PDA

View Full Version : Football Orakpo - 4 sacks on the day, 12 on the year

B_Ambuehl
12-14-2009, 11:44 AM
Told you he was no Gholston.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=5623761&postcount=11

Yall think Pioli would like to go back and do that pick #3 pick over?

In comparison, Tyson Jackson is currently grading out as the worst 5 technique in the national football league:

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=DE4&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

The Franchise
12-14-2009, 11:46 AM
So you started a thread to show that you were right about a draft pick?

Congrats on that. :spock:

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 11:46 AM
Having a dominant DT sure doesn't hurt.

Sorry, but just because he was the right pick for Washington doesn't mean he would have been the right pick here.

But yeah, I'd like to have that pick back.

Hook 'Em Horns12
12-14-2009, 11:47 AM
Its killing me. i really wanted this guy to be drafted by us

Mr. Laz
12-14-2009, 11:48 AM

In comparison, Tyson Jackson is currently grading out as the worst 5 technique in the national football league:

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=DE4&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1
you're no mecca ... that's for sure.

doomy3
12-14-2009, 11:48 AM

Sorry, but just because he was the right pick for Washington doesn't mean he would have been the right pick here.

What dominant DT? Haynesworth? He hasn't been playing, and was inactive yesterday.

The Franchise
12-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Oh....and for what it's worth......if we didn't trade for Cassel....we could have ended up with this.

1st - Mark Sanchez, QB
2nd - Ron Brace, NT
3rd - Alex Magee, DE

B_Ambuehl
12-14-2009, 11:50 AM
So you started a thread to show that you were right about a draft pick?

More to put another nail in the coffin of the supposed elite talent evaluation capabilities of Scott Pioli. But, iirc Orakpo got slammed by virtually everyone on this forum but me.

Hook 'Em Horns12
12-14-2009, 11:51 AM
More to put another nail in the coffin of the supposed elite talent evaluation capabilities of Scott Pioli. But, iirc Orakpo got slammed by virtually everyone on this forum but me.

he was my mock pick

Mr. Flopnuts
Oh....and for what it's worth......if we didn't trade for Cassel....we could have ended up with this.

1st - Mark Sanchez, QB
2nd - Ron Brace, NT
3rd - Alex Magee, DE

:facepalm: So gross.............

OnTheWarpath15
What dominant DT? Haynesworth? He hasn't been playing, and was inactive yesterday.

Wow.

He's missed what, 3 games?

Sure, he's had no impact on Orakpo's play this year, nor have the other talented players he's surrounded by.

Kid plays for the 7th best defense statistically in the NFL.

If you want to think he'd be playing lights out surrounded by our abortion of a defense, in a different scheme, go right ahead.

doomy3
12-14-2009, 11:53 AM
Wow.

He's missed what, 3 games?

Sure, he's had no impact on Orakpo's play this year, nor have the other talented players he's surrounded by.

Kid plays for the 7th best defense statistically in the NFL.

If you want to think he'd be playing lights out surrounded by our abortion of a defense, in a different scheme, go right ahead.

He had a third of his sacks yesterday on a day that Haynesworth didn't even suit up. I'm not into making sweeping generalizations and didn't say he would be having the same kind of season. I am simply pointing out that your original post in this thread about Haynesworth having a large impact on his play this year is rather shortsighted.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2009, 11:54 AM
Far worse to have been me. I originally loved Orakpo as a prospect, started a 500+ post thread about him, and then let the UT stigma and other people talk me out of him.

Stupid, stupid me.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2009, 12:04 PM
"Washington is a good fit for Orakpo. He's much better with his hand in the dirt, IMO."

"FWIW, Orakpo has shown a combination of production and athleticism that will make him a top three pick in this draft."

"Orakpo is a playmaker. Taylor Mays is a playmaker. Maualuga is a playmaker. Options 2 and 3 don't have top 5 value, but I believe Orakpo does. Beanie Wells will be a Larry Johnson type back (I wouldn't take him, though). And there are 3-4 franchise LTs in this draft."

