faildom!

And there's a reason the Chiefs lead the league in dropped passes!

J Diddy
12-14-2009, 03:08 AM
nice thread

wank wank

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-14-2009, 03:28 AM
He's now the 26th ranked QB with a 68.3 rating. I wonder if we could trade him for Jamarcus Russell

Tits McGee
12-14-2009, 03:32 AM
Shouldn't this be a sticky?

HypnotizedMonkey
12-14-2009, 07:17 AM
they shoulda neva gave that n**** money!!!!

Slainte
12-14-2009, 08:02 AM
There are many MATT CASSEL SUCKS threads out there, but this one is my favorite...

TEX
12-14-2009, 08:12 AM
Sure Cassel $ucks, but the IDIOT who traded for him, signed him to a $63MILLION deal, and did not improve the OL or WR's in the offseason $UCKS WORSE. Problem is we're stuck with both. :shake:

jidar
12-14-2009, 08:33 AM
I know . Repost !

Even the commentators said it. Cassel can't throw the long ball correctly. He has no touch. he needs to get more air under the ball to allow the receivers time to get under it. With Tyler Thigpen we would have 2 more wins than we have now. If we stake our future on Cassel we'll continue faildom!

I agree that Cassel sucks, but I don't know why you think Thigpen makes those throws. His deep ball isn't any better than Cassels and that's why I was happy to be rid of him.

jidar
12-14-2009, 08:36 AM
Sure Cassel $ucks, but the IDIOT who traded for him, signed him to a $63MILLION deal, and did not improve the OL or WR's in the offseason $UCKS WORSE. Problem is we're stuck with both. :shake:

I hate posts like this.
Most pundits/experts thought the Chiefs made pretty good moves before the season started. Pioli decided to address the offense with Cassel and the defense in the first round. I shouldn't have to remind people that the defense last year was far worse than the offense, and you can't expect him to replace an entire football team in one off season.

redsurfer11
12-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Lets all beat on the QB with the worst O-Line in the league. Revisit in a few years.

smittysbar
12-14-2009, 08:44 AM
Lets all beat on the QB with the worst O-Line in the league. Revisit in a few years.

The O-Line has improved drastically Cassel has not.

easymobee
12-14-2009, 09:07 AM
The Oline and WR's is the only reason our QB looks like **** argument has already been trademarked by Chicago Bears fans.
Posted via Mobile Device

KurtCobain
12-14-2009, 09:09 AM
cassel is the man

Fritz88
12-14-2009, 09:09 AM
why did Pioli give him 63 millions dollars?

I would have been reluctant to give that to a much better QB. Let alone Cassel.

Rooster
12-14-2009, 09:11 AM
....... you can't expect him to replace an entire football team in one off season.

This is Chiefs Planet. If a first year GM can't turn a 2 win team into a Super Bowl contender in the first year then he is a failure. Planet 101:rolleyes:

smittysbar
12-14-2009, 09:29 AM
This is Chiefs Planet. If a first year GM can't turn a 2 win team into a Super Bowl contender in the first year then he is a failure. Planet 101:rolleyes:

Go fuck yourself, NO ONE has said anything of the sort.

Simply Red
12-14-2009, 09:43 AM
WHOA, shit just got real.

HemiEd
12-14-2009, 09:50 AM
Well, after yesterdays game, I am convinced that Cassel is not a winner. He just doesn't know how to win.
That game was wide open for the taking by a winner, and he shit his pants again.
He has repeated that scenerio several times this season.
He is a loser, plain and simple.
Put Brodie in for the rest of the year (know it won't happen) and see if he can do any better, or at least survive.

Rooster
12-14-2009, 09:56 AM
Go **** yourself, NO ONE has said anything of the sort.

Really? Read any posts lately?

Reerun_KC
12-14-2009, 09:56 AM
The O-Line has improved drastically Cassel has not.

How could they improved with this coaching staff?

Reerun_KC
12-14-2009, 09:57 AM
Go **** yourself, NO ONE has said anything of the sort.

Calling Bullshit here....

Many said they would be happy with 3-5 wins, now those same are lining up behind a naked GoChiefs waiting for their turn....

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 10:00 AM

Please show us all a post where someone expected this team to be a contender.

