PDA

View Full Version : Poop Wikipedia LOL

BigMeatballDave
12-14-2009, 06:24 AM
LMAO After the departure of Elvis Grbac in 2001, the Chiefs acquired Trent Green in a trade with the St. Louis Rams. In his first season, Green struggled and was called "a big disappointment." Kansas City Star columnist Jason Whitlock famously nicknamed him "Tr-INT" after throwing a league-high 24 interceptions. The press and Chiefs fans were occasionally critical of Green throughout his five years on the team. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Kansas_City_Chiefs_quarterbacks

Phobia
12-14-2009, 06:37 AM
I don't care if I get credit or not but don't erroneously cite JW when he didn't do it.

BigMeatballDave
12-14-2009, 06:40 AM
I don't care if I get credit or not but don't erroneously cite JW when he didn't do it.See, I was wondering if the moniker 'TrINT' was actually coined here. I wasn't around much back then...

Phobia
12-14-2009, 06:41 AM
Yes. JW even acknowledged it based on timestamps of emails in which he received fwds containing the name. He didn't even use it in a column until a week after I posted it here.

BigMeatballDave
12-14-2009, 06:47 AM
Yes. JW even acknowledged it based on timestamps of emails in which he received fwds containing the name. He didn't even use it in a column until a week after I posted it here.Interesting. Wouldn't that constitute Plagiarism?

Phobia
12-14-2009, 06:51 AM
Interesting. Wouldn't that constitute Plagiarism?

Nah. It's a creative "mis"spelling of a proper noun. He doesn't have to credit that. Now, if he ripped off an entire sentence that was easily identifiable it would be.

BigMeatballDave
12-14-2009, 07:00 AM
Nah. It's a creative "mis"spelling of a proper noun. He doesn't have to credit that. Now, if he ripped off an entire sentence that was easily identifiable it would be.I see. I had no idea you came up with that.

Jack
12-14-2009, 11:39 AM
I don't care if I get credit or not but don't erroneously cite JW when he didn't do it.

The information can be corrected. Wikipedia is open to such actions. Why hasn't anyone bother to correct this?

Buck
12-14-2009, 11:41 AM
Next thing you know, JW is going to write an article about how if he was Todd Haley, he would the whole thing during the offseason.

Jack
12-14-2009, 12:01 PM
Next thing you know, JW is going to write an article about how if he was Todd Haley, he would the whole thing during the offseason.

Would what?

teedubya
12-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Would what?

ROFL

The Franchise
12-14-2009, 12:07 PM
Would what?

The whole thing.

Johnny Vegas
12-14-2009, 12:16 PM
Would what?

1 foot long with $5

Mr. Flopnuts
12-14-2009, 12:53 PM

Would what?

LMAO!

Mr. Flopnuts
12-14-2009, 12:58 PM

Somebody edited it and put your name in there. I took the liberty of adding how it became famous when Jason printed it in the Star.

Kerberos
12-14-2009, 01:44 PM
Yes. JW even acknowledged it based on timestamps of emails in which he received fwds containing the name. He didn't even use it in a column until a week after I posted it here.

Nah. It's a creative "mis"spelling of a proper noun. He doesn't have to credit that. Now, if he ripped off an entire sentence that was easily identifiable it would be.

Between Jason and Nick you should need some Anti-Inflamatory meds?

Phobia
12-14-2009, 02:18 PM
Between Jason and Nick you should need some Anti-Inflamatory meds?

I've never had a problem w/ Jason or the way he handled it.

Jack
12-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Somebody edited it and put your name in there. I took the liberty of adding how it became famous when Jason printed it in the Star.

Jolly good. Got a link?

ClevelandBronco
12-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Jolly good. Got a link?

Same link as the OP.

Now reads: "After the departure of Elvis Grbac in 2001, the Chiefs acquired Trent Green in a trade with the St. Louis Rams. In his first season, Green struggled and was called "a big disappointment."[39] Phil Kloster famously nicknamed him "Tr-INT" after he had a particularly rough outing versus Denver in which he threw 4 interceptions to Deltha O'Neal. This was later picked up from Chiefs fan page Chiefsplanet by Jason Whitlock who printed the moniker in the Kansas City Star and took the nickname to fame.[39][40][41]"

Jack
12-14-2009, 08:05 PM
Same link as the OP.

Now reads: "After the departure of Elvis Grbac in 2001, the Chiefs acquired Trent Green in a trade with the St. Louis Rams. In his first season, Green struggled and was called "a big disappointment."[39] Phil Kloster famously nicknamed him "Tr-INT" after he had a particularly rough outing versus Denver in which he threw 4 interceptions to Deltha O'Neal. This was later picked up from Chiefs fan page Chiefsplanet by Jason Whitlock who printed the moniker in the Kansas City Star and took the nickname to fame.[39][40][41]"

Wonder why whitlock didn't man up on the original statement?

Phobia
12-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Wonder why whitlock didn't man up on the original statement?

He has. I doubt he monitors wikipedia for accuracy.

Jack
12-14-2009, 09:10 PM
He has. I doubt he monitors wikipedia for accuracy.