If we keep playing like this, we won't be in a position to draft Stafford. It's not good or bad, it is what it is."

"With that being said, a genetic freak like Rak daddy would go a long way towards fixing the ills of this defense. He's not as long as Michael Johnson, but he's fast, explosive, and incredibly strong. Plus, he's taken boxing lessons, so Krumrie will love him with his fucktard slap-fight drill.

There could be worse selections in the 3-7 range where we will most likely choose.

"And scenario 2:

If Stafford isn't there, you pick Orakpo. Mecca will probably want Johnson, and we'll fight to the death over it. Now, if we somehow finish 3-13 and end up drafting 6th, I'll probably kill myself."

keg in kc
12-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Blind squirrels and nuts.

Mr. Laz
12-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Blind squirrels and nuts.
so you're saying if we poke Mecca's eyes out then he will finally get one right too?

TEX
12-14-2009, 12:11 PM

Exactly - I was saying it as well but most (including some who responded to this thread) said that I was impartial since I am from Texas...Well I'd just like to say ," FUCK YOU PIOLI!" and ,"TOLD YA SO!" to the nonbelievers. It $ucks to be correct and still lose because the Chiefs are so bad.

Chiefnj2
12-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Clay Matthews would also have been a great fit in KC. KC could have traded down to mid first taken Clay and another 2 draft picks to piss away.

MMXcalibur
12-14-2009, 12:36 PM
We're eternally doomed to have drafted defensive players play like shit-for-brain twats.

HemiEd
12-14-2009, 12:38 PM
We're eternally doomed to have drafted defensive players play like shit-for-brain twats.

Isn't Krumrie the only common denominator?

RealSNR
12-14-2009, 12:39 PM
KC could have traded down to mid firstNo we couldn't

smittysbar
12-14-2009, 12:39 PM
Clay Matthews would also have been a great fit in KC. KC could have traded down to mid first taken Clay and another 2 draft picks to piss away.

Trading down, wish it was that easy

Brock
12-14-2009, 12:42 PM
No we couldn't

The Chiefs could have traded to 17 for sure.

-King-
12-14-2009, 12:51 PM
The Chiefs could have traded to 17 for sure.

You're being sarcastic right? From the 3rd pick to 17? You know how much the other team would have to give up for that trade to be even logical?

Brock
12-14-2009, 12:52 PM
You're being sarcastic right? From the 3rd pick to 17? You know how much the other team would have to give up for that trade to be even logical?

Around the same amount they gave up to move to 5. what's logic got to do with it? They drafted a 3-4 end at 3.

Chiefnj2
12-14-2009, 01:08 PM

That's where things don't match up anymore. The draft value chart is outdated. The chart calls for too much compensation. Even if KC only obtained a 2nd and 3rd round pick to move down to 17, it could be an excellent trade for KC and good value provided the right picks were made.

BWillie
12-14-2009, 01:08 PM

1st - Mark Sanchez, QB
2nd - Ron Brace, NT
3rd - Alex Magee, DE

You know, I still probably wouldn't want Sanchez over Cassel. Sanchez started out w/ three good games and he's been worse than Jamarcus Russell ever since. At least we know Cassell had a year where he was a serviceable QB for New England. We know that Sanchez sucks.

wild1
12-14-2009, 01:11 PM
You know, I still probably wouldn't want Cassell over Sanchez. Sanchez started out w/ three good games and he's been worse than Jamarcus Russell ever since. At least we know Cassell had a year where he was a serviceable QB for New England. We know that Sanchez sucks.

We don't know that Sanchez will always suck any more than we know if Cassel will suck for the rest of his career.

Sanchez is sucking on a better offense, but he probably still has more upside. Cassel hasn't had a good year, but with a decent offense he played fairly well last season.

I don't think there is a clear favorite at this point in their careers between the two.