Simply Red
12-14-2009, 10:03 AM
good thing I'm not wearing any pants right now.

Rooster
12-14-2009, 10:04 AM
[QUOTE=OnTheWarpath58;6345410]Please show us all a post where someone expected this team to be a contender.[/QUOTE

I'll get right on that.

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 10:04 AM

Many said they would be happy with 3-5 wins, now those same are lining up behind a naked GoChiefs waiting for their turn....

Uh, maybe you should learn to read.

Many EXPECTED 3-5 wins, and those same folks EXPECTED to see PROGRESS, not regression.

Put the record aside - this team is worse than last year's team.

Or, you can just bury your head in the sand because we played an extra sub-.500 team and beat them, and try to claim progress because 3 > 2.

ModSocks
12-14-2009, 10:05 AM
I think people are going a bit overboard with this. Cassel missed a few throws, but he also made a few good throws too. If anything, i think this game shows how bad we need WR's. Yeah, Cassel overthrew Bradley twice, but a good WR would have adjusted to those passes and come down with it anyway, ala D-Bowe. The last two weeks, those were BAD games.

And Cassel did drive us down for the game winning TD, but our WR dropped it.

To whom ever said he doesn't know how to win: He drove us down the field to win the game, the WR DROPPED IT.

I've been disappointed too. And yeah, yesterday he missed some throws. But, he bounced back, and for the most part, showed conviction. but, he needs to be a LOT better then what he has.

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 10:08 AM
I think people are going a bit overboard with this. Cassel missed a few throws, but he also made a few good throws too. If anything, i think this game shows how bad we need WR's. Yeah, Cassel overthrew Bradley twice, but a good WR would have adjusted to those passes and come down with it anyway, ala D-Bowe. The last two weeks, those were BAD games.

To whom ever said he doesn't know how to win: He drove us down the field to win the game, the WR DROPPED IT.

I've been disappointed too. And yeah, yesterday he missed some throws. But, he bounced back, and for the most part, showed conviction. but, he needs to be a LOT better then what he has.

A WR would need a jet pack up his ass to "adjust" to those overthrows.

Bearcat
12-14-2009, 10:11 AM

We do have a horse, and should know how to utilize it correctly in order to win games... good point.

L.A. Chieffan
12-14-2009, 10:12 AM
Cassel is our QB, just fucking deal with it.

Simply Red
12-14-2009, 10:33 AM
Cassel is our QB, just ****ing deal with it.

Yeah, but he's part of that whole 'USC thing'

The Franchise
12-14-2009, 10:41 AM
I would honestly bench Cassel against the Browns and start Croyle.

L.A. Chieffan
12-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Yeah, but he's part of that whole 'USC thing'

you mean, closet hermaphrodite, parents got him into school type thing?

beach tribe
12-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Well, after yesterdays game, I am convinced that Cassel is not a winner. He just doesn't know how to win.
That game was wide open for the taking by a winner, and he shit his pants again.
He has repeated that scenerio several times this season.
He is a loser, plain and simple.
Put Brodie in for the rest of the year (know it won't happen) and see if he can do any better, or at least survive.

He won more games with the Pats, than Brady is going to win this year.

That said. I'm all for bringing in another QB.
Cassel would probably take a pay cut at some point if he can't cut it. Not really a big deal. You need two QBs in this league.

beach tribe
12-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Oh, and I've been touting Brodie since day 1.

I think the kid is special. Just needs to stay on the field.

Simply Red
12-14-2009, 11:00 AM
you mean, closet hermaphrodite, parents got him into school type thing?

nO, i MEAN, whAT THAT LITTLE hARD-bODY CHEERLEADER'S HEAD WOULD LOOK LIKE ON A sHHHHHHHHTICK!

DaKernal
12-14-2009, 11:34 AM

This. I called for that to happen this week, knew it wouldn't happen, but it should've. I've been on the Croyle bandwagon for a few weeks now. I'm done with Cassel, he's fucking garbage.

smittysbar
12-14-2009, 12:09 PM
How could they improved with this coaching staff?

You can believe it or not, but the truth is the O-Line has gotten better. They have gave him time, and the running game is much better.

