PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Haley and Pioli not on speaking terms?

Thig Lyfe
12-16-2009, 05:43 PM
From the most reliable sports news source on the net:

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2009/12/a-ksk-eksklusive-haley-and-pioli-not-on-speaking-terms.html

Yes, once again it’s time for us folk at KSK to regale you, the reader, with something as close to approximating news as we get. Now, you know how this works out. We were the ones who tricked you into thinking Brady was retiring. We were the ones who told you TO was spotted at the Nashville airport. So, as you can see, our record in actual reporting is SPOTLESS, certainly better than Mort’s, that’s for damn sure.

Anyway, a reader emailed us with a tip. Who is this source? What kind of credibility does this source have? Uhhhh… I dunno. It was just an email. But it was JUICY! And therefore, it automatically qualifies as credible news around these parts. Here’s the scoop from Anonymous:

I have it on pretty good sources well within the Chiefs organization that Todd Haley and Scott Pioli have not said one word to each other in almost 7 weeks. I think he may need inclusion on the Fire this Asshole list. I’m sure as a first time head coach, part of his contract had pretty easy out clauses for the Chiefs if it wasn’t working out.

(Camaro door flies open)

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/haley_todd.jpg

Todd Haley: What are you saying? You saying I need to talk to my GM? You saying Todd Haley has a boss? Todd Haley HAS NO FUCKING BOSS. No one tells him what to do or where to go. YOU READ ME? I call the shots here. You don’t like the way I do things, son, THEN YOU CAN GET THE FUCK OUT. I win with you. I win without you.

(flips sunglasses back down)

Bane
12-16-2009, 05:45 PM
:BS:

DaneMcCloud
12-16-2009, 05:46 PM
R

E

Bugeater
12-16-2009, 05:47 PM
http://www.glassprison.com/kelly/misc%20pics/DearGodPlsMakeItStop.jpg

pr_capone
12-16-2009, 05:48 PM
P

O

S

T

Bane
R

E

p
o
s
t
:cuss:

Bane
P

O

S

T

:cuss::cuss:
ROFL

Mojo Jojo
Old news. Prisco reported this 10 to 14 days ago. However, Pete does have some of the best sources in the NFL and is usually right...if he see's smoke than there could well be a fire.

Thig Lyfe
R

E

I literally searched "Haley and Pioli not on speaking terms" and got nothin'.

RustShack
12-16-2009, 05:50 PM
And let the Shanahan rumors begin.

CaliforniaChief
12-16-2009, 05:52 PM
I literally searched "Haley and Pioli not on speaking terms" and got nothin'.

Fire your research department. I would the whole thing.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=220011

Bane
12-16-2009, 05:53 PM

Never in KC.He's Dallas bound.

LaChapelle
12-16-2009, 06:02 PM

SenselessChiefsFan
12-16-2009, 06:23 PM
I didn't see that. I don't believe it.... but I wish it were true. I would love to see Haley let go.

wazu
12-16-2009, 06:36 PM
It was either Teicher or Babb, but I heard one of them on the radio about a month and a half or so ago saying he was in a meeting with both Haley and Pioli and they were joking back and forth, very loose and easy. Said there wasn't even a hint of tension.

wazu
12-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Sorry, check that. It was Grunhard, not Babb or Teicher.

BigMeatballDave
12-16-2009, 06:40 PM
I didn't see that. I don't believe it.... but I wish it were true. I would love to see Haley let go.What difference would it make if Pioli is still making shitty personnel decisions?

Contrarian
12-16-2009, 06:42 PM
I didn't see that. I don't believe it.... but I wish it were true. I would love to see Haley let go.

Are you serious?

leviw
12-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Sorry, check that. It was Grunhard, not Babb or Teicher.

You sure it wasn't Kevin Harlan on 810?

Last I heard, Grunhard, or any other former player, isn't allowed on the building, let alone in the same room as those two.

wazu
12-16-2009, 06:48 PM
You sure it wasn't Kevin Harlan on 810?

Last I heard, Grunhard, or any other former player, isn't allowed on the building, let alone in the same room as those two.

Not 100%. I think I remember him mentioning it as an isolated experience in the same breath of talking about the restricted access they usually get. I could be wrong on the reporter, but remember he was convincing and just passing on his observations which were pretty convincing that, at least at the time, they were still buds.

OnTheWarpath15
12-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Wasn't it Jay Glazer that originally reported this a few weeks back?

leviw
12-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Not 100%. I think I remember him mentioning it as an isolated experience in the same breath of talking about the restricted access they usually get. I could be wrong on the reporter, but remember he was convincing and just passing on his observations which were pretty convincing that, at least at the time, they were still buds.

