PDA

View Full Version : A new mock. Going to try something new.

Direckshun
12-14-2009, 10:55 AM
1. S Eric Berry, Tennessee

Playmaker, secondary, Mike Brown, etc.

2. OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M

All he does is sack the quarterback. That's really all he does.

2. WR Golden Tate, Notre Dame

WE NEED HANDS, and Tate has a great pair and experience in a pro-style offense. Hell he could be our #2 on Week 1.

3. OT Kyle Calloway, Iowa

Right tackle extraordinaire.

4. C Eric Olsen, Notre Dame

I really liked a lot of Notre Dame's offense this year, and I think much of it has to do with Olsen manning the middle. Smart kid.

5. CB Alterraun Verner, UCLA

We already spent a midrounder on a project CB last year, this year I'd like to spend a midrounder on an NFL-reader CB.

5. NT Kade Weston, Georgia

This is a reach for Weston -- but he's got good mobility and he CAN get into the backfield. Three-down NT.

5. ILB Ryan D'Imperio, Rutgers

This guy gets in the backfield. I have made that a priority for the draft this year by drafting two LBs and a defensive lineman that I think can improve this team's passrush.

DrRyan
12-14-2009, 05:33 PM
I have a hard time believing Golden Tate will still be on the board with the Chiefs 2b pick.

Two impact defensive players, a NFL ready WR and two upgrades on the O line look great though.

okiedokieokoye
12-15-2009, 06:13 PM
CP would implode if the Chiefs waited until the 3rd round to pick up some offensive line help.

KurtCobain
12-16-2009, 01:05 PM
Looks dreamy

talastan
12-18-2009, 12:53 PM
Are any of these guys accomplished KR/PR 's? If so then looks good to me. I'd like to see a power back somewhere though instead of another CB. Overall though not bad Direckshun! :thumb:

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-19-2009, 06:18 PM
I really, really don't want us to draft a CB this year. We need to load up on linebackers, running backs, and interior linemen in the late rounds.

DaneMcCloud
12-22-2009, 12:08 AM
I really, really don't want us to draft a CB this year. We need to load up on linebackers, running backs, and interior linemen in the late rounds.

This.

ANOTHER fucking CB? With Flowers, Leggett, Carr & Washington?

No thank you.

KurtCobain
12-23-2009, 04:21 PM
I want five cornerbacks.

ILikeToDrink_VOL
12-29-2009, 05:51 PM

If you're talking about Berry, he's a safety. And I'm praying the Chiefs draft him.

He is a BAMF.

mylittlepony
01-05-2010, 01:44 AM

I think we had the 6th best tandem at CB (according to profootballfocus), so while I do agree; I would rather get great cb depth then overreach for any other position. However if equal we might pick up position of higher need.

googlegoogle
01-08-2010, 09:19 PM
No guards?

BossChief
01-08-2010, 10:44 PM
very good mock imho

that would be an impact draft for sure.

Wilson8
01-09-2010, 04:55 AM
Your draft looks pretty good. I'd take it.

Here was what I was thinking...

(1) Tennessee safety Eric Berry to replace Mike Brown.

(2a) Notre Dame WR/PR Golden Tate to replace Bobby Wade.

(2b) Florida ILB Brandon Spikes to replace Corey Mays.

(3) Boston College Center Matt Tennant to replace Rudy Niswanger.

(4) Utah OG/OT Zane Beadles to replace Mike Goff.

(5a) Oregon RB/FB LeGarrette Blount to replace Kolby Smith.

(5b) Bowling Green WR Freddie Barnes to replace Lance Long.

(5c) East Carolina DT Jay Ross to replace Dion Gales.

HemiEd
01-09-2010, 11:00 AM
If you're talking about Berry, he's a safety. And I'm praying the Chiefs draft him.

He is a BAMF.

ROFL Welcome to the planet, and thanks for helping Hamas out. ROFL

milkman
01-09-2010, 11:19 AM

This.

And I would rather take Mardy Gilyard over Golden Tate.

angelo
01-09-2010, 12:09 PM

Mine is Similar yet different

1) Erick Berry FS
2a) Von Miller OLB (Golden Tate WR) *
2b) Reshad Jones SS
3) Daryl Washington ILB-(Marshawn Gilyard WR/KR)*
4) Toby Gerhart RB (Dennis Pitta TE)*
5a) Zane Beadles OT/OG (Drew Davis OT)*
5b) John Estes C (Sean Canfield QB) *
5C) Jordan Shipley WR- (Jay Ross NT)*
6) Ryan D' Imperio ? if we have a 6th pick.