Sure-Oz
12-14-2009, 01:11 PM
You know, I still probably wouldn't want Cassell over Sanchez. Sanchez started out w/ three good games and he's been worse than Jamarcus Russell ever since. At least we know Cassell had a year where he was a serviceable QB for New England. We know that Sanchez sucks.

lol, i think thats really unfair to judge Sanchez this early. 1 year college starter, starting as a rookie

Sure-Oz
12-14-2009, 01:12 PM
We don't know that Sanchez will always suck any more than we know if Cassel will suck for the rest of his career.

Sanchez is on a better offense, but he probably still has more upside. Cassel hasn't had a good year, but with a decent offense he played fairly well last season.

I don't think there is a clear favorite at this point in their careers between the two.

Cassel still makes the dumbest decisions, he needs to correct that first off

wild1
12-14-2009, 01:17 PM
Cassel still makes the dumbest decisions, he needs to correct that first off

Sanchez turned the ball over 20 times in 12 games, before finding himself on the bench.

But I agree. An offensive coordinator, a QB coach, and an offensive line might go a long way to helping with that.

Sure-Oz
12-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Sanchez turned the ball over 20 times in 12 games, before finding himself on the bench.

they dont want the rookie to continue to struggle and then be destroyed mentally...its probably better he heals up and watches a bit

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 01:19 PM

You're honestly going to compare the play of a 21 year old rookie to that of a 27 year old, 5 year veteran?

And FWIW, Cassel now has 17 INT's and has fumbled 13 times.

Mecca
12-14-2009, 01:20 PM
You can list off basically 75% of the first round and say we'd be better off had we taken them...

Ralphy Boy
12-14-2009, 01:28 PM

Its killing me. i really wanted this guy to be drafted by us

Yeah because our horrible coaching would have killed any chance he ever had at becoming a pro-bowler.

As well you should. We reached on TJ, yet several experts rated Orakpo very high while "Chiefsplanet Experts" bashed the guy. I was a big fan of his but fell into the category of those that thought we needed a big NT ala BJ Raji, which might be worse.

Far worse to have been me. I originally loved Orakpo as a prospect, started a 500+ post thread about him, and then let the UT stigma and other people talk me out of him.

Stupid, stupid me.

See above.

Mecca
12-14-2009, 01:29 PM
Raji is having a really nice year actually...

wild1
12-14-2009, 01:31 PM
You're honestly going to compare the play of a 21 year old rookie to that of a 27 year old, 5 year veteran?

Cassel has only lost 3 fumbles. I didn't count fumbles not lost.

Sanchez is averaging more than 1 interception per game played, and fumbles in virtually every game.

Sanchez: 17INT + 3 fumb lost = 20 Turnovers
Cassel: 13 INT + 3 Fumb lost = 16 Turnovers

Hammock Parties
12-14-2009, 01:33 PM
Orakpo Tyler Dorsey Hali

That is a hell of a front four if you ask me.

Mecca
12-14-2009, 01:33 PM
That's nice at least Sanchez is a young player with upside our guy should be entering his prime.

If Sanchez is still the same player in 5 years then it's the same...

CrazyPhuD
12-14-2009, 01:35 PM
We should have taken Heyward-Bey.

Mecca
12-14-2009, 01:35 PM
We should have taken Heyward-Bey.

As of today our pick is as bad as that pick.

Brock
12-14-2009, 01:37 PM

Sanchez is averaging more than 1 interception per game played, and fumbles in virtually every game.

Wow what a major difference.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2009, 01:40 PM

Stupid, stupid me.

Did Mecca threaten you with a flaming toilet brush?:D

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 01:41 PM

Huge.

BWillie
12-14-2009, 01:42 PM

Cassel basically is a sophomore quarterback. I don't care how much practice you get, you have to be able to do it in games. And w/ that said - he never started any games until last year, since he was 18. He is going to have a learning curve similar to Sanchez.

Mecca
12-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Cassel basically is a sophomore quarterback. I don't care how much practice you get, you have to be able to do it in games. And w/ that said - he never started any games until last year, since he was 18. He is going to have a learning curve similar to Sanchez.

