PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Last Play of the Game

Chiefnj2
12-14-2009, 01:13 PM
My understanding of how a "catch" is defined these days is that the receiver must maintain possession throughout the entire catch. If you grab it in the air, your feet hit and you fall to the ground and lose the ball - no catch.

On yesterday's Hail Mary throw, it looked like two Bills were fighting over/bumbling the ball back and forth on their way to, and on the ground. KC had a receiver or two just standing around watching them. Why shouldn't they have just jumped on top and tried to wrestle the ball away? If neither Bill had "possession", couldn't it have been a TD?

-King-
12-14-2009, 01:14 PM
Woulda, Coulda, Shoula, Indian Buddha.

Coogs
12-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Why shouldn't they have just jumped on top and tried to wrestle the ball away?

Maybe they all had bets on the Bills in Vegas. :shrug: Cassel might have had money on the Bills too the way it looked.

bowener
12-14-2009, 01:34 PM
My understanding of how a "catch" is defined these days is that the receiver must maintain possession throughout the entire catch. If you grab it in the air, your feet hit and you fall to the ground and lose the ball - no catch.

On yesterday's Hail Mary throw, it looked like two Bills were fighting over/bumbling the ball back and forth on their way to, and on the ground. KC had a receiver or two just standing around watching them. Why shouldn't they have just jumped on top and tried to wrestle the ball away? If neither Bill had "possession", couldn't it have been a TD?

So long as the ball is not in anyone's possession and has not touched the turf the ball is still in play, and yes, a Chief should have jumped in and tried to retain possession of the ball.

Would you really have wanted us to win that way though? I guess I would have just so the Bills would look that stupid...

Dayze
12-14-2009, 01:40 PM
our players are too stupid to understand that.
we have players who get hit at the LOS, 10 yds from the 1st down marker and get up signaling 1st down.

Rain Man
12-14-2009, 01:40 PM
They probably didn't know they were supposed to catch it.

HypnotizedMonkey
12-14-2009, 02:19 PM
they were probably looking for a flag more than trying to convert that play

Brock
12-14-2009, 02:21 PM
I can't believe Haley was dumb enough to think there was going to be a flag thrown on a hail mary.

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 02:24 PM
I can't believe Haley was dumb enough to think there was going to be a flag thrown on a hail mary.

Well, it happens. Rarely. Ask Mangini. Then again, Calvin Johnson was tackled on that play.

No one touched Cottam, he tripped over his own feet.

Phobia
12-14-2009, 02:27 PM
No one touched Cottam, he tripped over his own feet.

Heh. That was ridiculous. I think he'd have stood a real good chance to catch it too.

Jilly
12-14-2009, 02:44 PM
Let's be honest, the last three minutes of the game was def not the shining star moments of either Haley or the players.

Simply Red
12-14-2009, 02:51 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/b4vptv.gif

OnTheWarpath15
12-14-2009, 02:55 PM
Heh. That was ridiculous. I think he'd have stood a real good chance to catch it too.

Yeah, it would have been interesting had he not tripped over that gopher hole in the EZ.

Reerun_KC
12-14-2009, 03:14 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/b4vptv.gif

ROFL

Reerun_KC
12-14-2009, 03:14 PM
Yeah, it would have been interesting had he not tripped over that gopher hole in the EZ.

Field is complete ass...

Renegade
12-14-2009, 03:33 PM
Field is complete ass...

What you didn't like the 15 colors of "green" and the patch job down the middle of the field and end zones? This isn't even mentioning the potholes around the field