What does he monitor for accuracy?

KCbroncoHATER
12-14-2009, 09:18 PM
I don't care if I get credit or not

Are you saying that you should get credit for "TrINT"?

I was at the game and read it that night on a donk board from my hotel room.

Phobia
12-14-2009, 10:15 PM
I don't care if I get credit or not

Are you saying that you should get credit for "TrINT"?

I was at the game and read it that night on a donk board from my hotel room.

Like I said. I don't care.

KCbroncoHATER
12-14-2009, 11:03 PM
It was the Denver Post Online.

There were a bunch of smartass donks on that board.

And they were all over that ...

It sucked for me because I ran a bunch of smack the night before in the penthouse bar at the Red Lion Inn next door to invesca.

I thought for sure Trent could sneak out a win.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2009, 11:05 PM
Interesting. Wouldn't that constitute Plagiarism?

No. It's a gat-damned internet message board.

Phobia
12-14-2009, 11:40 PM
It was the Denver Post Online.

There were a bunch of smartass donks on that board.

And they were all over that ...

It sucked for me because I ran a bunch of smack the night before in the penthouse bar at the Red Lion Inn next door to invesca.

I thought for sure Trent could sneak out a win.

They got it here. I posted it immediately after Deltha O'Neal got his 4th INT and when it didn't get enough "play" I posted it in its own thread. It's widely acknowledged that I coined it. Even Whitlock confirms that. But it's not important enough for me to look up links. I really do not care who believes it or not.

Phobia
12-14-2009, 11:41 PM
No. It's a gat-damned internet message board.

If a writer cuts and pastes a post from a user here straight into an article, it's plagiarism just as if he pulled it out of a book.

DeezNutz
12-14-2009, 11:51 PM
It's absolutely plagiarism.

Taking one word--something coined, an original idea--can constitute plagiarism.

Now, does it really matter in this particular case? That's the only question.

Pitt Gorilla
12-14-2009, 11:57 PM
Would what?ROFL

mcan
12-15-2009, 01:21 AM
[Mena Suvari] I invented post-its... [/Mena Suvari]
Posted via Mobile Device

12-15-2009, 01:59 AM
Hell, I was using that moniker (Tr-INT) before I even found the Planet. And I most definitely didn't get it from Fatlock. It didn't take a genius to make it up.

Phobia
12-15-2009, 02:32 AM
Hell, I was using that moniker (Tr-INT) before I even found the Planet. And I most definitely didn't get it from Fatlock. It didn't take a genius to make it up.

YES IT DOES!!!!!

HMc
12-15-2009, 02:41 AM
it's too obscure an article for anyone to give a shit but there's a whole passage in italics that probably shouldnt be and the thing about Phil reads a little un-wiki-like. I don't know if it's reasonable to call Phil's (supposed - there's no source linked) coining of the phrase "famous"

Phobia
12-15-2009, 02:45 AM
Yeah, that's dumb. Somebody fix the dumbness or just delete it entirely.

kysirsoze
12-15-2009, 02:54 AM
The trent green page still credits JW for the name... if anybody cares....

BigMeatballDave
12-15-2009, 06:31 AM
Would what?LMAO

Buck
12-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Would what?

I don't get it. What don't you understand?

Jack
12-15-2009, 04:53 PM

You too, huh? :D

12-15-2009, 05:07 PM
YES IT DOES!!!!!I guess that makes two of us then. :D

Now that I think about it. I remember sending JW a comment on his website at the time referring to Trent at TrINT. Wonder if he got it from you or me first?

Phobia
12-15-2009, 05:12 PM
JW claims he was sent an email from one of the local talk radio hacks which contained the spelling about 4 days after I coined it. Show me some proof before 6:00 PM on that fateful day of the AFCW contest at Mile High and you can take some co-coining credit along with my genious self.

12-15-2009, 05:15 PM
JW claims he was sent an email from one of the local talk radio hacks which contained the spelling about 4 days after I coined it. Show me some proof before 6:00 PM on that fateful day of the AFCW contest at Mile High and you can take some co-coining credit along with my genious self.Their website doesn't keep that information so you will just have to take my word for it.:)

Phobia
12-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Their website doesn't keep that information so you will just have to take my word for it.:)

I do that and I'm gonna have people coming out of the woodwork trying to be co-coiners. It's a very prestigious position and I won't relinquish it quietly. My apologies, Wannabe Co-coiner.

carlos3652
12-15-2009, 05:30 PM

The whole thing.

carlos3652
12-15-2009, 05:32 PM
“Green may never lead the Chiefs to a .500 season, much less the playoffs and the Super Bowl.“
Adam Teicher, Kansas City Star, November 28, 2001

carlos3652
12-15-2009, 05:33 PM
F it, heres the whole thing...