And this is why trading for him was stupid as fuck. But no we had a huge contingent of posters that said he was experienced, better than a rookie etc etc etc.

How things change that reality has hit.

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 01:44 PM

Interesting.

Cassel is averaging more than 1 INT per game played (13 INT in 12 games) and fumbles in virtually every game. (13 fumbles in 12 games)

Both of them are playing like rookies.

The problem is, one of them is a 27 year old, 5th year veteran.

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 01:46 PM

Yet the entire offseason, we were subjected to the "well, he won't make rookie mistakes" or "he has more experience, so he's a better fit" comments.

Funny how those folks have changed their tune after 12 games.

wild1
12-14-2009, 01:47 PM

The conversation started with "Oh, we could have had Sanchez." The original point was "He's not any better than Cassel so far". Then someone was outraged that I would "seriously" compare two players with comparable statistics.

Mecca
Yet the entire offseason, we were subjected to the "well, he won't make rookie mistakes" or "he has more experience, so he's a better fit" comments.

Now he just "needs time" and specifically remember making the comment that I better never see that phrase used in reference to him and everyone agreed yet here it is...

I'm just so ridiculously tired of seeing people that so badly want a player to be good they'll skew what reality is.

wild1
Interesting.

Cassel is averaging more than 1 INT per game played (13 INT in 12 games) and fumbles in virtually every game. (13 fumbles in 12 games)

True; if the veteran had a better degree of talent around him that Sanchez does, I'm sure he would be outperforming him.

Mecca
12-14-2009, 01:48 PM
True; if the veteran had a better degree of talent around him that Sanchez does, I'm sure he would be outperforming him.

Keep defending Cassel, it's not easy to make a shitty asshole look pretty but you're trying.

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 01:48 PM
The conversation started with "Oh, we could have had Sanchez." The original point was "He's not any better than Cassel so far". Then someone was outraged that I would "seriously" compare two players with comparable statistics.

Not outraged at all.

I feel sorry for you.

If you can't see the difference between a rookie with upside making rookie mistakes, and a 27 year old, 5th year veteran making the same mistakes, I can't do much for you.

Mecca
12-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Not outraged at all.

I feel sorry for you.

If you can't see the difference between a rookie with upside making rookie mistakes, and a 27 year old, 5th year veteran making the same mistakes, I can't do much for you.

It's the nature of our fan base man, have you ever talked to a general Chiefs fan or really football fan in general, your brain will explode.

wild1
12-14-2009, 01:52 PM
Not outraged at all.

I feel sorry for you.

I feel far more sorry for you. It's obvious there are some anger issues in your life based on the attitude you consistently display here.

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 01:53 PM

How does that explain Stafford's numbers in relation to Cassel's?

Amazing that people go out of their way to defend a player who's stats are almost identical to those of ROOKIE QB'S.

Mecca
12-14-2009, 01:54 PM
LOL it's funny considering Matt Stafford is 6 years younger than Cassel is, but hey it's fine for Cassel to be in the same spot right?

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 01:54 PM
I feel far more sorry for you. It's obvious there are some anger issues in your life based on the attitude you consistently display here.

You can read anger through a monitor?

Actually, this place is my one stop shop for Chiefs news and general comedy.

Laughing at people like you is much more enjoyable that watching Comedy Central.

-King-
12-14-2009, 01:55 PM
LOL it's funny considering Matt Stafford is 6 years younger than Cassel is, but hey it's fine for Cassel to be in the same spot right?

To me, Stafford is superior to Cassel and Sanchez. He reminds me of Elway for some reason.

wild1
12-14-2009, 01:58 PM
You can read anger through a monitor?

Actually, this place is my one stop shop for Chiefs news and general comedy.

Laughing at people like you is much more enjoyable that watching Comedy Central.

I did not intend to be derisive. For someone to lash out and berate others on the internet all day, it seems likely there is another arena of life where they are dealing with a lot of frustration they can't express. I have been there and I understand it.

ChiefsCountry
12-14-2009, 01:59 PM

You do realize that Sanchez is hurt.