* if first pick unavailable

FA pick ups
Brandon Banks WR/KR
Riley Cooper WR
Kerry Meyer WR
Phillip Dillard ILB
Austin English OLB
Travis Ivey NT
LaGarret Blount
Obviously heavy on the D

I think that Haley will feel like he can better develop Undrafted FA Wide Receivers

Flame Away

Ang

Wilson8
01-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Some good picks there.

I did my draft based on who we really need to improve or replace. Niswanger, Brown, Wade, Goff, Long, Smith, Gales, and Mays replacement would really help the team. I attempted to find the best value in each round. Center is a big need, but a team can get good value in the middle rounds.

I think your draft covered team needs.

angelo
01-09-2010, 12:59 PM
Some good picks there.

I did my draft based on who we really need to improve or replace. Niswanger, Brown, Wade, Goff, Long, Smith, Gales, and Mays replacement would really help the team. I attempted to find the best value in each round. Center is a big need, but a team can get good value in the middle rounds.

I think your draft covered team needs.

Thank You

I think that if we improve the defense we will be far better.

Ang

keg in kc
01-09-2010, 01:17 PM
Thank You

I think that if we improve the defense we will be far better.

AngThe last four drafts have been pretty heavily focused on the defense. Three first round picks (including the two highest picks of the last 20 years), three second round picks, three third round picks on the defensive side as opposed to two firsts and three thirds for the offense.

There's no depth at any position on offense and the majority of the starters need to be replaced. Right now they have a QB (like him or not he's the starter...), a RB (who's on the small side), a LT and a WR. And that's it.

I'm not saying they shouldn't continue to try and fix the defense, but if they continue to ignore the offense, it's going to keep this team from competing.

'course with this team, they can draft anywhere and be an upgrade, but I think the defense is closer than people realize. Find a starting MLB, starting S, starting NT and I think they're a lot better very quickly. They have a lot of pieces, there are just a couple of glaring holes that I think made the 2009 total less than the sum of the parts.

Were it me, while I hope they draft with more of an eye on talent than positional need, I think an infusion of talent on offense is something the Chiefs really, really need from the early to middle rounds of the next two drafts. They can't continue to focus their efforts more on one side of the ball than the other year in and out, or they'll run into the same problems they've had for the last 15 years, where one unit was dominant and the other kept them down.

angelo
01-09-2010, 01:39 PM
The last four drafts have been pretty heavily focused on the defense. Three first round picks (including the two highest picks of the last 20 years), three second round picks, three third round picks on the defensive side as opposed to two firsts and three thirds for the offense.

There's no depth at any position on offense and the majority of the starters need to be replaced. Right now they have a QB (like him or not he's the starter...), a RB (who's on the small side), a LT and a WR. And that's it.

I'm not saying they shouldn't continue to try and fix the defense, but if they continue to ignore the offense, it's going to keep this team from competing.

'course with this team, they can draft anywhere and be an upgrade, but I think the defense is closer than people realize. Find a starting MLB, starting S, starting NT and I think they're a lot better very quickly. They have a lot of pieces, there are just a couple of glaring holes that I think made the 2009 total less than the sum of the parts.

Were it me, while I hope they draft with more of an eye on talent than positional need, I think an infusion of talent on offense is something the Chiefs really, really need from the early to middle rounds of the next two drafts. They can't continue to focus their efforts more on one side of the ball than the other year in and out, or they'll run into the same problems they've had for the last 15 years, where one unit was dominant and the other kept them down.

You make a valid point.

Ang

Wilson8
01-09-2010, 02:09 PM
keg in kc,

Good analysis on the Chiefs. I enjoy reading your posts.

Mile High Mania
01-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Von Miller read this and decided to stay in college... :clap:

Ralphy Boy
01-19-2010, 09:09 PM

Fact is that Berry would replace McGraw, not Brown. No way that Haley's golden boy gets replaced so quickly.

The rest of it I like.

Chiefnj2
01-20-2010, 10:25 AM

I could live with that even though I've never watched Beadles or Ross. My only big complaint would be the NFL is all about hitting the QB and with your draft the team doesn't address OLB/situational pass rusher.