First some history:

“One would have to say the public never really warmed up to Elvis Grbac, and he never really warmed up to Kansas City.“
Joe Posnanski, Kansas City Star, March 1, 2001

“How about a fond farewell for Elvis? Sorry, not for a guy who spent most of December saying he’d be foolish to walk away from the best tight end in football and a decent corps of still-young receivers. But after posting the best year of his career, Grbac used the first snag in his contract talks as his excuse to bolt a town that never did embrace him and cash in his suddenly hot chips.“
Rick Dean, Topeka Capitol-Journal, March 5, 2001

“If I’m the only person not sold on Trent…Vermeil is, and that’s all that matters.“
Pete Goering, Topeka Capital-Journal, April 18, 2001

“Kansas City couldn’t be sure any (of the draftable running backs) would be available when its pick came around. The Chiefs did the wise thing…by acquiring Green. He gives Kansas City its best chance for immediate success. Green is only 30 and should, if healthy, have several good seasons remaining.“
Bob Lutz, Wichita Eagle, April 23, 2001

“To me, the biggest statement (Green) made…was bringing everyone together as a team. It wasn’t just offense/defense, it was everybody. That’s something people here haven’t done much before. Things have always been kind of segregated around here in terms of offense and defense. I like the way he conducts himself, not just in the huddle, but in the locker room. He has a quality of leadership that Elvis told you flat out was a role he didn’t want.“
Rick Dean, Topeka Capital-Journal, June 22, 2001

“Everything hinges on Green.“
Doug Tucker, Associated Press, September 5, 2001

“While Green might not throw the long ball as effectively as his unpopular predecessor, Elvis Grbac, he clearly supplies greater leadership.“
Doug Tucker, Associated Press, September 5, 2001

“Green heaped blame on himself and admitted he was pressing. Green was not in the mood to give himself a break.“
Adam Teicher, Kansas City Star, September 25, 2001

“It doesn’t matter how hard (Green) is playing if we drop the ball or not run the routes the right way, we’re going to make him look bad.“
Priest Holmes, Washington Post, October 1, 2001

“Quarterback Trent Green took an hour after the game just to think about what to say.” Adam Teicher, Kansas City Star, October 7, 2001

“My back’s to the wall.” (Green said) “Want a blindfold? (media reply) Cigarette? It seems like everyone is taking shots at Kansas City’s quarterback these days.“
Rick Dean, Topeka Capital-Journal, October 24, 2001

“Green…. more and more he looks like Grbac’s twin brother.“
Jason Whitlock, Kansas City Star, October 24, 2001

“To have the support of my teammates and coaches, I don’t want to say it makes it easier, but it helps.“
Trent Green, Wichita Eagle, October 29, 2001

“A major disappointment. No player or aspect of Vermeil’s first team has been a bigger one.“
Adam Teicher, Kansas City Star, November 3, 2001

“Obviously, the Chiefs are trying to protect Tr-INT’s fragile psyche.“
Jason Whitlock, Kansas City Star, November 4, 2001

“Have I lost confidence in Trent Green? No, I have not. And gosh, I wasn’t wrong about him the first time. I don’t know why I’d be wrong about him this time. All quarterbacks get better with more skill around him.“
Dick Vermeil, www.kcchiefs.com, November 6, 2001

“The Chiefs tried valiantly Sunday to keep the weight of their offensive expectations off underachieving quarterback Trent Green.“
Adam Teicher, Kansas City Star, November 11, 2001

“Though disappointed with its 2-6 record…they don’t have any brewing quarterback controversy, like those popping up in Seattle, Baltimore and Atlanta. On the contrary, these Chiefs have been a rather harmonious bunch.“
Ivan Carter, Kansas City Star, November 7, 2001

“If guys want to point to a fall guy and say it’s all my fault I am fine with that. Right now, it’s fallen on my lap. It is not going to affect me or the way I play.“
Trent Green, Kansas City Star, November 21, 2001

“Green may never lead the Chiefs to a .500 season, much less the playoffs and the Super Bowl.“
Adam Teicher, Kansas City Star, November 28, 2001

“Green, has been a big disappointment.“
Doug Tucker, Associated Press, December 3, 2001

Very similar media outrage...nowadays

12-15-2009, 05:40 PM
I do that and I'm gonna have people coming out of the woodwork trying to be co-coiners. It's a very prestigious position and I won't relinquish it quietly. My apologies, Wannabe Co-coiner.Well, I know I sent it so that is all I need. You believe what you want you selfish bastard.:)

Hammock Parties
12-15-2009, 05:41 PM
“Green heaped blame on himself and admitted he was pressing. Green was not in the mood to give himself a break.“This is what we need from Matt. Not "you don't know what the fuck you're watching" and "shut the fuck up."

“Have I lost confidence in Trent Green? No, I have not. And gosh, I wasn’t wrong about him the first time. I don’t know why I’d be wrong about him this time. All quarterbacks get better with more skill around him.“

Note that Haley has never said ANYTHING in this regard over Cassel. I don't think Haley wants Cassel.

Dylan
12-15-2009, 06:11 PM
ya'll crack me up .... LMAO

o, such stellar moments -- LMAO

too funny ... LMAO

o, o, LMAO

Dylan
12-15-2009, 06:16 PM
what happened to the photo & banner (Craig's List)? LMAO

o, gawd! too much ... LMAO

KCbroncoHATER
12-16-2009, 01:40 PM