Mecca
12-14-2009, 01:59 PM
He thinks he's a psychologist, maybe he just has a low tolerance for morons? I know I do.

'Hamas' Jenkins
12-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Translation: I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground, so I'm going to try and play armchair psychologist to deflect from the fact that I just said a bunch of stupid shit.

Sweet Daddy Hate
12-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Interesting.

NO ONE who supports Cassel in a homeristic fashion wants to get or understand this.

Ah yes, the miles and miles of EXPERIENCE! LMAO

The anger comes from suffering dumbasses who have no idea what the fuck they're talking about.

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Translation: I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground, so I'm going to try and play armchair psychologist to deflect from the fact that I just said a bunch of stupid shit.

And boom goes the dynamite.

FD
12-14-2009, 02:20 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d814f1f77/WK-14-Brian-Orakpo-highlights

Heres a highlight video of Orakpo yesterday, pretty good clips if you like to see the Raiders made to look like fools. Orakpo is a beast.

wild1
12-14-2009, 02:22 PM
The anger comes from suffering dumbasses who have no idea what the **** they're talking about.

Why does someone being "wrong" on the internet whip you into such a rage? It seems like a very insignificant part of life.

Mile High Mania
12-14-2009, 02:23 PM
One pick after Moreno... I was kinda hoping that Denver would have taken Orakpo at 12 and then RB or other DL at 18. I can't complain about Moreno, but man...

Ralphy Boy
12-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Raji is having a really nice year actually...

I haven't paid much attention to him recently, just know that he was drafted to play NT, but he wasn't starting there until yesterday when Pickett had his hamstring issue.

Hopeful that when Pickett becomes a FA this offseason, we can get him.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2009, 05:11 PM
I can't complain about Moreno

Really, you can't complain about a running back taken in the first round who is barely averaging 4 YPC?

Ralphy Boy
12-14-2009, 06:14 PM
Really, you can't complain about a running back taken in the first round who is barely averaging 4 YPC?

I hope your joking. I don't like Denver either, but that's a pretty good average.
Marshall Faulk, the 2nd player overall, also had a 4.1 avg his rookie year. Not saying Moreno is as good as Faulk, but they both averaged 4.1 their rookie year.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2009, 06:32 PM
I hope your joking. I don't like Denver either, but that's a pretty good average.
Marshall Faulk, the 2nd player overall, also had a 4.1 avg his rookie year. Not saying Moreno is as good as Faulk, but they both averaged 4.1 their rookie year.

Moreno's average is low because he can't break the long run. Faulk always had the ability to do that.

Moreno hasn't broken 100 yards all year. I'd be disappointed if I was a Broncos fan.

Mecca
12-14-2009, 06:45 PM
Knowshon Moreno is Priest Holmes, there's nothing wrong with that.

DeezNutz
12-14-2009, 06:46 PM

A 27-year-old sophomore?

There's probably a pretty decent reason why he's never started, except in high school.

Hammock Parties
12-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Knowshon Moreno is Priest Holmes, there's nothing wrong with that.

There's a reason Priest was undrafted, though...

wild1
12-14-2009, 07:02 PM

Now that it's not Larry Johnson, you're willing to look at YPC in a vacuum?

Hammock Parties
12-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Now that it's not Larry Johnson, you're willing to look at YPC in a vacuum?

Its not a vacuum actually, consider Denver's offensive line and that Buckhalter ripped off 100 yards like he was falling off a log against KC.

Moreno doesn't impress me. In fact, Buckhalter has two 100-yard games this year to Moreno's 0.

With Kyle Orton back there they need a more explosive RB to compete with teams like Indy.

Mile High Mania
12-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Moreno's average is low because he can't break the long run. Faulk always had the ability to do that.

Moreno hasn't broken 100 yards all year. I'd be disappointed if I was a Broncos fan.

I'll tell you who is disappointed... your parents. If Moreno were the lone RB, sure... 800+ yards as a rookie could be disappointing, I guess. But, he's been splitting duty by design with Buckhalter.