It isn't the wins and loses, it is the progresion seen on the field by this team throughout the year. It looks as some are showing some signs of improvement while others may be going backwards.

Yeah I have and do. NO ONE said anything about this team being a SB contender, and if they did they most likely need a Psych evaluation.

Cassel has showed us nothing to think he should be the QBOTF. Receivers dropping balls are not the only reason this team leads the NFL in dropped passes, if the QB makes better throws more catches would be made.

Chambers fucked up on one yesterday, but come on, how many bad throws has he made the past several weeks? Chambers drops one then boom, Cassel is fine, Chambers sucks, I don't think so.

MahiMike
12-14-2009, 12:10 PM
I just watched the beginning and end of the game from yesterday on Rewind. I watched Cassel make great throw 1 after another. I don't see why folks are hatin' on him. 40+ drops by receivers I guess?

SAUTO
12-14-2009, 12:16 PM
A WR would need a jet pack up his ass to "adjust" to those overthrows.

someone said yesterday those throws were 7 yards long, sorry but thats bullshit. watch the first again bradley was late seeing the ball, the second was just too far
Posted via Mobile Device

SAUTO
12-14-2009, 12:18 PM

you could have used this post before the preseason. you felt this way about cassel since we got him
Posted via Mobile Device

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 12:24 PM
someone said yesterday those throws were 7 yards long, sorry but thats bullshit. watch the first again bradley was late seeing the ball, the second was just too far
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm no Trig major, so I can't say how many yards he overthrew Bradley.

What I do know, is that neither of those throws were catchable, and that's unacceptable.

People want to bitch that WR's aren't getting open, and then when they are in the clear, they're missed.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2009, 01:28 PM
"I expected a play off birth, and all I got was THIS"?!/Non-existent member of this board.

Coogs
12-14-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm no Trig major, so I can't say how many yards he overthrew Bradley.

What I do know, is that neither of those throws were catchable, and that's unacceptable.

People want to bitch that WR's aren't getting open, and then when they are in the clear, they're missed.

:clap:

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 01:32 PM
"I expected a play off birth, and all I got was THIS"?!/Non-existent member of this board.

"I expected a play off birth, and all I got was this t-shirt that says, 'From the 50, anything is possible.'"

kaplin42
12-14-2009, 01:46 PM

Not that im banging the "Yay Cassel" drum, but haven't we been down the Croyle path before. Why go there again?

kaplin42
12-14-2009, 01:49 PM
I just watched the beginning and end of the game from yesterday on Rewind. I watched Cassel make great throw 1 after another. I don't see why folks are hatin' on him. 40+ drops by receivers I guess?

Pffttt. Good recievers drop the ball, didn't you know?

Mecca
12-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Not that im banging the "Yay Cassel" drum, but haven't we been down the Croyle path before. Why go there again?

Probably because he's regressing at this point it's time to send him that call of pick it up or go sit.

JD10367
12-14-2009, 01:53 PM
Still don't think Cassel sucks. But, admittedly, he's been licking and nibbling a bit.

There are three sides to every story: one side, the other side, and the truth. He's not Peyton Manning, but he's not Ryan Leaf. He is what he is: a decent QB who can win if surrounded by some talent but can't win on a bad team. Hell, he led the Pats to 11-5 and Brady has them at 8-5 and, frankly, IMO with Cassel the Pats would've won a few more games this season, so... :shrug:

DeezNutz
12-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Still don't think Cassel sucks. But, admittedly, he's been licking and nibbling a bit.

There are three sides to every story: one side, the other side, and the truth. He's not Peyton Manning, but he's not Ryan Leaf. He is what he is: a decent QB who can win if surrounded by some talent but can't win on a bad team. Hell, he led the Pats to 11-5 and Brady has them at 8-5 and, frankly, IMO with Cassel the Pats would've won a few more games this season, so... :shrug:

"led"? LMAO.

You're welcome to have him back, if your previous offer still stands. Right now, I will offer to purchase a one-way ticket to Boston for our "franchise" QB. Southwest, of course, cause I'm not paying for all of his baggage, which Chiefs fans have discovered all too well.

Mecca
12-14-2009, 01:58 PM
I still stand by my claim that nearly any QB could have done what Cassel did last year.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2009, 01:59 PM
"I expected a play off birth, and all I got was this t-shirt that says, 'From the 50, anything is possible.'"