Yeah, I think that was Harlan on Petro's show. Harlan had sat down with both of them before, I believe, he did play-by-play for CBS for the Raiders game in Week 2 -- might have been a game or two after that.

wazu
12-16-2009, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I think that was Harlan on Petro's show. Harlan had sat down with both of them before, I believe, he did play-by-play for CBS for the Raiders game in Week 2 -- might have been a game or two after that.

Pretty sure it was Petro's show, so I'll go with that.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2009, 07:17 PM

Its gospel, you of all people would believe it...

Reerun_KC
12-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Wasn't it Jay Glazer that originally reported this a few weeks back?

Love the avatar!!!!

My question is when did Ft Arrowhead become a river of flowing information? Even the worthless fatman had to get him a snitch to get info out of Arrowhead....

OnTheWarpath15
12-16-2009, 07:21 PM
Love the avatar!!!!

My question is when did Ft Arrowhead become a river of flowing information? Even the worthless fatman had to get him a snitch to get info out of Arrowhead....

Good question.

Glazer has always been pretty accurate in his KC reportings.

I think the national guys probably have some sources inside the organization, but we don't hear about it because they don't write about us, because we suck.

None of the local guys even give a fucking effort, so who's going to talk to them anyway? Whitlock has Waters and the leftovers from the national guys, and that's likely it.

Then you have Josh Looney, this regime's version of Gretz, the river of bullshit flowing strong.

Reerun_KC
12-16-2009, 07:25 PM
Good question.

Glazer has always been pretty accurate in his KC reportings.

I think the national guys probably have some sources inside the organization, but we don't hear about it because they don't write about us, because we suck.

None of the local guys even give a ****ing effort, so who's going to talk to them anyway? Whitlock has Waters and the leftovers from the national guys, and that's likely it.

Then you have Josh Looney, this regime's version of Gretz, the river of bullshit flowing strong.

Can see the national guys probably having some contacts, but not the local fish wrap monkeys.....

I seriously doubt its true... Yes this season has been a wreck, we knew that it was going in...

I am anxious about the upcoming offseason... This will tell us alot about Pioli and Haley going forward...

OnTheWarpath15
12-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Can see the national guys probably having some contacts, but not the local fish wrap monkeys.....

I seriously doubt its true... Yes this season has been a wreck, we knew that it was going in...

I am anxious about the upcoming offseason... This will tell us alot about Pioli and Haley going forward...

Hell, I don't even think it's true.

I do think that there may be some tension inside the organization, stemming from several issues - but I doubt that the HC and GM haven't spoken in weeks. If it were true, Clark needs to carpet-bomb the entire fucking place.

So, back to the source of the tension. Two things, both of which I've heard from different people that have never steered me wrong:

First, I think Cassel was somewhat forced on Haley.

And second, I think Clark told Haley to cool it with the wildman act, or he'd be looking for a new job. I don't think Clark was a fan of having what little publicity this organization was getting revolve around the fact that Haley's a hothead. If you notice, he's not had a blowup on the sideline in several weeks.

If these things are true, and I have no reason to believe they are, then I can see why there might be some shady reporting about what's really going on inside the walls at Arrowhead.

Dylan
12-16-2009, 07:58 PM
SoulFunkJesus Says:

December 16th, 2009 at 10:08 am
Haley’s the kind of guy who doesn’t talk TO people, he talks AT people. While other people are saying things, he’s too busy waiting to say what he has to say next to listen to their meaningless spew. He is already a legend in his own mind.

LMAO

I got a kick out of their usernames:

LaFarve's Next Drink Says:
Tim Tebow's Girlfriend's Tits Says:
Reggie Bush's Pimp Says:
Matt Casselhoff Says:
Lofa Tatupoontang Says:
Nate Newton's van Says:
RickyWilliams'sBong Says:
elvis grbac's blue suede shoes Says:

Warrior5
12-16-2009, 08:00 PM

... or Cowher rumors.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-16-2009, 08:52 PM
What difference would it make if Pioli is still making shitty personnel decisions?

It is a process. Chiefs could have six wins this year with decent coaching.

SenselessChiefsFan
12-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Are you serious?

I normally give a head coach at least three years, or until it is apparent that he loses the players.

I just have no faith in this guy. I hope I am wrong, because I don't think he is leaving. But, his game day decisions make Herm Edwards look like Bill Parcells.

kpic
12-17-2009, 06:19 AM
But, his game day decisions make Herm Edwards look like Bill Parcells.

You have a short memory - not defending Haley but until I see him try and call back to back timeouts he is nowhere in the same league as Herm.