"Happy 50th KC"! :thumb:

"I GAWY MY GAAAAAAME AWWWWNNN"!

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv252/raisedonriots/GIF_saftey_guy_suicide.gif

kaplin42
12-14-2009, 02:01 PM
Probably because he's regressing at this point it's time to send him that call of pick it up or go sit.

This i can understand for sure. It was the give Brody another shot to injure himself that I wasn't getting.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2009, 02:02 PM
"led"? LMAO.

You're welcome to have him back, if your previous offer still stands. Right now, I will offer to purchase a one-way ticket to Boston for our "franchise" QB. Southwest, of course, cause I'm not paying for all of his baggage, which Chiefs fans have discovered all too well.

At half price. We're in no position to barter here.

Mr. Flopnuts
12-14-2009, 02:06 PM

Well hell, let's trade!

Rasputin
12-14-2009, 02:08 PM
Maybe Haley should fire the QBs coach. wait:spock:

Coogs
12-14-2009, 02:13 PM

Captain Checkdown should have been making "great throws" 1 after another. Just over 200 yards on 40+ passes for the game. If nothing else, he did set up the down field throws. Problem was, he missed when it counted the most.

Christofire
12-14-2009, 02:40 PM
I know . Repost !

I would love to have an unbiased scout look at Cassel's throwing motion. I hate his throwing motion, and wonder if that affects his deep ball.

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 02:45 PM
I would love to have an unbiased scout look at Cassel's throwing motion. I hate his throwing motion, and wonder if that affects his deep ball.

I'd like to see how many passes he's had tipped/batted down.

It's way too many for a guy that is 6-4, that's for sure.

DaWolf
12-14-2009, 02:46 PM

Hey, even if his fundamentals suck, Haley doesn't have enough time to work with him on it. Which is the stupidest aspect of him being OC, QBC, and HC...

Hammock Parties
12-14-2009, 02:49 PM
I love how people are now blaming the receivers for Cassel's mistake.

Cassel makes a shitload more money than Mark Bradley. The onus is on him to make it as easy for Mark Bradley to catch the ball as possible.

FishingRod
12-14-2009, 04:03 PM
I knew this was going to be a tough year and that I would probably need to wait until about the middle of next year to get an accurate picture on if we were headed in the right direction or not. I keep repeating that to myself.

Having said that, I have not seen anything that shows me that Paoli, Hailey and Cassel are the slightest bit better than Peterson, Edwards and fill in the blank... Huard/Croyel/Thigpen. I just find that to be a vomit inducing concept.

Hog's Gone Fishin
12-14-2009, 04:43 PM

well, you need to watch it again and notice that he had wide receivers open on long routes that he 's throwing a fast ball at. All good quarterbacks throw a ball in those situations that the receiver can adjust to. He's letting the team down. We're going to have to draft us a Quarterback this year unlees New Orleans can be talked into trading us Brees.

MahiMike
12-14-2009, 04:59 PM
Folks need to stop with this whole "play the backup" crap. I don't care if they brought Montana back in here, Pioli won't play anyone not named Cassel. He has $63M reasons. It's silly to think a non-playoff team would make a change. Get real.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2009, 05:20 PM
PLAY THE BACKUP! PLAY...THE LIVING...FUCK OUT OF THE BACKUP!
FLORIDA CHIEFS FANS DEMAND IT!

SDChiefs
12-14-2009, 05:52 PM
The five least valubale players:

Matt Cassel(notes), Quarterback, Kansas City Chiefs. I usually wouldn't bother putting a Chief here at this point in the season, but Cassel's performance yesterday was pretty much the opposite of a good day for a quarterback. He hasn't had the greatest year, and certainly wasn't close to earning his massive paycheck, but at least he had kept his interception totals down. But he threw four picks against the Bills, all of them in the second half, three of them in the fourth quarter, and the last one on a failed Hail Mary that sealed the deal.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Yesterday-s-five-least-valuable-players-Randy-M?urn=nfl,208528

Even the AP has it that its mostly Cassels fault.

LaChapelle
12-14-2009, 05:54 PM
That would be one scary spit ball